Old 01-29-2009, 08:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Default newbie here!!

Hey ladies i just wanted to introduce myself .. my names Julia i have two children Haley is 6 and Nicholas is 2 .. I'm in desperate need to lose weight I'm sick of being big .. ive been lurking on here for a few days now and so many of you have inspired me to join in .. I've decided to do the calorie counting and hopefully i cant stick w/ it .. I've done WW in the past and i did really well but i got sick of figuring points for everything and the friend doing it w/ me decided to do weight loss surgery so when she quit i just kind of quit and i gained back all i had lost and then some!! but im ready for this change ..
haleysmommy5402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:58 AM   #2  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Good luck! Keep us updated
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250+/200?/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi haleysmommy5402! Welcome!
Annie Pele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/206/125

Good Luck! I'm also new here and decided to count calories. I considered doing the South Beach Diet but I think if I got into that I would have been setting myself up for faliure. At least if you count calories you can eat whatever you want. Just at some point you have to stop eating I guess. ha ha You can do this! I can't wait to get to know you better and read your posts.
JennyK22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/180

Welcome, I'm another new poster, although not that new to counting calories. I've been using the daily plate off and on for about a year and I really have learned a lot about what I had been eating. Calorie counting is a great way to be accountable and see where my weak spots are!
pferde01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:30 AM   #6  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

hi welcome! I've only been here about a motnh but I'm additeced! this place has been a huge asset to me and my weight loss! yo ufeel lie kyou have a whoel team cheering you on! it helps so much! they help with ideas, help you get over hurdles, can relate to your pain, etc.. I'm new to calorie countign still this is my first attempt at it too and so far it's been wonderful! I thin kwe all made the right choice by choosing calorie counting! good look on your new healthy lifestyle were all here for you!
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:35 AM   #7  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

Welcome! I'm new too, but don't feel it after only 24 hrs. There is ALOT of change going on here and it's exciting!
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 04:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: CW 158 GW 125 Ideal 120

Height: 5'4

Hi Haley, welcome and this forum rocks! calorie counting is what works for me I've done the atkins and it just didnt work for me I gained the weight back so counting calories has worked.

It can and will work for you too!!! Good Luck and remember this forum is very supportive and so much great advice
negrita75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:04 AM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I ADORE calorie counting. I think it is the very best longterm solution for losing weight - and keeping it off. Wanting to make the most from every precious calorie has forced me to choose good, healthy, nutritious foods with LOTS of volume. It is the only thing that forces me to keep my portions firmly in check and tells me when to stop eating.

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 01-31-2009 at 08:05 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote