General chatter - ThreadKiller VI-Absurdity on Steroids

Pages : [1] 2 3

Operator265
02-01-2009, 07:46 AM
Oh yeah!!!! 500th post! Final post! And I learned a new trick!!!

I AM THE QUEEN OF THE WORLD!!!

You may all take turns kissing my ring. Single file. One at a time. Now stop pushing! Everyone will get a chance.

Ruthxxx
02-01-2009, 08:04 AM
:cry: I missed it! It's nice that we can start a new thread on a new month.
(I have a very boring life and enjoy simple pleasures.)

Operator265
02-01-2009, 08:33 AM
I'm with ya there sista. We should get together on Valentine's day with a 5th of scotch and a 5th of blended whiskey(or litres), get ripped and b***h about everyone else who has a life.

EZMONEY
02-01-2009, 09:07 AM
one bourbon....one scotch....one beer.....

George Thorogood and The Destroyers

thank you very much

JuliaDH
02-01-2009, 09:08 AM
Well I am lame I fell asleep on the couch waiting for others to come online! Leafs won DH happy. Now I have the super bowl chilli in the slow cooker!

jules1216
02-01-2009, 09:19 AM
one bourbon....one scotch....one beer.....

George Thorogood and The Destroyers

thank you very much

Thanks Gary...now that song will be stuck in my head all day...

BillBlueEyes
02-01-2009, 09:20 AM
Kudos to the Operator for teaching me to close a thread, simply by doing so herself, which caused me to look around and find out how.

[Maybe now she'll teach me to drive one of those HONKING big trucks.]

EZMONEY
02-01-2009, 09:20 AM
I must apologize for not making the stretch run last night.

After our monthly get together Angie and I went to church. When we cam home she decided she wanted to load a new i-pod she picked up at Costco yesterday. It is her first one and she had a few problems....it was taking a bit too long.

I was watching Cops when she finished....she said "You can have the computer now OR we can have :love: date night :love:

sorry :o Team...it had been a looooooong time ;)

EZMONEY
02-01-2009, 09:24 AM
Well I am lame I fell asleep on the couch waiting for others to come online! Leafs won DH happy. Now I have the super bowl chilli in the slow cooker!

Move over JULIA ...I'm coming for dinner! :carrot:

Thanks Gary...now that song will be stuck in my head all day...

I do what I can JULES ;)

Kudos to the Operator for teaching me to close a thread, simply by doing so herself, which caused me to look around and find out how.

Thinin' we should start a Mens Only Threadkiller BILL.....nah! That wouldn't be fun!

Seriously....could you see her teaching your kid how to drive in drivers ed? :D

JuliaDH
02-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Hey she can teach my kids. Although DH drives transport he sure does not want to be responsible for any more STUPID 4wheelers on the road. He would prefer them to ride thier tricycle till death!

Hattie22
02-01-2009, 09:27 AM
and here we go again...

I missed the killing.

I wasn't even having "date night"

Bill, you were so close.

Operator...THE QUEEN.. Congrats. I think everyone was afraid of you and stayed away.

HMMM..Can there be "date morning" or "date afternoon"?

See ya all later ;)

JuliaDH
02-01-2009, 09:28 AM
EZ you and your family would always be welcome for a meal. Ever come to the great white north?

JuliaDH
02-01-2009, 09:29 AM
When is the crowning ceremony? Queen Operator I curtsie to you!

Operator265
02-01-2009, 11:21 AM
:queen: A message from your beloved ruler.

Ummmm, the X was talking to one of the guys from the construction arm of his company. He worked on "The Big Dig" in Boston. The drivers there are freaking nuts. I can deal with the "moments of shear terror" out there, but hours on end. :yikes:

Posted by Gary:
Thinin' we should start a Mens Only Threadkiller BILL.....nah! That wouldn't be fun!

Yeah Gary, guess you know how shy I am about gate crashin' a MEN'S thread.:s:

Hey she can teach my kids. Although DH drives transport he sure does not want to be responsible for any more STUPID 4wheelers on the road. He would prefer them to ride thier tricycle till death!

You're kidding right. Grey hairs are popping out all over my head just thinking about my 15 yr. old. Whaaaaaa, ya tryin' ta kill me here.:tired:

Operator...THE QUEEN.. Congrats. I think everyone was afraid of you and stayed away.

Be skeered. Be very askeered.:badbat:

_________

OK. "Jimi Hendrix-The Man They Made God" is on Biography. Gotta go.

Hmmmm, Goddess Operator has a nice ring to it too.:chin:

Ruthxxx
02-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Hey, Julia, where the heck are you? (PM me if you are shy.) I suspect it's the other side of The Big Smoke. Maybe we should plan a threadkiller get-together. (Is get-together hyphenated or not?)

Slashnl
02-01-2009, 12:40 PM
Sigh.... I missed out big time. Why does it always happen on weekends???? Saturdays are just incredibly busy for me. Oh well. At least we aren't having a lag time between the old thread and the start of the new thread. We know we love it! We are addicted!!!

Hattie22
02-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Goddess Operator: Where did you get that skeery smilie? It is soooo cool!

Yes...and skeery too!

I am making Barbecue pulled pork in the slow cooker. I hope it turns out ok because it is a first for me.

Have a great..no...SUPER.. Sunday everyone!

Amarantha2
02-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Can anyone post on this thread?

alinnell
02-01-2009, 01:45 PM
No Superbowl party for me. DH won't be home until late tonight.

I could make some superbowl food, but then that would just kill my diet (which isn't going so well right now anyway).

JuliaDH
02-01-2009, 02:06 PM
Janga - Please join us! We could always use some fresh humour (read between the lines fresh blood).

Ruth - Me shy ha! We are in Kitchener.

Slashnl
02-01-2009, 03:34 PM
No superbowl party here either. But, we'll watch the game! I'm managing the football pool from work. High stakes! It was 25 cents per square. Big time pay off of $2.50 at the end of the first quarter, $5.00 at halftime, $7.50 after the third, and a big $10.00 for the final score. We make it cheap so that everyone can play. Keeps it interesting anyway!

EZMONEY
02-01-2009, 04:29 PM
:hat: Partying alone here today too. I kind of like it that way ;) Kids are all going to young people Super Bowl parties...of course if the Raiders were playing they would be here :carrot:

Angie is making some killer bacon burgers for dinner and I bought a bag of kettle chips and a 12 pack of Miller and a 30 pack of Bud....just in case I get thirsty ;)

Hitting the Henry Winehard Root Beer hard right now!

Not going to drink all that beer today TEAM...it was just on sale :)

Angie is shuffling Brooks and Dunn ~ Alan Jackson and George Strait on the stereo right now....love-love it!

Dedicated "I Cross My Heart" to her years ago...don'tch know :love:

EZMONEY
02-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Who is next in lie to kiss Miss TNT's ring?

BillBlueEyes
02-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Before I commit to kiss that ring, I wanta know precisely where it's located.

[Don't want to be 'splaining to the Mrs or anything.]

EZMONEY
02-01-2009, 06:36 PM
STOP!!...POSTING HERE...STOP!!

...until the RAIDERS win the Super Bowl....

Operator265
02-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Sorry you missed out Slash. See what happens to you peoples who have real lives and friends and Super Bowl parties and what not.:p

Hattie-That one is at the veeerrrryyy bottom of the smiley list.:witch: I loves me smileys.

Janga-Welcome.:welcome2: Come on in, the water's fine. So is the beer, scotch and whiskey. We don't bite, only nibble a little.:dracula:

EZ and Bill-I'll let y'all use the same one I tell all the guys guys at work to kiss.:s:

Ruth-I'm up for a get together. I'll bring whiskey, Mich Ultra and, of course, my big 'ol honkin' ring.:queen:

BillBlueEyes
02-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Just saw a 100 yard interception return with the clock run out in the first half; might be the best play I've ever seen.

Now listening to some young guy (judged by jumping about the stage) singing some old, old, old songs.

Life is good.

Gotta go ... there's exactly 12 minutes of this.

srmb60
02-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Hey wait a minute! Just how did the closing of the thread come about? Hmm? Hmm?

Ruth? Julia is an hour or so away from me. You come to this area and we'll be there! Right Julia?

Operator265
02-01-2009, 10:47 PM
I should be home, kickin' back and watching the game on my new TV with suround sound, but NOOOOO! I have to work folr a living.

BillBlueEyes
02-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Keep it down. The Cardinals just reversed the game with 2:37 to play in regulation time.

A miracle in Tampa Bay.

BillBlueEyes
02-01-2009, 10:54 PM
A pause for the two minute warning.

I'm trying to cook some spaghetti squash for next weeks lunches. But TV is out here in the Living Room. Conflict.

BillBlueEyes
02-01-2009, 11:03 PM
With a touchdown with 35 seconds remaining.

Being reviewed by refs, but it looked good to me.

Makes it 26-23 before the extra point attempt.

TOUCHDOWN STANDS

EZMONEY
02-01-2009, 11:48 PM
Quite a game!

JuliaDH
02-01-2009, 11:56 PM
10 years of marriage. And I still dont really understand the game! But I try! I finally get most of hockey.

Karen31
02-02-2009, 12:41 AM
Ginger, Sissy and I watched the Puppy Bowl!! That was more fun to watch and easier to understand

Operator265
02-02-2009, 01:12 AM
Alright Karen! I was watching that before work too. I think Moose, the Aussie Hound was my fav.

Slashnl
02-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Gosh that was a good game! I had no stake in it and wasn't rooting for either team in particular, but that was fun to watch.

Gary, if we stop the thread until the Raiders win.... well, we'd all be too old to type.

Maybe the Broncos... next year. On to baseball!

PearFreak
02-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Awww, man I missed the killing of the Threadkiller. Congrats Operator!!!!!

Now back your regular programming....

Happy Monday All!!

srmb60
02-02-2009, 09:57 AM
What's the fastest we've gone to 500 posts?

PearFreak
02-02-2009, 10:08 AM
You think we can do it before Valentine's Day?

srmb60
02-02-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm going away on the 12th ...

PearFreak
02-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Shall we conquer it ending on or before the 12th then?

srmb60
02-02-2009, 10:14 AM
It could be like a sendoff for our missions trip. Um ... a thread of plenty in hopes of our doing plenty of good ... later ... er something like that ...

PearFreak
02-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Hey I think you are on to something... and us posting is only helping it getting closer to its end. heeheehee-hahahahaha-hoohohohohohooo-!!!!!

A mission trip -eh? How long you going on this Mission trip? Is it a short or long journey?

srmb60
02-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Ten days in Mexico! I'm pretty pumped.

The folks at 3FC will be happy to see me gone. I never shut up about it.

KimL1214
02-02-2009, 10:49 AM
aim for before the 12th

Operator265
02-02-2009, 12:29 PM
I'll try to help ya Susan, although, I'm kinda slipping out of graveyard psychosis and into just plain brain dead along with the rest of my body. I'm am soooo glad tonight is my Friday.

srmb60
02-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Sleep Operator .... sleep .... unless of course you're not done work yet then it's probably better if you wait.

alinnell
02-02-2009, 12:51 PM
After the game I invited DS to watch a scary movie...Jaws. He didn't think it was all that scary.?! Remember the part where the guy's head falls into the hole in the boat? I remember THAT being terrifying. Maybe it was because it wasn't a big screen (as if 63" isn't big enough).

JuliaDH
02-02-2009, 01:02 PM
500 posts in 12 days. Hmmm = 41.7 posts a day. Done 50 already. Soooo 11 days left and 40.9 posts a day until Susan leaves. Bill is my math ok?

Slashnl
02-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Well, we will miss you when you are gone! You'll have to tell us all about it when you get back!

Slashnl
02-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Julia, I'll try to see if I can do .9 of a post. :)

Operator265
02-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Not doing so hot with the sleep thing, Susan. Sitting here being incredibly POd at my boss. Calls me up at the beginning of the shift about a safety issue from the night before. He had absolutely no intention whatsoever of listening to what happened. Then makes a pronouncement "from on high" that in no way takes into consideration what me and my coworker were facing........AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! :tantrum:

Ya know, unlike most of the dip wads at this mine, this ain't my first effing rodeo. I was in construction before this. I helped turn my X from just another crew member into a Mine Rescue professional, a lead man and he's is now a Safety Director. I just happened to be with him every step of the way. We eat, drink and sleep safety every day of our lives. My DD wears steel toed shoes in fast food for Pete's sake. We wear safety glasses when doing yard work. Everyone I know back home is a miner. What the **** do you think they talk about when not at work. They talk about their JOBS.:dz:

So last night my co worker and I waited for the bus to pick us up while standing right next to four haul trucks that were being readied up by the next crew coming in. Remember my last avatar? We are the little people in the rubber ducky suits. When they started revving the engines to get going, we decided to get the **** outta there, but, we had to cross the haul road, which was not in use and being blocked by two of the trucks that were preparing to run us down!!!!!!!! And all my boss has to say is "You're not allowed to cross a haul road." Duh!!! They're not allowed to start moving with people on the ground either, but it sure as **** as doesn't stopp them from doing it.:eek:

Oh yeah and PS: These types of issues are not supposed to be brought up until the END of shift in order to prevent the drivers from becoming distracted by the situation. I was able to put it out of my mind till I got home. My coworker, however, wasn't and spent most of the night trying to find out who ratted us out, if we were gonna be written up or even fired with the present environment out there. Thanks for the Safety Share there Boss Man. But, now I home and POd as ****.

OK, Rant Over. Thanx for letting me get that off my chest. I'm gonna go try for some sleep.:faint: Just one more night then I get to go on Blast Crew where my boss actually pays attention and gives a rats butt about us.

Karen31
02-02-2009, 01:40 PM
Good Morning everyone! Yeah, operator I loved Moose too! I love it when they have the paw penalties!! I have been lazy this morning so I need to get myself moving.

Susan enjoy your trip and we will miss you. Hope to see pictures when you come back.

Later everyone

Karen31
02-02-2009, 01:44 PM
:grouphug:Operator sounds like you had a rough night! I hate it when things like that happen. :grouphug:

JuliaDH
02-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Sorry you had such a rough shift Operator. You will know how do deal with any results of the occurance. Sending many hugs & encouraging you to count some sheep!

alinnell
02-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Oh, and get this~my husband was flying home from Idaho last night. He had to change planes in Salt Lake City. On the final leg home guess who his seat mate was? Johnny Bench!

srmb60
02-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Johnny Bench was on Ellen the other day. She used him to lure George Clooney onto the set. I think it was Johnny Bench and Joe Morgan.

PearFreak
02-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Back again... helping to chip away at the posts. Lil by lil we'll do this.

JuliaDH
02-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Pear what is your fave way to eat pears?

alinnell
02-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Johnny Bench was on Ellen the other day. She used him to lure George Clooney onto the set. I think it was Johnny Bench and Joe Morgan.

I saw that episode--it was hilarious. My husband also knows his ex-wife--he's done some construction work for her.

PearFreak
02-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Pear what is your fave way to eat pears?

I chomp right into them.... or cut them up and cover them with some yogurt. Mmmmm.

JuliaDH
02-02-2009, 03:47 PM
And what is your fave variety?

PearFreak
02-02-2009, 03:51 PM
And what is your fave variety?

My faves are Bartlett and Anjou :D

Slashnl
02-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Ah, sweet! I went for a walk at lunch. Gorgeous weather out there today! I wish I could send some to the folks in Kentucky and elsewhere that are having such struggles.

Operator265
02-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Johnny Bench huh. Talk about a blast from the past. That musta been pretty cool. My mom used to fall asleep on the couch while watching baseball. I use the term "sleep" loosely since if you would try to change the channel, she would mumble "I'm watching that." and promptly fall right back to sleep.:dizzy:

Hattie22
02-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Goddess Operator:

Off with his head!! How dare he speak to our beloved Goddess like that? Did you let him know what safety measures he should take when he has to deal with your underlings? Watch out Mister!

Superbowl!! Awesome game!!! I won 100 bucks for the first quarter from work's pool. 3-Steelers 0-Cardinals. I thought I was in for 300 when the Cardinals got the safety points. I had the numbers 0-Steelers 6-Cardinals . It was like only two minutes so I thought I had it! I was jumping up and down!! Then I look at the tv and see a cardinal running down the field! I was yelling, "knock him down someone!" Nope! Touchdown! Back to 100. At least I won. That game was sooo good! That is what a Superbowl should be like! I am not a big football fan but always join in on Superbowl day! Last year was great! I can't get over how fast they think on their feet or... not on their feet. I didn't have a party either nor was I invited to one. My hubby and I had a blast though! We both get into it and yell like crazy! The dogs get a little worried and start barking at us. LOL

I didn't come on here until now and loved reliving the highlights through Bill. Thanks!

Talk to you later gang...

(Bows to the Goddess)

Operator265
02-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Thanx for the support y'all. Makes me feel better. Sides, I lost 1.6 lbs this week, so to heck with 'em. Pretty cool, too, since the big push for me to lose weight started with me wanting to look good for job interviews. Then, I got blast training and have really enjoyed it. My boss thought I was too fat, stupid and lazy to handle it and would wash out. Well, I proved him wrong and he is obviously still ticked about it.:s: Now, with the blasting on my resume, I'd look pretty good at other mines, even in tough times.:p

Hope, everyone is doing well. I'm with ya, Slash, about the weather up here. Loving it!!! Hope it holds up while I'm working on the ground. BTW, I love Anjou Pears. Hattie, I dub thee my Royal Executioner.:queen:

WebRover
What's the fastest we've gone to 500 posts?

I 42 days
II 28 days
III 33 days
IV 26 days
V 14 days :sp:

Cheerfully providing more useless statistics.

Operator265
And, Bill, I also thank you for the highlights. I needed it with not being able to watch.

Operator265
02-02-2009, 08:33 PM
There's Rover!!!:wave: I've been waiting for our "Useless Stats".

WebRover
02-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Think we can beat 14 days?

428 posts to go!

EZMONEY
02-02-2009, 10:22 PM

Gary, if we stop the thread until the Raiders win.... well, we'd all be too old to type.

Oh funny COLORADO D.... not funny ha-ha....but funny :)

Ginger, Sissy and I watched the Puppy Bowl!! That was more fun to watch and easier to understand

Dang! I forgot all about that KAREN :(

Ten days in Mexico! I'm pretty pumped.

The folks at 3FC will be happy to see me gone. I never shut up about it.

Maurice says you are beginning to get on his nerves :)

Oh, and get this~my husband was flying home from Idaho last night. He had to change planes in Salt Lake City. On the final leg home guess who his seat mate was? Johnny Bench!

I hated Johnny Bench....being a RED and all!

My faves are Bartlett and Anjou :D

I loike bosch the best!

Superbowl!! Awesome game!!! I won 100 bucks for the first quarter from work's pool. 3-Steelers 0-Cardinals. I thought I was in for 300 when the Cardinals got the safety points. I had the numbers 0-Steelers 6-Cardinals . It was like only two minutes so I thought I had it! I was jumping up and down!! Then I look at the tv and see a cardinal running down the field! I was yelling, "knock him down someone!" Nope! Touchdown! Back to 100. At least I won. That game was sooo good! That is what a Superbowl should be like! I am not a big football fan but always join in on Superbowl day! Last year was great! I can't get over how fast they think on their feet or... not on their feet. I didn't have a party either nor was I invited to one. My hubby and I had a blast though! We both get into it and yell like crazy! The dogs get a little worried and start barking at us. LOL

I didn't come on here until now and loved reliving the highlights through Bill. Thanks!

Talk to you later gang...

(Bows to the Goddess)

Wasn't it a great game! Sorry you didn't win more $$$ HATTIE!

Think we can beat 14 days?

428 posts to go!

We might be able to if the ORIGINAL Queen of this mess shows up....now who would "that" be ;)

Operator265
02-02-2009, 10:27 PM
I have no idear who you be talkin' bout, Gary.

JuliaDH
02-02-2009, 10:48 PM
I tried the chinese pears recently and was not to sure I liked the texture. Gonna try again. Maybe they taste better in a different season.

JuliaDH
02-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Susan, DH and I have been researching short term missions. Now that the kids are older we would like to do something with them so that they can contribute as well as learn that life really is not as easy as they have it for most of the world.

BillBlueEyes
02-02-2009, 11:08 PM
Waving. Still recovering from last night's game.

Operator - Sorry to hear about your boss being on your case. Sounds like he's got a burr under his saddle about something. Hope it just passes away.

[Carefully not saying "just blows away" to certain people.]

Karen31
02-03-2009, 12:18 AM
Hi Everybody! I didn't get any pictures this year of Ginger watching the Puppy Bowl but found this one from a few years ago. She was so interested in it I couldn't believe it. Anyway, just wanted to share, Hope everyone has a GREAT night!!

Operator265
02-03-2009, 12:33 AM
Awww, what a little cutie!!!

Karen31
02-03-2009, 12:37 AM
Thanks-- she is pretty spoiled but then again that is what we have furbabies for! Sissy wasn't so interested

srmb60
02-03-2009, 12:40 AM
Evening folks!

Karen31
02-03-2009, 12:47 AM
I have this posted over in "Pudgy Pets" and I'm sure that Gary will remember it. She just jumped up there and started doing this all by herself one day. So I just had to get a video of her. I thought it was just too cute.

http://www.youtube.com/user/31KJS

srmb60
02-03-2009, 12:48 AM
She is a cute pup!

Karen31
02-03-2009, 12:50 AM
Ginger I got from the animal shelter and Sissy was a rescue from a Puppy mill. I would be so lost without either of them now. You can't stay in a bad mood to long when they are around.

Operator265
02-03-2009, 01:05 AM
Crap, I can't watch it on my PDA.

Operator265
02-03-2009, 06:18 AM
WAKE UP EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll never get Susan sent off right if you lazy bums spend all your time sleeping. Yeesh.

BillBlueEyes
02-03-2009, 06:21 AM
Kinda hard to figure out when the Operator sleeps.

Operator265
02-03-2009, 06:41 AM
Sleep? What's sleep? Who needs sleep when you gotta continuous IV coffee drip?

Ruthxxx
02-03-2009, 07:41 AM
I met a coffee drip at the diner the other morning.

JuliaDH
02-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Anyone want to adopt?
12 yr old is having a yelling fit at me. Why? Cause I asked him to not write on his brother with permenant marker. So now I am going to sit in dream about my happy place with a big smile on my face. Unfortunatly that gets him more angry cause his tantrum is having little effect.

srmb60
02-03-2009, 09:41 AM
DS#1 put the sewing machine needle down through DD's finger once.

Good morning dahlinks!

Shift workers never sleep. You'll never know when you might find them lurking about. We're frightening, I tell ya. Be very afraid!

Operator265
02-03-2009, 11:00 AM
At's right Susan. :yes: 'Sides, sleep leads to sanity and that means dealing with reality, and who the heck wants that? Not me! No way!:snooty:

Operator265
02-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Hey y'all. We're closing in on 100.:hyper:

JuliaDH
02-03-2009, 11:05 AM
And I am still folding laundry! I left it all on the table last night. Woke up this morning to discover that the cats have been wrestling in the piles. Causing them to all fall to the floor! Good thing the floor is clean!

Operator265
02-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Honestly Julia, did you have to bring up laundry?:( Now see, that thar is one of 'em reality thingies that I just don't want to deal with.:p Buutt, since I ain't got no clean clothes, I guess I gots ta.:mad:

srmb60
02-03-2009, 11:36 AM
Laundry! Oh crap .... brb

JuliaDH
02-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Now I yanked you all out of your happy place...I going to mine! Haha

Operator265
02-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Hey Susan, wanna hook up and go blow Julia's little "Happy Place" all to ****?:bomb: Huh, huh, huh, ya wanna?:hyper:

Operator265
02-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Eh, never mind the clothes, I smell funky. I'm gonna go launder me.

JuliaDH
02-03-2009, 12:43 PM
You could do both (clothes & body) at the same time...I have a pressure washer with a gentle cycle! :smug: Not even my dh knows where my Happy Place is soooo I am trusting that it is explosive safe! :nono::beach::wizard::cloud9:

Operator265
02-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Noooo I cannot do both at once cause I DON'T WANNA!!!!:p:p:p:p And you can't make me!!!!!!

DON'T WANNA!!!:tantrum:

12 yr olds aren't the only ones who can throw fits. I can even throw an e-fit.

BTW- we're past #100.

JuliaDH
02-03-2009, 01:09 PM
E-fits can "E"asily be ignored! Dont even need to mute it.:p

41.894 posts a day till midnight Feb 12.:dizzy:

Operator265
02-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Fine!!! You not gonna listen to my fit then I goin' ta ma room!!!!!

I was gonna try to stay up today, but, it appears as tho I shall be partaking of a short nap(or maybe a long one even).

alinnell
02-03-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm not going to work today!!!!!

I'm waiting for one guy to come pick up my lounge chairs to be re-slung (re-slinged?) and another guy to apply a diamond coat to my shower enclosure (to stop hard water stains).

So here I sit, whiling away the time on the computer while my laundry is washing and drying itself (bummer I have to fold it!).

Ruthxxx
02-03-2009, 01:24 PM
My laundry is now finished AND folded AND put away! Beat that, you slackers!

PearFreak
02-03-2009, 01:25 PM
You could be a millionairest if you created a device that would fold ones clothes. I know I'd buy one. That is my least fave chore. Yes it is a chore.

JuliaDH
02-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Mine is matching socks but we covered that last week. Slacker eh? I dont think so. I can get my laundry done and by the time everyone is ready for bed I have 1 load of whites & one load of darks. And the monster starts all over again. 5 people sure do create a stinky monster of cotton & blends!

Slashnl
02-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Ah, laundry talk. The excitement continues.... :)

I have to gear up to walk with my friend at lunch. She walks so much faster than I do... which is good because I tend to stroll.

alinnell
02-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Checkbook is balanced. Everything is recorded. One load of laundry is folded, waiting for load two to dry. Next? Getting all my tax stuff ready for our CPA.

JuliaDH
02-03-2009, 02:35 PM
My happy place has no snow, no laundry....TAXES ugh...now I have been yanked from my happy place! Thanks really....like I needed to be reminded of something bigger than domestic chores.

srmb60
02-03-2009, 02:54 PM
I have to go to work.

Slashnl
02-03-2009, 04:14 PM
I'm back at work after lunch. Went walking. Another beautiful day here! Gives me spring fever!

PearFreak
02-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Laundry is all done.

Spring,,, ehh... is it on its way?

JuliaDH
02-03-2009, 04:50 PM
We have had 5 more cm of snow. There is no sign of Spring in Southern Ontario!

PearFreak
02-03-2009, 04:58 PM
We are snowing now... no sign here either. Well except for the teaser few days of 40 degrees, but then that even isn't Springy enough for me to believe it is around the corner.

JuliaDH
02-03-2009, 06:42 PM
Need to take my 6pm alkie drink...the kids are a wreak today. Emotional messes thats what happens when daddy lets them stay up so late!

Operator265
02-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Re-slang?:shrug: Where is Bill when you need him?

BillBlueEyes
02-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Definition Re-sling: A variety of grape grown in cool areas, especially in Germany and the Pacific Northwest.

Thank you google.

[Apparently I have to do all the work around here.]

Operator265
02-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Definition Re-sling: A variety of grape grown in cool areas, especially in Germany and the Pacific Northwest.

Thank you google.

[Apparently I have to do all the work around here.]

I dub thee the Royal Archivist. :queen:

Operator265
02-03-2009, 08:13 PM
And, yes, Miss RuthiePoo. I AM A SLACKER AND PROUD OF IT!!!!:encore:

WebRover
02-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Thanks guys for the laundry reminder. I rushed to move laundry from the washer to the dryer only to discover the washer loaded, but never started. :(

And I know I told DD I was washing reds, she jumped up but I see no laundry down the chute! So I started the washer without her stuff. :devil:

This is my contribution for my 1/41.894 toward today's goal. :D

Karen31
02-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Hello Everyone, Today has been a really beautiful day --- I think we got up to like 45 degrees and no wind at all. Tomorrow is supposed to be even nicer. Hard to know it is February.

Operator- this picture is for you! I took this last Fall when the Aspens were turning and this is the old Molly Kathleen mine in Cripple Creek. They don't use this anymore. Just thought it was a very interesting picture.

Getting ready to kick back and watch the Biggest Loser and just do some relaxing--- laundry and housework done! WHEW!!

Have a great night everyone!!

BillBlueEyes
02-03-2009, 10:01 PM
I met a coffee drip at the diner the other morning.
You crack me up.

BillBlueEyes
02-03-2009, 10:02 PM
... 375 to go.

Operator265
02-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Up on Cripple Creek, you send me
If I spring a leak, you mend me
I don't have to speak, you defend me
A young girl's dream if I ever did see one.

Thank you Karen. That's beautiful!!!

BTW-EZ, I'm making that soup right now. Once again, my DD has informed me, "It better be good." I really need to pound on her some.:club:

Operator265
02-03-2009, 11:27 PM
She likes it, hey Mikey!!!! And now, she has a guitar. I really hope she gets into it. She needs something to focus on.

bargoo
02-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Hey where are all of you? Don't we want to crush this post soon? Are you all sleeping? WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get busy posting people... :carrot::carrot::carrot:

(said in my most sincere voice)

I haven't posted much lately because this thread has just gotten too ordinary. Where is the crazyness? Where are the wild and crazy guys?
What's happening to our thread? Is it just me? Am I getting old and crotchety?

bargoo
02-03-2009, 11:57 PM
Oh, I think the craziest thing I did was shots at a doctor's office, everyday along with a 500 calorie diet. Of course I lost weight and I looked like I had spent time in a concentration camp. That doctor gave me good advice when I told him I was not going to continue, he said never let yourself get more than 8 pounds overweight. It is much easier to lose 8 than 80! I didn't stick to his advice, though and went on many more diets.

EZMONEY
02-04-2009, 12:21 AM
Up on Cripple Creek, you send me
If I spring a leak, you mend me
I don't have to speak, you defend me
A young girl's dream if I ever did see one.

Thank you Karen. That's beautiful!!!

BTW-EZ, I'm making that soup right now. Once again, my DD has informed me, "It better be good." I really need to pound on her some.:club:

Love "THE BAND"...it is in my truck CD player right now!....along with BREAD....Eva Cassidy....CCR and the ZAC BROWN BAND...my new favorite!!! Chicken Fried!! Oh yeah!!!

Hope the kiddo and you liked the soup :)

JuliaDH
02-04-2009, 12:24 AM
I have always been to much of a wimp to give any "system" a fair shot! Scared of failure...but kept getting bigger...ya like that worked for me. But been working on and off for the past year and lost 25lbs & kept it off so far. Now if I can just keep plugging away at it.

JuliaDH
02-04-2009, 12:25 AM
Thanks Operator. Have always loved the Band too. But hey can never get that song out of my head! Ya know I am Canadian eh! We have lots of great music.

JuliaDH
02-04-2009, 12:35 AM
Another great band is RUSH

I hear their passionate music
Read the words that touch my heart
I gaze at their feverish pictures
The secrets that set them apart

When I feel the powerful visions
Their fire has made alive
I wish I had that instinct -- I wish I had that drive

JuliaDH
02-04-2009, 12:36 AM
Bargoo we have missed your craziness. You keep us inspired

Operator265
02-04-2009, 12:45 AM
Oops I farted again
I just passed some gas
Came right out my.......:o

Nevermind.:no:

JuliaDH
02-04-2009, 12:47 AM
Well smell ya later...
I'm going to bed...
To exhausted to think of anything whitty to entertain Bargoo.
Sweet Dreams everyone!

Operator265
02-04-2009, 12:53 AM
Tortilla soup farts! Yummy!

J's reply to the soup, "It's good Mom, but Geez Louise, why don't you just eat the Cayenne straight out of the bottle?":hot: My response, "HEY, if the numbness wears off my tongue within 24 hrs of eating, it's just too bland.":p

JuliaDH
02-04-2009, 12:53 AM
Hey maybe alittle Red Green would inspire people.

http://www.ilaugh.com/the_red_green_show

"If the women dont find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!" Red Green

srmb60
02-04-2009, 01:00 AM
Evening folks!

Operator265
02-04-2009, 01:02 AM
:cofdate: Gee, I wonder if I'm the "drip" Ruthie ran into this morning.:chin:

srmb60
02-04-2009, 01:05 AM
Nope, that'd be Gary.

EZMONEY
02-04-2009, 01:08 AM
smart alec

srmb60
02-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Who's Alec? Has he been posting here?

EZMONEY
02-04-2009, 01:14 AM
he was the 6th B-G

Operator265
02-04-2009, 01:14 AM
Well, he should be. Irks me. Jessica Simpson gains 10 lbs. and she's FAT. Baldwin, Shatner and Spader pudge out and ya hear crickets.

Operator265
02-04-2009, 01:17 AM
I think I'm gonna do my hair tonight. I wanna be purtier than Gary.

srmb60
02-04-2009, 01:20 AM
I'm relatively certain that you already are.

Operator265
02-04-2009, 06:10 AM
WAKE UP EVERYBODY!!!

I kinda doubt I looked too good yesterday. Know what happens when you fall asleep on newly permed, wet hair? Ya get that Medusa look goin' on.:fr:

Ruthxxx
02-04-2009, 07:33 AM
A little of my Dad's poetry for youse guys...

Cold, dark miserable and glum.
Cold as the fur on a polar bear's bum.

Just thought I'd raise the cultural level in here.

And GOOD MORNING!

Operator265
02-04-2009, 07:48 AM
Here I sit, all broken heartened
Came to poop, but only farted

MORNING RUTHIE!:wave:

Ruthxxx
02-04-2009, 07:53 AM
I remember that one except it was "Paid a dime but....".
Reminds me....need to thaw some baked beans so I can make a quesadilla for dinner.

Operator265
02-04-2009, 08:01 AM
Know how to catch a polar bear?

(Ya gotta say this out loud.)

Get some frozen peas and then cut a big hole in the ice.
Place the peas around the hole you cut and hide.
Then, when the polar bear comes to take a pea...
You kick him in the ice hole.:D

I'm not sure the young 'uns around here would understand the part about the dime, or where you put it.:eek:

JuliaDH
02-04-2009, 08:24 AM
Good Morning

JuliaDH
02-04-2009, 08:25 AM
The average person produces 1/2 L of gas distributed over an average of 14 farts a day!

Ruthxxx
02-04-2009, 08:37 AM
I love the maturity of this group!

JuliaDH
02-04-2009, 08:40 AM
I tried using some "big" words. But it still did not mature up the content eh?

Operator265
02-04-2009, 08:50 AM
The average person produces 1/2 L of gas distributed over an average of 14 farts a day!

I told you people I was ABOVE AVERAGE! Heck, by those stats, I'm pretty damned SPACTACULAR!!!:carrot:

JuliaDH
02-04-2009, 09:19 AM
http://www.funnypoets.com/poetry/themammagram.htm

srmb60
02-04-2009, 09:47 AM

I know some folks who are overachievers.

Operator265
02-04-2009, 09:51 AM
I know some folks who are overachievers.

Speaking of which, where are EZ and Bill?:chin:

Ruthxxx
02-04-2009, 09:53 AM
They are probably still trying to understand the mammogram poem.

JuliaDH
02-04-2009, 09:53 AM
I told you people I was ABOVE AVERAGE! Heck, by those stats, I'm pretty damned SPACTACULAR!!!:carrot:

Is there a crown for overacheivement...or being damned SPACTACULAR?

srmb60
02-04-2009, 10:01 AM
:queen:

I have no way to make a cloud of gas around that or curly hair.

JuliaDH
02-04-2009, 10:13 AM
:queen:

I have no way to make a cloud of gas around that or curly hair.

Queen of Noxious Gases

JuliaDH
02-04-2009, 10:15 AM
nox·ious (nkshs)
adj.
1. Harmful to living things; injurious to health: noxious chemical wastes.
2. Harmful to the mind or morals; corrupting: noxious ideas.

srmb60
02-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Lol!

Operator265
02-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Flatulence-A big fancy word for fart.

BillBlueEyes
02-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Flatulence-A big fancy word for fart.And what, pray tell, is your definition of Roundulence?

JuliaDH
02-04-2009, 10:48 AM
And what, pray tell, is your definition of Roundulence?

:lol:

Who wants to be the king or queen of ROUNDULENCE?

Operator265
02-04-2009, 11:08 AM
nox·ious (nkshs)
adj.

Well, I'm pretty good at #1, but, I'm the #1 at #2.:dizzy:

Operator265
02-04-2009, 11:25 AM
Roundulence-The unusual ability to produce smoke rings when farting.

That's #170. 330 to go.

JuliaDH
02-04-2009, 11:42 AM
44 posts aday to get it closed by the time Susan leaves.

Ruthxxx
02-04-2009, 11:56 AM
From the Washington Post:
Here is the Washington Post's annual Mensa Invitational, which once again asked readers to take any word from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting, or changing one letter, and supply a new definition.

Here are the 2008 winners:

1. Cashtration (n.): The act of buying a house, which renders the subject financially impotent for an indefinite period of time.
2. Ignoranus : A person who's both stupid and an *******.
3. Intaxication : Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.
4. Reintarnation : Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
5. Bozone ( n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future. [Unfortunately, we have several people with an especially thick one of these here at 3FC...]
6. Foreploy : Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of getting laid.
7. Giraffiti : Vandalism spray-painted very, very high
8. Sarchasm : The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.
9. Inoculatte : To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.
10. Osteopornosis : A degenerate disease. (This one got extra credit.)
11. Karmageddon : It's like, when everybody is sending off all these really bad vibes, right? And then, like, the Earth explodes and it's like, a serious bummer.
12. Decafalon (n.): The grueling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you.
13. Glibido : All talk and no action.
14. Dopeler Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
15. Arachnoleptic Fit (n.): The frantic dance performed just after you've accidentally walked through a spider web.
16. Beelzebug (n.) : Satan in the form of a mosquito, that gets into your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.
17. Caterpallor ( n.): The color you turn after finding half a worm in the fruit you're eating.

The Washington Post has also published the winning submissions to its yearly contest, in which readers are asked to supply alternate meanings for common words. And the winners are:

1. Coffee, n. The person upon whom one coughs.
2. Flabbergasted, adj. Appalled by discovering how much weight one has
gained.
3. Abdicate, v. To give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.
4. esplanade, v. To attempt an explanation while drunk.
5. Willy-nilly, adj. Impotent.
6. Negligent, adj. Absentmindedly answering the door when wearing only a
nightgown.
7. Lymph, v. To walk with a lisp.
8. Gargoyle, n. Olive-flavored mouthwash.
9. Flatulence, n. Emergency vehicle that picks up someone who has been run
over by a steamroller.
10. Balderdash, n. A rapidly receding hairline..
11. Testicle, n. A humorous question on an exam.
12. Rectitude, n. The formal, dignified bearing adopted by proctologists.
13. Pokemon, n.. A Rastafarian proctologist.
14. Oyster, n. A person who sprinkles his conversation with Yiddishisms.
15. Frisbeetarianism , n. The belief that, after death, the soul flies up onto the roof and gets stuck there.
16. Circumvent , n. An opening in the front of boxer shorts worn by Jewish men.

Karen31
02-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Good Morning!! I love to start my day off with good intelligent "STUFF" !! It makes the day start out Happy!! Beautiful sunshine here today and warm. Supposed to get up to the mid 50's today--- not bad for February!

Operator265
02-04-2009, 12:13 PM
:lol3::rofl:

OMG, Ruthie, that is too funny. It has already been copied, printed and will be going up on the bulletin board my first day back at work.:D

alinnell
02-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Thank you Ruth, I needed a laugh. I guess the rest of the posts didn't do it for me.

(I wonder if I'll get in trouble for that comment.)

JuliaDH
02-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Alinell - Sorry were aren't very entertaining!:( You are Bargoo are a tough crowd!:p What type of comedy shows do you enjoy?

srmb60
02-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Oh Allison!

alinnell
02-04-2009, 02:01 PM
See, I told you I'd be in trouble!

Comedy? My favorite comedy show right now is Big Bang Theory.

srmb60
02-04-2009, 02:06 PM
How about the odd sock theory? I KNOW I put pairs into the washer!

Slashnl
02-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Thank you Ruth, I needed a laugh. I guess the rest of the posts didn't do it for me.

(I wonder if I'll get in trouble for that comment.)

I have to agree. With a 12 year old boy, I get enough bodily function humor to last me a lifetime.
That was a good one, Ruth!

bargoo
02-04-2009, 03:14 PM
In an effort to bring culture to this motley crew, let me introduce a little Redneck humor.
You are a redneck when you take your dog for a walk and you both use the same tree.
You are a redneck when you think The Nutcracker is something that happens on the high dive.
You are a red neck when your grandmother puts "Ammo" on her Christmas List..........

PearFreak
02-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Love the redneck humor Bargoo.

Here's another one:
You know you are a redneck if your dad walks you to school, because you are in the same grade.

and another:

One day Bob finally decided that 10 kids was enough so he went to his doctor in Alabama to see what is doctor could do from stopping him from having anymore kids. His doctor said well Bob take a cherry bomb put it in your right hand and count to 10 on your fingers. Bob wasnt so sure about this so he went to a doctor up north in Washington. He asked the doctor what do I do I have 10 kids and I dont want anymore. The doctor said well the proceedure will take about an hour see what we do is cut your... wait a minute where did you say you were from asked the doctor. Alabama said Bob. O said the doctor well then take a cherry bomb put it in your right hand and count to 10 on your fingers. So when Bob got back home he decided to try this. He took a cherry bomb put it in his right hand and started counting, 1 2 3 4 5 put the cherry bomb betweeb his legs to count on the other hand, 6 7 8 9 10 BOOM!!! no more kids!

bargoo
02-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Funny!
And You might be a redneck if your brother in law is also your uncle,
You might be a redneck if you think a quarterhorse is a ride in front of K Mart.
You might be a redneck if you come back from the dump with more than you took.

PearFreak
02-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Oh those are good ones.

I have a few more:

You might be a redneck if...
You think the last words to the Star Spangled Banner are "Play Ball..."
Your wife's best shoes have steel toes.
You use your fishing license as a form of I.D.
You own a home that is mobile and 5 cars that aren'tYou have the local taxidermist's number on speed dial.

Ruthxxx
02-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Wal eff'n yo' pow'ful be hankerin' me t'talk redneck, ah can does it pow'ful fine! Fry mah hide! ah live in th' Kinadian wilderness, yo' know.

PearFreak
02-04-2009, 04:51 PM
That's quite a mouthful Ruth.

bargoo
02-04-2009, 04:58 PM
And you might be a red neck if
Your house doesn't have curtains but your truck does
or
You refer to the fifth grade as your senior year
or
You can entertain yourself for more than an hour with a flyswatter.

PearFreak
02-04-2009, 05:04 PM
Ok a few more, seeing as I am helping with the countdown and all. LOL!

You might be redneck if:
Today's dinner was too slow crossing the highway yesterday.
You shop for groceries at a gas station.
You think you are an entrepreneur because of the "Dirt for Sale" sign in the front yard.
You have to curl the sides of your cowboy hat so your wife can fit in the truck.

JuliaDH
02-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Songs that get stuck in my head ABBA!

No more carefree laughter
Silence ever after
Walking through an empty house, tears in my eyes
Here is where the story ends, this is goodbye

Knowing me, knowing you (ah-haa)
There is nothing we can do
We just have to face it, this time were through
(this time were through, this time were through
This time were through, were really through)
Breaking up is never easy, I know but I have to go
(I have to go this time
I have to go, this time I know)
Knowing me, knowing you
Its the best I can do

Memries (memries), good days (good days), bad days (bad days)
Theyll be (theyll be), with me (with me) always (always)
In these old familiar rooms children would play
Now theres only emptiness, nothing to say

There is nothing we can do
We just have to face it, this time were through
(this time were through, this time were through
This time were through, were really through)
Breaking up is never easy, I know but I have to go
(I have to go this time
I have to go, this time I know)
Knowing me, knowing you
Its the best I can do

alinnell
02-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Did you know there is a vodka brand calledEffen Vodka?

PearFreak
02-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Eeeps, there is.... thanks Allison, now I am going to have to hunt it down and see if it tastes Effen Good. Have you tried it before?

Operator265
02-04-2009, 08:52 PM
I've tried it. It's OK.

If your family tree doesn't have branches
You consider Dale Earnhardt's Birthday a paid holiday(I miss him)
Your sister's virginity is a result of her being able to outrun her seven brothers
And, I thought the last words to the Star Spangled Banner were, "Gentlemen, start you engines."

Karen31
02-04-2009, 09:01 PM
I Love Nascar too!! Budweiser Shootout on Saturday! YAY!! I've already got the schedule printed out and sitting by the TV!!

bargoo
02-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Julia, that song is sooo sad!

JuliaDH
02-04-2009, 09:14 PM
I know...but ABBA just gets stuck in my mind. Even if I switch the radio. If I hear just a few bars of a song will be stuck in my head for hours.

bargoo
02-04-2009, 09:19 PM
How to tell if you might be a "High Tech Redneck"
If your e-mail address ends in "overyonder.com"
If you ever used an AOL CD-Rom as a coaster for your beer.
If you connect to the World Wide Web via a "Down Home Page"

Operator265
02-04-2009, 09:36 PM
ABBA is evil.:witch2:

When I was about 13 my aunt asked me what I wanted for my Bday. I told her I wanted AC/DC's "Back in Black". Well, she couldn't find it. She got me ABBA's Greatest Hits instead.:rolleyes: I'm all set to get "Shook All Night Long" but NOOOOOO! Instead, I'm diggin' the "Dancing Queen".:p

Now, don't get me wrong, ABBA is decent enough to listen to on the radio, but, AC/DC rocks my world.

JuliaDH
02-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Do you have the game Rockband? We picked up the ACDC version and it is so fun watching the kids do TNT. But in all honesty DH & I get the most use of it. Our current challange is the Jack.

WebRover
02-04-2009, 10:00 PM
199, 301 to go

Or to use Billmath, 200, 300 to go!

Operator265
02-04-2009, 11:11 PM
Well I tried to wait so Bill could feed his OCD, but......

Hey ya Web.:wave: So, do ya got the full "Useless Stats" run down on TKV yet? Huh, huh, do ya, huh?

300 to go.

EZMONEY
02-04-2009, 11:34 PM
Speaking of which, where are EZ and Bill?:chin:

HEY! I got up at 3:30am....went to work 90 miles away then came home...walked the dogs and took a shower...had dinner and conversation with Angie....so :p

nox·ious (nkshs)
adj.

How about the 6-9 guys we had in the apartment last week! Talk about a blow out!

Operator265
02-04-2009, 11:39 PM
How about the 6-9 guys we had in the apartment last week! Talk about a blow out!

Ya shoulda been at the mine on the 31st. We had Mexican brought in for a retirement. About 80-100 guys were full of beans.:eek:

srmb60
02-05-2009, 12:24 AM
Evening folks!

BillBlueEyes
02-05-2009, 05:13 AM
Speaking of Mexican, ABBA, and ear worms,Now we're old and grey Fernando
since many years
I haven't seen a rifle in your hand
can you hear the drums Fernando?
Do you still recall the fateful night
we crossed the Rio Grande?
I can see it in your eyes
how proud you were to fight
for freedom in this land

JuliaDH
02-05-2009, 08:37 AM
:D:hug:GOOD MORNING!:p:hug:

Operator265
02-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Speaking of Mexican, worms.....

and Sammy Hagar,

One shot...Hey, mas tequila
Two shots...Que veneno
Three shots...Arriba, mas tequila :hat:

My trick for driving out ear worms - start singing a more powerful song that you love. I'm pretty evil about "Ear Worming" my boss at the end of shift. Stuck him on "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" for an entire weekend once.:devil: He tried for the next two weeks to get even with me. Can't do that to someone raised on a healthy diet of Led Zepplin, AeroSmith and Iron Maiden.:snooty:

Operator265
02-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Morning Julia. My DD has "Guitar Hero" but I never really got into it.

PearFreak
02-05-2009, 11:22 AM
Oh some NASCAR fans... this could get interesting. Who do you all root for?

srmb60
02-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Morning!

I have to watch Nascar because I live with a houseful of fans. I like Jeff ... he's just toooo cute! My morning coffee is in a Sterlin' Marlin mug. Michael is hilarious. Who doesn't love Kenny Schrader?

alinnell
02-05-2009, 12:20 PM
My DH is a big Nascar fan--he follows Jeff Gordon. He even had #24 on his own race cars. We've since sold the race cars. That is a very, very expensive hobby.

Vodka is vodka and Effen vodka is just effen expensive (although their black cherry flavor sounds interesting).

PearFreak
02-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Loving the rendition on the Vodka Allison.

Well, I come from a Huge NASCAR family. Been following it ... forever. Being as our family is so big many of the racers we follow/like are different then others in the family. but it is all in fun when we dog the others driver. Almost like we own them --- hahaha. And no I am NOT a redneck. I don't live in a mobil home, and I have all my teeth, my name isn't May Billy Bobby Sue.

So for our drivers we favor: Tony Stewart (hoping he does well this season on his own), Kevin Harvick, Dale JR, and my oldest adores Kyle Bush. My bil is a Gordon fan, and we've always love dogging him... but now that him and JR are on the same team I can't do it as much.

JuliaDH
02-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Its sunny and cold here today! I am on rusy/busy day today! It helps keep warm!

Operator265
02-05-2009, 02:21 PM
OMG!!! I actually did my hair and put on make up today. I really do still know how to use the stuff.:eek: Probably still won't help with my Driver's License photo, but I can try.:D

I'm still waiting for Dale Earnhardt to finish partying with Jim Morrison and Elvis so he can come back to us.:^:

bargoo
02-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Gee, Pear, Who said you were a redneck? I am not a redneck either but I like to laugh. I'll take laughter over tears anyday

srmb60
02-05-2009, 02:30 PM
It must be in the air. Today will be three days in a row that I've worn make-up to work.

alinnell
02-05-2009, 02:48 PM
My neighbor is often in awe of me because I always wear (eye) makeup and have my hair done. On the weekends, too! Good thing she doesn't usually see me at 4:30 AM!

PearFreak
02-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Gee, Pear, Who said you were a redneck? I am not a redneck either but I like to laugh. I'll take laughter over tears anyday

No, no, no, I just wanted to Clarify that I wasn't one. You know being a fan of NASCAR and all. I love laughter.... way better then tears. Tears ruin my contacts. I have to ditch them after a day of crying for a new pair. Laughter... well it burns calories. Hehehehehehe!!! :D

Operator265
02-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Make up didn't work. My picture still looks like crap. My final goal reward will be jowl removal surgery.:mad:

alinnell
02-05-2009, 05:34 PM
The older I get the more jowly I get. It's a family thing.

JuliaDH
02-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Referring back to Red Green. He might have a trick to solve the jowl problem. Duct tape will be the main ingredient. That man has amazing worksmanship with duct tape.

Operator265
02-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Oh yeah, it's genetic. My mom had it and she was never more than 15 lbs. overweight if that. Sure, I get my eyes, cheekbones, hair color, body type and almost everything else from my dad's side. So what do I get from my mom? Her freaking jowls!!!!!:tantrum:

Slashnl
02-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Quick vote on Nascar: LOVED Earnhardt Sr, so I just gravitated to Dale Jr. Hubby gravitated to Kevin Harvick.

JuliaDH
02-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Gonna kick back and catch up on idol tonight.

Hattie22
02-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Wow! I have been gone since page 5!!! I had a lot of reading and laughing to do!

Greetings Goddess Operator: Thanks for the role of Executioner! I will do a good job...I promise. Anyone in mind yet?

Laughed my way through all the redneck jokes. Gagged my way through all the fart mentions. Ruth's NYT quotes were great!!! I am copying and bringing to work tomorrow!

Nascar: I agree with Slash...Dale Jr. is who I always root for.

I can't remember much more than that....except Bargoo thinks we are boring and has been boycotting us.
boy·cott (boikt)
tr.v. boy·cott·ed, boy·cott·ing, boy·cotts
To abstain from or act together in abstaining from using, buying, or dealing with as an expression of protest or disfavor or as a means of coercion.

I bet a couple here could come up with a few good definitions of their own. Come on Bargoo... entertain us!

bargoo
02-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Hattie, notice who started the redneck jokes?

BillBlueEyes
02-05-2009, 08:38 PM
...275 to go.

Welcome back Hattie22 and her dog with the guilt producing eyes.

G'day to Goddess Operator and to all the necks posting on this illustrious thread, of whatever color.

EZMONEY
02-05-2009, 09:17 PM
Oh some NASCAR fans... this could get interesting. Who do you all root for?

Everybody's favorite...Kyle Busch ;)...kidding!

It must be in the air. Today will be three days in a row that I've worn make-up to work.

Thank-you :)

My neighbor is often in awe of me because I always wear (eye) makeup and have my hair done. On the weekends, too! Good thing she doesn't usually see me at 4:30 AM!

Thank-you too!

Angie "wearing make-up" works for me too ;)

FAVORITE NASCAR DRIVER(s) ~ Denny... and our local boy Jimmie....of course!

Karen31
02-05-2009, 09:29 PM
I like Jeff Gordon of course and also Jamie McMurray since he is a Joplin boy!!

JuliaDH
02-06-2009, 12:27 AM
Slow night 2 night. Must be good prime time tv on. Not that I watched any as I fell asleep on the couch again!

srmb60
02-06-2009, 12:30 AM
Hi honeys. I'm home!

JuliaDH
02-06-2009, 08:13 AM
:cheer3:Good Morning:cheer3:
:carrot:Its Friday!:carrot:

(44.66666666666666666667 Posts a day left to make until Susan goes on mission!)

PearFreak
02-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Morning EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helping to contribute to the post count today.

srmb60
02-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Morning!

Karen31
02-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Good Morning!!

Slashnl
02-06-2009, 12:31 PM
A beautiful day in the neighborhood. I guess we might get some rain/snow this weekend, but nice today.

JuliaDH
02-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Still doin' my Happy Friday Dance.

Weather here it to warm up! And rain tomorrow! Maybe that will wash away some of our 150 cm of snow & salt!

alinnell
02-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Not only is it morning but it is FRIDAY!!!!

PearFreak
02-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Not a busy thread today- huh?

JuliaDH
02-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Hannah Montana Time. My kids are desiring snuggles. So here I go think I can sneak my ipod in my ears and they wont notice.

srmb60
02-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Wasn't home. Went shopping for the orphans. Tooooo much fun!

Of course now I'm exhausted and the housework is still all here.

Hattie22
02-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Good afternoon or evening.

I am on vacation!!! Schools are great!! This is our winter vacation. I am not going anywhere fancy though. Probably just hangin out and getting stuff done around the house. Maybe I will even change my avatar since it is bugging some people (BILL)

Greetings Goddess Operator
Any jobs for the royal executioner today?

Susan: When are you leaving?

Bargoo: I can't think of anything entertaining or humorous to say so skip over this one.

I will check in later....

JuliaDH
02-06-2009, 07:23 PM
:yawn::blah::blah:

Slashnl
02-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Just got back from the Goodwill. I took today off to do some cleaning out in my storage room. Our vacation time and personal days start over March 1st, and I have some days left, so thought it was a good thing to do. Boy am I tired. One would think that one wouldn't let their storage room get that bad.

It's really hard to get rid of old toys!!!!

JuliaDH
02-06-2009, 09:04 PM
I always struggle with the kids adorable clothes. The really cute ones I make sure I get lots of pic when the are wearing them!

EZMONEY
02-06-2009, 09:35 PM
HATTIE ~Angie gets a break from school in a couple of weeks...16th-20th....after all she hasn't had any time off since MLK Day and Christmas...teachers...what a racket....wink

Good you can get your kids to wear clothes JULIA!....when my son was younger he FLAT refused to wear long pants...pretty much still does at 27!

bargoo
02-06-2009, 09:39 PM
What's the differance between chopped beef and pea soup?
Anyone can chop beef but not everyone can pea soup.

JuliaDH
02-06-2009, 10:44 PM
I love reading the odd news pages in the news. Today provided a rare view of university life.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/090206/oddities/britain_science_education_philippines_offbeat

JuliaDH
02-06-2009, 10:46 PM
And this one makes me want to visit this honest state.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/090206/koddities/oddity_cash_return

WebRover
02-06-2009, 11:13 PM
One more and we're halfway through!!!!

EZMONEY
02-07-2009, 12:19 AM
Since we are halfway then you are worthy of this.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42E2fAWM6rA