Old 01-31-2009, 03:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/227/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Starting WW Sunday

Hi everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself here and say that I've decided to start WW on Sunday. First meeting is at 1. I've done WW in the past but never had great success. I've been doing low carb since the day after Christmas and I've lost 18 pounds. The problem with low carb is that I'm so restricted with everything I eat. If I cheat at all, I've completely blown my whole diet and then I feel horribly guilty.
I also know this is a lifestyle change I can live without unlike the low carb way. I would never be able to eat normal again and I don't think I could take that.
Does anyone have any good advice that has helped them along the way?
I can't wait to get to know some of you!

Paige
plp0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 05:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 201.8/155.2/158

Height: 5 7

Congratulations and Good Luck at weight watchers on sunday, I find staying and participating in the meetings helps me. Ask lots of questions you co members are a wealth of information and inspiration for you. I also find what I bring in the house is just as important as what I eat meaning there is no junkfood if I have ice cream it is either WW or Skinny Cow/ It is funny I did not have to have chocolate or junkfood on a daily basis before but what I would do is binge so I find having something chocolate everyday and a ww desert or skinny cow for desert after dinner keeps most of my cravings at bay and then I do get those cravings. Eat all your points avalable to you, you as your body downsizes so does your points range if you deprive yourself in the begining by not using all of them it will be harder when you have less points. Keep moving I am not saying you have to run out and join a gym or get equiptment for your house but maybe next time you go to the store park at the end of the lot not infront everything helps. You'll do GREAT
cdawnfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:48 AM   #3  
forgetting the past

Height: 5'3

Welcome! I'd say buy deluxe kit. It comes with two dvds, one on how to cook better and one for exercising. It also comes with a food diary ( which i strongly reccommend. I use it every day, its small enough to fit in your purse and its cute) a complete food listing which has all the point values for food,and a dining out guide which has a bunch of resturants and point values. It also comes with a insulated tote bag and then a smaller little insulated bag..and I think its all $35 dollars, and it has 10 dollars in coupons for other items. Its really good considering the books are $10 a piece,the food diary is $7 dollars,and the dvds are also $10 a piece. Its a great deal.

They have a 3 dollar off coupon for stainless steal measuring/serving spoons, which I recommend! They are really nice and you can measure and serve with them and no one will know they're WW measuring spoons.

Also the calculator, its like $10 dollars, its so handy at the supermarket. My mother and I bring it with us and look up the point value before we buy something, and its really good to use instead of using the points slider.
xchampagnedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

Hi,
I started Weight Watchers this past Monday. I'm a former low carber so i am hoping it works well for me. My first weigh in is monday. Hoping for good news.
If you like to cook check out the recipe section. I think for me I will make 2 recipes a week, one I know I like and have made before and a new one. That way I can add variety. Got 2 cooking right now, a chicken and vegggie stew and chicken and dumplins. Anyway I think it is easier that way to experiment a little but not have to cook every meal every day.....
Best wishes. I think you will find you really enjoy a lot of the healthy foods available that are also just a little carby.
***I love that carrotts are a zero point food!!!!
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:55 PM   #5  
A Rose E'er Blooming

S/C/G: 234/234/150

Height: 5'3"

I started today, and hemming and hawing for the longest time. Frankly, I'm sick and tired of the dieting, and am now accepting that this is a lifestyle change. WW seems the best way to go about doing that.
Lillybet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 04:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

It should be a lifestyle change... I find that when I "diet" I lose and then gain back. I don't get anywhere. I put my mind into this frame of "I need to lose weight and keep it off" and I seem to do much better.
WW is great for being able to eat how you want and when you want and what you want. It focuses on healthy eating, activity and taking care of your body through the weight loss journey.
I know that most veggies have calories but I like that they make them 0 points. That helps me to pick them easier when I'm low on points and am hungry. I put a bunch in little baggies and grab a baggie or 2 on my way out or whenever I'm hungry. I snack on veggies through out the day. I don't snack on anything else, except an apple or some other fruit. This helps increase my veggie/fruit intake, keeps my pts low and helps me stay full longer.
When you have a craving, eat some of it. Try not to binge or anything, but have some of it. Don't give yourself substitutes, your body will just keep craving it. I also like when I'm craving something, I'll get a bunch and then take it to family or friend's houses, share it and generally leave it. That way I can have some but its not really in the house. If it is in the house, I limit myself. Right now I'm on a sponge candy kick. Guess what I'm taking to the Superbowl party at my grandpa's house? LOL!!
Reward yourself when you make goals. And I like to change little things too. Like I'm working on increasing my liquid intake. I don't like water, so I've been drinking teas and noncalorie drinks to help. Soon I'm going to start working on doing sit-ups each morning when I wake up. I think I'll start Monday with 10...
baby steps make it a lifestyle change. Make being healthy a habit. Change slowly. When you try to change too much, too fast you lose it.

This site is really awesome for support!! I've also googled WW tips and here are a couple websites with nice tips that I've found useful:
Nicole's WW Site
Alanlight ww tips

Last edited by tdiprincess; 01-31-2009 at 04:08 PM.
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 183/148/125

Height: 5'2

I'm a diabetic so watching my carb intake is essential. I just started ww myself and lost 11 lbs. Where as I couldn't lose a 1lb. So ww is the way to go. Good luck
missjay is offline   Reply With Quote