WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for Valentine February

Tina
02-01-2009, 02:40 PM
:val2: Happy February 1st!!
This is the month to BEWARE! There will be chocolates everywhere we look. :lol:
Jeanne is always surrounded by them. This month we'll understand her plight.

If you are new here, please come in and join us. We follow a healthy eating plan and enjoy talking, a lot.

Tina
:val1:

jar1965
02-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Susan!!!! Hi! I WOULD LOVE LOVE LOVE TO BE YOUR "AVON LADY"!!!! You can order from my web site & it will be shipped right to your door. Free shipping on your first order and I believe the s&h is very minimal anyways. If you are interested just go to http://www.youravon.com/jramelli, register and shop! (haha)!! And just to let you know, when you get to the check-out it doesn't show your discounts or sales, but go one more step and then ta da - it appears!

Tammy - ok. I'm gonna try it all over my body too! haha!

Amy - Hello & WELCOME to our wonderful little spot in the world! We love it here and hope you will too!

Hi Tina!!!! Soooooo glad you are feeling better!

The tea party went beautifully! If I knew how, I'd post a picture or two!

GO STEELERS!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!:carrot::carrot:

PS - there will be 2 AVON commericials tonight. One right after the National Athem sung by Jennifer Hudson (our spokesperson) and one later in the night. Maybe the end?!?!?
I might have told you that already in the January thread, if so, sorry!

Have a great superbowl night!!!!! Cheer my team on girls!:carrot:

auntie
02-01-2009, 06:48 PM
I have just settled in for the evening.... meaning I'm planted in the recliner. Pat's on the couch ( just had his pain meds and will be out soon). Got the game on. And I have no plans on doing much of anything.

Jeanne, I saw the Avon commerical. Great you will be my Avon Lady!!!! :carrot: I remember the lady that would come to our house when I was in high school. Mom would buy stuff and I would too.

I went to the gym today. Didn't want to but made myself. I feel so much better now. I bought some Pop Chips. They were yummy!!!!! I'm getting them again and only 100 calories for the whole bag. I was starving.

Tina, thanks for starting us off. Hard to believe it's another month already!!!!

jar1965
02-02-2009, 06:56 AM
:carrot:Woooooosh! What a football game!!!!:

Tammy
02-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Tina, the chocolate is one thing I miss about teaching around Valentine's Day. There were always goodies around. I rarely buy candy to have around the house. Every now and then Bob would bring some home, but that was year round.

Susan, planted in the recliner sounded like a good thing! I didn't do much of anything yesterday, but I was up and at the Y this morning. Leaving soon to go again for yoga.

Jeanne, the game was a good one! And who were you rooting for??????? HA!

When I go to my yoga class, Tim is going to the Y with me. After my class, he plans to show me how to use some of the machines in the cardio room. Hope I'm still able to move after yoga!

jar1965
02-03-2009, 08:37 AM
Morning ladies! Well finally TOM has arrived and I can leave the PMS stuff behind me! haha! Honestly............I was so NOT OP for the last 4 days! I haven't even walked near the scale! I will wait till Thursday to check my weight........but I'll be happy if I stayed the same this week! Ahhhhh!:(

Hope you are having a great week so far! I'm glad Monday is over. Today we get orders in at work and then after work I have an AVON meeting an hour and a half away! So it should go fast - and I'm OFF TOMORROW!!! Woohooo~ Going to get my nails done tomorrow and just resting! haha - like I work so hard! shhhhhh!

Well have a great day and stay warm!

Ladybug2680
02-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Hello ladies. Sorry not not checking in for a long period of time.

Things have a been a bit hectic, but then again that's really nothing new in my busy life. However, I will do a quick update.

I went to the dr's on the 19th to have blood work done. He wanted to check my iron, sugar, and cholesterol. Well needless to say my bad cholesterol is 180 and the normal level is 100. For every point you're over there is a 2% chance of you developing heart disease. So as you can probably figure out I'm a little worried. He has suggested a diet based off the glycemic index and also suggested the South Beach Diet. As of now I don't have to take medicine, but I need to significantly modify my diet and eating habits. I went and bought all the food for the SBC, but have yet to follow through on it. I'm not eating to unhealthy, but I realize changes must be done if I plan on being around to see my kids grow up. I really don't want to die from a disease I could have prevented.

School and everything else is going fine. Teresa's birthday was yesterday and we had her party on Sunday. Mine is Friday and I think Justin is planning on taking me out to dinner and a movie. We'll see what happens.

By the way, I missed you gals.

jar1965
02-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Hi Dori!!!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo nice to see you!!!! We've missed you too! Good Luck with South Beach!:carrot: You can do it!!!!!:carrot: Listen to your doctor and take care!!!

Happy belated birthday to Teresa!!!!

Talk to you soon!

Tammy
02-03-2009, 01:59 PM
Jeanne, I'm with you about hoping to stay the same at weigh in. I feel so totally bloated up today. I've been doing well on the eating, so I'm not sure what's up.

Dori, glad to hear from you! Take care and know that we are here rooting for you to do well on your new eating plan. You can do it! Rah! Rah! Rah! Let's get that cholesterol number down!! Keep us posted on how things are going. Have a Happy Birthday on Friday, and enjoy yourself!

More snow in our forecast. This morning the town finally removed the mountain of snow in our cul-de-sac from the last couple of weeks. I want warm weather and no snow.

Tina
02-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Hi all,
Dori, it's sooooo great to hear from you. Do get yourself on that diet so you will get that cholesteral level down to normal. Your birthday plans sound great. Happy Belated Birthday to Teresa.

Jeanne, I know you enjoyed seeing your Steelers win!

Tammy, more snow! Yuck!!! What happened to Global Warming???

Susan, how is Pat? How are you feeling???

Maureen, how is Canada?

I haven't been posting because I've felt yucky. My stomach was so sore after the "c" and I've been trying to take it easy. Tomorrow I'll call the doctor's nurse and tell her and, hopefully, get my biopsy results.
I have been OP.
:val2:

jar1965
02-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Hi! Just a quick fly by to see how everyone is and say hello!
I think I'm going to pass on my WI tomorrow!!!! Good Luck to everyone else though!

Tammy
02-05-2009, 09:18 AM
Tina, my thoughts exactly on the Global Warming! It is 2 degrees here right now, and it was below zero most of the night.

Did you get to talk to your doctor yesterday? Good thoughts to you!

Tina
02-05-2009, 09:43 AM
Brrrr..... to the cold weather. When it gets below 40 here, I'm freezing. :lol:

Great news here---I called the doctor's nurse and found out No Cancer!!!!! The place was the precancerous type. So, I go back in 5 years for another test.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your support and prayers.

To treat myself, I'm going for a pedicure today. :D

Everyone have a wonderful day and be sure to weigh-in. Tammy has started our February thread.
Please post even if you are "thinking about' weighing. We all need support.

jar1965
02-06-2009, 06:47 AM
:carrot::carrot:YAY TINA!!! woohooo woohooo woohoo!!!!:carrot::carrot:

Tammy
02-06-2009, 10:22 AM
Tina, you have to be so relieved about the diagnosis! How was the pedicure?

I just returned from the Y. Wow! It was a great workout. 60 minutes of that class 3 days a week, 60 minutes of Yoga 1 day a week. You'd think I'd be losing faster. We get measured on the 16th, so maybe I'll show some change there. That would be great.

I have reflexology and a haircut later today. Then nothing!

Tina
02-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Happy Friday!!!!! :carrot:

Maybe it will warm up for all of us. We can hope. :D

Someone explain reflexology. My nephew's wife gave me a spa gift card for Christmas. I was thinking about doing the reflex but am not sure about it.

Y'all have a great day!

Tammy
02-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Tina, my reflexologist works on my feet. She can tell things about my body when she does that. It's kind of like a massage I guess.

Tina
02-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Hi,
Thanks Tammy,
I was wondering if that was it. The lady who gives me my pedicure has begun massaging my feet. She acts like she's massaging certain points on the foot.

Okay, I have a date for my surgery--Tuesday, Feb. 17th. I'll be soooo glad to get it done.

auntie
02-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Hi all,
Sorry for being MIA. I've been sick. I woke up Thursday with a sore throat and just felt lousy. Got to school to find out one was sick with a virus, and one out with strep. By the time I got home, Pat MADE me go to CVS to the minute clinic to be checked for strep. She said just a virus and gave me something for the sore throat. I still have blisters on my throat. I'm finally feeling better today but still not great. Then yesterday, I sent another home sick. I think we've been passing it around.

I take Pat to the dr. on Tuesday. Hopefully he will be released to drive (or do something) He is going nuts.

Tina, Glad you got your surgery set!!! You will be in my prayers.

Tammy, BRRRRRRRR, I wouldn't leave if it was that cold here!!

Jeanne, How are you doing?

Tina
02-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Susan, if you have blisters in the throat, you have strep!!! Those little clinics are good but I don't trust their strep tests. If I were you, I'd get myself to a real doctor on Monday! Please don't wait around and get worse.

I hope Pat gets a really good report.

We are a quiet bunch. :( Maybe they're like me in that I haven't been getting messages that people post. :(

Tammy
02-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Tina, glad to hear that you have the surgery set.

Susan, hope you feel better soon! I'll bet Pat IS going nuts not being able to do things.

Tim had blisters on his throat a couple years ago, he could barely swallow. We ended up taking him to the ER because it was that bad. The doctor said it was a type of herpes! I guess you can get that everywhere. The doctors at college had misdiagnosed him and given him some super strong medicine that the doctor at the ER said no matter how many of those he took, it wasn't going to help what he had. He took him off that immediately. Seems like he prescribed something to gargle with. Ick.

We have had a lazy day here. Catching up on shows we taped, reading, playing with Maurice, and just hanging out. It was even up to 50 today!!!!

Tina
02-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Me again,
Tammy, it sounds like you had a good day. How big is Maurice now? I'll bet he's grown. Poor Tim! Wow, I've never heard of herpes in the throat. Yuck

Susan, how are you doing?

Jeanne, you are very quiet. I hope you aren't feeling bad. Did you have a busy day at work?

Dori, :bday2: yesterday!!!!!

Maureen, you are way too quiet!!! Please post!

Hey, I wish everyone would come sit in the waiting room at the hospital.:hug: I told Larry that he would have to write and tell y'all how I was afterward.

auntie
02-08-2009, 12:05 AM
The stuff they gave me to gargle with is gross. It makes me want to throw up because it is so thick. I called to see if I could add a little water and they said a little was ok.

Pat is having major muscle spasms. Poor baby!!

Tina, Larry can call one of us if that would be easier. Wish we were there!

Tammy, your day sounds perfect. 50 I can handle :)

jar1965
02-08-2009, 07:29 AM
Morning Ladies!
Not too much happening here! I had a terrible week and a half as far as being OP!!! Grrrrrrr! I get so angry with myself! Jessica is still going strong. She gets to the gym 3 or 4 days a week and then on her off days, works out at home. I think she is down about 16#! It really shows too!
Today is suppose to be around 50 - 55 degrees~~~ Whooohooo.....cha' hear that Tammy!!!:carrot:
i think I'll clean the inside of my car out and go for a walk. I'm off, but of course I'm working on LAUNDRY!!!

Tina - Glad you got a surgery date!:hug:
Susan - Poor Pat. My mother in law has had several back surgeries, and I know she has gotten the spasams too!:(
Tammy - Sounds like a nice relaxing day for you!:cool:
Dori - Happy Belated b-day to you!:hug:

Well I'm going to scoot for now. I have to go give myself a swift kick and get in gear!
hugs girls!

Tina
02-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Good afternoon,
Jeanne, tell Jessica that we think she's doing a fabulous job! :broc: :lol: (I love that brocolli.)
Don't worry Jeanne, you'll be back OP this week. That's the good thing about WW. It is not a "diet" - it's just getting us to eat healthy.

I'm proud to say that I've been eating more fruits every day. I usually do good just to get one down. I've been eating at least 3 each day. :carrot:

Susan, I'm so sorry Pat is having those spasms. Larry never had any. Hmmm..
Tammy, how's your weather today? Better, I hope.
Dori, tell us all about your birthday celebration.
Hi, Maureen.

Susan, that's a great idea about Larry calling after my surgery. I'll give him phone numbers so he can find someone at home.

auntie
02-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Hi,
I ran errands today. I had planned on going to the gym but never got there because I was gone so long. That's ok, I probably needed to not go anyways since I still don't feel perfect but almost. Pat's still have the spasms but they told that was normal with this type of surgery since they moved the muscles so much.

Jeanne, Jessica is doing great. Maybe she should be our trainer.

Tammy, did you enjoy the warmer day?

Tina, I have my cell on all the time, even at school. If Larry calls one of us, then we can pass it along. I know he will be a little occupied.

Dori, Happy Birthday!!!!!

I am going to Austin on Thursday for a conference and come back on Saturday. I was hoping Pat would be feeling better. I asked if he wanted me to stay here and he said "No, Go" Of course, I'll worry about him.

Tina
02-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Happy Tuesday!
I still don't know the time of my surgery. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure if it's still going to be next Tuesday! I have not heard from the nurse. So, yesterday after they closed, I called and asked. The receptionist took a long time coming back. She said that the nurse was working on scheduling mine and other surgeries and would call me! Famous last words. :lol:
This is making me tense. :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

How is everyone doing?????

Susan, did Pat go to the doctor? What did he say? How is your throat? You have a good trip on Thursday.
Tammy, what's new with you?
Jeanne, you are way too quiet.
Hi Dori and Maureen. :hug:

jar1965
02-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Hello everyone! Well I'm sorry I haven't been around much! I get in those darn ruts and it takes forever to pull myself out. Urgh! It's almost exhausting. Now I know why my daughters got the drama queen knickname! ;)

AND.........IT IS VALENTINES WEEK AT THE CHOCOLATE STORE!!!! :carrot:Busy!:carrot:Busy!:carrot:Busy!:carrot: Theres no recession when it comes to chocolate~!!! haha! I guess it's considered a "neccessity"!!! haha!

Well, I better scoot, my family is waiting to go for dinner!

hugs to everyone!!!!!

Tammy
02-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Tina, Maurice is just a little over 10 pounds. We don't expect him to get over 15 when he is full grown. Kramer weighed 15 (most of the time!! ) Good for you on the fruit! On the program that I'm doing now, there are so many of each food group to get in each day. I've been doing pretty well for the most part, but if I'm under it is fruit and milk. I agree about having Larry call someone.

Susan, I remember Tim saying that about the gargling stuff. Maybe we can all come and watch out for Pat while you are gone! That poor man!!!!

Jeanne, Jessica is doing great! Don't be too hard on yourself, ok? I can relate about getting into those ruts!! Hang in there!

Today I went to give blood. Iron level was 36, needs to be 38 or higher. I was bummed. The past week I've been eating all the "right" foods, and I've been taking iron supplements. I'm trying again next Monday.

Expecting thunderstorms tonight and then high winds (60 mph) tomorrow into Thursday. Maurice will blow away!

Tomorrow night is weigh in. My weight this morning on my scales here at home was exactly the same as it was last Wednesday morning. I know I'm eating right, sticking to the calorie limits, and working out. I just have to keep on trucking!

auntie
02-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Hi,

Pat's dr. appointment was good. They took the strips off of it and it looks great!!! Swollen but looks good. They said the spasms should ease in the next couple of weeks. He said his arm feels better and the only numbness is in his fingers, so we've made progress. He worked from 7:30 - 2:00 today. I thought pretty good. I dropped him off and picked him up. He has to go to therapy twice before he can drive. He will have to wait until next week for the therapy since I am gone Thursday - Saturday.

Actually I can't wait to go out of town!!! I feel bad for saying that but I'm just glad to be able to get away!

My bloodwork came back and was good. I had to have my thyroid checked so I stay on this dosage and go back in 12 weeks. My throat is better finally!! If I never use that stuff to gargle with again , it will be too soon. :)

Tammy, you are doing great!!! Keep it up!

Jeanne, I think we all get in that rut! I know I do! The world needs chocolate and I'm not even a huge chocolate person. But I like it.

Tina, doctors! Enough said..... I hope you get an early appointment.

Dori and Maureen, what's new with you?

Tina
02-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Hi,
I'm glad Pat got a good report. It's so strange what the body does--spasms and all.
Susan, I'm so glad you're feeling better. Yes, you need to get away for a few days. Enjoy!!!
Jeanne, wow, I'm sure you are busy right now. Don't fret, you'll be back OP in no time.
Tammy, I know Maurice is great company. I can't imagine having a little tiny pet that size. :)

Dori and Maureen, we'd love to hear from you.

Nothing much going on here. I'm hoping the nurse will call this afternoon with my surgery time. She's really "not with it" in my opinion.
We had stormy weather during the night, rain & wind, but it's nice and sunny today.
Being disgusted by that nurse, I splurged and bought a hamburger and had a real Coke for lunch. I guess I can use my flex points for that lunch.

Tammy
02-12-2009, 06:45 AM
Susan, that's great about Pat! I'm sure you'll be seeing improvements each day.

Tina, laughed about the hamburger and real Coke! You sound like me! After my meeting and weigh in last night, I drove through Burger King (hadn't eaten supper yet) and ordered a whopper jr. and a small vanilla shake. BUT even after adding those to my tracker, I was still good on calories for the day. I guess we can splurge on those things sometimes, right?

I was getting ready to post last night and our power went out. I think that was about 9:30. It came back on about 1:30 this morning. Glad that the temps were up or it could've gotten a bit nippy. The winds were terrible, but not quite as bad as what we had in the fall. We were listening to Tim's scanner, and it was just constant with power lines down. I know in this area the winds were up to 75 miles an hour. Glad it wasn't snowing!!

Well ladies, have a great day! I have laundry started, so at least I'm getting something done while I'm on here!

Tina
02-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Hi,
I guess Susan is away now. Good for her!
Tammy, that's super about your loss. :carrot:
Jeanne, I bet you are swamped with work.
Dori and Maureen, we miss y'all posting.

I went for my pre-admission stuff this morning and it took forever. They now have all my blood, plus an EKG and pictures. :lol: I told them that this was worse than having surgery and they agreed.

Chicken and salad for supper tonight. What's everyone else having?
:flow1:

Tammy
02-12-2009, 06:38 PM
I still think we should go hang out with Pat while she's gone!
I'm pretty tickled about the loss, I do have to admit it.
LOL to the preadmission stuff being worse than the surgery. I can imagine!
I met a friend for supper, and I had a salad with grilled chicken on it. Had fat-free ranch dressing. It was yummy.

Tina
02-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Hi,
Happy Friday the 13th. Has anyone done anything wrong today? :lol:
I moved a ladder at Walgreen's so I didn't have to go under it to find the nail polish.
I decided to buy my own polish and buffer instead of paying up to $20 for someone else to do it. (My cuticles are still in good condition from the last manicure last month.) I never get the fingernails done....just toe nails. :)
Anyway, I wanted them beautiful for the surgery.

Tammy, we had the same supper. What are you having tonight. :lol: I haven't decided. It's afternoon, so I'd better get with it.

Dori, how is school?
Jeanne, come up for air.
Maureen, do tell us about the job hunt. Are you taking French lessons yet?

Tammy
02-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Nothing wrong here on Friday the 13th! I have never had my nails done (hand or feet). I just finished a hamburger with a salad for supper. It was pretty tasty!

Tim is at Lauren's house for the weekend.

Hello to all!! Have a great weekend!

Tina
02-13-2009, 11:17 PM
Evening,

Okay, this is getting pretty strange....
Tammy, we had hamburgers, too. :lol: :lol: I didn't have a salad, though.

Everyone take it easy this weekend.
Happy Valentine's Day

auntie
02-15-2009, 11:01 AM
Hi I'm home!!!

It was a great conference! Plus we had fun! We ate at Pappadeux's and Pappasito's because they were next door to the hotel. It was so yummy. Oh, did I mention we had a few drinks too.

Friday night my older sister and her family came up from San Antonio to see me and we went to dinner. It was a quick trip but worth it!!!

I'm tired now, we got back about 7 last night. I dropped my friend off at her house (my student's mom) and my student kept jumping up and down and smiling plus hugging me. I think she was excited to have us both home. It was too cute.

So Tammy and Tina, what's on the menu for today? Ya'll must be on the same menu :)

Tammy, how much did you lose?

Tina, LOL on the pre op stuff. What is the recovery time? When will you be back to new? I know you are going to feel so much better.

Jeanne, did you survive Valentine's day?

Tina
02-15-2009, 02:47 PM
Happy day after, :D
Did everyone OD on Valentine candy? I tried not to eat the whole thing. David gave me a small Russell Stover heart of candy. Larry gave me a box of candy, plus a dozen red roses!

Susan, I'm glad you had such a good time and ate such good stuff. :lol:
you asked about recover time, etc.
It takes 6 weeks for everything to heal up. Until then, I can't lift anything over 15 pounds. I cannot drive for one week. The day after surgery, I'm to walk around some.
I'm so ready to get this done!!!

Tammy, we went to Olive Garden after church. How about you?. ;) :dizzy:

Everyone have a good Sunday.

Tammy
02-15-2009, 05:54 PM
Susan, lol to a few drinks! I was down 3.6 at weigh in on Wednesday, so I was happy. I have to keep reminding myself that I want to lose a pound a week.

Tina, I ended up having a hamburger again last night and again at lunch today. I need to eat beef because of trying to give blood again tomorrow to get the iron count up. also had vegetable soup yesterday. Today I had broccoli and fresh fruit with the hamburger. Not sure what we are having tonight. Tim has been home a couple hours, and we haven't talked food yet.

He did bring me a brownie from one of the restaurants near where Lauren lives. Yummy! Olive Garden really sounds good, but we'd have to drive a ways to get there. There is a new Italian restaurant that opened about 8 miles from here, and it is wonderful! They are closed on Sundays though.

auntie
02-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Yipee!!! Tammy on losing almost 4 pounds.:bravo::cp:

Olive Garden sounds good. I'd like a nice salad. They have the best!

Tina
02-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Well Pooh!
I wrote this l o n g post and it's not here! :(:(:(:(

Tammy, that's great about your loss!

Everyone have a good Monday.

GirlyPink
02-16-2009, 05:48 AM
Hi Everyone,

I just started WW last Monday so tonight is my first weigh in. Very Scary!!! Decided I'd join the forum for a bit of support and a bit of a chat. Nobody else in my family has ever done WW and we are all junk food fiends.

Good job to you all who seem to be doing really well.

Caroline

Just back from my meeting and I lost 6lbs

Tina
02-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Caroline :welcome2: to the group.
Wow, a 6 pound loss is great!
Yes, junk food can really hurt weight loss. It sounds like you are dedicated to lose.
Again, welcome!!!

How is everyone else doing today?

maureen kempster
02-16-2009, 04:00 PM
Hi everyone
Sorry to be MIL-but my computer has been freezing up whenever I came on this site-I'm glad to see everyone is well and surviving the winter-when do you go have your surgery Tina? Tammy you sound like all's well in your neck of the woods-well, I finally got a call from one of the personnel agencies I applied at-I start a month assignment on Wednesday!! I'm so glad-I was getting discouraged and really questioning my move-My sister is getting me out to the gym and insisting that from now on I have to sweat!!!lol
anyway it's good to be back here
take care all and have a great week

maureen

jar1965
02-16-2009, 04:04 PM
Hi great friends!!!!! Wow..........What a busy thread this has been!!! I'm soo glad to see that!

I SURVIVED VALENTINES DAY! I guess! hahah! Depends on how you look at it! I definately didn't eat right the 12th, 13th, & 14th and then I worked the 15th in our Pittsburgh store! I NEED VEGETABLES! (unless all the chocolate covered strawberries I ate, count?!?!?) haha! I'm actually craving veggies!!! I haven't sat down to a meal in 8 days! Urgh!

ANYWAYS.........we are headed out the door within the next 1/2 hour for a 2 day "romantic" getaway! I'll let you know how that goes when I get back! We are going to a jacuzzi/spa retreat a couple of hours away from here for our anniversary (Weds.) and our VALENTINES!

Well, I have tons to talk about but I think Bob is ready to go! Tell me the kids will be fine!!!!:devil: yikes! This makes me nervous!!! haha!

Talk to you In a couple of days! Lots of hugs and OP encouragement! A big welcome out to GirlyPink!!! Wooohoooo, great job on that loss! WOW!:carrot:

Tina
02-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Maureen, it's soooooo good to have you back with us.:hug:
You have been missed. Boo to that computer freezing up.

My surgery is tomorrow morning at 9 a.m.
I wasn't stressed out until today. I've been getting everything done around here, washing clothes, buying groceries, going to see my mother. I had planned on doing nothing today. That didn't work out.
However, Larry says that we're going out tonight for pasta.

Think about me tomorrow morning. Hopefully, I'll be home in my bed by the afternoon......with lots of pain pills. :lol:

Tammy
02-17-2009, 04:30 PM
First, a Tina update! Larry called a short while ago. Surgery went well, a bigger incision had to be made so Tina will be staying in the hospital overnight. I told him to give her a hug but not too tight of a hug!

Caroline, welcome to the thread and WAY TO GO on that 6 pounds!! Keep it up, and keep posting!!

Maureen, great to hear from you. My computer has been freezing up at times too. maybe we're related! Good luck with the 1 month assignment. Let us know how things are going.

Jeanne, hope you are having a great time on your get away!! I'm sure the kids are fine.

Tina, it sounds like you stayed busy yesterday!!

Tammy
02-17-2009, 04:32 PM
Forgot this. Have any of you ever done a spinning class? Oh my word! Our aerobics instructor took us to the spinning room at the Y yesterday since we had a small class for some reason. My behind hurts from that bike seat! It was an excellent workout, I do have to admit. I had to get off and just sit on the floor partway through because I thought I was going to throw up and pass out. Not a good feeling!! If our class is small on Wed. and Fri., we are doing it again. Pray for me!!!

jar1965
02-18-2009, 09:27 AM
Hi Tina! Thinking of you! :hug:

jar1965
02-19-2009, 12:14 PM
Hi again Tina!!! Hope you are feeling ok! Hugs!:hug:

Tina
02-20-2009, 10:41 AM
Hi,
Tina is home and recuperating. The incision was enormous and she is having a lot of pain (using two pain medicines). She hasn't been eating much, and has to sleep on the sofa (because she can't get out of the bed, even with my help). She goes to the doctor on Thursday
Tina says she hopes everyone is ok. Thank you for all the prayers!
Larry

jar1965
02-20-2009, 12:44 PM
thank you larry! She has been on my mind! Continued prayers for a speedy recovery!

maureen kempster
02-20-2009, 06:05 PM
Larry thank you for keeping us all posted-say hi to Tina for me-tell her we're still getting more snow here lol

Tammy
02-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Glad to hear the update from Larry. It was good talking to him on the phone the other day.

On Wed. we did the spinning class stuff again. I didn't make it as long as I did on Monday. I started feeling sick not long after I got on the bike. I've had some sinus stuff going on, so I wonder if I'm getting another ear infection. Anyway, I ended up walking on the treadmill for the rest of that class. Today we didn't do the bikes, we went back to the aerobics room. We did weights, aerobics, exercise balls, and jump ropes. Oh my! We sure have been getting some great workouts.

I told Tim that we need to go to the Y over the weekend so he can give me instructions on the eliptical thing. I tried it once, and apparently I'm not too bright or not too coordinated! What a sight I was!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

jar1965
02-21-2009, 01:17 PM
haha Tammy! I hear ya on those spinning and eliptical things..........jess makes me look like a clown!!! haha!
Good idea having tim show you!

Hi everyone!

auntie
02-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Now ya'll are going to think I'm crazy but I love the ellipitical and the spinning classes. :D However, I learned the ellipitical by just getting on and going like 2-3 minutes at a time. It's hard. I slowly increased my time. Now I go about 30-40 minutes. I use one that the handles don't move because the one where your hands and arms are going is a little too much for me.

The spinning class, I walked in and looked lost. The instructor came over and made all the adjustments on the bike for me and said my goal was to just stay in class that day. So I go at my own pace, if they are standing sometimes I sit. I don't get to that class often and love it. (I think the instructor has a crush on me because he said 'are you still married? Because you know you are my favorite.":o I was a little embarrassed.

Off to do lesson plans!! YUCK!!! I am ready for summer!!!!

jar1965
02-22-2009, 04:47 PM
haha! funny Susan! Jessica LOVES them too!!!!!!
And...........cool...........on the little flirt!:o;)

Tina
02-22-2009, 06:43 PM
Greetings!
Okay, abdominal surgery is the pits!!!
It hurts so bad. I look like I'm pregnant, too. :dizzy::dizzy:
I can't wear anything but my caftan or a house dress.

I just read about the spinning class. Ouch :o

Thanks to everyone for their prayers. I go to the dr. on Thursday. Maybe he'll take out all these staples. :^:

auntie
02-22-2009, 08:21 PM
Thought you'd get a kick out of the flirt.

Tina, You poor thing!!!! I can't even imagine! Hopefully you will some relief when the staples come out. They are uncomfortable. Just lounge around and do nothing. Prayers are being sent your way!!!!

Tina
02-23-2009, 05:14 PM
Hi,
Just checking in here for a moment.

Has anyone ever had Amish bread? Someone brought me some last night. It's soooo good. She didn't include the nuts or raisins, in case they wouldn't be good for me. You could smell the cinnamon a mile away. :)

Everyone stay OP.

Tammy
02-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Tina, I wish I had some of that bread right now!! Yes, I've had it many times. Some of my former students weren't Amish, but they were close. The mothers would bring in the most wonderful treats at Christmas. Yum!! I'm sure that bread helped with the pain today, right?? Not! Hope you are feeling lots better soon!

Susan, we went to the Y today, and Tim was instructing me on the elliptical. I went about 3 or 4 minutes, and then I said I was done. Do you think I should keep giving it a try? It is the kind that the handles don't move. They had one of those, but I knew that if I did that one I would hurt myself or someone else. I did the treadmill, recumbant bike, and most of the machines in the cardio room. I thought I needed to be doing something other than my aerobics classes 3 mornings to use some different muscles.

I love it about the instructor of the spinning class! I want to come and check him out!! lol

I need to go to Wal Mart and stock up on some things. I keep putting it off. We are down to the toilet paper that is on the rolls right now, so I think it is necessary now. Too much info??

maureen kempster
02-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Tina-take care of yourself and like Susan says-just relax and enjoy doing nothing-
Tammy-those elipticals and bikes kill me-my legs(thighs) get so sore-and I hate pain lol-do you think that may be why I need to lose some weight!!!!

auntie
02-24-2009, 09:31 PM
Hi,

Tina, good to see you posting. Take care of yourself!!! Save us some bread it sounds yummy :)

Tammy, keep doing the elliptical, just keep doing the few minutes and in a couple of days increase by another minute or a few extra seconds. That's what I did, and now I can do it. I use one that the handles don't move either. I would end up in the hospital if I did the other. Remember I was the one who fell off the treadmill at the gym :D Do it slowly.

Come on and we will all go to the spin class. Jerry the instructor would LOVE it!!! He saw me the other day and said "where has my favorite girl been?" He probably tells everyone that. But it is flattering.

Maureen, how is your new job? Have you settled in yet?

Jeanne, what's new with you?

Dori, are you surviving school?

I'm so ready for spring break, better yet..... summer!!!!!!!!!

Tammy
02-24-2009, 10:43 PM
Maureen, I'm with you on hating pain! Tim and I were talking yesterday about how I am able to do so much more than I used to do before I was put on the right medicine for the fibromyalgia. He reminded me of days when I couldn't get out of bed or out of a chair without help. Seems so long ago.

Susan, I probably won't be back to the cardio room until Thursday. I didn't make it to the Y at all today. Did things around the house. Tomorrow is my crazy day. I'll be there for class, come home and shower, go back for bible study, come home and rest and then head for my Bible study weight loss class. I'm really enjoying that one. I think I'll take your advice and keep working at the elliptical. And I do think we should all come for the spinning class.

Tina, are you ready for running races yet?

Tina
02-26-2009, 10:37 AM
Morning,

:lol: :lol: :lol: about running races yet!
I go see the surgeon this afternoon. I'm sure he will remove the staples.
I've still got some discomfort but only take 1/2 a pain pill when really necessary. I've got a million questions to ask.
Larry took the day off to take me and to also ask questions.

Jeanne, how are you doing? How was your getaway?
Dori, I imagine school is very busy for you. When is Spring Break?

Susan, I guess your Spring Break is coming up. Is it closer to Easter? How are your parents doing now? And, how is Mr. Pat?

Maureen, please tell us about your job. Brrrr to snow. I hope it's all gone by now.

Tammy, that's a great loss this week. Don't overdo it at the gym.
I know you've been working out so much. Have you been eating differently? I've been trying to eat more fruit. Yuck!

Ladybug2680
02-26-2009, 11:10 AM
Hello ladies. Boy have I missed you all. Things are going well. I'm trying to spend more time with my family therefore I don't get on the computer that much anymore. I rejoined WW's 2/12 and my first weight in last week I lost 6.6 lbs. I was a little surprised to say the least. I'm not looking for much of a loss this week. However, I'm still going to go weigh in and see what the verdict says. Well I must run for now. I have a ton of papers that need to be graded and put into the computer plus several IEPs meetings that I have to get paperwork ready for. Ta ta.

Tammy
02-26-2009, 01:07 PM
Tina, hope you were able to get your questions answered this afternoon. Let us know how it goes.

I have been making better choices on foods. Trying to eat more balanced. The plan that I'm doing allows so many calories a day, and those calories have to be from each food group. I have the most problem getting in the fruits and milk. Shouldn't strawberry ice cream count for both?????

I gave up the yoga class, but I am still doing the aerobics class 3 mornings a week. I have to do stuff on the other days even if it is just walking (which there is nothing wrong with walking!).

Dori, great to hear from you! Way to go on the weight loss!!

My brother and his family are coming over later. He is going to check over my computer to see if it is on its last legs, and then we're having pizza. I really watched what I had for breakfast and lunch so I won't feel so guilty eating it.

Tina
02-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Hi all,
I got a good report from the surgeon. He thought my LONG incision was healing up nicely. They (he & nurse) removed most of the staples. I go back next week to get the rest out.
It takes 6 weeks to recover. I'm to see him again in April.
Boy, I hurt last night, though. :mad::mad::mad:

Would y'all please pray for my mother. Yesterday her blood pressure went very low and they (nursing home) put her to bed with oxygen. My sister went to see her. She was talking up a storm. However, today, all she wants to do is sleep. She's lost a lot of weight.

Tammy, how was the pizza?
Susan, how are all your sick?
Dori, it's sooooo good to hear from you. Congratulations on that loss.
Maureen, tell us all about everything.
Jeanne, you are too quiet. :(

Tina
02-27-2009, 10:26 PM
Where is everyone?????
:)

auntie
03-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Go to the March thread!