Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 01-28-2009, 12:48 PM   #1  
Workin' It

Default How to get rid of post-operative bloating?

I am getting way tired of this bloated puffy feeling I've had for the last week! I stopped my codeine and have only had one muscle relaxer in the last 16 hours. I am still noticeably puffed up and bloated. My waist is actually 3.5 inches larger than last Wednesday and I have this deep red line across my abdomen where I've been puffy for so long the skin has started to wrinkle... On the upside, I can tell that some of the swelling is going down around the breast implants finally...

So, any suggestions on things I could do to try to get rid of some of this swelling and bloating? Things have seemed to be back 'on track' with my potty visits today - I know that was a big part of it this week...

ETA - no idea where to post this... If it is in the wrong place please moderators move it to the right one!

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 01-28-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:55 PM   #2  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Shannon, congratulations and best wishes on a speedy recovery!!

Your body has been traumatized (in a beneficial way ) and is responding to that. I'm thinking it's time only that will help with the edema. Maybe some slow walking around will help and pushing of the fluids can't hurt either.

you go girl be well.

also, did you get that post-op constrictive gear from your md? that is very helpful in the beginning.

Last edited by kittycat40; 01-28-2009 at 02:38 PM.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:06 PM   #3  
Workin' It

My doctor gave me an elastic sports bra kind of thing, pretty stretchy, but held things pretty firm. He isn't one who bandages everything down all tight like some I read about, which surprised me a little bit.

I actually bought a different bra on Monday after my followup visit (he said it was okay to get a different one as long as it was pretty supportive as well) because the one he gave me had a big seam inside the cup that was starting to cut my skin a little, even with handkerchiefs inside it for padding... The one I have now is smooth inside the cup and I feel a lot better. I'm sure I we pretty funny at Target and Kohl's going back and forth from doctor provided bra to the ones I was trying on - I was leaning back and forward, looking to see if things fell the same way in different positions between bras. I know the woman in the changing room next to me thought I was crazy mumbling to myself!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:36 PM   #4  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
I know the woman in the changing room next to me thought I was crazy mumbling to myself!
BTDT happens regularly..
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:05 AM   #5  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I would just give it some time. My sister had some liposuction done, and the doc said postoperative swelling would take months to completely go away. There isn't much you can do as surgery is trauma to your inner tissues and the body just does what it needs to in order to heal
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote