Old 01-29-2009, 02:43 PM   #1  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

Question my body is confusing me

i'm pretty depressed right now cause i don't know whats going on with the scale. i've been weighing 193.4 for about a week. i got on the scale yesterday and it said 194. today it said 195. i dont get it. i've been eating on plan, and i have actually up'd my teadmill to time from 30 min. to 1 hour. (walking, jogging for 10 min., 2 min. sprints) i am so confused and frustrated and soooo not motivated. ????
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:48 PM   #2  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I would suggest 2 things:
Don't weigh yourself daily right now, as daily fluctuations are bothering you

Take measurements. Especially since you are exercising, which can cause water retention. Measurements show a true weight/fat loss when those change even though the scale stays the same.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:29 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Have you read the Water Weight and Scale Fluctuations sticky in the Weight Loss Support forum?

Fluctuations are normal. Changing your exercise routine is one of the biggest causes that bugs me...I start working way harder, and my scale goes UP! But it's swelling and its temporary.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 251.5/162/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberlover View Post
I would suggest 2 things:
Don't weigh yourself daily right now, as daily fluctuations are bothering you

Take measurements. Especially since you are exercising, which can cause water retention. Measurements show a true weight/fat loss when those change even though the scale stays the same.
ITA. Track your measurements so you can see your progress & keep motivated when the number on the scale seems to plateau. I am also obsessive about getting on the scale but I try not to get upset & tell myself that real change shows itself over weeks, not days.
amyk0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:12 PM   #5  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

It's really, really typical for my weight to level out for a week to ten days and go nowhere, but just bobble around a range. Then usually there is a sudden drop of a few pounds over a few days. I am expecting just such a drop probably tomorrow or the day after, having now been at the same weight for a week.

I think it's good to look at the scale weight every day, but counter-productive to think that one day's weight, or even a whole week of weights, actually means anything.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:19 PM   #6  

Height: 5ft6'

You should stick to weighing yourself no more than weekly and try to do it same time. Like always in the AM.
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:19 PM   #7  
FB

To weigh in everyday and not record the information to use is only going to serve to make you nuts! There are a zillion free graphs available online for the purpose of daily weigh ins, and you'll easily be able to see your real trend - over a period of time - rather than focus on the day to day.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 249.9/ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

Do you move your scale around? I know when I weighed in the other day that I was surprised. I got on and it said 224.5, and I was in shock! I got on it 3 times to make sure, because my last weigh-in I was 231.5. Anyway, then I moved the scale a tiny bit over, and it said 229, moved it again and it said 227, then 228. So annoying! So, I am just going by 229, and I am not going to move that scale an inch. I thought my bathroom floor was pretty level, but obviously not.
autumns19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:22 PM   #9  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I gained 3 lbs over night staying OP this week. I'm back down to only 1 lb over now, but I think (TMI COMING) that I was not drinking enough water for the amoutn of fiber that I was eating if you know what I mean.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:57 PM   #10  
yes girl

thanks for all the info. and support ladies! i just got done with my workout and i feel better. i do weigh in the same spot, time, etc. i have tried before to weigh once a week but it is sooooo hard for me to wait that long.

fb- i will look into a chart. i wasnt aware of this. thanks.
mandalinn82- no i havent been to that section, but i will go there. again, something i was not aware of (swelling)

this is the first time in my adult life trying to lose weight, so i am learning a lot. i am enjoying it though. thanks for all the guidance!

Last edited by onestar; 01-29-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:46 AM   #11  
yes girl

yeah...so i'm still at 193 basically. i think i need to stop eating at night. i don't eat real late, but the latest i eat is 9. i seem to have more success that way. that is going to be hard for me to do. and my treadmill is about to go out i think. i'm scared to get on it cause i think it's overheating. the incline already went out. and today my cousin wants me to go babysit her baby cause she has the flu and cant get out of bed. i don't know how i will have the time to workout today unless my mom takes my baby tonight. but she did that last friday. i dunno. worried.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:10 AM   #12  
forgetting the past

Height: 5'3

Trust me, its normal for your weight to fluctuate between a pound. I do that ALL the time, but at the end of the week I end up losing more than my goal of two pounds!
xchampagnedream is offline   Reply With Quote