General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2002, 09:55 AM   #1  

Talking hello i am new

Hello everyone, I have been doing alot of praying and alot of looking for the right thing to do as far as weightloss and this morining i ended up here some how I was thinking of doing atkins, sugarbuster etc. but i just cant bring myself to do it. I want a life change not just a temperary change.
I am 31 I am 5'3 and weigh 178.0 i would love to get to 130.0.
I also have highbloodpressure, high cholest. and they told me i had the starting of hardening of the ateries ! So i need to do this to live. Please help ! I know this journey I have to do myself but I really need some friends that can help me.
I have all my weight watcher stuff so I can do that at home. I love going to the meetings but just dont have the extra funds right now to go.
so i would love to start your group and be apart of a new friendship Dawna
Old 05-16-2002, 10:42 AM   #2  

Hi Dawna!

I am 30 and 5' 3" and have a simlar final goal weight in mind. I wish you the best of luck -- I know you'll be great at whatever plan you decide is best for you!

I'm sure the nice people in the weight watchers groups will cheer you on!
Old 05-21-2002, 12:39 PM   #3  

Hi Dawna,
I am new here too, I started doing the Winning Points on WW on my own - a group of us at work were supposed to start the program in our building, but that didn't come about.
SO, I started doing it on my own - a friend gave me the slider and I got info out of her books - she did attend meetings and helped me on how to go about it and " VOILA"
I have lost 28 lbs since 2-1-02. YIPPEE!!! - SO IT CAN BE DONE.
I've already reached my first 10%.
The best thing about WW is that I never feel deprived, I can eat anything... (especially chocolate ) but I count everything and keep a journal everyday.
So since you already have the info - go with it.
It's not a "diet" in my view - it does change how you view food, in the long run it is a permanent change.
Getting Healthier is much easier when you don't feel like you can't have this or that.

I have been reading alot on these posts , and find everyone is
so supportive - so I thought I'd jump and and say WELCOME!

Angie

252/224/160?
Old 05-21-2002, 08:46 PM   #4  

Red face weight watchers

People are probably tired of hearing me say it in the chat room but hey it is working. It works around my schedule. That means I know it will work for you.

Keep coming here for the best support group you can find! I have really enjoyed "meeting" all the nice ladies I talk to. It helps to have someone to talk to that is in the same boat.

Sunnygirl
Old 05-22-2002, 10:11 AM   #5  

Hi Dawna
I am 31 5'2" and I have weighed 178 too. I started my diet in March f this year and my weigh in was 176 then.

I am doing WW at home, I have all the books from wehn I joined before. I don't attend meeting due to funds as you.

It is working for me, just being able to watch what I eat. The difference this time which took ALOT of willpower was I incoorperated exercise into this time.

Mainly walking. I do other exercises when I get sick of walking or just for a change, I joined a little community gym which was only 30.00 a month. But now I don't live in the same town (or province for that matter) and due to funds once again I can't join a gym. So now I am still walking but I will be dusting off my tae bo tapes soon and trying that.
You can check out my website to see what worked for me. I have links for the foods I keep stocked and what I do for exercise, I hope this helps.....GOOD LUCK
My WEBSITE
Old 05-22-2002, 11:30 AM   #6  

wow thanks kimmie for helping me get motivated after yesterday of splurging.
i weigh in on fridays and if i don get back on track im gonna have a gain this friday not a loss.
i loved your website it looks so neat .
thanks again for all of the welcomes i have recevied
Closed Thread