Support Groups - McSkinney's Loozing Floozies FEBRUARY #2

gdeann
02-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Hey Floozies! Welcome to our February thread! Lets see if we can get it to as many pages as January was!

gdeann
02-01-2009, 09:49 PM
I hope our two little chickies are enjoying the fun & the sun while the rest of us freeze our pa-tooties off!!! :-)

Busy weekend, cooking, cleaning, playing nurse etc. I am now also preparing for a baby shower and hosting it here at our house of Feb. 14th. I will try to remember to post a link to a cake I'm going to try to make.

Deelite
02-02-2009, 01:05 AM
My creative and busy little one.....do you ever just do nothing?
Thanks fir posting a new thread for us. The other one was pretty long.

i had a marvelous day. I tried a new church, the people were kind and made friends easily. They help the children of the dump and the orphanages with what they collect. The only bill they pay is for rent of the space for sunday am. Next sunday they will be doing an adult baptism in the ocean. How cool.
Well I am into a new juice book so i am going to go and read.
Oh yeah just have to tell you all one more thing, it is a good thing that i am a good girl. When I was walking tonight a lady said hey Darlene and low and behold it was my neighbors sister. So you never know who you are going to meet. Better be good!
On that note good night.

gdeann
02-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm doing end of the month statements & paperwork for the shop too! I am ACTUALLY enjoying this morning~! I had time to finish the baby shower invitations, balance books and print off statements. I was on such a roll, I was able to find time to check-in here! Now, off to take my mommy to the doc for a check-up. This is her general practioner, so he should enjoy seeing her new "bling" (pacemaker)

Dee, I watched a video about the dump children, how moving and disturbing! We are a Nation filled with waste and luxery as people in our World continue to suffer. The adult Baptism sounds like an experience to witness. What is a Juice book???

4myloves
02-03-2009, 10:47 AM
Good morning, Floozies!

ShelleyM
02-04-2009, 07:06 AM
Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been on here much. I have been working late and no time to post everywhere. Unfortunately, this it the board that suffers when I am busy.

Dee-From what you have told me about the people in the Dump, I know how devoted you are to them.

Janice-When is Jake's birthday?

Gayle-I don't know how you do everything. You must never sleep.

I am feeling quite big lately. I am eating too much at night again. I will be taking time for the trainer tonight at the gym.

gdeann
02-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Shelley, I sleep! Usually I am hitting the bed by 9:00-10:00, which is way earlier then I use to! I can't seem to get rested up. This week I was addressing baby invites the same time I was trying to get my statements completed and mailed out. My statements are STILL sitting here ready to be stuffed in envelopes and mailed. Thank goodness I have tonight free! Steve has been out of town most of the last two weeks, so thank goodness I have a MIL willing and able to get Allie picked up from school most days. Everyone have a great day! I'll check in later!

4myloves
02-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Shelley--not Janice, but---Jake's birthday is Saturday. :)

Deelite
02-05-2009, 01:28 AM
Cheryl do you have a party planned for Jake? Wow he is one already, enjoy it and make good memories.

Janice I hope that you are enjoying your trip.

Shelley it makes me laugh when I read your posts because you have me fooled almost everytime. I look at the pic and think that it is me posting.

Gayle I was wondering what you were talking about when you said juice book. lol I meant juicy. Give time to Steve when he is home and make sometime for yourself too. It isn't selfish to make time for yourself.

It is late and I am tired I am off to bed.

ttys

SuzyMc
02-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Hi everyone! Life is hectic here...when isn't it? I think I have mentioned that my MIL has Alzheimer's and is living on her own. There was an incident where she accused the cleaning lady of stealing a couple of weeks ago. Of course the cleaning lady hadn't taken anything, but it caused a huge problem with the cleaning agency and the apartment manager wasn't happy either because the "fight" ended up in her office. The cleaning lady isn't coming back (because my MIL won't let her) and the apartment manager suggested that we may need to find someplace else for MIL to go. Easier said than done. There's no way we can afford a private room for her in a personal care home and I wouldn't even consider putting her in a shared room...she would make a roommates life a living ****. After a meeting with the area agency on aging and another with the apartment manager we have decided that I will go in daily to check on MIL, make sure she takes her meds, changes clothes and I'll do some cleaning too. It's all pretty ironic...she has hated me from day one, and now I'm the only one that she will let do anything for her. I wonder if she had known this, if she would have been nicer to me over the years? :lol: Anyway, between dealing with MIL an hour or two each day, watching the two little ones 2 days a week, picking the two older girls up at school the other three days, and trying to keep up with work...I'm having a hard time keeping up with my websites. I'm hoping that once I settle into this new routine that it will be easier to find time for the computer and such. We have made plans to go to NC next week to see the newest grandbaby. Our oldest son will be checking on MIL while we are away (God bless him) keep your fingers crossed that she behaves while we're gone.

gdeann
02-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Suzy, I would not wish Alzheimer's on any family...how sad. I can chuckle about the things that happen throughout the day, but then I tell Steve how thankful I am to not have a family member suffering from the illness. Words can't comprehend living it. Most at the nursing home, end up progressing from stealing (not, but thinking so) to aggressive behavior. Will you have someone to come in to assist with bathing etc? You shouldn't try doing it all yourself, you will wear yourself down.

4myloves
02-06-2009, 10:29 AM
she has hated me from day one, and now I'm the only one that she will let do anything for her. I wonder if she had known this, if she would have been nicer to me over the years?

My guess is NO.

Deelite
02-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Suzy I am sorry to hear that you have your hands so full. Remember that it is important to take some time for yourself as stress makes one sick. I don't seem to have a problem taking time for myself...lol

have a good day everyone.

SuzyMc
02-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Her Alzheimer's isn't so far advanced that she needs a lot of care...just a little more supervision, so at this point it's not that big of a job and it's easier for me to do than it is for Tim. When it comes time that she needs more skilled care then she will have to go to a home of some sort. Right now we're just trying to buy her a little more time on her own.

Deelite
02-07-2009, 09:10 PM
Aww you are so sweet after how she treated you. Your a good daughter in law.

Gayle how is it to have Steve back home? I hope that you are enjoying it.
Larry comes home tomorrow night. One more sleep in this big empty king bed.

When is our traveler getting home? Is Janice gone one or two weeks?

Hey Shelley how are you doing? Did you enjoy your run this morning?

Cheryl how about that birthday party.....what are you going to do for little Jake?

4myloves
02-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Dee--Jake had a nice little soiree at the house--grandparents only! I really think he enjoyed it.

He took six unaided steps on Saturday morning (his birthday gift to me, I guess, since he hasn't taken any since!). He also sucked drink through a straw for the first time on Sunday. Ahhhh, those little firsts that will be so commonplace someday!

gdeann
02-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Janice, how was the trip?????? I know it rained by your FB page, but did you guys have fun???? Please share with us how everything went.

Happy belated birthday baby Stew! :-)

Off to work I go, then tonight a class at church...

ShelleyM
02-12-2009, 06:17 AM
Happy Belated Birthday to baby Stu!

Suzy-You are such an angel to take care of MIL. I don't think I could treat my evil MIL so nicely.

Dee-How long is Larry in PV?

Deelite
02-13-2009, 11:13 PM
Shelley Larry is here for the long haul, 5 weeks. Yup that is all I got left.
You would be proud of me, everyday I walk about 6 miles plus do a workout tape.
All those beers aren't going to my hips yet been working to hard.

Cheryl how proud you must be of Jake. He is doing really good. I am glad that you got to see him take his first steps.

Gayle did you check the websites for pv for a condo?
How is your mom doing?

Janice so where did ya go? Come and tell us what you thought of your vacation.

Suzy you busy girl, when are you going to see your new little angel?

Jason and Ashley booked to come down march 3rd to march 11th. They should have a fun time. We are looking forward to it.

Time to get going Mexico awaits me.

ShelleyM
02-14-2009, 08:43 AM
Dee-You little devil! I saw your new pic on FB. Enjoy time with Larry and the kids when they come.

Cheryl-Wow on the steps Jake took.

Gayle-I saw you post about Alltel. So sorry!

Hi Suzy and Janice.

Heading to the gym for some spinning.

ShelleyM
02-16-2009, 05:34 AM
Janice-Sorry about the rain in PP. The pictures are beautiful.

coles
02-16-2009, 08:47 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
We went to Peurta Plata, Dominican Republic. It rained a lot and I got sick for one day. It was very noisy because our room was very close to the stage. The food was terrible. We are staying home from now on. We were disappointed, spending all that money and having a terrible week.
Trying to get back on track with my weight loss journey. Going to get back outside walking again this week. One good thing about getting sick and the food being terrible I lost two pounds. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_4_124v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA)
Hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_8_57.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYCA (http://************************************************** *******=ZSzeb097_ZSYYYYYYYYCA&utm_id=7925)

gdeann
02-16-2009, 09:27 AM
I am so sorry Janice, I know how you looked forward to the trip. We never go anywhere either and we are looking at going somewhere in Mexico next year. Did you guys use a travel agent or do your own searching/booking? Just curious if the place had any reviews to take into consideration. PLEASE don't give up! Save the money once again and try another trip. You guys deserve it and hopefully the next place will be a wonderful experience.

Deelite
02-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Janice I am sorry to hear that you had a terrible trip. Dominican is know for the afternoon showers. We have been there three times and loved it. Bit I still have to say I love PV.

Shelley I BAD! lol I actually thought that when I read your post that it was gayle saying that.

Gayle I love your new pic. It looks awesome. Pic PV next year, it rains everywhere so you better get your buns over here.

Time to head off for a new adventure, you never know what the day brings when you are here.

ShelleyM
02-17-2009, 06:16 AM
Gayle-I love your new picture. You look like a little girl.

Janice-Too bad about the trip. You were so looking forward to it.

Dee-You are having way too much fun..

gdeann
02-18-2009, 05:24 PM
Thank goodness I look younger then my age Shelley! One of theses days I know I will wake up with deep wrinkles, etc. In fact, I'm letting my hair go natural! Decided a nice salt & pepper might look ok... I am thinking I may highlight a heavy area right in the front though, so people will think all of it is frosted! LOL!

The board has been slow, huh?

gdeann
02-20-2009, 01:08 PM
Where oh where did all my floozie friends go??????????????/

coles
02-23-2009, 09:31 AM
Where is everyone. Busy I guess. I am tired of winter and cold weather. It seems longer every year. Trying to get back on track with losing weight. Thats about it for me, nothing exciting, just letting you all know I'm still around.

4myloves
02-23-2009, 04:02 PM
Hey everyone!

I was on a work trip last week, so no post-ee for me! I was sick the whole time I was gone, lost my voice for 2 days of it.

Jake was sick while I was gone, too. Luckily, he has THREE Grandmas to take care of him in Mommy's absence! He's doing the full-fledged
"Frankenstein" walk now. He's getting around nicely. I had his 1-year-old baby pictures taken the day before I left for my business trip--poor little thing was sick and hadn't had a nap all morning (had the pics taken at 1:30 p.m.) and he's STILL adorable in the pictures! I'm going to try to buy some wallets of these to give out. They're expensive, though, so no guarantee.

Janice, I'm so sorry your trip wasn't all that. Maybe next year you'll have better luck. You should come to Branson (while I'm there, of course!). Actually, GAYLE, you should come to Branson, too!

Hello Dee, my sunshine Princess.

Shelley, are they keeping you busy at school? Are you still working the extra part-time jobs in addition? I miss you.

Suzy, how are the grandbabies? I swear I'm going to get back over to FFO at some point and catch up with everyone!

gdeann
02-23-2009, 05:36 PM
Cheryl, don't worry about a pic for me. If you can scan it, one like that works just as well. gotta keep updated on our little Stew!

Janice, did you go through a travel agent or make your own arrangements? Just curious, we are looking at taking a trip too and I would hope we have more success then what you guys had. You know, your welcome to Kansas anytime! :-) Pretty boring other then smelling the feedyards and looking across the FLAT land! LOL!

Deelite
02-23-2009, 05:36 PM
Hi guys

Sorry that I have been missing in action, Larry had me tied up for a few days!

I am having a great time.
I am just waiting for my friend to pick me up. We are going to go shopping for school supplies or rice and beans depending on the price. Then we will give it out at the dump. This is funded with the money i collected at home. I am anxious to go.

Larry's boss Michael was fired the monday after Larry got here. Michael also came out to PV a week after us. So now there is a big whole in the department where Larry worked.
they were having a meeting with mitzabishe (SP) in orlando so Larry volunteered to go. The big shots from japan are in. Larry left this morning and will be back wednesday afternoon. He had to fly to chicgo and then orlando. He said that as long as he didn't have to get out where it is cold he didn't mind. So with this work he will aquire lots of brownie points and 4 extra day holidays in the summer.

I don't mind it gives me a break and then I can catch up with my friends here.

Jason and Ashley will be here mar 3. We are all excited to see them.

I think of you gals often.

Suzy how is your mil doing? Did you get to see your new little guy?

Cheryl watch out Jake will be running so fast you won't be able to catch him.

Gayle how is your mom doing? You probably don't have much grey hair I bet it would look nice with a bit of frosting.
We went geo caching here and found 4 of them. There weren't any trade items but we signed the logs. It was pretty cool to have some caches so far from home.

Shelley just think if I would have gone with Larry we could have meet up again. Boy did we have fun.

Well I better get going Mark will be here in a few mexican minutes.

By the way did I tell you I love it here?
I love it here!

Deelite
02-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Gayle get your butt over to Vallarta. You guys would love it. It rains in the carribeans in the winter but very seldom here. My sister had 5 days of rain in cuba.

ShelleyM
02-25-2009, 06:47 AM
Dee-Was Michael the one that came with you and Larry to Orlando? That would have been fantastic, if you had come!!

Sorry I've been MIA again. I've been mainly at FB. There just aren't enough hours in the day.

BTW, I am fat again!! My weight is up to 128, a gain of 4 lbs. It's not muscle, either!

Deelite
02-25-2009, 12:37 PM
Shelley you aren't fat, that is what is in your head and not what we see!
Yes Michael was one of the guys that went to orlando. The other guy Dwight is from NY. He quit because of Michael. A few other guys did too. Larry gets along well with him but lets the issues slide off his back as these other guys wouldn't tolerate it. Larry was shocked at first but he could understand why. There are a few other reasons too.
I wish I could have seen you.
Take care not to run to much with those new shoes. You are not fat. You are georgeous.

4myloves
02-26-2009, 12:18 PM
I am so excited!! My out-of-town Tupperware recruit that I've been putting in extra time with had his first party last night and had $800 in sales!!!!

I still need one recruit to earn royalties, or I would have made $$$$ off of his party, too, but I'm HYPED that he's doing so well! (and, eventually, I'll get that one more recruit!!!--hey, any of you want to sell Tupperware? :lol: )

4myloves
02-26-2009, 12:20 PM
Sorry that I have been missing in action, Larry had me tied up for a few days!

Dee, just noticed this in your post----WHOO-HOO!!!!!----We will DEFINATELY list you under NAUGHTY!!!!! :devil:

coles
02-27-2009, 08:34 AM
LARRY - untie Dee and behave yourselves.

Deelite
02-27-2009, 07:20 PM
K I got the keys for the hand cuffs I am free now!

Just checking to see if I have any froends.
Cheryl congratulations on the recruit.

Now to find those cuffs again. I kinda like that.

ShelleyM
02-28-2009, 06:52 AM
Cheryl-That's awesome for you! I hope the $$ starts rolling in. BTW, I finally got my Homescanner. I have only had it for 2 days. DH forgot to scan his stuff. I think I will go ahead and transmit today or tomorrow, just to let them know I finally have it.

Dee-I know how naughty you are! So Dwight quit too? Does that mean you won't be tied to you know who (can't remember her name-sorry!).