Old 01-26-2009, 08:44 AM   #1  
Amy

Wink Losers and Friends Jan 26- Feb 1

Sorry... spazzed on the dates...

Morning guys!

Can't believe I am the first to post... I am sure someone is simultaneously posting.

I lost 5.2 lbs this week!! Yess!! I am so excited!

Well, off to school! Have a great one!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:09 AM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Wow, great job Amy!!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:42 AM   #3  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Whoohoooo, Amy!!!!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:42 AM   #4  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Amy - I hate you!!! Just Kidding...just jealous!
Amy - I bought the Wii at Walmart the other day...it's still in the box. I'm not sure I'm going to like it as a fitness tool. My aunt has one and says she likes the games best....I'm debating returning it????? What is your honest opinion of the WiiFit? Guess I should go see if folks are talking about it on the exercise thread.

I posted this late on Sunday and wanted to make sure Kimberly saw this:

Quote:
KIMBERLY - Give the spin class a try. Believe me, no one is looking at you. They are focused on the instructor and too busy wiping sweat off their brow! Couple tips as a first timer...Sit in the back (last row of bikes) of the room if it will put you at ease; that way, you will be the one watching everyone else; go there early your first time and grab the instructor and ask him/her how to set up the bike (seat level, handle bar level, etc.). That is very important. Also, make sure you have plenty of padding for your arse, otherwise you will be sore. If you don't have a pair of bike shorts (and who does if they aren't an avid bike rider??), wear a couple pair of shorts your first time. Try your hardest to stick out the entire class. Our class runs 45 minutes with about 10 minutes of cool down and stretching at the end (so 35 minutes of bike riding). You will burn approx 400 calories (if not more). It took me about five classes before I could honestly say I liked the class. There are still times I cannot keep up with the class or I am breathless and have to ease back and catch my breath...that is okay too. The first time I went, I walked out after about 20 minutes because I thought the whole class was going to be too intense; you have some minutes of intense riding and then you have recovery rides. Hang in there and try it; schedule three days that you will go and just do it...no matter what!
My scale hasn't budged. I swear I'm going to the doctor tomorrow (regularly scheduled visit), I'm going to show him my food/exercise log that I kept all month and ask him for drugs....and this is coming from someone who typically says NO to prescriptions of any sort. I think I want to try phetermine for a few weeks and see what happens. Couple friends have had really good luck with it; but then one friend didn't have any luck with it...so we'll see. If he won't give me drugs, guess I'll have to just keep slugging away at my pathetic pace. I'm sure he'll have something to say about all the carbs I eat (even though I stay under a certain calorie count!).

Work calls.....later my friends.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:00 AM   #5  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Way to go Amy!! I wish my scale would say that. I lost 1.5 this week so its better than nothing.
Okay guess what, my husband and I were one number away from 43 million dollars on the 6-49 lotto. We freaked!!! We took our ticket in and we won 6700.00. Is that not fricking unbelievable. We have never won anything like this before. Its going to make us debt free plus have some extra.
That is my exciting news to start the week!!!
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:07 AM   #6  
Post-Master

Wow.........how super exciting, Joan Especially the debt free part!!!!
Old 01-26-2009, 11:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 170.4 / TICKER / 150

Height: 5'6

Great Job Amy!!!! That is so motivating to stay on track.

Joni I have a friend who had great success with Phentermine, I heard it is no longer available in Canada though. Keep us posted with what the good Dr has to say.

Congrats Hoochie! Oh one lousy number away...geez. 6700 isn't too shabby though. Probably pays for a good portion of what you have spent on 649 tickets up until now!

I go see my councellor today and to be honest I am nervous. It was really hard to talk to the RN at the mental heath center a few weeks ago and I suspect this will be also. However I had a horrible weekend of overeating. I am stressed and absolutely need to find better ways of dealing with my stresses and issues besides eating. Maybe she will have some good suggestions and I can pass on some good advice to you guys.

Hope you all have a wonderful day
erin1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:14 AM   #8  
Joan

I guess I should say bill free! We still have a mortgage but at least it paid my credit line off. Thanks Nicole
Old 01-26-2009, 11:20 AM   #9  
Post-Master

oh, heck, the mortgage doesn't count.......
Old 01-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #10  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Wow Joan - Good for you guys!! One of my BFF's is convinced that we can "figure out" a way to win the Lottery. She cracks me up. (This is the same girl, who when we were in the desert said to us.... "of course there's no wind. There aren't any trees." Her DH, my DH and I just looked at one another until DH said to her carefully - "you don't really think that the trees make the wind blow, do you?")

Amy - GREAT loss for the week! Keep it up!

Joni - I don't have a Wii, but even the games are interactive, so if it is fun, you will have incentive to get on it and move. There is a big thread of WiiFit-ers on here, check it out.

Erin - good to hear from you. I hope that your session this week goes OK. You know that it will only be hard for a little while, it's like pulling a band-aid off. Good luck

OK, I lost 2 lbs last week - Not bad. I am still out of commission for exercise, and I am going crazy. I've been picking up our dumbells at home just to do something!

Last edited by Kimphin; 01-26-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:37 AM   #11  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 173.5/ 156.6 /145

Amy - That is a great loss! I have never been able to lose like that. Even if I eat Nothing! Congrats!

Does anyone have the cookbook that is sold at the center? I am thinking about buying it...but, thought I would check to see if anyone thinks it is worth the expense. It would be nice to have some recipes that tell the stats.
luv2clog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:39 AM   #12  
Kim - IP 9/10

I'm not sure which one they are selling now, but I have the old 3-ring binder one and the purple spiral-bound one. There were some pretty good recipes in them.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:50 AM   #13  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Thanks Joni, I think I am going to go check it out this evening after DH gets home. I was talking to him about it yesterday and he actually expressed an interest in going with me, so that would make it MUCH easier!

I lost 2.2 lbs this past week, which is great considering I had a few flubs. But that just shows me I am capable of losing more if I stay POP! Hope everyone has a great week!!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:17 PM   #14  
Joan

Kimberly- I totally know how you feel. I am starting a step-aerobics class tomorrow evening and I was so nervous but now I have a friend that is going to come with me. I hope it is fun! I sure hope I can burn 400 calories like Joni does in that spin class.
I will let you know how my first class goes. I go tomorrow night from 8:30pm to 9:30 pm. It is such a late class.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:43 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kimberly, I go to the spin class with my DH, and it is very helpful. We keep each other going, when individually I think we would have quit a long time ago.

Joni, Are your spin classes only 45 minutes long? Ours are an hour. I always wondered why they are forever quoting a 45 minute long spin class. I figured they were talking about the length of time you were actually spinning, since some instructors in an hour it is close to that... Yesterday's gal it was at least 55 minutes, and those extra 10 minutes are killer... as you can see the clock and are hoping you are almost done when she pipes in with this one of the last 5 songs.... and this one is 7 minutes long. Oh no!
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote