Weight Loss Support - monday's weigh-in... sigh... .8 of a lb???

teawithsunshine
02-02-2009, 06:07 PM
AUGHHHHHHHHH....

I only dropped 0.8 of a pound :( Even though I've been busting myself on the treadmill lately this past week, ugh.

This past week, I did three days of intense walking/hiking on the treadmill, took a easy day off, then back to another 2 days of challenging hiking on the treadmill, then took the third day off completely from exercise (sunday). I also did a leg work dvd three times this past week on alternate days as well. And I've been feeling quite a bit of muscle developing in my legs as a result of hiking this past month or 2.

I'm still keeping my calories in check and the amount of water I drink (though I admit I have had another cup or 2 to drink before and after my workouts lately), and my sodium is on the lower end of the scale since I don't eat a lot of processed foods but fresh or frozen... tsk.

So I'm still 189 lbs.

My goal is to lose 25 lbs by Memorial Day weekend. According to BMI calculator, if I lose another 25 lbs by Memorial Day weekend, it would mean I'm technically NO LONGER overweight!

I do realize 0.8 of a lb is better than nothing and some people here going through plateaus would LUV dropping even this amount.

It's just a little bit discouraging when you alternate hard/easy exercises sessions in the hopes of losing another 2 lbs.

I do hope the following week I can lose more than 0.8 of a pound!

*grumbling*

~ tea

JayEll
02-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Hey,

I don't quite understand what you're saying about water intake. You should be drinking 8 to 10 8-oz. glasses a day. Be sure to get enough water! :yes:

What is your calorie target? I forget.

Jay

teawithsunshine
02-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Hi JayEll--

That is my intake generally, but because I work in a dry environment & have been steadily increasing my hiking time or speed lately, I've gone for an extra cup or 2 during or after my exercise (I drink more plain herbal tea or water in the morning/mid afternoon before exercising, FYI).

My general caloric intake is 1,200-1,300 calories. But I know just like exercise, you should mix up your caloric intake so ur body has to "keep guessing." So I try to mix up both exercises & caloric intake a couple times a week.

I don't really buy any processed foods anymore: just frozen or fresh. I basically don't eat starchy carbs food anymore (think of bread, cakes, etc) and I cut out sugar. I generally go for the good food groups: veggies, lean meats, fruit, nuts, olives, egg(whites), etc. Kinda a Mediterranean diet I suppose you will, without flour (it's helped keep me away from temptations... so I"m like to each her own ;)).

~ tea

JayEll
02-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Well, I'd give it another week. I know it's frustrating, :mad: but if you are doing everything right, then it might just be that you need to be patient! :dunno:

Jay

Heather
02-02-2009, 09:29 PM
It IS frustrating, but I think we tend to put too much "weight" on the numbers on the scale. You might have lost "fat" but it's being masked by a little water weight, a little muscle -- who knows! Remember, the scale is the :devil: It wants you to quit and it gives us these misleading numbers!

But if you're doing everything right you WILL vanquish the demon! :D

alyandbra3
02-02-2009, 09:30 PM
If you are replacing fat with muscle, you may not see results on the scale. Remember.....muscle weighs more than fat.

Maybe take your measurements and compare week to week.

Lori Bell
02-02-2009, 09:42 PM
You have lost over 100 pounds in a relatively short amount of time. Sometimes our bodies just need a break. I totally agree with alyandbra3. Take your measurements. I've had several no-loss, slow-low, and even slight-gain weeks, and every time, without fail, those weeks the tape measure moved.

teawithsunshine
02-03-2009, 01:09 AM
Hey guys, thanks!

well, I still went and did a sweaty workout after posting my disappointment!

Felt like a million bucks afterwards, and then decided to still reward myself by getting Madonna's cd (50% off at my grocery store!!) "Ray of Light" as a reward for doing a great job working out this past week even if I didn't get the results I wanted in terms of pounds lost on the scale :)

I figure, just because I didn't see anything immediate, doesn't mean I should cancel out my efforts this past week and be grumpy for the rest of the day!