30-Somethings - 30 somethings daily chat... Tues. 1/27

poppyseeds
01-27-2009, 07:56 AM
Morning ladies and germs! I just flew in from Vegas and boy are my arms tired! BA DUM BUM... :D

My attempt to cheer myself up. :mad: I'm annoyed with work and some of the people there. I'm just trying to deal. :mad::mad:

Anyway.. gotta eat and hit the road... Have a good day all!! :hug:

butterflywings34
01-27-2009, 08:12 AM
Good Morning!

I know what you mean about work! It's only Tuesday and I'm already annoyed with it. The weather doesnt help either, it is -12 this morning! :mad:
I am so tired of the cold weather. I cant wait to be able to go outside and get some exercise in the warm air.

Last night I did 45 min of cardio and felt like I could of went for hours. Whats up with that! I had to stop though and get my butt home to get some stuff done before bed. My goal today is to stay on track and work out again. I really need to drink more water! I dont like water and that is the most difficult thing for me.. :(

Well I hope everyone has a great day and stays on track.. :hug: I know we can do this! :carrot:

Sunshine Mom
01-27-2009, 09:30 AM
I've been staying on track with diet and exercise...even doing an hour of torturemill and Biggest Loser Boot Camp every day. But no lost pounds! For the whole month I have lost a big fat ZERO. I am really beginning to get discouraged. So okay, I feel better and my clothes feel less tight, but I want to see that scale moooooove. It has never been this difficult to lose weight. I blame perimenopause. :) It really is getting harder to get the motivation to work out when I'm not even losing an ounce, tho.

RangerChic
01-27-2009, 09:34 AM
So... I'm not going to Disney today. Long story. Anyway, guess I'm going to do some stuff around the house with mom and then go out for a walk later. Yeah, this week is already not my favorite either. So, you guys aren't alone!

PearFreak
01-27-2009, 10:33 AM
Hey there ladies.
Add me to the list of not a great week. Feeling lazy today. I think I'll put on some comfy pants and lounge around doing nothing today. No motivation. at. all. :p Hope I feel better tomorrow. :dizzy:

LBH
01-27-2009, 12:14 PM
:wave:

GainingWeightInLa
01-27-2009, 01:05 PM
:sneeks in: :thinks about leaving: I'm almost afraid to come in...maybe that's why Lauren only waved?? LOL ...I hope everyone's bad week isn't contagious. :shrug: Sorry everyone's having a rotten week.

I just returned home...am in between dr. appointments. DD has one at 1:30.
I'm finally gettin' over the crud (Praise the Lord!!!) I'm feelin' pretty good. I worked out yesterday (only about 45 minutes, but having been sick, I felt like that was pretty good). Stayed on track yesterday, as well. Today's a new day....so far, okie dokie. We all know how quickly that can change, though. My Dr. didn't ask me about the gym. :yay: I sure was glad. I was just gonna tell him that yes, I was going, just not as consistently as I oughta be. Sounds like a good answer.....

Welp, I'm off. DH will be home shortly for lunch.

Cheer up ladies. If your week started off really bad, chances are pretty good it can only get better!

bindersbee
01-27-2009, 01:13 PM
I'm back from my sisters house. She has a gym-quality elliptical trainer in her basement and a tv suspended from the ceiling so it's nice to work out there. And free. I did 59 minutes and supposedly burned around 700 calories. The good news is that it took me 3 minutes LESS to burn that same number than it did last week so my fitness is improving.

Sorry for those having a tough week. I hope it improves. My 'bad week' was at the end of last week.

pmasci
01-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Hi girls!!!

poppyseeds
01-27-2009, 05:56 PM
Work was looney tunes today. We are doing inventory AND we have a huge visit from corporate tomorrow so the managers were stressed. I just kept out of the way!! LOL

Sorry you didn't get to go to Disney RC. My hubby said he'll go with you... LOL... but I told him I got first dibs!! LOL

Have a great night all!

RangerChic
01-27-2009, 07:29 PM
I did a bad thing today all. My mom and I were out and not in the best of moods (family crap going on) and I got a DQ blizzard. I haven't had anything like this in a long time, but I still feel bad about it. Course, my tummy is revolting and making me double-regret it because now I have the worst stomach ache. Eek.

poppyseeds
01-27-2009, 08:11 PM
Move past it and just remember how bad your tummy hurts for next time.

No guilt allowed. :)

GatorgalstuckinGA
01-27-2009, 09:16 PM
evening all..sorry everyone is having a yuckie week. hope things turn around. Nothing really exciting going on here. Trying to eat well but exercise is sucking pathetically, just can't get the energy or motivation to go. I did try to go last night and was going to what i thought was a cardio class..it ended up being a "funk" class..i love dancing..but i don't like this instructor...she doesn't call the moves and i can't follow her...or maybe i'm just too white to dance to a funk class LMAO...so i gave up after 10 min and went on the elliptical. I really need to find the motivation for exercise. Work is work..nothing really exciting but nothing horrible.

rc-don't kill yourself..just remember how rough the blizzard made you feel and don't kill yourself over one blizzard..hang in there.

hey to everyone else.

RangerChic
01-27-2009, 09:32 PM
Thanks guys, I'm positive I will easily say "no" next time after the cramping and ickiness this one is causing me. No fun.

Looks like when you eat better your body pretty much rejects a lot of the bad food like ice cream and such. This happen to the rest of you when you indulged before?

Riayn
01-28-2009, 05:44 AM
Shannon: My stomach definitely revolts when I have a lot of food that I shouldn't, especially high fat food. I definitely am told by my digestive system that it refuses to deal with it anymore.

Sorry to hear that everyone has had a bad week so far. I have kept up with my exercise this week, but the scales tell me I have put on 0.3kg (0.7lbs). I am hoping it is just muscle since I have been doing quite a bit of strength exercises. However, I know I really should look at my calorie intake and make sure I am within the allowable range.

poppyseeds
01-28-2009, 08:54 AM
Riayn... if you do stength training, the scale may show a gain. It's better to go by how your clothes feel rather than your weight. 0.7 ounces of muscle takes up les space than 0.7 ounces of fat. Keep going because the scale will start to go down.

:)