Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-28-2009, 03:35 PM   #1  
I will be positive

S/C/G: 224/183/135

Height: 5'4"

Default totallly surreal

well, I havent posted a lot since I went home after my step dads accident. That just caused a snowball of events that sent me right into a deep depression. I ended up throwing myself into my job and taking on another job. I tried to keep myself busy hoping it would all go away, but guess what, it didn't. I have suffered from depression since I was a teenager so I know this very well, but unfortunately its the way I cope until it all falls in on me. Which it always does and then I break down and go to the doc and get back on my meds. But through it all I managed to stay on plan, it was the one thing I had control over, and i'm really glad I do....but now the surreal part...

Back before my step dads accident I started work at Curves (the woman's gym), after 2 months of turning it down I gave in. well, I do my workout every morning at 8:00am so I see almost the same people all the time, and I work every evening and again, see all the same people. My neighbor and her friend come in all the time and they are very chatty. My neighbor said she noticed I had been losing some weight and I said yes 30 pounds...well, then I started getting the "how much have you lost" question from the morning ladies. My weight loss has become such a HUGE thing there. People that normally just came in and did their workout and never talked other than to say hi are coming up to me asking if I'm the one that has lost the 41 pounds (43 as of today tee hee hee). It is so weird. Its almost like being the local hero. I stand in the middle of the circuit and people come in and ask "how much now?" Its such a rush. It's very exciting but very very strange. Since then I have been handed the weight management program to run (on my own) and been ask to be the assistant manager and to train for manager so I can take over next year when the manager leaves...Next year is a long ways away so I will definitely not put all my eggs into that basket..but things like this never happen to me. I'm the one thats always, and I mean always passed over for promotions. I'm a very hard worker but very opinionated when it comes to things not running properly. But I have a wonderful manager and this place runs great so I havent found a need to complain, but the manager does ask my opinion and doesnt look at me as if I stepped on her toes when I give it to her.

I love this website, it has done wonders for me, and I felt from the beginning that I had made myself accountable when I started posting here. Almost as if "I cant turn back now, people will know". Now I have over 400 sets of eyes watching daily. Talk about accountability. Now there's definitely no way I can give up, cant disappoint the members. It gives many of them hope, because they can see a real person doing it with just diet and exercise. I told DH I feel like a celebrity. Like I was on The Biggest Loser or something. Too surreal.

Thanks to all who spent minutes of their life they will never get back just to read this, but i really want to thank all those that gave me great advice when I was dealing with my step daughter and her weight. I'm sorry I never made it back on then to thank you for your advice and support. It was just a really difficult time, but things are definitely looking up.
inspired by you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:12 PM   #2  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Sorry I can't write much this very moment, I only scanned your post while finishing up my lunch but here is THUMBS UP to you!!!!
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/173.5/165(for now)

Height: 5'8"

Gloria, your post brought tears to my eyes - I know that sometimes life really seems to dump on us(sorry to hear of your stepdad), but in spite of that, you have managed to find that golden center! Congrats on the great things happening for you in work and weight!!! Continued blessings, dear heart, and thank you for the smile and sunshine! We so seldom hear of the "good" things in these times, so it's a delight that you share this with us
judipurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:18 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

How marvelous for you!!! What a wonderful feeling. Looks like all your hard work has truly paid off - in so many ways. Keep on enjoying all those well deserved accolades.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Wow, that's neat! Obviously they know a good thing when they see it.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Bravo! That is such great news! A second job at Curves? That'll definitely help motivate you to keep losing weight! Keep going!
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote