02-02-2009, 09:16 AM
1. 1 egg, eggwhites, oatmeal w/raisins
2. PP and 3 small oranges
3. chili and cabbage

What I know so far...

:coach: NEXT ...............

midwife
02-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Oh, yeah! New week! Stocked kitchen. Let's do this thing!

kashi cereal with strawberries and small amt skim milk, 2 egg whites (hardboiled eggs)
greek yogurt, strawberries, pecans
turkey sandwich with avocado, pear
greek yogurt again! some fruit
salmon, veggies
1 hr weight lifting
protein shake

4rabbit
02-02-2009, 01:31 PM
day 9:
m1: yoghurt, pp, yeast, bran
m2: half cheese sandwich
m3: half cheese sandwich, cup of soup
m4: grrrr...much to late! 1/2 cup cc + cherries
unplanned, extremely hungry: 2 hands of chips, seving of broccoli with cheese
m5: rice, pork, broccoli wt cheese, 1/2 big salad
m6: rest of salad (?)

planned for tomorrow:
m1: yoghurt etc
m2: half sandwich
m3: half sandwich + soup
m4: cc wt cherries+ pp
m5: ?

next time I'll be prepared. I'm going to restock my purse with musli bars.

Have a great day all,
Rabbit

Lydia227
02-02-2009, 07:19 PM
Wow. Where did the day go?

M1 Whole wheat toast (preworkout)
30 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical
40 minutes of legs
15 minutes of stretching/yoga
M2 Protein Oatmeal
M3 4 egg whites, Kraft FF cheese, 3 Strawberries, 2 apple slices, whole wheat bread, spinach
M4 Cottage Cheese, FF Plain Yogurt, Toasted Almond slices, Blueberries
M5 Parmesan Chicken with 1/2 pasta, green salad, orange slices
M6 Peanut butter dip: 1/2 c FF cottage cheese, 2 tbsp dried peanut butter, splenda, cinnamon, vanilla, 1/2 small apple slices

Ilene
02-03-2009, 12:24 AM
1. 1 egg, eggwhites, oatmeal w/raisins
2. PP and 3 small oranges
3. chili and cabbage

4. sliver of cheese pizza (NOT good) I was preparing it for DD and I has a piece
5. meatless chicken, stir fry veggies with 1/2c wild rice, sliver of sugar free apple pie (NOT BFL for sure)
-- leg workout :strong:
6. 1/4c CC 1/4c yogurt 1 tbsp bran buds

Confession time, I wasn't going to mention my bad choices, specially after seeing everyone's stellar day, but I feel so guilty that I will do better tomorrow...

I hope the scale gods are good to me tomorrow morning :goodscale:

G'nite girls :yawn:

Lydia227
02-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Ilene: :hug: I'm having one of those I've just eaten and still hungry moments today too. I'm just taking this hour by hour. :rolleyes: Currently I'm grateful that I don't have anything in the house that could cause me to seriously mess up. ~sigh~

M1 WW Toast

20 minute Run
15 minute speed walk on steep incline on the treadmill
40 minutes of upper body lifting
20 minutes of core/stretching

M2 4 eggwhites, Kraft FF cheese, ww bread, spinach, tomatoes
M3 1C 1% Milk, Protein powder
M4 4 hardboiled egg whites filled with homemade hummus
M5 Minestrone soup with 4 oz of shredded chicken breast, green salad
M6 Peanut butter dip with apple slices, if needed

Goal: 16 oz of water before each meal and another 8 oz during. End the meals with tea or coffee.

midwife
02-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Planned food for today (via iPhone)

Kashi cereal skim milk egg whites
Greek yogurt/cc mixed with strawberries
Lean hamburger ww English muffin veggies
Egg whites bell peppers guac or laughing cow
Interval running
Salmon veggies

Ilene
02-03-2009, 02:15 PM
So far:

1. oatmeal and eggwhites
2. yogurt w/ bran and flax and PP
3. oatmeal with PP -- pre workout
1:30pm -- run probably 5-6K , it's freezing out with a windchill, just the thought is making me shiver, but I'm meeting with a girl so I can't back out...
4. orange and cottage cheese
5. chili and wild rice
UBWO
6. not sure yet...

Today, so far, is not one of those ravenous days....

WaterRat
02-03-2009, 03:47 PM
Today:
B - oatmeal with flax seed, walnuts, blueberries, milk; ww toast; :coffee:
s - fruit; cheese
L - frozen rice and beans over mixed greens
s - cottage cheese with strawberries
D - salmon, potatoes, veggies

Exercise: NRLW workout; ss cardio

midwife
02-03-2009, 10:11 PM
POP today. Dinner evolved into ground turkey with black beans, lettuce, salsa, and sm amt cheese and roasted zucchini and red bell peppers. :drool:

midwife
02-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Food packed for today:
protein pancakes with blueberries
hardboiled eggs, apple
leftover ground turkey with black beans, salsa, roasted veggies
sliced turkey, laughing cow cheese, pear
dinner? protein & veggies
1 hr weights
protein shake

My quads, hammies, and gluts are majorly sore today, and I am certain I am retaining some water there. Scale today 154.

4rabbit
02-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Hi,

reasonably OP yesterday.
Today:

25 mins interval running on the treadmill
m1: yoghurt with OJ, yeastflakes, bran and pp
m2: -
m3: 1/2 cheese ww sandwich, bowl of soup
m4: 1/2 cheese sandwich
m5: unplanned. 200 cal dessert swiped from DS. Absolutely emotional eating over work stress, DS school stress & DS with knee surgery in hospital tomorrow stress and DD with XH stress.
m6: salad, fish, 2 ww crackers, grilled mushrooms

I see no results on the scale I think, but I feel tons better and even tough I am on BFL lite (so 80% of the plan is still good for me) I am at least making much better fooid choices, more concious food choices and I am exercising again.

Lydia227
02-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Rabbit: :yay: Feeling better about the food choices is a really important aspect of this.

Good luck with DS's knee surgery. That is not a lot of fun. I seem to recall watching a lot of tv the first few days post op. :hug:

M1 WW Toast
35 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical
45 minutes of legs
20 minutes of core/yoga
M2 Protein Oatmeal
M3 4 Eggwhites, FF cheese, 2 strawberrries, 2 tbs homemade hummus/veggies, 1/4 orange, 10 grapes
M4 Cottage Cheese Yogurt and berries
M5 Pork Loin Chops, green salad, fruit
M6 Cottage cheese with applesauce if needed

Ilene
02-04-2009, 06:18 PM
1. oatmeal/eggwhites
2. cc/yogurt/bran/flax/
3. same as #1
4. skipped -- big mistake
5. 2 sl ww bread w/margarine/meatless chicken breast/cabbage/peas/oatmea... see how large this meal was because I missed #4? I was ravenous!
6. yogurt/cc/bran/flax

WaterRat
02-04-2009, 07:54 PM
:hug: Rabbit - hope the surgery goes well, and the stress in your home lessens! Good job on keeping up the exercise anyway.

B - ww toast w/pb&j
S - walnuts and dark chocolate
L - turkey, lf cheese, lettuce, roasted red peppers in lf, lc ww wrap
S - pear, cottage cheese
D - either salmon or pork chop, starch, veggies

Exercise: HIIT cardio

4rabbit
02-05-2009, 05:24 AM
Hi,

Yesterday evening ended in a disastrous shouting match with DS. A lot of tension & stress getting vented. We made up and today we are even more on edge as it is the actual day of the operation. I keep reminding that nothing can or willgo wrong with a healthy 16 yr old boy having a knee operation, but it still scares us of course. Thanks for all the support.

Today:
UBWO, my arms are sore from typing.

m1: yoghurt & stuff
m2: cheese sandwich
m3: yoghurt + pp (pack in my purse) in the hospital
m4: musli bar & banana, pck to the hospital
m5: ????? have to get some in the cafetaria
m6: planned for when I am home with DD again. no idea yet.

Have a great day all,
Rabbit

midwife
02-05-2009, 09:33 AM
I'll be praying for you guys today Rabbit. :hug:

Today: 3.5 mile run at a little under 10 min/mile pace.

Food:
ww english mufffin, 2 eggs, sugar free jam
cc w/blueberries
turkey sandwich, fruit
bell pepper strips, turkey slices
protein shake
protein, veggies

WaterRat
02-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Dinner evolved into ground turkey with black beans, lettuce, salsa, and sm amt cheese and roasted zucchini and red bell peppers

Midwife/Jen - Knowing how some of your meals go, can I assume that this is all mixed together, like a taco salad? Sounds delish, and something I'll make while DH is away. He doesn't like anything that sounds/looks/tastes like Mexican food. :lol: Good thing I have GFs to go out with who do like it.

Ilene - Nice new avatar. I've been thinking I need a new one. That fox is cute, but I've had him awhile.

B - cheerios, walnuts, blueberries, skim milk; 1/2 apple; ww toast; :coffee:
S - ff latte
L - wrap with refried beans, avocado, lettuce, roasted red peppers
S - cottage cheese, strawberries
D - depends. If it snows (forecast for 2-5") I'll have leftovers at home. If not, I'm eating out with the same GFs who like Mexican....

4rabbit
02-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Hi BFLL,

I'm back from the hospital. The surgery went OK and DS will be home tomorrow or saturday.
I stayed POP in the hospital foodwise, but I lapsed when I got home

m3: yoghurt + pp (pack in my purse) in the hospital
m4: banana + half sandwich, pck to the hospital
m5: bowl of fish soup in the hospital cafetaria
m6: big salad with about everything I had in the fridge plus 1 glass of wine

apart from the wine and the stuff on the salad I stuck to the plan OK. It was really really well that I had packed my food to take it with me, or this could have ended much worse. I was in the hospital from 12.15 till 20.00. Tomorrow I'll be there again and I'll pack my food again.

Midwife - thanks for the prayers.

Have a great day all,
Rabbit

midwife
02-05-2009, 05:25 PM
Glad he's fine, rabbit! Glad you made it through ok too.

Yep, Pat, it was all mixed together. DD has commented on the fact I eat most of my meals out of bowls these days. :lol:

WaterRat
02-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Do you cook the turkey alone? With the beans? I love the combo of warm and cold food together in a mix like that. :)

Rabbit - glad to hear all went well. Hope DS does as well as my 80 year old friend who is hmmm, 2.5 weeks post-op from her second knee replacement in a year. They did the worst one first, and she had a lot of rehab. This one is already much easier.

Ilene
02-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Thanks Pat, it's fresh off the press as of this morning...

Rabbit, glad everything went well too ... and I think you did exceptionally well considering the circumstances :bravo:

1. oatmeal, eggwhites
2. cc, yogurt, bran, flax
3. same as one, it's my new favourite meal, supper easy and mindless to prepare
4. apple
5. venison spaghetti sauce, 1/2 c. pasta, bread, shredded cabbage... cabbage is my new fav too, I shredded, nuke it and use it instead of a lot of pasta...

Ilene
02-05-2009, 06:28 PM
midwife, just wanted to add that I also love eating out of bowls with everything mixed like that :hun:

midwife
02-05-2009, 08:44 PM
It's so simple I'm a little embarrassed. I brown my turkey, sometimes with garlic, sometimes not, in a little olive oil, throw in red chile powder or not, open a can of beans (or two) and drain them and add them and heat them through and sometimes I'll add red chile sauce or salsa or green chile sauce or rotel....It's always different.

I assemble my bowls thusly:

veggies
meat/sauce/salsa/bean mixture
a smidge of shredded cheese or avocado or chopped onions
lettuce, chopped tomatoes

Sometimes I'll crumble a tortilla chip or two on the top. :drool: I could eat that every night.

Hmmm, perhaps I will have olives tonight and mix things up a bit!

PS I love the new avatar, Ilene! I would like you instantly on sight if I ever met you. What a wonderful smile!

Ilene
02-06-2009, 12:04 AM
PS I love the new avatar, Ilene! I would like you instantly on sight if I ever met you. What a wonderful smile!
Well, isn't that sweet of you :hug: ....

WaterRat
02-06-2009, 03:04 AM
Ah, Midwife, wonder if DH would go for that! I really will make something like this while he's gone. I often warm up black beans and put them on a plate of lettuce and chopped cabbage, add some tomatoes, avocado, top with lf sour cream and salsa. Mmmm. The warm beans make the sour cream all runny and mixes with the salsa. I have periods where I eat this for lunch every day. The girls at work laugh at me - takes awhile to assemble!

Today's eating was okay, given that it didn't snow, so it ended up 5 of us at dinner at a local Greek/Italian place. I had 1/2 a calzone, and left most of the crust. The inside was yummy. I hadn't had my afternoon snack as I wasn't starving and didn't notice I hadn't eaten it til after 4, so I didn't as dinner was at 5:15 ish. Back on the clean food wagon tomorrow. :) Good night.

midwife
02-06-2009, 09:53 AM
I love black beans and your lunch sounds great!

Is it really Friday already?

Today:
kashi cereal, skim milk, hardboiled egg whites
cottage cheese, blueberries, pecans
leftover ground turkey, broccoli, small baked potato
hardboiled egg, pear, laughing cow
dinner? protein/veggies
1 hr weights
protein shake

scale today 152.5

My goal is not to blow it this weekend. A "free" day will bop me back up to 155 by Monday. If I can white knuckle it through and avoid sodium and desserts, maybe I can start next week at 152.5 and see 150 by the end of the week!

DH and I have a date night Saturday and even good choices at restaurants are fraught with salt and hidden calories. Hmmmmm......I'd rather see 150 on the scale than have dessert or popcorn.....

4rabbit
02-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Hi BFLL,

2nd hospital day for me today and I more or less stuck to the plan. I got to take DS home at 3 pm today and we are all very glad to have him bak. I bought pizza kebab for him and lamb chops wtith fries for DS at a mediterraenean restaurant, but I'm having tortilla pizza myself.

so here is the score:
Itreadmill 25 mins HIIT was sceduled today but I did not do it because I was eager to go to the hospital. Instead I walked in the mall for 1.5 hours to avoid when XH was visiting DS. And, major victory, i did NOT go into a shop for coffee & pie, or for a nice lunch, altough I was very much tempted.

m3: yoghurt, OJ, pp
m4: (home !!!) grilled chesse sandwich, tomato soup
m5: cc with cherries
m6: tortilla pizza: I spread a tortilla with tomatopaste, put ham, garlic, onion, artichocke & grated mozerella on top & bake in the oven for 12 inutes. The result is like a pizza with wafer thin crust, I like it better than regular pizza.
Cheat: 1 glass wine to celebrate.

midwife: I eat out of a bowl a lot too. The meal you describe sounds like something I could eat often. I'm definitely going to try that.

I am going to zonk out and veg on the couch. I do not plan a free day for the weekend, but I'll probabely skip the exercise because I'll be DIY and cleaning. I might go for a free meal.

Have a great weekend all, and thanks a lot for the support.
Ilene - thanks for the compiment. I actually did much better these days than i thought. The fact that I planned and had prepared my food somehow made an enormous difference.

Rabbit

WaterRat
02-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Glad to hear that DS is home and doing well Rabbit. Your avoidance of XH is much like what my mother did when my Dad would visit me and my sister after they were divorced. She could not stand even to see him. It did get better and they were both at both our weddings, and behaved like rational adults. :)

Ate out last night with 4 GFs before our quilt guild monthly meeting. I ordered a calzone, filled with veggies, marinara sauce and some cheese. I immediately cut it in half and boxed that half. I enjoyed the company and mostly at the insides of the remaining half. I think I did fine all in all. I hadn't eaten my afternoon snack because I didn't even think about it til after 4, and then it was too close to dinner. Beverage of the evening was water! The waitress there knows us, and just brings a pitcher of water automatically!

I'm having my free meal tomorrow night as DH and I are going out for our anniversary (which was 1/22) before I take him to the airport for a 1 am flight. We haven't decided where to go, though Japanese is leading the list right now. After dinner we'll go to a movie, or maybe square dancing. Aren't we exciting? :lol: I'm a little worried about staying on track while he's gone. Even though he never says anything if I stray, I sort of feel like there's someone to keep me accountable when he's home - kwim? I'm planning to do my planning as usual on Sunday.

Today:
B - cheerios with blueberries, walnuts, skim milk; ww toast; :coffee:
S - apple, cheese
L - other half of calzone - insides with jsut a taste of crust - salad
S - cottage cheese and strawberries
D - leftover salmon in some form, veggies, starch...

Ex: active rest, i.e. square dancing

Ilene
02-06-2009, 05:49 PM
eggwhites, oatmeal
cc yogurt flax bran
spaghetti and sauce
protein oatmeal
run
not sure yet

Ilene
02-06-2009, 10:16 PM
eggwhites, oatmeal
cc yogurt flax bran
spaghetti and sauce
protein oatmeal
run
not sure yet

Meal 5 was wine , water and pita crackers :shrug: what can I say it's friday night :cheers:

midwife
02-07-2009, 11:27 AM
:lol: Ilene! Wine is good for us anyway, right?

Well, I am so proud of myself. DH and the kids ordered pizza last night and I went to pick it up after an hour at the gym. I was really hungry so I ordered a salad with chicken breast, tomatoes, blue cheese and pecans. It was very yummy. I skipped the pizza, had a protein shake and this am the scale says 152. My goal is to not have a "free" day this weekend. I'll have yummy things that might be a little expensive or complicated to make during the week, but they will be on plan!

Today:

protein pancakes with blueberries
cottage cheese with blueberries and pecans
eggs, small potato, cheese, red chile (+ spinach maybe?)
I need to go to the store so pm snack will be based on that.

Dinner will be out with DH. I'll look for something on plan---sushi (would be lovely!), but a grilled protein and steamed veggies or a salad.

Exercise will be a run. Either 4 miles at a tempo pace or something shorter with sprint intervals.

Have a great day BFLLs!

Ilene
02-07-2009, 12:51 PM
:lol: Ilene! Wine is good for us anyway, right?

ABSOLUTELY!! :yes: .....

Today I have not plan, so I gotta stick with clean stuff :yes: ....

M1 was flax bread toast with peanut butter and coffee in front of the fireplace...M2, I have not idea but I think it'll be my old easy standby of protein oatmeal, super easy and safe...

Last night I went for a 40 minute run it was a perfect night, I rarely if ever run at night, don't know why not but it just rarely happens, anywhooo it was a PERRRfect evening, both my partner and I thought we had had the best run ever, we stopped to walk maybe 3 times for 1 minute and that was it...

Lydia227
02-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Midwife: I'm proud of you too. :hug: Pizza is my weakness. I list about fifteen of my favorite mom and pop places right of the top of my head all within a five minute radius of me. ~sigh~ But if given the choice to slurge, I would choose the Saturday date night too.

Ilene: Wine?! I'm not even going comment. :lol: Your in good company, Pat added dark chocolate to her Meal too. I love your pic by the way. I keep forgetting to tell you that. You do have a beautiful and bright smile. It's still too icy to really run here so thanks for sharing your night run with us. I'll just live vicariously through you for a while. (I do see some people out there hoofing it but I think they are insane.) I'd much rather be safe than slip on the ice and freeze to death.

Okay. Meals:

M1 Protein Oatmeal
Sweating Ashtanga Yoga class
M2 4 egg white omlette, FF cheese, celery sticks/1tbs peanut butter/apple, 1 ww bread (still hungry :rolleyes:)
M3 Cottage cheese, yogurt, berries, nuts
M4 1/2 c ww pasta, sauce, turkey meatballs, huge green salad
M5 Hard boiled egg whites filled with homemade hummus.

Yep, I'm missing a meal from earlier this morning. Probably why I'm so hungry. I may need to move meals up an hour to keep from blowing it later today.

sportmom
02-07-2009, 06:54 PM
LOL - just stopping by to let the world know that I actually CRAVED cottage cheese today. Yep, started craving it yesterday and realized I had not eaten any since probably Tuesday. Mixed up a little cc and yogurt today and put that smile back on my face! I guess I needed a little salt. :T

midwife
02-08-2009, 12:37 AM
Craving cottage cheese?? Woohoo! :carrot:

Dinner was a success. We went to a Vietnamese restaurant and clearly I am part-Vietnamese. I ordered a rice noodle bowl and it arrived:

crunchy veggies on the bottom
rice noodles on top
and grilled chicken and shrimp on top of that.

I put a little bit of sauce on it and was in heaven. :drool:

midwife
02-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Well I am thrilled with my choices this weekend! Scale this am 152. :woohoo:

Today:

ww english muffin/egg/canadian bacon/cheddar
cc blueberries pecans
lunch---salad with protein and beans (hopefully!)
protein shake, fruit
dinner--turkey sandwich, bell pepper strips
try for another protein shake before bed

The kitchen is stocked but I haven't had a chance to boil eggs for this next week yet. That will be on my list tomorrow.

Planned rest day, but if it is quiet I'll do some core and stretching.

4rabbit
02-08-2009, 04:00 PM
25 mins run
m1: banana
m2: cc cherries
m3: soup
m4: ham roll, salmon roll, dried tomatoes, artichoke & olives
m5: broccoli quiche ( 2 servings)
m6: glass of berry lemonade

WaterRat
02-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Midwife/Jen - your meals in a bowl always make me smile!

I lost track of most of what I ate yesterday (in my mind that is), but we went out to dinner last night to celebrate: my birthday (1/7), our anniversary (1/22), valentine day, and DH leaving for 16 days - oh wait, that was only MY celebration :rofl: Anyway, we had planned to go a place here where we live that serves Mediterranean type food. We walked in and the specials were great - and then they told us there was a wine tasting and we couldn't eat for close to an hour. So we left and drove to Anchorage. After stopping to see a friend whose DH is in ICU (another long, and too sad, story) we went to a new (to me) place. I ended up with Korean grilled flank steak with a ginger sauce, on the side, with broccoli/cauliflower and 1! asparagus stalk - huh? I love asparagus.... Anyway, there were also mashed potatoes. Boxed up about 1/3 of the meat, 1/2 the potatoes. Also had a glass of red wine, and for dessert, a pear/almond sorbet - heavenly. DH scarfed down his whole dinner, a beer, a piece of sour cream raisin pie, and more than 1/2 of my sorbet! He almost never eats this much, but he had been exercising pretty heavy the last few days. He flew off to Las Vegas, where he gets picked up and taken to Death Valley for a week of hiking (an Elderhostel group). After that he's off to southern Colorado and then Seattle to visit friends. Me, I'm having a laid back Sunday..... :D

B - 2 eggs, ww toast
S - ff latte
L - chili
S - whoops - haven't had one....
D - rest of last night's dinner with veggies

Oh and I bought all kinds of things at the grocery yesterday to make some "bowl meals" for myself this next couple weeks! :lol:

sportmom
02-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Reporting in from free day here, not loving it. Interestingly, chocolate is too sweet and stuff I used to mindlessly consume......blech! Bill Phillips, what have you done to me?????? My idea of a cheat day now is going to be steak and potatoes and not chocolate and icecream. Oh, this is bad. And very sad! :D