Dieting with Obstacles - Fibromyalgia #181

View Full Version : Fibromyalgia #181

Kate53
02-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Good morning all! Hope this works for the new thread...test test

Kate53
02-01-2009, 10:28 AM
I might not have done this correctly but tried it out. Could someone put this to the proper thread "space"? Also, haven't figured out how to do a "sticky" yet.
So...Good morning all! Very chilly here in Florida this am. Trying to get all my stuff done for the big game tonight, although I honestly am not excited about either the Ravens or the Steelers. I might even just do some computer-"ing" instead!
Eleni, thanks for the update on Joanne. I so hope she gets through this okay.
Victoria, such a pretty dog! I just adore standard poodles. They are so darn smart and playful. Having three must be a handful!
Anne, my doctor seems to think I have some arthritis on top of the FM, so that is what he is targeting with the Celebrex. My lower back and hips are giving me a terrible time and my xrays indicate some degeneration and arthritic areas. What I am hoping for is an all-over feel better with the Celebrex. This cool weather is definitely not helping matters any.
I need to get some kitchen stuff done so I will check back later. Just thought I could help out with this new thread....hopefully I did it okay. Bye for now. Tammy....stay warm!!
Kate

Happy Canuk
02-01-2009, 10:52 AM
Good morning Kate. Thanks for starting the new thread. You can't sticky it yourself, so you have to ask a moderator to do it for you. Meowee is ours. I have sent her a message asking to get it done.

I hope the Celebrex helps you. I take it for arthritis as well. My Dr. told me years ago, that you can OA for 25 years before it actually shows up on an xray and by that time it is way to late, as it has a hold. It sure isn't fun. Enjoy the festivities of the SuperBowl even if you don't watch it. I don't care for it at all, but some people will be glued to the TV.

Need to go to the Dr. about my foot again. It is swollen on the top of my foot and it really hurts just where the toes are connected to the foot. I wonder if I have a fracture there. I think it needs an xray,. Tomorrow is another day. This darn FM and OA have taken up residence once again. The weather went from very cold and dry (when I actually feel great) to nice (42F). We had rain showers on Thursday, for heaven sakes, and it was NOT freezing rain. They had to cancel outdoor hockey games because of rain - in JANUARY! History was made, as NEVER has that happened before. Anyway, with the humidity comes the pain. I hope we go back to colder weather but for the next 10 days, it is hovering around 32F give or take a degree.

Eleni - thank you so much for letting us know about Joanne. My goodness, I hope she gets out of danger soon. Poor gal.

Mima - does Dennis need bypass surgery? Glad he survived that attack. My poor fibro brain can't remember what else I read :lol:

Tammy - hope you get out today, but be sure it is safe.

Well, everybody have a good day.

Kate53
02-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Quick note here ladies...Our moderator "Meowee" must be keeping an eye on things because the new thread was squared away and sticky"ed" before you could say "Boo!". Thanks much for the help and for your reply Candice.
As for the Superbowl, well...it does seem to be a great past time here and marks the start of "visitor" season for me. It seems that as soon as the Superbowl is over, everyone shows up at my house to get away from the cold and snow. The next two months will be a test of patience for me as I cook, clean and do everything in between. I'll need a vacation myself when all is said and done, right??
Talk to everyone soon and enjoy the afternoon ladies. Get well soon, Joanne!

Tammy
02-01-2009, 11:45 PM
We were up in the 40's today, so there is melting going on. It isn't supposed to stay that warm, so hopefully we won't have flooding. Sure felt balmy!

Kate, one of the first meds the doctor tried on me was celebrex for the arthritis and fm. It didn't help me at all, but one of my good friends swears by it. Hope it helps.

Anne, it does sound like an xray of you foot is in order. Hard to believe they had to cancel the hockey games because of rain.

I watched the super bowl with some friends tonight. We talked and laughed more than we watched the game.

I haven't heard anything from Eleni today. Hope all is well with Joanne.

Kate53
02-02-2009, 07:35 AM
Good morning all. A cold front is moving in here tonight with rain and thunderstorms for this afternoon. Suppose to be close to freezing next few mornings...warming up again next weekend. This weather is driving everyone nuts down here! Just hoping the weather holds for all these guests I am expecting. That will keep them all outside on my patio.
Tammy, the only concern I have with the Celebrex is tummy related. I know I can take ibuprofen with no problems and the doc assured me this was basically the same medication but I would only have to take 1 pill a day instead of 6 because it lasts longer. We'll see! It was recommended I take it with food too.
Well, only watched 1/2 the Superbowl last night. Hubby had to get up early for work this morning (3:30 am). I wasn't that impressed with the half time show either. I got a decent nights sleep instead! Need to get my coffee down so I can take the "Queen" for her walk and brush her out. She goes to the vets tomorrow for her yearly...that is expensive! Between her shots, year-long heartworm and flea meds, it can cost close to $300. But she's definitely worth it! Of course, her nocturnal habits make me wonder sometimes....:)
Hope everyone enjoys the day. Will check back later to see if there is an update on Joanne.
Kate

Mima
02-02-2009, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the thread and for clearing up the sticky post. We loved the game last night-we were the party. I wanted Arizona to win because they were the underdog .
Skin doc at 9 and Brad finally conceded that he needed to go to doc for his cough .He will probably drop me off.
We went to eat after church-I had terriaki chicken with pineapple. had the same thing back home. Yummy.
I think Dennis needs a pacemaker. He actually needs a new heart but?????
Going to Olive garden tonight but eating late. Alison has a class.
Bye for now-hope Joanne is ok. Mima

Tammy
02-02-2009, 10:00 PM
Kate, getting a good night's sleep is great!

Mima, the chicken sounds yummy!

NOTE FROM ELENI

All I can really tell you is that she is not worse.They put a pressurized oxygen mask on her which is helping and heart rate seems to have settled down.She should show improvement in next couple of days if we are lucky. I stay with her in the afternoons.She rested very well for me

I had my aerobics class this morning, and then I had yoga this afternoon. I am pooed out! Glad I don't have any classes on Tuesday so I can recuperate. lol

Mima
02-03-2009, 08:46 AM
well-that is good news about Joanne but hope she recovers quickly.
Glad you can get out and about tammy.
Skin doc zapped my nose, something on my face and something on my shoulder. The growth that i went to her for was ok.The thing on my face was making me crazy-I wanted it gone!!!
The Olive Garden was excellent-what a crowd for a Monday night.
I feel congested-hope i am not getting Brad's cold. Doc gave him an antibiotic.
Have fun with your company, Kate. Mima

Kate53
02-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Well, that is great to have Eleni giving Tammy the updates for Joanne. Please do thank her for us, Tammy. We appreciate it. Hopefully Joanne will be back with us soon. Tammy, you seem to have so much energy! I haven't had any ambition to exercise at all lately. I feel like I am stuck in a rut all of a sudden. Between the cold weather (which I am not used to!) and impending company, I feel like going to bed with the big down comforter pulled up over my head. I also need to go back to phase 1 of SB because I didn't lose a single pound last week. I am sure it is because I am indulging in to many carbs, albeit good ones but too many all the same. That yoga dvd I have is a bit too much for me at this point. I am going to have to try the one for plus sized women with alternate positions. Just spent a ton of money on the "Queen" for her yearly vet visit (heartworm meds, flea meds, rabies/distemper shot, etc) so it will have to wait a few weeks. Need to get the spare room put back together in case my first "guest" shows up this weekend. He's driving down from Massachusetts.
Mima, when you say "Zapped", do you mean burned off? Is there another procedure they are using now like laser or something? I have a couple of skin tags I want removed but I do not want to go through cutting them off. Did what you have done need any anesthesia like numbing stuff? I need to get to a dermatologist myself. Right now I am trying to find a chiro that takes my health insurance and is good at adjusting. That will take a miracle I think...
Hope everyone enjoys the day.

Tammy
02-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Mima, I haven't been to Olive Garden for quite a while. Maybe I'll have to check with Tim and see when we can get there. I enjoy their soup and salad lunches, but I also love all the pastas!!

Kate, I will thank Eleni for all of you. I was able to meet Eleni and Joanne last winter when my hubby and I were in Florida. It was a great time.

Some days I do have energy, then others I don't have much. I know starting the bible study the beginning of January is helping me to stay more focused on everything. Tomorrow is another official weigh in, so I hope I can move my butterfly again in the right direction.

I had some skin tags removed several years ago. I don't remember what the doctor used, but he put some liquid on each one, and they gradually fell off over the next few days. I think I need to have it done again because I'm looking pretty "taggy".

Just saw the weather report. More snow. Oh boy! Glad that the town finally removed the mountain of snow in our cul-de-sac. They did that this morning. At least the new snow won't add to that now!

Take care everyone!

Candicej
02-04-2009, 07:46 AM
Toe is feeling better finally....:) but still cannot wear enclosed shoes so my Birk sandels will ahv eto do so not doing to much walking and not out of the hosue unless and appt.

Gotta go read the last thread to check on you gals....been kinda down not being able to get out...been too long of a winter!

Candicej
02-04-2009, 07:56 AM
:getwell: JOANNE :getwell:

Mima
02-04-2009, 08:00 AM
Hi-she froze then-it feels cold and hurts a little-I was told that laser hurts. She cut the spot on my face after she numbed it-that didn't hurt.
That spot is right under my glasses so I don't think it will go away quickly/
Arttoday and I have to leave early to go to the urologist.I keep getting those UTI's .
Tonight starts the mission conference and we get to see our friends from Whisper Mountain in NC.
Brad still can't sleep well because of his cough. He woke me up when he came into the bedroom at 3-didn't fall right back to sleep.I hate when that happens.
No more snow!! My gf is going on a trip in June and they keep adding days to her school year. Right now she is up to the day before she leaves.
Bye for now=glad about your foot candice. Hope Joanne is on the mend.
No company today Kate-enjoy yourself. It
s supposed to be warmer on Friday.Mima

Kate53
02-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Good morning everyone! Brrrr....very cold here today and for the next few days. Suppose to get to mid 20's tonight....Global warming my butt!! Still need to get that guest room put back together. I can't get the Queen off the bed long enough to get the bed skirt back on. She has a huge sheet I keep over the entire bed so her fur doesn't get attached to everything. She is going to be some Po'd when company arrives and her "room" is no longer available! Nothing like a PO'd Great Pyrenees.....:queen:

Tammy, that might have been liguid nitrogen they used for the skin tag. It basically "burn/freezes" it off. That's just what I am hoping for but will have to check before I make the appointment on the method used. Some drs. like to numb it up and slice it off which doesn't appeal to me at all. I have 3 tags to remove...two under my arm and one on my neck. Ugly little things, aren't they??

Mima, didn't they give your hubby some cough syrup for the night time? My doctor usually gives me a codeine based liquid to take at night to quiet the cough and loosen the chest congestion. Codeine also acts as an expectorant. It always makes my cough more "productive" which means I cough less. I hope you can find a way to sleep around that problem....I have a "snore-er" myself.:rollpin:

Candice, hopefully you will be feeling better with spring just around the corner! We'll be turning the clockes to DST the beginning of March...that always makes me feel a little better. I can walk her "royal highness" later at night and it is still light out. When I start feeling a little caged up, I put on some good music, open a bottle of red wine and cook something really tasty.
Not getting much done today. Need to get to the produce stand down the street but it's just too darn cold to get motivated to go outside! Hope everyone enjoys the day....get well soon, Joanne.

Mima
02-05-2009, 07:59 AM
Good morning-got a call from skin dc's office-that little thing she removed is a basal cell carcinoma-sure didn't look like one. I had extensive surgery last time but this time I will just let her remove it. The other procedure leaves saome of your head numv and I don't want that. The price of all those sunburns I had when I was a kid. No factor 30 then. I am very fair.
Hope Joanne continued to improve.
Very funny about the Queen and the guest room. She will not know what to do,
Talked to Auntie-don't know if I told you her blood is almost back to normal. They don't know why it went down or up.
Going to Koh'ls to use my gift cert and also to AC Moore to get paint supplies.And then to the orange store!!!!
I am freezing too-it was warmer in our house back home when it was 1 than 34 here. Different heating systems.
Bye Mima

shrinking me
02-05-2009, 03:46 PM
Hi Every one, its has been a good week so far. I went to ww and I have lost 14.6 lb in just 4 weeks I am thrilled. I was motivated to really try to walk more and I am really paying for it. We have a low pressure coming in and I could be the personal weather man for Fallbrook lol I said a low as I did not dare say storm after all of you posts regarding weather.
I love soup but only if it crunches with crackers so last night I took a Whole wheat tortilla and cut it into small strips and sprayed it with a little canola oil ant broiled it in my toaster oven I used just 1/4 th and crunched my way through a cup and a 1/4 of Chicken tortilla soup 5 points on ww it was great and filling.:dancer:

shrinking me
02-05-2009, 03:56 PM
These are two Maine Coon Kittens I had last year this photo just calms me... Calm is good
Mima I am sorry to hear your having skin problems. I hope every one has a nice day, Victoria

Kate53
02-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Good afternoon ladies! Very, very cold here for Florida! My Lord, I thought my nose had frost bite after walking her highness this morning!
Congratulations, Victoria! :cp: That is a significant weight loss. Good for you. I seem to be slowly creeping my way down but it is slow for me. Even my doctor seemed to want to see more than 4-5 pounds a month. How do you politely tell your doctor to pi** off?? ;) This cold weather does make me want to eat, too!
Mima, sorry to hear about this latest skin problem. I do hope it all comes out okay. Adorable kittens, Victoria! I haven't had cats for awhile now, just dogs. "Jazz Man" was my last kitty and he was all black with green eyes and weighed 20 pounds. I lost him to a main road where I lived and he was 13 y.o. I have never replaced him....
Had hubby home today..:bomb: Why can't men find things to do all by their little lonesome?
I was just checking in to see if there was an update on Joanne. Hopefully she is on the mend. A quick hi to all and I'm off and running.....the new avatar is of my custom Harley I sold last year. Too many idiots on the roads here for me!

Tammy
02-05-2009, 11:48 PM
Note from Eleni

My sister is slightly better.They drained 900cc'c of fluid from around left lung. Hope we can see a real improvement tomorrow. I have gone from staying 3 to 4 hours there to 7 to 8 hours so I am getting very tired. But we do what we have to do. My brother will be here from Arizona tomorrow

Mima, did you get all of your shopping done today? You were busy!

Victoria, you are doing great with WW!! Keep up the good work! Love the picture of the kittens.

Kate, lol to telling the doctor to pi** off! My doctor told me 4-5 is great a month.

Aerobics in the morning, so I need to head to bed. If I don't get enough sleep, I may end up pushing my snooze alarm, and I really need to go to class.

Happy Canuk
02-06-2009, 01:47 AM
Hello.

Tammy - thanks for keeping us posted on Joanne. My goodness, I hope she starts to get better soon. It has been awhile now. That pneumonia stuff sneaks up on people. Another friend of mine was in the hospital for pnuemonia as well, and again, so very ill. She is home now and doing much better. She lives in Wyoming. She didn't even have a cold that she knew of!

Kate - freezing are ya? Well, it has been warm here - up to 42F. Now it is all relevant to where you live. I am just happy I don't live in Australia where it is 115-120F. I would die! WW told me 1 pound a week is what they like, so tell the Doc to take a flying leap!

Victoria - congratulations with that weightloss. Good for you.

Candice - glad the toe is starting to heal. I got an antiinflammatory cream today from the Dr. Much stronger than the one off the shelf. Hope it works on MY toe.

Mima - so do they have to do anything else or is it now gone?? I have to go have a spot removed from my nose - looks like a blackhead but it isn't. Actually, looks like I jabbed myself with a pen. Anyway, Dr says it should come off. Also, have a mole on my shoulder that needs to come off. I never had all this crap before. WHY and WHERE does it come from? And the same with those little skintags. What is UP with them. I have to tell you, I don't like getting older.

Went to the Dr again today about my foot. Sent me for an x-ray. Thinks it is probably arthritis, but it could be a stress facture. I guess I will know soon enough. If it is a facture, then I should know tomorrow. Asked about the xray of my hands and it is arthritis in several of the joints.

BarbaraJean
02-06-2009, 04:55 AM
Hi Ladies. I need your advice. My best friend, who I live with, is questioning whether she has Fibromyalgia.

My friend suffers from depression and about 4 years ago, suffered a break down. She has been homebound since. She has reduced her activity over the time. Doesn't leave the apartment except for appointments and such.

During the Fall, she started suffering from all over body aches, especially in the knees. Dr. put her on a Water Pill for Edema. It's kept some of her swelling down, but still very uncomfortable (She currently weighs 380). We went into the Dr. again because of the pain and her limited mobility. Explaining how she can't sit long...lay down long...and standing is painful after a while. He x-rayed her knee and it showed swelling and mild arthritis. No Thyroid issues either and NON-Diabetic.

He did give her Tramadol for the pain, but on her first day of taking it, she got a Migraine, which she had in the past and stopped taking it.

Not sure what it could be and the Dr. not being very helpful.

Looking for any advice to help her would be greatly appreciated. I feel very helpless.

Mima
02-06-2009, 08:13 AM
I don't know if she has fibro but she certainly needs to be in a doctor's care. A rheumotologist diagnoses fibro but I would guess she has other problems .And the weight doesn't help. She's fortunate to have such a caring friend but she needs help from a professional. Thanks for joining in and prayers for youand she,
Victoria-the slower it comes off, the longer it will stay off. A pound a week is good. That's all I ever lost on WW.
I ate like a fiend when I was home from the cold weather. Gotta get back to walking.
Poor Joanne, what an ordeal.
Got some good shopping done-I had a 25 $ gift cert to Kohl's and I got 2 lap quilts on sale for 10 each from 50. Fleece on one side. And a pair of earrings-pd 5$more. Then I bought 2 paintbushes, 3 tubes of paint, and a palette from ac Moore. Had a 40% coupon for the paint. Then I went to the orange store and bought 8 oranges with a 20% off coupon. That's my kind of shopping.
What I really need is some long underwear. I was warmer back home because I had warmer clothes and the apt heats better than this mobile home.
Yeah for you Tammy doing the exercises! good way to keep warm.
Hope the ointment works Anne. I like those things.
Gotta print Brad a coupon for Harbor Freight, Bye for now Mima
Yes, he has to get some more of that blemish out. Yhey will freeze it and put stitches in.

Tammy
02-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Anne, I am getting very concerned about Joanne. Glad that her brother is coming in from Arizona, maybe that will help her spirits and also give Eleni somewhat of a break. I know she has to be worn out from being at the hospital, but I also know that is where she wants to be. Let us know about the xray.

Barbara Jean, welcome to the thread! Was the doctor that she went to a rheumatologist? I would highly recommend getting an appointment with one if it wasn't. I think there is someplace online where you can go to find one that is "up" on fibromyalgia, but I'm not sure where it is. Sorry. Keep us posted on how things are going.

Mima, I like your kind of shopping! I use silk long underwear. It is lightweight, but it does keep me warm.

Aerobics was really good this morning, and I feel so good since I went.

Have a good weekend!

Kate53
02-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the update, Tammy. This pneumonia sure came on Joanne fast and furious! I only hope she can feel better soon.

Mima, you're my kinda gal!! Love those coupons! I am always looking for a great deal...especially on kitchen items and things for my table like placemats, napkins, decor.
I think my doctor was concerned because his scale read a few pounds heavier than my scale...of course, I weighed myself at 6 am after coffee and before breakfast then went to see him at 2 pm after breakfast AND lunch. One would think he would account for this as he is the one who told me to weigh myself EVERY morning! (BTW, I only weigh myself 1X a week) Kind of makes me want to scream sometimes. And now I need to find a chiropractor in my "network" of insurance. I really love my current chiro but he just doesn't do insurances and I can't afford to pay his fees. I dread the "get-to-know-the-new-patient" routine but I need to get an adjustment and some e-stimulation. Aging gracefully isn't easy, is it?

Candice, I sure hope you don't have any fractures. They take forever to heal in the foot and can be very uncomfortable for a long time...especially because you are most likely changing the muscles you use to walk to "favor" the hurting parts of your foot. That throws your whole body off. Try not to do too much.
Still haven't gotten back to that elliptical...just no enthusiasm for exercise lately. And...my first round of guests will be here Monday. At least it will be warm again by then. We're suppose to be back up into the 70's by Sunday. I sure hope this is it for this darn cold weather!!! Man, am I ever stiff and sore!!

Barbara, I can only tell you that it sounds like your friend/roommate might have some severe depression issues that could be causing some of her other symptoms. If she is truly depressed, there are medications out there that will not only help emotionally but also will address the pain. My girlfriend back home takes Cymbalta for that very reason. I hope you and your friend can find a doctor who will take the time to test her thoroughly and prescribe something for relief. Feel free to ask questions...I'm sure there is a wealth of information from personal experiences here you might relate to.

Hubby requested chili so off to the kitchen!! He left for work at 4 am this morning....Brrrrr... I'll bet it was cold then...
I hope everyone enjoys their day and stays warm!!

Tammy
02-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Note from Eleni

I am happy to say that my sister Joanne was better today. It looks like we may be on an upward swing. I could only stay with her for 5 hours today as I was just too tired. As soon as my brother got there I left and I won't go back until tomorrow afternoon as long as she is still ok.

And in other news, Eleni has a new grandson born today! Mother and baby are fine!!

Kate, I just told my son yesterday that I would like to make a big pot of chili. Just might get it done this weekend.

Mima
02-07-2009, 09:19 AM
So glad to hear about Joanne. Our company is coming in 2 weeks but just for 2 days. It;s really funny because they had Bobby and Suzanne in school.
Tagged along with friends who were aking the missionaries out for dinner. We have been splitting up into men and women's groups -love that. I had salmon.
My son Bob's company is suffering a slowdown but he said he might be sent somewhere else, rather than get laid off. they are worldwide but i don't think it would be too far-Seimen'-they are into everything.
I am concerned about him because he has two mortgages. But no kids so that's good.
Gotta go to the art meeting. It's warmer here today. Mima

Kate53
02-07-2009, 10:10 AM
Good morning all. I am actually taking a day for myself today!! Yippee...off to the "city" to pick up some needed items. I have a thing for linen spray and put the scented stuff mixed with water in my iron so it steams the scent into my sheets and pillowcases. Also need some new sneakers for walking. I break mine down so fast because of my weight and so much outdoor walking. Just a nice peaceful day to myself. Let hubby stay home and deal with any issues today!
So glad Joanne is feeling better and how nice her family rallied for her. Tammy, would you please pass along congratulations to Eleni on the new grandbaby? Thanks.
Chili came out excellent. We had that for dinner last night with some crusty whole grain bread. Very filling.
Mima, my hubby's company had the same issues. They have asphalt plants all over Florida and just went to a skeleton crew on the one in West Palm Beach because there is no work right now in that area. They sent 10+ of the worker/drivers up here to my hubby's location and they are either commuting 180 miles round trip everyday or a few have relocated up to our area. Guess you do what you have got to do to make a paycheck. I just hope the work lasts in our area. Our economy is really taking a beating and I don't think President Obama is going to be able to fix it. We'll just hope for the best.
Off to do my thing. Want to get going early so I can relax this afternoon. Hope everyone has a great day.

Candicej
02-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Banged my head rally hard..OUCH! Then the pooch stepped on my naked toe!

Glad Joanned is doing better:)

Happy....scarey those skin things...I need to get all mine checked, got a funny place on my cheek too.

Kate....I didn't know you could put smelly stuff in your iron..or is it a special one? Smells don't bother you?

Mima..you sure do run alot and have company!

Tam..thanks for the updates on Joanne.

Barb..ya know you can have just pain with depression...and I would be concerned about the weight thing.

Vick...cute kittens.....

Tammy
02-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Update from Eleni

Joanne has taken another turn in wrong direction. The fluid is building up around her lungs again.They will drain it Monday. I don't know why they can't give her something for it.She is back on B-Pak which is a pressurized oxygen mask. Will update later

shrinking me
02-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Eleni I can't imagine what your all going through I hope it turns back around for Joanne.
Thanks for all of the encouraging comments. I am glad my body responded to ww I eat almost all filling foods. I think because I gained 30 lb in just the last 4 months that weight was just waiting to come off. I am now loosing about 1.5 to 2 lb a week. In Jan when I started I bought 2 pairs of jeans/slacks at peny's one size 20 w and a 16 on sale for $20 total. They have shallow pockets and a simple seam on the sides. The plan is to take them in as I loose. Well the 20w was getting loose enough to take in my daughter prompted me to try the 16 and I got into them ...ok I had to lay on the bed lol but I was really thrilled.
FMS Keeps me down a lot I am still having a hard time with my legs. The point system works for me. I have to realize I have to do it for life or it will just come back.
I hope you all have a good day and stay warm.
Victoria

Happy Canuk
02-07-2009, 04:45 PM
Prayers for Joanne. My goodness, the poor lady. Eleni isn't all that well herself, so I hope she paces herself and doesn't end up in the hospital. Congrats on that new baby, please pass on Tammy.

Kate - enjoy your day. It is nice to just go off all by yourself and shop. My hubby is good at going with me, but he really doesn't enjoy shopping, so I just usually get what I need. Sometimes I sneak in something I DON'T nned as well :lol: It is me that has the I guess arthrtis in my feet, not Candice. She has the bad looking toe. I guess it wasn't a facture, which I would have preferred becasue it could heal and be gone. I am stuck with this darn foot stuff.

Candice - hope you didn't do more damage to your toe; and what are you trying to do to yourself, girl!! Go easy.

Mima - you keep busy and that is good.

I am having company this afternoon. My daughter and her family (Ashley) are coming, and some friend from the city are driving down. We will be BQing tonight. It is quite nice out really - about 34F. We BQ quite often in the winter, actually. My son and his family may come tomorrow, depending on how much studying he gets done today.

I am breaking in my glasses gradually. They aren't to bad, but the frame drive me crazy because I see it. My frameless ones we great that way, but it is time for a change.

Hope you all have a good day.

Happy Canuk
02-07-2009, 04:52 PM
Victoria - good for you. Feels good doesnt it. My pants are getting quite lose, so I need to start into another size soon. Just trying to wait for Spring. Sorry you are having that FM pain. It isn't nice, and it makes the legs feel like they are encased in concrete. It takes everything you have to move them. Hope it passes soon.

Candicej
02-08-2009, 07:07 AM
Happy....my doc told meit would be 3 weeks for the cream to kick in...do you apply it 2 or 4 times aday? I only do 2 but should do 4..too much work!

(((((((hugs to Joanne and family))))))..who is taking care of Christie and her DH??????????

Vic...weigh to go girl..you will be a skinny minnie before you know it! My pants are not getting any bigger! MUst be that new washer and dryer!LOL

Mima
02-08-2009, 08:08 AM
Very nice about pants getting smaller. Mine are gettung tighter-I think thyroid med is too low. But then I need to walk and I will today.
Sure hope Joanne gets better soon. And congrats to Eleni, Love those grandbabies.
We watched Patch Adams last night. Lots of tears from me. Great story and it's true/
The missionary is speaking at SS this morning. Wow for your shopping, Kate-hope you got good buys.
Went to the Art meeting-one of the people there started to faint so we called 911.When they came, her bp was 90/44. Hope she's ok-she has a lot of med problems.
Bye for now Mima-hope your foot gets better soon, Candice,

Kate53
02-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Good Lord Tammy! What is going on with Joanne? I wonder why that fluid keeps going around her lungs? I don't even want to know how they drain it....poor Joanne. I sure hope she comes out of this soon.
Candice, the scent is not too strong with the linen spray....just enough to make the sheets smell fresh. And no, smells don't bother me much. I just don't like heavy scents but I do appreciate nice, light fragrances. My iron is just a basic steam iron with a "burst-of-steam" button. I just fill the reservoir with diluted linen spray. Just make sure you empty the chamber when you are finished ironing.
Had a pleasant time shopping by myself yesterday. I definitely needed the time away from the house, dog, and hubby. Got some really cute things for the house on sale. Placemats for the table, silk orchid for a centerpiece, huge vase for the overhead plant shelf (now I have to get it up there!!) and a new duvet cover and shams for the guest bed. Now if I can just get the "Queen" off the bed to finish making it up!! I think our first guest will be here tomorrow. Of course, he may have stopped off at Foxwoods Casino on the way down!! That is a place he loves and goes to every chance he gets. He won $25K just before Christmas on a $5 slot. Some people have all the luck, huh? Hopefully he'll be here within the next two days. His wife is flying in from Boston on Thursday so I know he will be here to pick her up. (Our friend does not fly!) Then, my sister will be here from Cape Cod for two weeks on the 24th. We'll have one more couple here in March for a week but not sure which dates yet. So, looks like Feb. and March will be a bit busy for me! Thank God I am only utilizing one of my extra bedrooms...the other one I turned into my office/exercise room!! Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day. I will probably check back later to see if there is an update on Joanne.

Tammy
02-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Note from Eleni!!

She is going to kick my butt but this was our morning miracle. (Tammy's note - Eleni had attached a picture of Joanne at the hospital.) She looks fabulous compared to even yesterday .My niece sent this to me. Three days ago I was not sure she would make it.She was a little better yesterday.I am going to tell her I know she got better so the charge nurse wouldn't kick my butt or vice versa. I lost my Greek temper yesterday and that is rare.But I had an incident with charge nurse and it wasn't pretty. She tried to push this momma bear (me) over the line.But it will not be an issue as long as Joanne can stay off B-Pak.
Thank you all for everything. I told her yesterday that she had people all over the world praying for her.And I am sure your prayers have been what has allowed me the strength to do what I had to do. As she improves I can start backing off and resting more. Thank you soooooooooooooo much

Victoria, I giggled about laying on the bed to get the pants fastened. I think we have all done that.

Anne, it sounds like you are busy with family this weekend. Enjoy!

Candice, I also wondered about Joanne's dog and hubby.

Mima, I've never seen Patch Adams. Might have to see it sometime.

Kate, I enjoy going shopping by myself sometimes too. I can just wander at my leisure, take breaks when I want, and wander some more.

Had a yummy lunch today. Grilled shrimp, rice, mixed vegetables. Yum! I think I could eat shrimp everyday. Not sure what the rest of the day holds. bible study sometime for sure.

Mima
02-09-2009, 08:42 AM
So glad Joanne is better-Eleni get some rest. tammy, thanks. Patch Adams is a true story and the place he founded exists in West VA and is growing by the minute. You can look it up under Patch Adams .
DIL's grandmother dies -she was 100 and was really ready to go. Jill might be traveling to Ma to go to funeral.
We went to eat at a restaurant next to us-I had a crab cake and shrimp. Buy 1, get one free.
I am going to lunch at the same place to meet my gf for lunch today. BYOB meANS BRING YOUR OWN BREAD.
So many people to pray for-if I look back in my prayer journal, I always see so many answered prayers. It just takes time.
Bye for now-Mima Yummy lunch, Candice and great shopping. Kate

Kate53
02-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Good morning everyone! And a beautiful day it is here in Florida! The weather is getting warmer by the minute....due to go up into the 80's all next week. That should please my GF! Lots to do today. Spent most of the morning trying to track down my original bone density test that was done back in 2001. The office that did it went out of business and I had to find where they sent all the records. After 20 phone calls....I finally found them. They are mailing them to me from up north. Glad I have the "baseline" to compare the new one to.
I am thrilled that Joanne is doing better. I hope Eleni can now get some much needed rest. Tammy, thanks for being the messenger and keeping us all informed on what is going on.
Victoria, congrats on the new fitting pants! I wish my weight loss was a bit faster but I need to be mindful that this is a lifestyle, not a diet. I wash and put aside all the clothes that don't fit now for donations to Salvation Army. Love to see those bags fill up in the corner of my closet!! I just hate to spend the money on new clothes until I lose more weight so I have been just picking up t-shirts and such to try and squeak by with. I'm sure I will eventually need to address the more put-together look soon.
Got lots to do today ladies so I will say adios for now!

Mima
02-10-2009, 07:29 AM
Good morning. Went for a long walk-I would be bonkers if I had lots of company-already planning for our friends 2 day visit. I suppose I would be more conditioned. My son's gf is in WW amd lost 4 lbs.
Our neighbor just came to the door-6:25 am-got scared that something was wrong but he was dropping off a newspaper. They are 85. last thing he told Brad was he probably had something wrong with his kidney-he had a pain under his shoulder. Brad told him that was not where his kidneys are!!!!
Hope Joanne continues to do well. Mima

Kate53
02-10-2009, 10:03 AM
Good morning all. Another fine day it is here! I finally made a hairdressing appointment and I will have a "new do" in a couple of hours! Going back to my natural color...silver gray! I can't stand the high maintenance of having the roots done every 5 weeks so I will do some foil low-lights instead and hopefully that will perk things up a bit. It was bound to happen sooner or later so I might as well get used to the idea of being gray. Hey, "your only as young as you feel", right?? Good Lord, maybe I shouldn't have put it that way in this FM forum!!
Mima, I used to love entertaining and having people around all the time but after the first year here in Florida, I just lost the enjoyment of it. Not sure why but I dread the prospect of having people around me all the time. I'm sure once my GF gets here, I will feel okay and really will enjoy having her here but the anticipation stresses me out. My sister on the other hand....well, I'll let everyone know I guess!
I hope Joanne is still on the mend. I will check back to see if there is an update after my hair appointment. And I did make an appointment with a local Rheumatologist(sp) to go over all my MRIs and symptoms to see if there is something new I should be doing. I hope he can help me get rid of this seemingly endless discomfort! I really would like to get back to exercising and not feel so crumby afterwards.
Hope everyone enjoys the day...

Candicej
02-10-2009, 11:04 AM
Kate..I keep kthe hair is too much maintenance too and it's not good for you but I keep doing it....it looks so drab without color.

Had and appt and then went to Target a heavy bottom to spring form pan fell on my other foot, the one with faciitis..... very painful in the toe joint and ball like Happy's...I have to wear open toe for now untill the other one heals...

Candicej
02-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Mima..what did your neighbor do? Did find out what the pain was?

Tammy..So glad to hear Joanne is better!

Tammy
02-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Mima, crab cake and shrimp sound yummy! Maybe I'll come for a visit. sounds like your neighbor might need to go to the doctor to see what's wrong.

Kate, we're actually about 60 degrees right now. Expecting thunderstorms later tonight (looking out for flooding) and tomorrow expecting high winds. (60 mph)

Candice, I think it is time for steel-toed shoes for you!! I keep coloring my hair too.

Haven't heard any more from Eleni. I'll let you know when I do.

MsEleni
02-10-2009, 11:43 PM
I am very happy to say Joanne was put in a regular room this afternoon.She is still extremely weak but hopefully the worse is behind us.She hasn't even stood up yet.I just wanted to thank you personally for all your prayers.I will continue to send updates until she can join you herself

Candicej
02-11-2009, 07:24 AM
Eleni that is great news!

Tammy..I need a hard hat too...keep bangingmy head on things.

Baked some Carmelita's....very rich looking, can't
wait to try V-day.

Mima
02-11-2009, 07:42 AM
Great news about Joanne!!! PTL
My neighbor knocked on the door at that early hour ,scared me, left the paper and went home. he has a new ache and pain every Day and they are always at the doctor;s.
I FINISHED the taxes, It was only the 10th!!! And painted a while. Went for another walk and now I am getting sore.
I get my hair frosted maybe 3 times a year, I am not very gray yet and I am 70. I guess it would be a pain to get it colored all the time.
Art today-church tonight. And the Gaither's tomorrow night,
Brad is going to go to the Podiatrist today so he can get his toes straightened, If you saw them , you would wonder how he walks.
Bye for now. Mima

Kate53
02-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Good morning all. Eleni, thank you for the good news on Joanne. I hope she is back with us soon!
My hair cut came out great, got it out of my face...but the color is going to be a pain. My hair stylist is only going to use a "demi-permanent" color called "PM Shine", a Paul Mitchell product. It only lasts 4-5 weeks. I have to let what is there grow out and just camoflage the root area. I will eventually have my hair cut short when the roots grow out enough to cut off all the colored section. Then I will have to start growing out the layers all over again. Oh well, at least I will be my natural "silver gray" color. I just keep reminding myself it is a healthier option!!
My company arrives today. He ended up spending 3 days at the casino on his way down. I imagine the Queen is going to pitch a fit tonight when the guest room becomes occupied. This should be interesting.....
Candice, I'll bet you are one of those people who moves around real fast and with a purpose. I tend to do the same thing and am always banging my head or stubbing my toe. We need to be more "mindful"...you know...in the moment. I'll bet you feel like there aren't enough hours in the day, either, right? If we could just add 2-3 more hours to the day, all would be well! I border on anal compulsive with house cleaning.....although I have mellowed a bit over the past few years, I still have to have a clean (spotless) house. Hard to do with the "furry" Miss Queenie around....I'm always vacuuming. And what are Carmelitas? A chewy cookie??
Mima, I would love to have my tax stuff done!! They delayed sending out "final statements" until Feb. 15th. When I get all of them in the mail, I can make an appointment with my tax man. I hate having to keep track of all this stuff....that's why I like to consolidate all my banking and do it online. Hope we get a chunk of money back too. I want to purchase a new mattress. We're going to try out the "Select Comfort" air bed. Anyone out there have one? They rave about it being great for people with back problems. We'll see. Got to get the refund first though.
Off to finish vacuuming. Hubby had to go in to work at 4 am this morning. He's getting burned out driving with all this traffic down here. Too many idiots on the road and he's starting to feel the stress constantly being alert. Hope he gets a two day weekend to relax.
Hope evryone has a great day.

ps. The avatar is a golden pineapple we grew...it was delicious!!

Tammy
02-12-2009, 07:53 AM
Candice, laughed about the hard hat!

Mima, good for you for getting the taxes done. I need to get all my stuff together and take it to the accountant. Need to organize all the medical bills.

Kate, enjoy your company! Is that mattress like the sleep number beds? Bob's niece and her hubby have one. He loves it, and she hates it. Bob and I had talked about checking into one, but he never felt well enough to go anywhere. After he passed away, I bought a Tempur-Pedic. I have had very few back aches since I have been using it. Bob's other niece had one of those, and I decided to give it a try. I was at the store several times and would just lay on one, sometimes for as long as 30-45 minutes. They didn't mind. That's alot of money to spend for something you'll keep a long time. YUM to pineapple!!!

I was down 3.6 at weigh in last night, and I was thrilled! I think this program is working OR I am ready to make the changes.

Mima
02-12-2009, 08:11 AM
My back hurts-definitely allergic to cleaning. I bent over the bathtub yesterday and shower floor the day before. By allergic I mean it gives me pain but the chemicals can also bother me.
Talk about medical-1300 in prescriptions and that was only co-pays=2,000 in doctors and a huge amt in medical insuramce. Hey don't forget the mileage to go to the doc.It's one figure for the first 6 months and a higher one for the last.
Brad went to a crabby foot doc for hammer toes. He was skeptical about the surgery until Brad gets his sugar down. Told him not to eat potatoes. Also recommended they cut the 2 toes off where they bend!!! Pretty gross eh!!!
Infection=wise!!
Enough/ we are going to try and find the Farmer's market and get some vegetables and tonight we are going to the concert. I also got red Sox tickets for mike and I for his bd. they will be playing the Orioles.
Hope Joanne is still better. Yay for you Tammy. Mima

Kate53
02-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Congrats Tammy! I am resigned to the one pound a week loss regardless of what the doc says! At least the scale is moving downwards, not up!!:goodscale

Mima, sugar is not a good thing for circulation. If he were to have a problem after the surgery, it could mean the loss of his foot/leg. Better to wait. Is there any type of shoe insert or toe brace that would help? I have 1 toe on my right foot that curls down and I have built up a callus under the nail from walking on it. It does hurt occasionally but I don't think I could have the top half of it removed!!:fr:

First company arrived yesterday and my GF (his wife) arrives this evening. Queenie is taking this fairly well so far. I hope she surprises me and isn't too obnoxious about losing her bedroom! Hubby has been a bit cranky lately from the stress of driving these huge trucks in the heavy traffic. Don't blame him there but wish he would try to find a different, less stressful job. He can be so resistant to changes.....it's his life so I guess I can't make that decision for him.
Off to do some errands. I'm already feeling a bit tense over having too much activity a constant in the house. Two needy men under the same roof with me.....ughhhhh! :rollpin:

Candicej
02-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Didn't sleep weel so off now..........if I can....

Mima
02-13-2009, 08:49 AM
Good morning. Concert was wonderful-probably need 2 naps today. Bill Gaither is still going strong at 72.
I should schedule a massage.
I was thinking that Brad needs some inserts-I will go onto Dr Scholls website.
I love my orthotics.
Well-happy Friday the 13th. Glad your gf is coming tonight-she can wait on her hubby. Mima

Kate53
02-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Good afternoon all! Yes, thank God for my GF...now she can wait on her man because mine came home from work today sick as a dog! He's got this terrible head/chest cold possibly even the flu. Great, huh? Hope the rest of the house doesn't get it. This just about makes my week....:crazy:

Took my GF shopping this morning and she had a blast at one of our local clothing shops. Thank goodness her hubby has the car here and she can pack the extras for the trip home in it. Need to go lay down for about an hour so I can function the rest of the evening. Still have to walk the Queen again and fix dinner. I'm pooped!! Hope everyone has a great day....and Joanne and Candice are doing better!!

Tammy
02-13-2009, 06:05 PM
Note from Eleni

Joanne is having ablation done on her heart tomorrow (Friday) to help stop the irregular heart rate. She still hasn't walked any which bothers her daughter and I.They told her after ablation they would get her up to walk. She should be fine.My daughter had it done last year and it helped a lot.Joanne is still very weak but will get stronger once she is out and about. Eleni

Mima, thanks for the reminder about the mileage! I had been writing it down after last year, and I'm not sure that I kept up with it. Glad you enjoyed the concert!

Kate, glad your gf is there to look after her hubby since yours is sick. Hope you stay healthy!

Candice, hope you are able to get some rest.

Hello to everyone! Have a good weekend! Tim went to visit his gf for the weekend. Just the puppy and me here hanging out.

Mima
02-14-2009, 08:13 AM
I estimate the mileage-look at my medical payments and figure out the round trip.
Hope you have a nice day tammy-be your own Valentine.
Hope Joanne does better. We keep hearing of people that are ill or have died.My dil's mother went to the funeral of her 100 year old mother-her bil died at the airport going to the funeral/
That's not great about hubby, Kate. Take zinc and vitamin c[I did that when Brad was sick and I didn't get it.Walmart sells it-like Coldeze. Everone should take it,
There is a big craft fair-that's my valentine to go there.

Bye for now-Mima

Kate53
02-14-2009, 10:57 AM
Good morning everyone. A better day today. Hubby is feeling a bit better but still coughing and congested. At least he slept good last night. My GF did give him a packet of that vitamin C stuff called "Emergen-C". Maybe I should take it as well. I did start spraying that "Zicam" zinc gel in my nose already just to try and get an edge here. Men aren't always as fastidious about washing their hands and such after sneezing/coughing/blowing their noses, etc. Know what I mean ladies? Hopefully he will continue to get better as he has been scheduled to go back working nights starting tomorrow night! Life sure can get crazy around here. I could swear I am being tested for someone's amusement!
Tammy, that bed I was referring to is one of those sleep number beds. I am surprised your niece doesn't enjoy it as I have heard from several people how comfortable they are. I will just make sure both of us go to investigate it and try it out thoroughly before we commit to buying it. This will be a long-term purchase so it better be right. And thank you again for Eleni's update. I sure hope Joanne is up and about soon.
I just received my Celebrex prescription in the mail yesterday....wow! How expensive can pills be??? No wonder they chose this medication for the step therapy program!! $400 for 90 pills! Fortunately, I have a copay of $100 but that still is a lot for any medication. It darn well better work at that price!! I'll use this prescription to see...if it doesn't make me feel better, I won't refill it.
Mima, have fun at your craft fair...I'm feeling a bit tired today. Weather is overcast but warm. It almost looks like we might get some rain. Good morning to take a nap. Hope this isn't a sign of impending illness.....
Have a great day ladies....

Mima
02-15-2009, 07:49 AM
Hope you stay well, Kate. I agree with you about men washing hands-drives me crazy. I am a germ freak.
We went up and down the o many people sick.
My daughter was going out with a friend whose bf is in Iraq.
Saw my granchildren and gave them valentines. Alison had her haircut-it looked awesome/Bye for now-STAY HEALTHY!

Kate53
02-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Not such a great morning ladies! Starting to get hubby's cold! Ughhh...I am keeping up with the "Zicam" and fortifying drink but I am not feeling too terrific right now. All I can hope for is lesser duration and severity....just makes me want to scream. :stress:

Company has been understanding of the situation and are probably secretly praying to not catch our "crud"!! So sorry folks, but as the saying goes..."Misery loves company!" ;)

Not going to cater to anyone today...including the dog. Looks like we might get rain today too. Yesterday turned out sunny and hot but a bit overcast today. Reading a new book my GF gave me.....about George Anderson, Jr. A devout Catholic who is also psychically (sp?) inclined. Interesting reading. Off to rest for a few...need to try and stay on top of this cold. Hope everyone enjoys their day. Will check back to see if there is an update on Joanne.

Mima
02-16-2009, 07:36 AM
Oh Kate, hope you don't get too bad. Last year our company came sick.
Our company is coming Thurs afternoon so we have plenty of time. my bro is coming tomorrow and so is Evan. he lives to the south of Orlando and is waiting for his wife to come down but she is dealing with her ailing father.
So many said stories at church-people being laid off, a friens has breast cancer, and a couple whose business is on the brink of foreclosure, worth 2 million and their retirement money-I don't think they need 2 million but I certainly think they need some. And someone else with melanoma. Yikes.
Brad is going to help me clean. He can do the fans. Mima

Kate53
02-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Good morning everyone. Not doing too badly considering this cold is moving into my chest....oh joy!! And my GF said she has a sore throat this morning. That was the first symptom....oh joy again! Other than that we are all taking it easy and my guests seem content to just lounge around and do nothing. They do work hard the rest of the year in their own landscaping business so I can imagine this must feel wonderful to just do nothing. The "Queen" has been somewhat cooperative but you can tell her nose is out of joint at being banned from "her room" at night. She's doing okay for a spoiled dog!
Off to the store today. Might have to go back and buy a few more of those brassieres that were on sale for $18.99 (Olgas)....great fit at a great price!! That is a first for me!!! Ususally they cost so much money!
Cool front coming through this afternoon with possible rain showers. Good afternoon to read....hope everyone enjoys their day and that Candice and Joanne are doing well. Where are you Candice and Tammy?? Hope all is okay with everyone!

Mima
02-17-2009, 07:24 AM
Cool again. Got my blankie over my legs. Cannot find rugs -one to put in front of my chair and a runner for the hallway. Went to Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart. I am very fussy about coordinating patterns and colors.
tammy-have youheard anything about Joanne.
Glad you are holding up, Kate. I bet the Zicam is helping.
Stomache is off-I tried Digestive Health but I don't think it's for me although I need some probiotics. I will order from Amazon-they have so many products. i am also getting rice crackers-4$ in the store-1.25 0n line. That's where i got my Paul newman cookies.
Bye for now-Mima

Kate53
02-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Good morning all. Everyone in the house is sick now. This is quite the week going on here. I don't know how my GF is going to fly back up north with all that congestion. Hubby has the day off and will go back to working days tomorrow. Hopefully, we will all be feeling better by tomorrow. We have decided this is more like the flu instead of a cold as we all have fevers. Great, huh? What a way to spend a vacation! I do hope Joanne is on the mend. It might have started out like this for her, too!
Mima, have you tried JC Penny? They have a large assortment of area rugs and very reasonable. I had great luck finding ones for my hallway (runner) and for in front of my slider. They have great sales too. Try the "online" site and see if there is anything interesting.
Going to let my guests check their e-mails on my computer and then we are off to buy some more cough supplies. Will check back later. Enjoy the day folks!

Tammy
02-17-2009, 11:37 PM
Joanne is out of the hospital, and she is in a place to do rehab before she goes home. Things are looking up for her!! Hooray!

Candicej
02-18-2009, 07:01 AM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/796538/01-02-09_0142[1].jpg

Tam great news about Joanne:) thanks.....is Maurice being a good boy?

Kate..sorry you and your company got sick....that is my worst nightmare!!!! I AM A REAL CRAB WHEN ILL :eek:

Mima..hope you can find some rugs..I will be needing some too as soon as we get furniture!

Shoveled more snow and now it is raining and melting..but more this weekend, at least temps are a bit warmer so it melts sooner so it doesn't build up. Still have some snowmen out int he yard and one lighted star on the fence....I need to figure out something to put back by the fence, a solar light maybe in the flower beds for summer. Cleaned all day Monday and need to get to the store but have been too tired. Toe is better but sore, new nail is visable now...I keep dropping things on it...OUCHY....

Hi Happpppppy and memmmmmme:wave:

Mima
02-18-2009, 08:24 AM
Good morning. I am so happy about Joanne. They do great things in rehab.
Art today. My bro came down yesterday and Evan was here, We all walked to DQ and Evan was holding Arthur' s hand when he announced we were going South, When I corrected him, he could tell us all the other directions that we were walking. I cannot do that!! He learned it in school-Montessori preschool. His father did not even know his left and right at age 9-my fault, I didn't even know that he didn't know.
Oh, Kate, that;s terrible. Hope you feel better soon. If you have the same thing as Brad had, the cough lingers.
We are going to a Memorial service today for one of our Sunday school people,
Mima

Kate53
02-18-2009, 10:19 AM
Good morning everyone. I am feeling much better today. Hubby has that lingering cough, Mima but mine seems to have subsided. Just a bit of congestion left now. My GF just went back to bed. She's not having the same luck....still feels crappy. She may even have to change her departure flight due to the congestion. She can't take anything because of her HBP medication...so it looks like our company will be here a bit longer than expected. I don't mind though as it is great to have time with my GF in spite of being ill.
Tammy, so great to hear Joanne is doing much better. I'm sure rehab will have her on her feet in no time. Laying down for such a long period of time, even for two weeks, can make getting back to daily activities difficult. I'm sure Joanne will rally and be posting soon.
The "Queen" is having a fit because my GF went back to "her" bed in the guest room. This is the time of day Queenie likes to perch on the bed and bark at the people going by walking their dogs. Boy, is her nose out of joint!!
Spoiled, spoiled!!
Off to do some housework. I'm going to clean right around everyone, so look out!!
Enjoy the day, ladies.

Mima
02-19-2009, 07:38 AM
The zicam lessened your symptoms, Kate.
Our company is coming at 2. Brad knows them well but I don't but they are really nice. Man-hope everyone feels better.
We went to a Memorial service yesterday. What a testimony to that woman. They had only be married 6 years-and she was 85. That's what FL is all about.
Hey everyone else-hope you are well.
My ingrown toenails are acting up and I have shoulder pain like bursitis. So far my new med is not working but he said 5 weeks. It's only 2 and a half.
Mima

Kate53
02-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Good morning all! Another beauty for weather today. Suppose to have rain showers and get much cooler tonight. My GF did change her flight and is planning a day trip to Ocala to go to a memorial service for her uncle/Godfather, who passed away the day she flew down here. It must be karma that she happens to be in Florida when her uncle died and can attend his service. Her mother, who is 85 and can't travel, is so happy someone from the family will be there. It sometimes seems things happen for a reason.
Mima, we are all feeling better, especially me. I think you are right about the Zicam...it did make the symptoms disappear faster and I don't have that residual cough like my hubby does. My GF is just now starting to have more energy. Should be an interesting weekend!!
Off to the store for a few supplies. Making a shephard's pie casserole for dinner tonight and some chicken cabbage soup for fill in meals. Hope everyone enjoys their day....and Joanne and Candice are feeling okay. Mima, take care of those toes!!

Happy Canuk
02-19-2009, 02:08 PM
good morning, at least it still is here.

Mima - hope you shoulder doesn't get too painful. I have Bursitis in my shoulder as well, and at times it really acts up. I guess you will go get your ingrown toenails looked after. Enjoy your company.

Kate - glad that everybody is feeling better. Some of those flus are nasty. Do you get the flu shot? I had one 3 years ago and never went back for another. It only helps with certain flus and to be sure, it wouldn't be the kind I got! I work in a lab, so see a lot of unhealthy people at times. All coming in for blood work etc. So far so good. Hope it stays that way.

You are right that things happen for a reason.

Candice - STOP DROPPING STUFF N YOUR TOE!!! It will never heal if you keep THAT up. Where are you, anyway. You were going to go to bed, but did you ever wake up???

Tammy - thanks for keeping us posted on Joanne. Glad she has moved on to the rehab place. Means she is improving. Hopefully she will be home soon. What a trying time for her. I'll bet she lost that 5 pounds she always wanted to get rid of. What a way to do it!

Meme - where ARE you. I suppose, just being your busy self.

I have had such a busy couple of weeks. Working lots, and the weekend was a long weekend, so had company. Today, I am trying to catch up, but also, am kind of tired. My foot is still so darn sore. It isn't fractured, and apparently, the Dr. was not correct, because there is no arthritis either. So, I am off to the Foot Clinic on Tuesday, to see what the heck is going on. I think it is a nerve that is pinched in the joint, and this caused the pad just above my toes to swell up, and throws the toes out of alignment, causing a LOT of pain. We shall see.

I am learning how to do ECG's at work now, so that should be interesting. Finding the ribs on women can be perplexing for sure. Those boobs get in the way. Men are much easier. Oh well, I WILL learn.

Hope you all have a good day.

Candicej
02-20-2009, 07:08 AM
Happy...I am baking:) Feel asleep at 6pm and slept untill the dog woke me at 10pm, he jumped and missed the bed! LOL POOR thing! Getting snow tonigh and I have not made it to the store yet.. been too tired.

Mima
02-20-2009, 07:42 AM
Good morning. That;s great about your gf being able to go to the funeral. Yum, candice-you love to bake.
anne-I bet the foot doc will help you. Our poor feet-we have to be on them all the time.
What nice company. Frank and Brad reminisced last night and their stories were hilarious. Don't know what we are doing today.
Woke ua bit too early but there's alway's nap time. Mima

Kate53
02-20-2009, 10:24 AM
I've started a new thread Fibromyalgia #182. I've asked our moderator to sticky the new one. Hoipe that is okay with everyone....