100 lb. Club - FEBRUARY NSV's

View Full Version : FEBRUARY NSV's

Sandi
02-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!

lottie63
02-01-2009, 01:15 PM
I am really into corsets. I had a small black one when I weighed between 190-210. I grew out of it, later I bought a bigger oen when I weighed 275 and it was a smidge snug and then...I...grew out of that one too. :( Now mind you a custom corset is not a CHEAP piece of clothing...

So last night I tried on the bigger one (gorgeous black with red cherry blossom chinese brocade) and not only did it fit, but there is only about a 3 inch gap in the back betweenthe laces! ANd that is not even laced tight it's just laced 'Comfortably tight" LOL>

I'm SO excited to be able to wear this again! :D

anmitche
02-01-2009, 08:39 PM
I've only lost about ten pounds, but I didn't realize what a difference that would make. I bought a shirt in November to wear out on my birthday, but it was WAY too tight. Well, I went out last night and wore the shirt. It looked great and I got a few compliments, too!

Then today, I went to JC Penney to return something and decided to look at the clothes. I usually have to shop in the plus sizes, but I picked up a few XL shirts to try on. They fit really well, but I didn't buy any of them because I figure if I keep at it, they will be too big by March.

So, this was a pretty good weekend for me!

lottie63
02-01-2009, 09:42 PM
thats awesome! :D

hautbois
02-01-2009, 10:07 PM
I ate out twice today (friends visiting) and stayed within calorie limits. In the past I wouldn't have bother tracking on a day like today, so this is a big step for me. :D

I love your NSV Lottie. I can't wait until some of my lingerie items fit better. (I'm sure my hubby can't wait either!)

rodeogirl
02-01-2009, 11:20 PM
I can sit at my desk for hours on end without getting sore and/or tired. I used to do so many things lying down, like watching tv, but now I sit up and enjoy it.

cfmama
02-01-2009, 11:33 PM
I can buckle my seat belt in the van without raising the arm... I don't take up the entire width of the seat anymore!!!

rodeogirl
02-01-2009, 11:55 PM
I can buckle my seat belt in the van without raising the arm... I don't take up the entire width of the seat anymore!!!

Woohoo!!

You are going to hit those magical 200's soon, it is going to happen!!

cfmama
02-02-2009, 12:58 AM
dammit I better!!! It's taking soooooo looooooong. lol!!! I just want to see 2-- on the scale INSTEAD of 3--. 299.8 would be good enough for me!

rodeogirl
02-02-2009, 05:44 AM
It's taking so long? Well ok I understand when you're that close but I think you are losing so fast that sometimes I'm jealous! So don't worry it will get here sooner than you think and then you will do an amazing happy dance right on the scale!

TraceyElaine
02-02-2009, 11:49 AM
When I started this journey in Jan I was walking at 4mph for 15-20 min. It is February 2nd and today I walked at 4.8mph for 50min...and I jogged for the last 5 min at 5mph. Wooohhhooo!!!

WarMaiden
02-02-2009, 05:38 PM
Every workday at lunch, I walk for about 40 mins up and down hills. It's a great workout. I've been doing this in my regular business casual clothes, which is not really a problem.

But I've decided that I'd like to change into my workout gear so I can really go all-out and not worry about sweating, so today I brought my VERY FORM-FITTING pants and exercise bra and t-shirt to work and changed into them for my walk. Various people even saw me in these things, and I am not ashamed in the least. In fact, I'm even thinking of getting some shorter pants to wear so my legs can start getting some sun.

Also, every time I look in a mirror these days, I am just stunned by the pretty woman I see looking back at me; she's got lovely hair, radiant skin, shining eyes, and her natural pear-shaped curviness has returned. WOW.

My mom tells me I look great every time I see her. I love my mom :)

Gretchy
02-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Today I changed my mind on dinner twice.

First I wanted something that would have pushed me to my calorie limit - and would have meant I couldn't have a snack tonight and if I ended up caving I'd go over budget - But I opted for the healthier option.

Then because I was so hungry when I got home I was thinking of a larger portion. I decided to drink some water, then think about how hungry I really was - and put some of it back in the fridge. :D

Yay for better choices :)

Nori71
02-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Great job everyone on all these great NSV's!

I checked my resting heart rate a couple morning ago...yep, slept with my HR monitor on...and over the course of a few months it has gone from near 70 to 56!! Gotta love cardio!

BarbPA
02-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Tonight I was working out at the gym with my personal trainer. We were in the stretching/boxing/multi-purpose room doing my ball curl hip up thingys...there was a young man in there that I see all the time hitting the speed bag. My trainer complimented him on how he's getting better at the speed bag. The guy turned to me and said, "Speaking of getting better, you are looking great!"

Be still my heart. ;)

lottie63
02-03-2009, 12:27 AM
Today two people at school noticed that I had lost weight and told me I looked great! :D

cfmama
02-03-2009, 01:14 AM
It's taking so long? Well ok I understand when you're that close but I think you are losing so fast that sometimes I'm jealous! So don't worry it will get here sooner than you think and then you will do an amazing happy dance right on the scale!

I know. I'm just being whiny and dramatic. *sigh* ;)

Nayex
02-03-2009, 01:56 AM
i can climb stairs with my child in my arms..for the first time. without getting winded! *hugs my stair climber*

i also bought a new pair of jeans, one size smaller! wheeeeee!

and i *also* lost another inch on my hips and 2 inches on my waist... AHHHH! this makes me so happy.

congratz to everyone! doesnt success feel great?

lottie63
02-03-2009, 01:57 AM
Nayex good job!

cfmama, it's ok to whine and cry sometimes...just not into a pint of ice cream. ;) hehe!

rodeogirl
02-03-2009, 02:19 AM
I know. I'm just being whiny and dramatic. *sigh* ;)

Ah, it's ok. That's what we're here for!

rodeogirl
02-03-2009, 02:21 AM
Today I fit into a shirt I haven't been able to wear. I don't even remember buying it or getting it as a gift but it was in a pile of clothes and I tried it on a few weeks ago and it was a no go. Today it looked and felt great! WooHoo!

DCHound
02-03-2009, 11:35 AM
My one pair of khaki slacks, size 24, are big and baggy and look awful--and I am so happy to be wearing them today because I wore them a couple times the week before Christmas and they were almost obscenely tight in the legs. That means, my legs are getting smaller!

Erin2tall
02-03-2009, 01:45 PM
I recalculated my BMI this morning, and I am no longer considered "morbidly obese" Although I really hate that term lol. So now I'm just obese, next stop overweight lol.

thistoo
02-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Sunday was my sister's birthday. She's a new mom to two adopted kids (3 and 18 months) and her birthday request was a little child-free 'girl time' at the mall. My sister's always been thin (through hard work; we have the exact same body type), so I have always dreaded clothes shopping with her.

But on this trip, I bought a size 14 skirt from the regular section of the department store, along with a medium shirt, and they looked awesome on me. It felt so good to buy from the regular section, and in a department store, no less.

Plus, both my items were on clearance, and they rang up even less than marked. Score!

Ookpik
02-03-2009, 09:13 PM
I have noticed that, whenever I run into the office at work to answer the phone, I am not out of breath anymore!

Also, I borrowed a car belonging to my "skinny friend". We are around the same height, and for the first time, I didn't have to move the seat back to accomodate my stomach!

Star2Be
02-06-2009, 03:16 AM
I did a bit of sewing last night and took in a pair of my jeans... I'm cheap, heh, so I've been getting through the in-between sizes by fixing a lot of my clothes myself. Anyways, this was a reeeally old pair (used to be either 18s or 20s; I don't remember) that I had actually already taken in once before, but darnit don't ya know they somehow got too big again! ;) Hehe. It felt awesome to see how far I've come... I've sewed the sides of those pants so far that the side pockets have almost disappeared, LOL! Plus it was really cool to be able to wear a pair of pants that fit my body in its current state--my size 12s are starting to feel mighty loose, but I haven't bothered with taking in most of my pants yet because I need the extra room to wear my long-johns under them every day (CURSE this Chicago weather!!). So it was kind of shocking to see what I look like without a bunch of baggy fabric. Especially when I stood in this one mirror in my dorm which is redonkulously slimming, and for a second I actually felt like I looked like a normal person!

I'm gonna wear my newly-sewn jeans tomorrow, cuz I think I'm going to be seeing this guy that I'm developing a huge crush on! Gotta look good... Hehe! :lol:

K, I'm done bragging now! :p

KimL1214
02-06-2009, 09:36 AM
I've moved in another belt notch and actually kept up with my bball girls during all of practice!

Gretchy
02-07-2009, 05:12 PM
I joined a gym! That's big for me - a year commitment of paying the bill every month? Oh you know I'm going to get my money's worth!

LuvMyMr
02-08-2009, 07:36 PM
My mom told me today that I have lost my butt! :D As much as I love it, I don't mind losing it at all! :carrot:

LookingForMeAgain
02-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Yesterday I wore my Tommy jeans that are a size 24. I havent worn them in over 2 years. I was walking in the grocery store just all happy with myself. I havent been happy with myself in a long time!

WarMaiden
02-09-2009, 07:52 PM
Last night in bed, my husband felt of my upper arm / shoulder and was stunned at and impressed by the firmness. I am really building some strength and shape.

And today at work, yet ANOTHER of my female coworkers commented on how good I am looking. That makes 3 or 4 of them in the past 6 months? It's kind of warming to know people notice.

iminhere
02-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Today two people at school noticed that I had lost weight and told me I looked great! :D

well...everytime I scroll thru a thread and see your pic, I think to myself "dang, she's a sexy chick!"

BarbPA
02-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Tonight at the gym I was doing seated dumbell shoulder presses. I was actually looking at myself in the mirror - something that I'm so used to avoiding - and I noticed that my boobs are actually looking defined and sticking out further than my stomach! I'm actually starting to get a waist! :)

Bee20nine
02-09-2009, 10:21 PM
When I stand with my legs shoulder width apart, my thighs dont touch!!! and not even close to touching there is like an inch of space between them! Woot!

cfmama
02-10-2009, 01:34 AM
It's no longer an effort to get up off of the floor. Because I do wee person daycare I am up and down all day. I USED TO crawl to the couch and use it to hoist my self up... now I just get up!!!

Oh and I can sit TAILOR STYLE on my couch!!!! I can't remember the last time I could do that.

activeadventurer
02-10-2009, 09:31 AM
I noticed yesterday that I don't have to stretch the seat belt out as far to get it to buckle.

Sea
02-10-2009, 11:55 AM
I was able to speed up my treadmill from 3 mph to 3.2 for a full half hour. Small victory, but going in the right direction.

Sea
02-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Great work, people!!! It's all worth it!

Sea
02-11-2009, 08:27 AM
Fasting blood glucose today

:dance:98:dance:

Nada
02-11-2009, 10:55 AM
cfmama--I am impressed you can get off the floor--any which way. I don't get down on the floor because I'm terrified of getting stuck and needing help. When I was in college I took a modern dance class and learned a technique for getting up from a cross-legged position with no arms whatsoever. Sigh. never again.

claire fraser
02-11-2009, 12:51 PM
I have a problem with going into the gas station and picking up junk food when I don't have my kids with me, a habit that I have been trying to break.

I got a craving for some oreo cakesters and I had the WW points so I could have eaten them if I wanted to. I went into the gas station, looked at the package (they were like 370 calories or something ridiculous) and I just decided that I really didn't want them and I just put them back on the shelf and left.... my craving was gone. The lady working must have thought I was crazy.

I've never been able to walk away from food like that before... it was such an amazing feeling.

MugCanDoIt
02-11-2009, 02:47 PM
I can see a 'slight' change in my face....only i can see it, but I'll take any change I can get right now. Besides....just like anybody, we have to start somewhere, right?

Star2Be
02-12-2009, 03:28 AM
Interesting story... Not sure if it's a NSV or not, but it felt like one. Well, basically, in the past whenever I've been in any situation where the people around me are discussing weight (or particularly, discussing overweight people), and I'm expected to join in the conversation, I've always felt extremely awkward--like everyone in the room is looking at me and thinking "We're talking about HER right now!" Well, a couple days ago in my Gender Studies class, we were discussing some readings that we had done about women's body images... And I didn't feel weird about it! I felt a tiny twinge of embarrassment when someone brought up "obesity," but all of a sudden I thought, Hey, the people in this class never even knew me when I was obese. They're NOT looking at me right now. Because I'm not obese anymore, and when a person is talking about "obese people," they are no longer talking about ME. It's so hard to wrap my head around that! Heh. This is definitely a benefit of my weight loss that I didn't really see coming, but it felt GREAT. I can't believe that I was able to feel totally comfortable in that kind of situation! In fact, I was all prepared to share my "story" with the class (which would have been HUGE for me to announce something like that to a whole roomful of people!), but there was never really an appropriate time of the discussion to bring it up. Still though, it was so surreal to actually felt like I was blending in with everyone else for once. :^:

evillynn33
02-12-2009, 09:46 AM
I can see my cheek bones again!:flow2:

Rosinante
02-12-2009, 10:31 AM
I can walk 11 minutes down the hill to the supermarket, shop and come back up again without my hips and back killing me! That's in only about 8lbs, who knows how good I'll feel when I do it 10 times more!

Jennelle
02-12-2009, 08:33 PM
Oh and I can sit TAILOR STYLE on my couch!!!! I can't remember the last time I could do that.

I had to google "tailor style" to see what you were talking about. Being a wee-care teacher and all, I'm surprised that you didn't refer to it by the name I've always known it by: criss-cross-applesauce. :lol:

And now for MY NSV....I wore a pair of pants to work today that I haven't been able to wear in at least a year. :)

Ookpik
02-13-2009, 12:23 AM
I am staying at a friend's house for awhile (I normally commute to work). I had to pack two different uniforms for two different jobs for my stay and forgot a pair of black pants. Not wanting to go home to retrieve a pair, I just went to a used-clothing store and bought a "new" pair for $1.75 (cheaper than the gas I would have burned driving home). The only black pair I could find (they have to be black) that weren't too small, were a size 18. They were really big, and I had to use my work belt to keep them up. I showed my friend, who pointed out that, two years ago, I would have loved to have been able to fit into them. She was right.

JML
02-13-2009, 01:55 PM
I'm definitely not where I was when I lost my weight before, but I've made some positive changes, and kept them up for 5 days. I'll claim that as my non scale victory. I've cut way back on desserts - just a taste now, and am not going back to seconds on meals. I've almost eliminated snacking in the evening. I've got more bad habits to tackle, but for now I'm happy with progress on these. It's going to take a while to get my head and habits to the right place to make my goals.

LisaF
02-16-2009, 11:19 AM
When did this bracelet last fit? When I was 14, 15? I don't know, but I'm wearing it today and it looks awesome!

activeadventurer
02-17-2009, 09:22 AM
I guess I am getting used to eating less. The last 3 times I have gone out to dinner I have eaten only half or less of my meal and taken the rest home for a subsequent meal or two. This wasn't forced or didn't require a lot of thought. It just came naturally. WHOOPEEE!!!

Nada
02-17-2009, 11:37 AM
I got my first "didn't recognise you from across the room" comment a couple of days ago.

pick7499
02-17-2009, 01:53 PM
I'm down another belt hole! And one pair of pants is just WAY TOO BIG! YAY!

Erin2tall
02-17-2009, 03:45 PM
I had a great weekend for NSVs! For the first time since I don't know when I was able to touch my toes at the gym, I've dropped another pant size, 4 inches off my bra size and a shirt size. Wore a new bra and shirt today and everyone commented on how much skinnier I'm looking. Makes this whole weight loss journey so much more fun to have days like that!

WarMaiden
02-17-2009, 03:59 PM
As of this morning's weight, with a BMI of under 35, I am now only "obese" and not "morbidly obese." WOOT.

Ookpik
02-17-2009, 07:46 PM
I think this is an NSV: this evening I was asked to be a motivational speaker for a local weight-loss group! I am going to have to brush up on my speaking skills!

Buttercup
02-17-2009, 08:14 PM
Mine is a small vicotory as I have just lost a few pounds but it is easier to wash dishes and to cook since my belly is not so big! And the low back aches are much better!

MugCanDoIt
02-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Ive noticed my knees feel so much better, as I can climb stairs without them killing me. I THINK I got up off the couch a little easier last night too. Also, I THINK my pants are a smidge looser too. I hope Im not imagining things....I get all excited and constantly think about it, so I hope Im not giving myself false hope!

Star2Be
02-18-2009, 11:44 AM
Ookpik, that is SO cool that you were asked to be a motivational speaker for a weight-loss group! Wow! That's such a big compliment to you... And I can definitely see why they asked you--losing 104 lbs is pretty darn inspirational. ;) Good luck!

zinkemomx2
02-18-2009, 12:17 PM
I tried on a pair of goal pants yesterday morning. When I tried between Tday and Xmas I could only get them to the tops of my thighs. Yesterday I got them all the way up to my waist. I also notice I think I need to take a link or two out of my watch. It is VERY loose.

FB
02-18-2009, 12:20 PM
For the third day in a row someone asked me for help/advice at the gym in the weights room. That's amazingly flattering to me. It wasn't long ago at ALL that I felt so out of place and lost. Now I guess I look like I know what I'm doing.

saef
02-18-2009, 01:03 PM
I wore a close-fitting turtleneck yesterday, tucked into my jeans. Well, yes, it was heathered gray, and ribbed, not sheer, smooth white, which I still think would be incredibly difficult to carry off. But it looked ... acceptable. I did not muffin-top sloppily in it.

I think I need to record this moment in a photograph.

Rosinante
02-18-2009, 02:19 PM
got a fair few!

1. I am a priest (minister) and my uniform is a buttoned up black shirt.

for a long time now, I've been ok, wearing a sweater on top.

however, last week I had to call on a family to arrange a funeral. a fuzzy blue sweater would not have been respectful.
I discovered that not only did my totally non-fitting jacket now fit edge to edge yay! but I could sit down in my shirt without it bulging open. woohoo!

2. related. I was ceremonially installed in my new job on jan 15th. when I went to put on my cassock (the full length, fully buttoned black thing), it would not even meet! I blamed it on the washing machine, and laughed, so that people knew I didn't really think it had shrunk (tho I secretly believed it had). Fortunately, there's a long white robe that goes over the black, so the gaps were hidden. Today it buttons! ok, still not well, and still glad of the over robe but definitely better.

3. The 22 minute round trip to the city supermarket still takes 22 minutes but my hips don't die around 3 minutes in!

woohoo for nsv's!

And congratulations all of you!

steph324
02-18-2009, 04:14 PM
I have never been a morning person (or an exercise person!), but every day this week, I have gotten up an hour and a half before I HAVE to so that I can exercise in the morning. Last night I forgot to set my alarm, but woke up right on time this morning and jumped out of bed, actually excited that I would still have time to work out!

Amazing how much extra energy it gives me throughout the day. I've been able to cut out my morning coffee because by the time I get to work, I'm already wide awake and ready to go!

Ookpik
02-18-2009, 10:25 PM
Thanks Meredith! I am a little nervous b/c I haven't spoken publicly for some time, but I hope with a lot of practice I'll do okay.

Star2Be
02-18-2009, 11:15 PM
^ I'm sure you will be fine. Even if your speech isn't 100% perfect, as long as you come across earnest and friendly, they'll just be psyched to be able to hear your story. :)

My NSV for the day is related to resisting temptation!! Which feels GREAT, cuz I definitely haven't had particularly spectacular willpower lately--haven't been eating total junk, of course (ha!), but I've been allowing myself the odd taste of things, figuring that a little bit won't hurt... That's something that I never used to do, and it's a habit that I'm eager to break! ;) Anyways, I faced a big challenge today at work when I walked in and saw that someone had brought in a big box of Dunkin Donuts (cue dramatic music, *dun dun DUNN*). For maybe a split second, I thought, Maaan, I haven't had a donut in FOREVER (seriously, I haven't) and I reeeally want one! *whine* But I quickly snapped out of it and thought, "JUST SAY NO." SO, I am proud to say that I did not even so much as lift the lid to look at them... I walked right by. It feels awesome to regain a little bit of control. I know it's not much, but every little bit counts, right? :cool:

ETA: The fact that I was able to resist the donuts today also fuels me for an upcoming temptation that I know I'll be facing tomorrow--one of my professors is tacking on 1.5 hours to class because she wants to screen a movie that's related to the topic of that session. That means that we have to come 1.5 hours early (and it's a morning class, blech!), so in order to make up for it, she promised to bring donuts and coffee for us... Oh joy. :rolleyes: It is definitely going to take a LOT of willpower to pass up delicious donuts yet again, especially if she splurges and brings really good flavors... Like boston cream... :drool:... But I will stay strong! I usually snack on a Fiber One chewy bar during that class, and I don't intend to change that tomorrow just because there will be a box of greasy, fatty, disgusting donuts nearby! :club: Hehe!

Ookpik
02-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Good for you for resisting temptation! That is one of my hardest challenges sometimes, because people are always bringing Tim Horton's donuts in to work!

Jennelle
02-20-2009, 08:39 PM
My hubby bought me a tiny box of Russell Stover chocolates (with three chocolates in it) and a large box of pecan turtles for Valentine's day. I ate the smaller box (and counted the WW points!). A few days later, I decided to break into the bigger box. I ate a serving size and they weren't that good. They tasted like they'd been melted and re-chilled, or maybe they were just old. Anyhow, I threw the whole rest of the box in the trash without a second thought! For me, this is HUGE! I have been known to eat stuff that tastes nasty just because I want to eat something.

Go me :)

kiki100
02-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Today is my son's birthday so we took him to Chuck E Cheese's...with yummy smelling pizza all around me I managed to have ONE small piece and 2 trips to an all you can eat salad bar. (And NO cake!!!) Oh AND no cheese or bacon in my salad, just kidney beans, veggies and fat free dressing. I have to say...I'm pretty proud of me right now!

:)

lottie63
02-20-2009, 10:33 PM
a friend who is no longer a friend left some size 22 slacks here and they fit me now! :D

Star2Be
02-21-2009, 03:09 AM
BTW, I did manage to resist those donuts, after all... It was definitely one of THE hardest tests of my willpower ever, cuz maaaan I really wanted one of those donuts. And of course my professor totally went all out and got the really good flavors, just like I predicted. Argh! And we got our midterm papers back that day, and I hadn't gotten a very good grade on mine, so all I wanted to do was cram a donut into my piehole... :( But I didn't do it!! It felt so great to walk out of that class knowing that I had triumphed over those evil donuts, hehe.

Rosinante
02-21-2009, 04:21 AM
Meredith - well done on resisting using food as an emotional response - that's a Huge Victory!

activeadventurer
02-21-2009, 07:17 AM
Hey Meridith Congrats I had an encounter with donuts yesterday that pleasantly surprised me. I went to pick up my fiancee at work and he showed me what remained of the 3 dozen donuts a client had brought in. Even though I was really hungry, had a very stressful day, and they were free (so to speak) I took a good long while to look them over and nothing really appealed to me. So I passed. It surprised me that I didn't go for the impulsive "I am hungry so I will eat anything" school of thought.

lalique
02-21-2009, 09:59 AM
I stayed out of the chocolate chip cookies... hehe.. :)

Lyn2007
02-22-2009, 01:12 AM
I biked when I didn't feel like it, so I would keep the good habit of biking daily.

WarMaiden
02-22-2009, 01:58 AM
Just now, I perched myself on the counter in my kitchen, wrapped my legs and arms around my husband, and let him pick me up off of it. Then he held me there for 20 seconds or so. He's quite strong, but says it wasn't that hard to do--he wasn't straining to keep me held up. It was so fun!

Earlier today as we were doing chores together, I also perched myself on the bathroom counter just to sit and watch him clean the tub for a moment, and I had no fear like I might have before that I'd be too heavy for the counter. THEN I stood up inside the tub, balancing myself on the edge, so that I could clean up near the ceiling. And I wasn't afraid--I felt powerful, graceful, and strong enough to do that.

Rosinante
02-24-2009, 12:07 PM
2 bra-related nsv's - today I put on a bra that was just a bit more lacy and lovely than my usual over-shoulder-boulder-holder (well, it was my day off).
Not only could I fasten the band strap on hooks tighter than last time I tried but both boobs stayed in the lacy cups, even the slightly rampant left one :lol: !

Star2Be
02-24-2009, 11:54 PM
WarMaiden, that's so cool about your husband lifting you! :D I remember the very first time one of my male friends tried to lift me since I had starting losing weight--I was maybe 195 lbs or so, and even though he's a pretty big guy I was terrified that he wouldn't be able to do it, or that he'd just pass out from overexertion! I was like "NOOO, I'm too heavy!! Put me down put me down!!" He seemed to think I was crazy, haha. :)

steph324
02-25-2009, 12:07 AM
I have 2... First of all, I joined a gym today! A friend has volunteered to work as personal trainer as I get back into my more active lifestyle. Today was arms day so I may not be able to pick up a pencil tomorrow, but I still DID IT!

The second happened while I was at the gym. I filled out all of the paperwork and left my drivers license with the sales guy while I went to work out. When I came back and was heading into his office to pay my first month and to pick up my license, I saw him with one of the personal trainers in his office looking at my drivers license and then looking at me. The sales guy then told me "I just wanted to say congratulations, looking at your driver's license I can see you have already put in a ton of work. You're doing great." It was the first time I had looked at my license picture in a very long time and I came home and took a picture of my face so I could compare the two. Major Difference!

baygurl
02-25-2009, 12:10 AM
I put on a pair of jeans today that only 2 weeks ago I had to open the button on them when I sat down because they were too tight and where hurting too much..Today I was able to keep them buttoned..HORRAY!

kiki100
02-25-2009, 08:05 AM
You know how men wear their pants under their bellies so they don't often have to go up in size? Well it was dark in our room and I thought I had grabbed my own jeans but they were his and I put them on!! They fit! I have ALWAYS been SO much bigger around the middle (I carry the majority of my weight in a nice big spare tire around my midsection! Ick!) and they fit...easily!

pick7499
02-25-2009, 10:13 AM
My coworker asked me if I lost weight...he didn't know I joined ww 7 weeks ago! He said my face looked thinner!

DCHound
02-25-2009, 03:02 PM
I had a progress picture taken on Saturday and my dimples are showing more now! When I gained weight in my face they almost disappeared, but the more weight I lose, the more they show. They are pretty cute too.

lottie63
02-25-2009, 03:07 PM
dchound, that sounds so cute! :D

Today I went to this restaurant I used to frequent, and my old regular waiter was there and telling me how great I looked! :D

KimL1214
02-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Ailidh~ :lol::lol::lol:

I've had to dry a bunch of my clothes so they would shrink and fit...

Sandi
02-26-2009, 02:26 PM
*bump*

irishsarah
02-26-2009, 07:41 PM
This is sort of a weird NSV but I made hamburgers for dinner tonight.

Wait, not just hamburgers, but burgers with bacon.

I had one SMALL burger, with NO bacon and it was lovely. I didn't obsess over the bigger burgers or the bacon. Nope. I ate my little burger with a little light mayo and lots of ketchup and it was good.

THAT is a big deal. I mean, there was BACON in front of me. I'll be honest, I had a small bite of one piece, but that was IT. One SMALL bite and I was GOOD. Amazing.

I am pretty darn proud of myself.

Star2Be
02-26-2009, 10:31 PM
^ I don't think that is a "weird" NSV at all! IMO, being able to resist huge temptation like that when it's totally staring you in the face is a MASSIVE victory! You have every right to be VERY proud of yourself. Well done! :cp:

I had kind of a funny NSV today... I had dinner with one of my closest friends, and when I walked up to the table and started taking off my jacket and everything to sit down, she was quiet for a couple seconds and somehow I could just feel her eyes on me, LOL, and I knew she was about to say something about it. (In a good way! This friend has been extremely supportive and complimentary of me throughout the "journey," heh.) But I was shocked at what she actually did say--she was like, "You know what? You are the same size as me now." Just like that, like she was stating a fact! I think of this girl as the perfect model of a healthy person--she eats really well, but also has a totally healthy relationship with food (i.e. she's not afraid of indulgences) and works out regularly... So for her to compare me to her in any way felt like a HUGE compliment to me. And she is a very straightforward person, not the type to give empty lip service, so it was so nice to hear that from her. Of course, I don't exactly agree, LOL--she is much shorter than me, so maybe we look proportionally similar (though I'm not sure if I even believe that), but she is definitely thinner than I am. I know I have some body dysmorphia issues, but I don't think they're quite THAT bad, ha. Even so--it was a great NSV. :)

irishsarah
02-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Star, that is GREAT! You've lost so much it is great that you have a friend like that to remind you of how great you look!

activeadventurer
02-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Great NSV's. I love this thread.

I came home from lunch with a friend today and noticed how my refigerator was littered with to go boxes from various restuarants. Why is that an NSV? Because when I am eatig out (which I do a lot), I am only eating till I am satisfied and bringing the rest home. Leaving food on my plate is a major victory for me

butterflygurl
02-27-2009, 06:34 PM
I went to get my hair done today and my hair dresser commented that it looked like I had lost weight and my pants were about to fall off of me! :)

JennyW
02-28-2009, 10:13 AM
:carrot: Congrats to everyone on their NSVs for the month!!! :carrot:

My NSV for February is the fact that I've jumped back into actively working to take off weight (following South Beach, re-introducing exercise, and joining this board :))

I started late in the month (23 Feb), so I'm hoping to have lots of NSVs to report in March!

WarMaiden
03-01-2009, 05:38 PM
This past month I lost:

0.5 inches off my neck
2 inches off my upper arm
0.5 inches off my chest
1.5 inches off my waist
1.5 inches off my hips
1.75 inches off my thigh

Even though I only lost 6.5 pounds scale-wise.

LuvMyMr
03-01-2009, 06:44 PM
I went shopping today at a very nice thift store and in the plus size section which they had a lot of nice stuff, I couldn't fit any of the skirts! Speaking of skirts, I wore a nice one of mine yesterday. It has a drawstring which I never had to use before. I tied it and the skirt was STILL too big for me! :carrot:

thistoo
03-02-2009, 10:31 AM
I know it's March now, but here's a NSV that happened in February:

I went to the doctor last week for my annual physical/weight loss talk, and when she was poking at my stomach she said, "Wow, your muscles are really tight. I can tell you've been working your abs." There's muscle under all that fat! Hooray!

Nada
03-02-2009, 02:18 PM
This would be a February NSV too. Fitlinxx tracks all your workouts and a couple of days ago I hit 100. That is right at 4 months, so through Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and many dreary days, I averaged 25 workouts a month.

mojolove05
03-02-2009, 02:58 PM
I keep wearing my work pants and I am swimming in them. I don't want to get new ones or have these taken in bc I like the reminder that I am really doing something. I think I should though, bc I am sure I am starting to look a little ridiciulous. haha

daniela
03-03-2009, 11:41 AM
I ran 5.2 miles last night in 1 hour. It's the furthest I've ever ran!!! Six months ago I was out of breath walking up a flight of stairs.