100 lb. Club - Stupid Economy!

View Full Version : Stupid Economy!

crazycurls
01-26-2009, 06:50 PM
:(Well, today was a horrible day. When I got to work this morning I had a note on my computer from my boss that said please come see me in my office. I went and he said my position had been cut because of the economy. I only have a job for two weeks. This was totally unexpected!!! They had announced they were going to do layoffs two weeks ago and hadn't said anything since. I guess I am going to have to start looking for another job :(

On a more positive note I weight myself today and I have lost 8.8 pounds in the last three weeks. :)

Bee20nine
01-26-2009, 07:06 PM
Yay for losing the weight!!!!

I completely understand where your coming from on the job side of things.

I was truly unemployed from march 08-sept 08, and I have been underemployed since then. I work a job now where I get about 15 hours a week at $7 an hour watching about 35 kids with 3-4 other workers.

I go for an interview tomorrow for my first real full time job making decent money. I would love to land it.

I hope you find something soon, send out a bulletin through your people network and see if that turns up anything. I hope you get some notice and today was not your last day.

Nash
01-26-2009, 07:15 PM
The sad truth is in many cases company's who are not actually effected by the economy are taking this opportunity to trimm staff to make more money for themselves, it's an excuse they know labor laws won't fight right now. It is kind of upsetting.

Sorry you lost your job but congrats on the weightloss :)

Nayex
01-26-2009, 07:58 PM
Congratz on the weight loss! --

and i completly understand the job thing.. *ugh* its effected my family in the worst way... weve resorted to living with my father-- never thought id be here.. with a family to take care of. and only one of us is working.. PART time. AHHHHHHHHH

ok. whew. it will get better.. good luck to you!

Ookpik
01-26-2009, 09:30 PM
Congrats on the weight loss. Hope you find a new job soon.

jademarlene
01-26-2009, 09:40 PM
This economy is scary.

Sorry about the job loss, great work on the weight loss.

Beautiful Ace
01-26-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm so sorry, maybe though it's just somebody up top closing a door and opening a window!!!! Keep positive no matter what the future holds okay??

Congrats on the loss!

Lori259
01-26-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm so sorry, maybe though it's just somebody up top closing a door and opening a window!!!! Keep positive no matter what the future holds okay??

Congrats on the loss!

Such A wise girl And only 18 I think~ACE SAYS IT ALL.
What Encouraging words and such wisdom.

crazycurls
01-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm feeling good now! I got a good cry out of me and now I am looking for a new job!

Puccikat
01-26-2009, 10:13 PM
Hey Crazycurls! I'm glad you're feeling better, I hope that something can be done about this economy. The same thing happened to me last Wednesday! BTW awesome job with the wieght loss!

djay
01-26-2009, 10:27 PM
:hug:I am so sorry to hear about the lay off. I hope you find work quickly. This economy SUCKS!

Beautiful Ace
01-26-2009, 10:42 PM
Such A wise girl And only 18 I think~ACE SAYS IT ALL.
What Encouraging words and such wisdom.

....Don't make me blush!!!!!

cfmama
01-26-2009, 10:58 PM
I'm so sorry that you are losing your job :(

I am SO HAPPY though that you are losing weight! Good job girl!!!

TJFitnessDiva
01-26-2009, 11:01 PM
That really sucks about your job :( Great job on the WL though!

Keep your chin up...this might have happened to let better things into your life :)

crazycurls
01-26-2009, 11:03 PM
Sorry to everyone else who is having a tough time with the economy too! All I know is that I can't control what happens with the economy, but I can control what goes in my mouth and what exercise I do each day.

Jen415
01-27-2009, 08:36 AM
You can ALWAYS find something good in every situation, even a layoff. The job of your dreams is just around the corner!!

Lori259
01-27-2009, 12:07 PM
....Don't make me blush!!!!!

:o Just being truthful.(as a mother of a daughter getting ready to turn 16 Not far behind ya ~It made me feel proud When I read what you wrote~My daughter is a great person and so are you ~But has crappy music she listens too ~LOL j/k)

Nada
01-27-2009, 02:51 PM
So sorry to hear that. I work with a state agency so let me advise you not to hesitate to apply for your benefits and network, network, network. Well over 50% of jobs are found through networking.

Redflame
01-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Yes Beautiful Ace Beautifully said!

this door has been closed, another opens! Disappointing, yes, afraid, sure----but this has opened up other opportunities.

Curly:I am in the employment business, and the company I work with (9 years now) has many offices in KY---Bowling Green, Elizabethtown, Florence, Frankfort, Franklin, Lexington, Morgantown, Richmond and Shepherdville........are any of those close to you? I would love to give you thier contact information. They have temporary as well as perm jobs, part time hours and full time hours, and NO fee to apply or get a job through them!

And if you would like I would love to pray for you, and anyone else, who is in this same boat.

nicolen
01-27-2009, 11:18 PM
Crazy, so sorry to hear this. Having been there myself several years ago, it's a horrible feeling.

But you've got a fantastic attitude and no doubt you'll find a job very quickly!

S.A.S.H
01-28-2009, 07:46 AM
:hug: Congrats on the weight loss. Hang in there...the economy is hitting everyone so hard and unexpectedly. Things WILL get better :)