Old 01-27-2009, 08:48 AM   #1  
starving artist

S/C/G: 161/157.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Default should i join Weight Watchers

i've been really frustrated lately bc i can't seem to stay on track. i am exercising alot, but i can't keep my diet in check. im debating whether or not i should start WW meetings. it has nothing to do with knowing how to eat. i just need some accountability. i have no self motivation apparently. it seems to be a lot of money though.

any suggestions??
stellart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:56 AM   #2  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

I have been a WW member for about 10 months now, and it has helped give me the accountability to lose nearly 80 pounds. Not only that, I have met some really people....friends, even.

Yes, it does cost about $40/month, but my health insurance will reimburse me $150 and I also figure my health is worth it. $40 is what? 2 dinners out a month? 4 margaritas? I shouldn't be going out that often when I'm trying to lose weight anyway!

(Now I just need to get *myself* back into the habits I had when I first started. I remembered how easy it is to pick up the phone and order dinner!)
staja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:39 AM   #3  
Sexy Fat Girl

S/C/G: 355/ticker/140-for the moment

Height: 5'7

I really like ww I think its a good thing to have the meetings, it makes you want to go and have something to calibrate with everybody!! I think you should go to a meeting and just check it out, they let you sit in for a free meeting, and see if its for you but yes the accountability is a very good thing to have. And I too agree for the cost its not that bad...is the same price as one dinner hear, so its worth it to me!!
sharpie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

I agree with the abouve two posts. I love WW it keeps me accountable and also allows for "not so perfect days". I spend $40 bucks a month however I save way more than that not drinking and going out to eat as much. I really like it....I lose slower than like low-carb or no-carbs diets however the changes I have made I know I can continue.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:07 AM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Sounds like you're the perfect candidate. If you need the accountability, it's there for you. And it really teaches you about how to eat too. If you've got the exercise part down pat, this should do it for you.
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 138/138/130

Height: 5'7"

There's also a lot of emphasis on healthy, whole food eating in WW. That's the thing that draws me in.

BTW~we have almost the same stats!
PeatrixPotter is offline   Reply With Quote