Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-26-2009, 10:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Feeling more hopeful

Well, after two months of very stressful dieting and pretty small numbers, I've been feeling like I'm going to crack. I'm not one who takes failure lightly, and I feel as though my inability to lose weight is failure (I know it's silly, I'm trying my best).

Nothing has worked...staying perfectly on plan for weeks, raising my calories, lowering my calories, adding Alli... I'm just stuck at this crawl of maybe a couple of pounds a month.

I feel like alli was a huge waste of money- it did nothing. I went down to 225, but then bounced right back up to where I was, even though I've been on plan and taking the pills religiously.

Anyway, I'm feeling much better now, because I made an appointment with my nutritionist and I figure if anyone can help me, she can.

What kinds of things make you feel better when you feel like you're about to give up?

Last edited by kelly315; 01-26-2009 at 10:09 AM.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 294/see ticker/190

Height: 6ft 0.5 inches

let us know how the visit to the nutritionist goes! You're right, if you are doing anything wrong with your food thent hey will be the one who can tell you what it is with some confidence.

keep going is all i can suggest.
anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #3  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

I'm only a month or so into this weight loss thing, but I'd say look at those 61 pounds you've already lost! I'm way impressed - I can only imagine the hard work and effort you've put in to get so far already. I think you're doing a fantastic job.
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 231/165/140

Height: 5'5"

Keep reminding yourself the end result you are trying to achieve. Imagine the feeling of accomplishment when you reach your goal... Imagine yourself fitting into clothes that before you lost the weight, you couldn't even fit 1 leg into... All the hard work & sacrifice will certainly pay off for you as your numbers go down. Don't get discouraged by seeing the numbers drop slowly, they're still dropping & you're still going in the right direction!
Extasee58865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:43 AM   #5  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

The other day in my WW meeting, they mentioned how if you tend to eat at a certain schedule and your body gets used to it. They suggested either pushing that meal back or earlier or even changing what you are eating will confuse your body.

If you feel like giving up, think about what you have gained by losing what you have lost!
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

61 pounds is an impressive loss.And you are still losing, a couple pounds a month adds up to 24 pounds a year. Add that to your 61 and you have an 85 pound loss. It is not unusual for weight loss to slow down or even hit a plateau, it is frustrating but if you persevere you will see success.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:26 AM   #7  
No description available.

61 pounds is amazing. It truly really is! I think Kaplods has written in the past that sometimes we tend to view the endpoint as the only success, when the truth is any weight lost is a success. So kudos to you so far. Maintaining that loss would truly be a victory and I guarantee your heart, blood vessels, etc., are benefitting from that loss.

Now, I understand you want to lose more. But do celebrate what you have already lost.

I think our bodies hit set points where they need to adjust and deal with the weight already lost. Consider that your body stored all of that fat cause it thought it was doing you a favor. Your body tucked away every bit of fat lovingly and carefully preparing you for a famine. It is watching its hard work sweat and melt and disappear and is like, "What the heck! I worked hard to save that!" So it might just need a moment before it is willing to release some more.

Seeing a nutritionist is a good idea. Also, feel free to post a daily meal plan here. What are you doing for exercise? I'm sure it is no secret that I am totally biased toward weightlifting as a great way to rev up one's metabolism for weight loss and maintenance.

Last edited by midwife; 01-26-2009 at 11:27 AM.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:52 PM   #8  
Sea

S/C/G: 213/161.2/115

Height: 5'3"

Location: behind you. reading over your shoulder. fer real. don't look!

Thanks for being here for us Midwife.
Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:48 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Thank you all so much for responding.

Midwife, that's a sweet way to think of my body. I know it's just trying to take care of me, and even if it's not losing much right now, I still need to be good to it.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:46 PM   #10  
Sea

S/C/G: 213/161.2/115

Height: 5'3"

Music makes me feel better, upbeat 70's love songs.
Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:07 PM   #11  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

You aren't alone with the stall either. I've been stuck in the lower 230's upper 220's for a month or so now. I try to tell myself that my body is adjusting. We'll get there.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote