Old 01-29-2009, 04:12 PM   #1  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Question Been Away

Hello Everyone! I've been away for a while now and my weight certainly shows it I'm sure there are some new folks but I saw some familiar names and faces when I went searching for the right plan to get started back on. I started LA in February 07 and lost about 67 lbs. I've put about 32 of them back on YIKES Things started down hill for me with the new plans...just could never get focused on it like I should have been. Then of course the center closed and I was out of lites. BUT I've pulled out my old purple book and am making my grocery list so I'll be ready to jump on the wagon again starting Monday. I don't have lites and am not crazy about the substitutes so I'm thinking that I might want to do red without lites. I add 1/2 protein and 1 starch,with the same portion sizes as the purple plan........CORRECT????? I'm hoping visiting this site will help keep on track!

Have a great day!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:46 PM   #2  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Hi Katy Welcome back!

I am using the Special K protien bars they are very similar to lites! I have tried two kinds Chocolately Chip and Choclate and peanut butter! YUM!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:42 PM   #3  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey katy! welcome back! good to see you!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi Katy, Welcome back. Red without Lites sounds like a plan, or you could go back and forth using purple with lites and red without, depending on what you felt like. Without any COD you make the rules for your own diet world.
Personally I use all kinds of different bars. As long as it has a fair amount of protein and is around 180 calories, I'll try it. Just today I had a Kashi Go Lean bar and a Diabetes bar... both from Costco. I do Zone Perfect, Luna's, and sometimes these crazy pretzel things from Costco. Variety is important to me. I got bored with just the Luna bars all the time.

Hey at least you kept off 35 pounds! That is not some small accomplishment.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:44 PM   #5  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Welcome back Katy! There are quite a few of us who are dusting off and ready to start again! We are here to help you. Best of luck!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:58 AM   #6  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylou7777 View Post
Welcome back Katy! There are quite a few of us who are dusting off and ready to start again! We are here to help you. Best of luck!
Yep, I am losing my 50 lbs all over again as well! Welcome back!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:04 AM   #7  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the warm welcome back and advice. I had wondered about doing purple with lites some days and red without others. Sometimes I really want that "snack" with the bars but other days I'm not interested.

Congrats Jillian on the baby, I know you are thrilled and you look great!

I'll jump in the threads a little later.
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:06 AM   #8  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Welcome back Katy!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:13 AM   #9  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, welcome back, Katy. When you were posting last time we had a few Katy or Katies It is good to have you back
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Hey Katy, I find that I personally do a little better on the bars losing weight, but I've run out of bars on days when it would be hard to get to the store before work, and just improvised for a couple of days going up a plan for a short time and then back down. I don't think it is ideal really, but it is better than the alternative of just saying to myself no bars... food free for all.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote