Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-30-2009, 05:07 PM   #1  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

Default Little Ms. Frustrated

I was supposed to work in the lab and then go to the gym today, neither of which is going to happen and I NEED to do both! My headache has subsided a bit, but my heel is giving me terrible trouble again and I need to stand for long periods of time to do both. Funny, although I am feeling frustrated, I've no desire to eat, so that's good. I think that I'm going to do some stretching and work with my exercise ball so I will have some activity today. Sigh.

It is really frustrating as there always seems to be something beyond my control to try to thwart my progress. At least if it was the internal 'me' or scheduling, I could work around it and do what needs to be done. I feel so helpless at the moment and stressed out. Good think that I created a back-up plan this morning. I have planned to fill my eating with study of some kind. Mostly working on my Spanish/French on Rosetta Stone as it will keep my mind and fingers busy. Given my penchant for nighttime eating, I should be fluent in both within the month! LOL

This was both a cry for help and a sharing post.
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 333.6/ 328 /160

Height: 5.5

my vote to work on the ball and most likely the frustration will go away. some kind of activity. i find that if i sit around while i am frustrated i will stay that way. either get moving some way or laugh it off. that is how i treat my frustration.
mblizzow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:07 PM   #3  

I know how the not feeling good thing gets in the way. I've had a four day migraine.. I did manage to work out one of the four days..but havent much felt like doing anything most nights.
mouse37sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 333.6/ 328 /160

Height: 5.5

mostly it has been really cold here and it makes me want to hibernate.
mblizzow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:10 PM   #5  
Excavation in Progress

Yes, the ball is OUT! Just had dinner and did some stretching. As soon as hubby leaves for work, the kids will have some great entertainment. Hope I can stay on the ball. lol

Blizz I actually like the cold. It stimulates me to move.

Mouse: poor thing! I had just a headache, not a migraine and could barely stand it. I'm such a baby that I can't imagine ever having a migraine.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Archychick, I was just going on about how life gets in the way. I was wanting to go to they gym put the roads are getting bad fast so I had to skip it tonight, I am going to do some ab work, but it isn't like the workout at the gym. Anyway I understand how it makes you fell when life thinks that they own us.
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:22 PM   #7  
Excavation in Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglez View Post
when life thinks that they own us.
I like that. I often say that 'Life takes me hostage'. LOL

It won't though! Tonight I worked out on my ball - I forgot how that damn thing feels GREAT on my lower back! I also took the reigns and worked on the stuff I couldn't do in the lab. I feel great now. Planned out my week and didn't lie down!

It's strange about my heel. I lost 20 lbs this past Summer (of course gained it back when I returned to my family) and it still hurt the same as before. Being lighter didn't seem to help. It's a catch 22 - I need to work out so I'm lighter so my heel won't BUT (excuse my big but), I can't work out because my heel hurts. I do confess that contrary to doctor's orders I have worked out in pain and probably will do so again.

Hey, whatever we do is better than doing nothing, no? YES!

Water anyone?
Old 01-31-2009, 07:04 AM   #8  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! Heel pain isn't necessarily something you shouldn't "work through," especially against your doctor's orders. Check with a podiatrist--it could be that you need a heel insert in that shoe, and that you need to rest it completely so it doesn't keep flaring up and get worse.

This isn't football where you're being paid the big bucks to play with a broken wrist...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

I agree with Jay you do need to get that checked out. It is better safe that sorry.
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:14 PM   #10  

I agree - see a podiatrist. Heel pain has a number of causes - it's not always plantar fasciitis. But it is usually very treatable.
Seattle Podiatrist is offline   Reply With Quote