General chatter - I wish I was as "fat" as Jessica Simpson!

K8-EEE
01-28-2009, 03:31 PM
http://omg.yahoo.com/photos/waiting-for-a-star-to-fall/2617

Granted the outfit is ugly and not very flattering....but the hoopla about her being overweight, what the ****.

In general, I'm sick of the whole anorexic media and their obsession on celeb's bodies! The same goes for Jennifer Love Hewitt "fat" bikini shots. Excuse me?? How many women look that good in a bikini, in photos, which add a few pounds.

No wonder American women are so messed up about eating and weight issues, we get pounded with all these insane standards (some of which, like toothpick lady with giant boobs, are only achievable by surgery.)

LanMyers
01-28-2009, 03:37 PM
That outfit she is wearing is SO unflattering. 80's mom pants, yikes. Make them go away. And you are right, she's not fat, Tyra Banks will have something to say about this! Byarg!

cooperistic
01-28-2009, 03:45 PM
That is absolutely absurd. Like yes, the pants don't really do her justice but anyone can see that she isn't overweight!!

kelly315
01-28-2009, 03:46 PM
What a horrible outfit. But I agree with you, the standards of beauty are sickening.

kittycat40
01-28-2009, 03:47 PM
[QUOTE=K8-EEE;2581380]http://omg.yahoo.com/photos/waiting-for-a-star-to-fall/2617

In general, I'm sick of the whole anorexic media and their obsession on celeb's bodies! The same goes for Jennifer Love Hewitt "fat" bikini shots. Excuse me?? How many women look that good in a bikini, in photos, which add a few pounds.
QUOTE]

dija see her lately?? back to boney.

TJFitnessDiva
01-28-2009, 03:50 PM
I love Jessica Simpson's shape, she looks healthy to me :) I loved her sister's reaction in her blog!

You are right though...that outfit is nasty and her stylist needs to be slapped.

K8-EEE
01-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Yeah that was disappointing, JLH did this whole "I am not fat I love my body thing" and then 2 months later is on some the cover of some rag with the title "how I lost 18 pounds in 4 weeks" or something.....:dizzy:

[QUOTE=K8-EEE;2581380]http://omg.yahoo.com/photos/waiting-for-a-star-to-fall/2617

QUOTE]

dija see her lately?? back to boney.

katyp
01-28-2009, 03:59 PM
......rant alert......

you know what makes me angry, it was in a paper over here in UK, the page next to it was a story about a 18 year old girl who committed suicide because she said she would never look as attractive as movie stars, and it was written with the tone off, look whats happening to our young woman....AND THEN they print this picture of an attractive NORMAL woman and make comment about how she has let herself go. I find it disgraceful. Its one off the reasons I don't read gossip blogs etc, as they just jump on any sort of flaw people have and I realized that the only way this would stop is if people stopped reading them.....

sorry...rant over....

wchs2007
01-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Yep... Just to be as heavy as Jessica... Really a dream come true for me..
I am so sick of our media...

lizziep
01-29-2009, 02:58 AM
those are some unfortunate pants that i'd be thrilled to look like "crap" in.

sick to death of stuff like this. the media is ridiculous.

lalique
01-29-2009, 05:03 AM
And now I know why all I watch is tv land.... And I never buy rag mags.

Can we just go back to the days when size 14 was NORMAL???

</vent>

kaplods
01-29-2009, 02:24 PM
I know she's a super-celeb, but even the choice of outfits - it was a chili cook-off, for crying out loud. Crappy jeans and a t-shirt doesn't seem all that inappropriate. It just seems ridiculous that dressing-down and a fat day isn't a celeb option (especially when your "fat day" is maybe 5 lbs up from your "normal" and 10 - 20 lbs over what most folks would see as "too thin."

NYCT1981
01-29-2009, 02:33 PM
yes her outfit was ugly. and she probably has put on a few pounds. no she isn't fat. however she has made a career, largely, out of her looks and body (yes that was her in a pink bikini in one of her videos), so she and we shouldnt be surprised at the scrutiny. It's also gross and hypocritical for ashlee simpson to be talking about teaching young girls about self esteem, etc, when she had a nose job that changed her entire face.

erinrayann
01-29-2009, 05:32 PM
I am really surprised at the outfit Jessica wore. She is probably at the most, like in a size 6, but she is not toned on the top like she used to be, and that tight tank top w/the high waist pants and huge belt just pushed everything over the top. Haha, like what happens to me when I try on 'extra firm control briefs'. Everything spills out the top!

Operator265
01-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Well, the media aren't the only ones who judge. Her dad was trying to get her into Christian music as a kid, but she was deemed too "Busty" for the morally upright youth.:rolleyes:

junebaby
01-29-2009, 09:42 PM
If only everyone was as 'fat' as Jessica Simpson!!!! hahahahhaha

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wSenRGO/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSenRGO/)

kaplods
01-29-2009, 10:22 PM
Well, the media aren't the only ones who judge. Her dad was trying to get her into Christian music as a kid, but she was deemed too "Busty" for the morally upright youth.:rolleyes:

The 11th commandment, "thou shalt not have big boobies?"

I'm not really concerned about Jessica Simpson's feelings on this. I'm not saying I'm not sympathetic, and she must be annoyed by this, but it is part and parcel of "the business," and if she didn't know it going in, she certainly knows it by now.

For me, my hackles are raised (whatever hackles are) over all of the young girls wanting to be like her, and thinking "if she's fat, I must be a COW." I don't remember the exact statistics, but every year more kindergarten girls (even of normal and below weights) think they're fat. At younger and younger ages children are wanting to immitate celebrities, and I think the trend is actually starting to become dangerous, (especially when children's clothing styles, even from infancy now are so "sexed up," they wouldn't have been considered appropriate for an ADULT 20 years ago). I'm not a prude, but does a 6 or 7 year old really need tight jeans with "juicy" written in rhinestones on their butt (I know the juicy fad is a little old, but it just shocked me so much, because to me it translated into "prostitute in training").

Kids are losing their childhoods, and that sucks.

choirgirlhotel
02-02-2009, 02:51 PM
(especially when children's clothing styles, even from infancy now are so "sexed up," they wouldn't have been considered appropriate for an ADULT 20 years ago). I'm not a prude, but does a 6 or 7 year old really need tight jeans with "juicy" written in rhinestones on their butt (I know the juicy fad is a little old, but it just shocked me so much, because to me it translated into "prostitute in training").

Kids are losing their childhoods, and that sucks.

Ugh, I TOTALLY agree. It frightens me.

Something else that frightens me? The look of these people put together.
http://theskinnywebsite.com/site/2009/01/26/the-skinnier-side-of-the-sag-awards/

Scarlett
02-02-2009, 03:19 PM
honestly I don't think this one is blown that out of proportion. If I knew someone that gained 20# people would probably be saying "whoa shes gained a little weight, but she still looks good" or something along those lines, people would notice and talk. I'm not saying she looks bad but she's obviously put on some weight. Also when you have a "curvy" figure you can't get away with ANYTHING you don't look great unless you work out and really watch what you eat. Plus the FIRST rule of jeans is that pockets with flaps on the butt only make it look bigger and should only be worn by curveless women trying to create curves.

kaplods
02-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Oh, I think it's very much blown out of proportion if you've see the New York Post cartoon.

http://www.theinsider.com/news/1600873_The_New_York_Post_Slams_Jessica_Simpson_We ight_Gain

If the link doesn't work, there's a picture of Tony Roma at Jessical Simson's door, and she's wearing the outfit in the photo and she clearly weighs at least 300 pounds with a caption that reads "Sorry Tony, but I've found somebody else," and Ronald McDonald is seen sitting on her couch in the background.

Again, I think Jessica is a big girl and can take care of herself, but what kind of message is it sending to impressionable teens and preteens. If Jessica is "a cow" at a healthy weight, what are they?

moon fairy
02-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Those were really ugly pants she was wearing...I guess she won't be wearing those again any time soon. Other than that, she looked good. Even her butt looked good in the butt shot. I think the whole thing is blown way out of proportion.

JulieJ08
02-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Also when you have a "curvy" figure you can't get away with ANYTHING you don't look great unless you work out and really watch what you eat.

Couldn't disagree more. I don't think looking great is so narrow.

Layla316
02-02-2009, 03:49 PM
A good reason not to be famous :p I mean you know that the paparazzi is just trying to catch ya at a bad angle or doing something embarassing... Thank goodness for my small town life ;)

beerab
02-02-2009, 04:05 PM
Dude people are nuts- she looks fabulous- I'd kill for that hair and her figure- I'm not even joking!

So it wasn't the greatest outfit ever- so what- life goes on.

She should go on Tyra and tell everyone to kiss her fat arse lol.

And I agree the 3rd shot with her looking over her shoulder- man she looks AMAZING! I want to be fat like her lol.

Mickeypnd
02-02-2009, 04:05 PM
honestly I don't think this one is blown that out of proportion. If I knew someone that gained 20# people would probably be saying "whoa shes gained a little weight, but she still looks good" or something along those lines, people would notice and talk. I'm not saying she looks bad but she's obviously put on some weight. Also when you have a "curvy" figure you can't get away with ANYTHING you don't look great unless you work out and really watch what you eat. Plus the FIRST rule of jeans is that pockets with flaps on the butt only make it look bigger and should only be worn by curveless women trying to create curves.

I think on some points Im going to have to agree with Scarlett on this, but let me say this first. I DON'T THINK SHE IS FAT. I THINK SHE LOOKS GOOD. But if I knew her, I think it should be an issue that she gained that much weight so fast.
the pants didn't work for her. I think whoever picked them were trying to cover a more rounder stomach. and it didn't work. Im just saying, when your skinny and you gain a noticable amount of weight like Jessica Simpson has, people are going to comment.

zeffryn
02-02-2009, 04:41 PM
so...if aliens exist, they are going to think our planet is run by the likes of Jessica Simpson and Angelina Jolie.

The reason why the paparazzi have jobs is because people read the rags that they write for.

If we stop caring, this kind of thing would drop off dramatically.

Annita
02-02-2009, 10:27 PM
her outfit isn't a best choice i have to say.
she's not fat, well she isn't skinny like before, but she looks like a real woman now with curves, and she looks sexy.
I'm not much a fan of Jessica but she's still beautiful.

preetyladyserenity
02-03-2009, 04:33 AM
Ok I know this is somewhat late but I think people would find this interesting.

I can't speak for other Mediterranean cultures but Jessica Simpson's weight gain was much approved in Cyprus and Greece. I am going to translate a small article I found in a semi-fashion magazine called 'Purple' here in Cyprus.

A sexy figure

Four years ago many women were jealous of Jessica Simpson's body. I bet no male was left untouched by her appearence in hot short in the movie "Dukes"
The 1.60 meter Jessica has put on a few kilos since then, promoting a much healthier lifestyle by being in the normal weight range. In her music concert in Florida she surely impressed us with her nice curves and her full-figured bust.

Ok this was not writen in an ironic tone! And putting my two cents here I think magazines here really promote a healthy curvy living here. Most women in Greece have the medditerenean body, big hips and all and most of them, in the past few years have been bombarded to feel guilty on how they are built (even though however much diet we will do, we will still have slightly bigger hips). There aren't as many incidents of anorexia here but many women used to feel really self-concious on how they look. The media, the last 2-3 years have really started making a turnover from making women feel guilty to feel ok with themselves. :dizzy: wacky world isn't it?

ANOther
02-03-2009, 12:05 PM
She looks FINE! Do you have to look like you've just been liberated from the Holocaust to NOT be told you're too fat?

JuliaDH
02-03-2009, 12:31 PM
I am also troubled by how all this hoopla effects our little girls. It is hard to find clothes for little ones that dont scream sexpot. I have started to shop more in little non chain stores to find more coverage for my dd. I also find I am teaching her the value of layering. A girl can still have the stylish clothes when layered in a modest way.

ladywinter
02-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Jessica Simpson has used her body in part to get to where she is today. She wore those short short shorts in her these boots are made for walking video. She wore all the skimpy clothes that were in fashion. I dont feel bad for her that the media is scrutinizing her...it didnt bother her then. She was never worried about other peoples self image. In my opinion, she hasnt been getting much publicity lately, her country career being less than steller and all, and I think this was a publicity stunt to get her...you guessed it publicity....and it is working.

I mean when was the last time you noticed Jessica Simpson?

nelie
02-03-2009, 01:28 PM
I'm not a Jessica Simpson fan and I never considered her sexy. She looks ok in those pictures other than the ugly outfit but what I do notice is what appears to be the lack of muscle. I mean I look at my arms and they are chubby and what bothers me about my own arms is that I don't see the muscle underneath the fat. They are just there with no visible muscles.

saef
02-03-2009, 01:29 PM
I'm less worried about Jessica Simpson's weight than about her reading comprehension level. (I'm somewhat relieved that she has confirmed that she understands that "Chicken of the Sea" is actually tuna fish, and not chicken.)

When it comes to celebrities, I kind of agree with this sentiment: "Live by your abs & @ss, die by your abs & @ss."

ETA: It's called an "analogy," Jessica. Tuna is the "chicken of the sea."

JulieJ08
02-03-2009, 01:45 PM
A lot of people don't have visible muscle definition unless they diet their body fat down. We see the fitness models and want to look like that, but even they are photographed in season after dieting their body fat down. It's just not realistic for many, perhaps most, people, without restricting themselves specifically for that purpose.

nelie
02-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Julie - I know its a bit with how your fat is distributed but also I'm not talking about superly defined muscles, I'm just talking about some muscle shape. There are many people that have arm shape without having defined muscles although defined muscles are definitely sexy.

blueberry3
02-03-2009, 05:37 PM
http://omg.yahoo.com/photos/waiting-for-a-star-to-fall/2617

Granted the outfit is ugly and not very flattering....but the hoopla about her being overweight, what the ****.

No wonder American women are so messed up about eating and weight issues, we get pounded with all these insane standards (some of which, like toothpick lady with giant boobs, are only achievable by surgery.)

I totally agree! Bad outfit but she is by no means fat. I think she looks better now than she did when she was way too thin in the Dukes of Hazard movie!

Eves
02-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Since it's winter and there's no fieldwork my crew and I all stuck here doing lab work, and since counting and weighing rocks isn't that exciting, we use gossip mags to keep us sane. Currently there's a bet going on at work as to which "diet plan" will she use in 5 months to try to sell more magazines.

I went with the any variations of a fasting/detox diet, btw.