LA Weight Loss - Losers and Friends Jan 26- Feb 1

View Full Version : Losers and Friends Jan 26- Feb 1

JerseyMadchen
01-26-2009, 08:44 AM
Sorry... spazzed on the dates...

Morning guys!

Can't believe I am the first to post... I am sure someone is simultaneously posting.

I lost 5.2 lbs this week!! Yess!! I am so excited!

Well, off to school! Have a great one!

Repo girl
01-26-2009, 09:09 AM
Wow, great job Amy!!!!

Mama Nicole
01-26-2009, 09:42 AM
Whoohoooo, Amy!!!!

Joni135
01-26-2009, 10:42 AM
Amy - I hate you!!! Just Kidding...just jealous!
Amy - I bought the Wii at Walmart the other day...it's still in the box. I'm not sure I'm going to like it as a fitness tool. My aunt has one and says she likes the games best....I'm debating returning it????? What is your honest opinion of the WiiFit? Guess I should go see if folks are talking about it on the exercise thread.

I posted this late on Sunday and wanted to make sure Kimberly saw this:

KIMBERLY - Give the spin class a try. Believe me, no one is looking at you. They are focused on the instructor and too busy wiping sweat off their brow! Couple tips as a first timer...Sit in the back (last row of bikes) of the room if it will put you at ease; that way, you will be the one watching everyone else; go there early your first time and grab the instructor and ask him/her how to set up the bike (seat level, handle bar level, etc.). That is very important. Also, make sure you have plenty of padding for your arse, otherwise you will be sore. If you don't have a pair of bike shorts (and who does if they aren't an avid bike rider??), wear a couple pair of shorts your first time. Try your hardest to stick out the entire class. Our class runs 45 minutes with about 10 minutes of cool down and stretching at the end (so 35 minutes of bike riding). You will burn approx 400 calories (if not more). It took me about five classes before I could honestly say I liked the class. There are still times I cannot keep up with the class or I am breathless and have to ease back and catch my breath...that is okay too. The first time I went, I walked out after about 20 minutes because I thought the whole class was going to be too intense; you have some minutes of intense riding and then you have recovery rides. Hang in there and try it; schedule three days that you will go and just do it...no matter what!

My scale hasn't budged. I swear I'm going to the doctor tomorrow (regularly scheduled visit), I'm going to show him my food/exercise log that I kept all month and ask him for drugs....and this is coming from someone who typically says NO to prescriptions of any sort. I think I want to try phetermine for a few weeks and see what happens. Couple friends have had really good luck with it; but then one friend didn't have any luck with it...so we'll see. If he won't give me drugs, guess I'll have to just keep slugging away at my pathetic pace. I'm sure he'll have something to say about all the carbs I eat (even though I stay under a certain calorie count!).

Work calls.....later my friends.

Hoochie
01-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Way to go Amy!! I wish my scale would say that. I lost 1.5 this week so its better than nothing.
Okay guess what, my husband and I were one number away from 43 million dollars on the 6-49 lotto. We freaked!!! We took our ticket in and we won 6700.00. Is that not fricking unbelievable. We have never won anything like this before. Its going to make us debt free plus have some extra.
That is my exciting news to start the week!!!

Mama Nicole
01-26-2009, 11:07 AM
Wow.........how super exciting, Joan :) Especially the debt free part!!!!

erin1369
01-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Great Job Amy!!!! That is so motivating to stay on track.

Joni I have a friend who had great success with Phentermine, I heard it is no longer available in Canada though. Keep us posted with what the good Dr has to say.

Congrats Hoochie! Oh one lousy number away...geez. 6700 isn't too shabby though. Probably pays for a good portion of what you have spent on 649 tickets up until now!

I go see my councellor today and to be honest I am nervous. It was really hard to talk to the RN at the mental heath center a few weeks ago and I suspect this will be also. However I had a horrible weekend of overeating. I am stressed and absolutely need to find better ways of dealing with my stresses and issues besides eating. Maybe she will have some good suggestions and I can pass on some good advice to you guys.

Hope you all have a wonderful day :)

Hoochie
01-26-2009, 11:14 AM
I guess I should say bill free! We still have a mortgage but at least it paid my credit line off. Thanks Nicole

Mama Nicole
01-26-2009, 11:20 AM
oh, heck, the mortgage doesn't count.......

Kimphin
01-26-2009, 11:36 AM
Wow Joan - Good for you guys!! One of my BFF's is convinced that we can "figure out" a way to win the Lottery. She cracks me up. (This is the same girl, who when we were in the desert said to us.... "of course there's no wind. There aren't any trees." Her DH, my DH and I just looked at one another until DH said to her carefully - "you don't really think that the trees make the wind blow, do you?")

Amy - GREAT loss for the week! Keep it up!

Joni - I don't have a Wii, but even the games are interactive, so if it is fun, you will have incentive to get on it and move. There is a big thread of WiiFit-ers on here, check it out.

Erin - good to hear from you. I hope that your session this week goes OK. You know that it will only be hard for a little while, it's like pulling a band-aid off. Good luck

OK, I lost 2 lbs last week - Not bad. I am still out of commission for exercise, and I am going crazy. I've been picking up our dumbells at home just to do something!

luv2clog
01-26-2009, 11:37 AM
Amy - That is a great loss! I have never been able to lose like that. Even if I eat Nothing! Congrats!

Does anyone have the cookbook that is sold at the center? I am thinking about buying it...but, thought I would check to see if anyone thinks it is worth the expense. It would be nice to have some recipes that tell the stats.

Kimphin
01-26-2009, 11:39 AM
I'm not sure which one they are selling now, but I have the old 3-ring binder one and the purple spiral-bound one. There were some pretty good recipes in them.

bradleys mom
01-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Thanks Joni, I think I am going to go check it out this evening after DH gets home. I was talking to him about it yesterday and he actually expressed an interest in going with me, so that would make it MUCH easier!

I lost 2.2 lbs this past week, which is great considering I had a few flubs. But that just shows me I am capable of losing more if I stay POP! Hope everyone has a great week!!

Hoochie
01-26-2009, 12:17 PM
Kimberly- I totally know how you feel. I am starting a step-aerobics class tomorrow evening and I was so nervous but now I have a friend that is going to come with me. I hope it is fun! I sure hope I can burn 400 calories like Joni does in that spin class.
I will let you know how my first class goes. I go tomorrow night from 8:30pm to 9:30 pm. It is such a late class.

BarbaraB
01-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Kimberly, I go to the spin class with my DH, and it is very helpful. We keep each other going, when individually I think we would have quit a long time ago.

Joni, Are your spin classes only 45 minutes long? Ours are an hour. I always wondered why they are forever quoting a 45 minute long spin class. I figured they were talking about the length of time you were actually spinning, since some instructors in an hour it is close to that... Yesterday's gal it was at least 55 minutes, and those extra 10 minutes are killer... as you can see the clock and are hoping you are almost done when she pipes in with this one of the last 5 songs.... and this one is 7 minutes long. Oh no!

Kristinx
01-26-2009, 12:48 PM
Amy - That is a great loss! I have never been able to lose like that. Even if I eat Nothing! Congrats!

Does anyone have the cookbook that is sold at the center? I am thinking about buying it...but, thought I would check to see if anyone thinks it is worth the expense. It would be nice to have some recipes that tell the stats.

I'm not sure if it's the cookbook sold at the COD but I did receive an electronic version of an LA cookbook when I bought the program online. If you message me your email I can send it to you. :)

Hope everyone has a good week. i am home sick today so am completely off schedule..not getting everything in....trying my best to get some food in even though i am dragging my *** bad!

Dan2112
01-26-2009, 01:47 PM
Hi gang..

I had a big ol' post written and then hit the wrong button.. *poof!*... Anyway.. I hope you're all having a POP day so far.. I'm doing my best, but somehow, the big time gas cramps have returned and so now the thought of food is not appitizing.. Usually not a bad thing, but I didn't really have much for breakfast (which in of itself, may be part of the problem)...

Off to find a salad!!

jewljz
01-26-2009, 02:38 PM
Joan - So happy for you! Debt free / bill free same difference, both make you feel good! Have you ever listened to Dave Ramsey? Take this opportunity to use the money that you were paying toward your creditline to paydown your house! We've been following Dave's plan for over a year and have paid off all our debt except the house, its been awesome!

Letty - I read your post about wanting ideas for home daycare and although I've never done this, I had the best home daycare provider around! She pretty much raised my two younger ones and she had a variety of activities that were done routinely to include sign language and fitness, all the kids napped at the same time and she is a germaphobe so they learned all about cleanliness and germs - she is freakin' amazing! My kids teachers are shocked that they did not go to a pre-kinder program. I think it all comes down to the routine.

I went out Friday night - ate a few nachos, had a few glasses of sangria (some mixed with frozen margarita!), couple of yagerbombs (can't spell that), woke up saturday and was down 3lbs! So I figured I was dehydrated, drank all my water on Saturday, ate light, woke up sunday only down 1lb... didn't eat or drink ALL day (was on a crazy cleaning tangent) until 4pm - went out to dinner had a grilled chicken sandwich on wheat bun with mozerella cheese slice, drank all my water - woke up and was up 1lb! WTF!!! Back to plan today... I'm just worried that the lbs are creeping back slowly... We'll see what wednesday holds, usually that is my lightest day - don't know why... Please wish me luck with that.

Also, yesterday my son was supposed to have soccer practice, but it got cancelled at the last minute. come to find out pretty much the whole team decided to go play elsewhere and my son was not invited to join. There were only 5 kids that were returning to our team and I'm wondering... how do you break this to your kid??? We were new to this team in the fall, so I don't think it was all based on his ability, but it just really sucks... Does anyone else have club soccer players? Is the drama always this bad??? Can you escape the drama and still play soccer or do we need to switch sports? thanks for your input...

JerseyMadchen
01-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Hey guys!

Joni- I love my Wii. Of course I don’t play it as often as I should, but I love it. I have the Wii Fit and have to say I love that too. The exerciseon some of the games is like just for fun, whereas others will kick your butt!! I did this hula hoop one and thought I was going to die!! Do you know anyone who has one that would let you try it out? The Jillian Michaels game for Wii Fit is really great.

Joan-That’s AWESOME about winning that money!! Congrats!!! Just make sure you’re ok with taxes etc. Don’t want to see you guys getting screwed tax time next year! Enjoy being debt-free!!

Julie- I can’t believe the crap that starts as young as it does with kids sports. I blame the coaches. It’s a game and kids are there to play. I understand high school, maybe even middle school, but come on. It’s just cruel. There’s a funny movie about this with Will Ferrel called Kicking and Screaming. ( I think it’s called that.) Anyways, great movie. At least will make you laugh this off.

Hello to everyone else! I have my bookclub tonight and need to make mini-cheesecakes for it. I am taking my mini-muffin pan and putting a Nilla Wafer in the bottom then pouring cheesecake (from my bullet!!!) onto the top. After they bake and cool I will put cherries on top. Yum. Even if I eat 2-3 they are nothing near a full piece of cheesecake. Plus will use Neufchatel cheese and 2 milk!!

Ta ta for now!

jewljz
01-26-2009, 03:44 PM
Amy - I've seen it! Will Ferrell is one of my favorites! Have you seen step brothers??? Hilarious!!!

Also - thanks for the idea, just bought a mini muffin pan and always looking for ideas to try :)

JerseyMadchen
01-26-2009, 05:28 PM
I loved Step Brothers. I laughed so hard I gave myself a headache.

Ok, so the little cheesecake things didn't turn out that great. I am taking them anyways...

The Nilla Wafer gets gooey and the cheesecake is rubbery. I may have cooked them a little long? Or too high a heat... Oh well.

jewljz
01-26-2009, 05:48 PM
Amy - step brothers - my favorite part was when she compliments him on his Christmas sweater and he says "thanks, it was my mom's I just took out the shoulder pads"! I about peed!

And thanks for the update on the cheesecakes - did you use liners? If so, maybe a graham crust would've worked out better?

BarbaraB
01-26-2009, 05:56 PM
Joan, How great to win money like that. I alway figure if I keep playing eventually I will win more than 3$. OK once I won 7$, but not anywhere near exciting as that large of an amount.

Julie, I think all kids sports get a little crazy. My DD was in cheerleading, and that is its own special brand of crazy. It is a dangerous sport too, and a crazy one. I definitely do not miss trying to get my DD's straight hair into the super curly pony tails that were required for competitions... I'm pretty sure some of those cheer moms have OD'ed on the aquanet.

Amy, You are really doing great. Have fun at your book club. Your cheese cakes sound delish.

Kristinx
01-26-2009, 06:01 PM
Joan that is one great thing about Canada eh? don't get taxed to death on lottery winnings! Course the trick is to win the lottery first...

Joni, I complained about my Wii Fit a bit at first because I never broke a sweat....then i began unlocking the harder activities, with longer durations...the 6 minute boxing and 6 minute hula hoop right after each other..I finally broke a sweat on it! Plus my balance has improved on it since I got it!

Kristinx
01-27-2009, 08:10 AM
Morning all! Wow, no posts all night...where is everyone?
Anyway, I'm down another 1.6 lbs since Friday...not sure how cause the weekend wasn't that good foodwise..but I have been exercising more. So 6.6 lbs in 2 weeks...quite happy with that! My goal has been 2-3 lbs a week till I get down around 200 then I hope to lose at a rate of 1-2 lbs a week. Hope everyone is having a good week so far!

JerseyMadchen
01-27-2009, 08:35 AM
Hey guys,

Just saying hey. We got somesnow last night. Not enough to cancel anything, but enough to make life difficult.

Off to a full day of classes!

Repo girl
01-27-2009, 09:05 AM
Morning all. It is -35 out there with windchill this morning. Every school in the area is closed. Can you believe that the school district called us on the automated phone system at 5:45 this morning to let us know school was closed?

Dan2112
01-27-2009, 10:21 AM
Ouch Katie.. That's a little too frosty for me... It was 35F here this morning and even that was too cold.. :D

Amy... Keep trying with those cheesecakes... Liz has made the LAWL recipe several times and it's always come out good for her... I don't like cheesecake at all, so I just have to take her word for it..

erin1369
01-27-2009, 10:31 AM
Geez Katie that is COLD! We have had way too much of similar weather where I live in British Columbia. It was unreletless for a while, 4 weeks of -30 to -45. Pretty sad that todays high o -11 (18 F) feels so warm!!! Unfourtunately we don't close our schools when it is this cold, I guess one of the joys of being Canadian.....get used to it :)

Way to go on the loss Kristin!!!! It looks like you have realistic expectations and that is so important. Keep up the great work girl :carrot:

Amy your cheescake sounds great! Have you ever used a recipe calulator to get the nutrition breakdown? I just love cheesecake but have yet to find a recipe that is diet friendly (as much as possible) AND taste good! Hope you had a great evening.

Julie yo got to be careful of those Jagerbombs - they don't often use the diet redbull and they can add up pretty quick they are so yummy :)

I hope your tummy feels better today Dan! And you get a proper breakfast today. I am loving the weght control single oatmeal packs. Higher in fiber and protiena nd lower in sugar than the regularflavored ones. They are tasty and filling.

My appt went well yesterday. Pretty typical I think for a first meeting. I am supposed to keep a journal of nothing in partcular just jot something down each day about how I feel. Also to come up with ways to de-stress that don't involve eating. Do you guys have any suggestions for me, I am finding it hard to come up with many ideas....Thank for your help :)

Have a great day everyone!

LizzyW
01-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Well hello all. Long time no chat. I finally did it and broke the 192 mark this morning. I am now at 191.8. It is a little loss, but I will take it. I have been working really hard to get this going and finally after 3 weeks, it broke. I have always struggled with losing.

Today I don't feel so swift. Last night I didn't feel good at all. I had some soup and at about 11pm, I had some toast. This morning, food just doesn't sound good at all. But I know I have to eat.

Well, best get to work. Chat with you all later. Congrats to all you losers out there. Keep up the great work.

Mama Nicole
01-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Good morning everyone :)

We have a snow day also.........and the ground is barely covered.....but we are in the ice zone.......we rarely get snow, mostly ice....which is way more dangerous than snow. I never knew of such a thing until we moved here. It sure can make the trees look pretty.......but is just no good for the power lines. So far, out my window looks just fine....but the storm isn't supposed to be over until this evening.

I have an interesting recipe to share from the atkins threads. I was looking for something sweet.....and mind you, this isn't terrific......it is super healthy. I am wondering if it could be used as lites.....maybe half of the recipe. It may not be super LAWL friendly.....but it is super nutritious.

OMG I found this recipe on another thread.. it is fantastic for Atkins, Induction Friendly and Packed with Omega-3s

In a tea cup or other microwaveable one cup item:

Melt 1-2 tbsp of butter

Mix in
1 egg
Sweatner to taste ( I like using 1 TBSP of SF Davinci Syrup or liquid splenda)
Mix in 1/4 cup of flaxseed meal (and/or mix with almond meal, protein powder)
1/4 tsp of baking powder
Microwave on high for 1 minute*

Turn out and let cool
The muffin may look kind of wet at first, but it dries quickly as it cools.
Eat warm with butter or wrap cooled muffin in plastic to eat later.

*cooking time may vary depending on your microwave, avoid overcooking

Quote:
Using butter and truly carb free sweetener, such as liquid splenda or DaVinci syrup:

239 Calories
19 gms fat
18 gms carbs
17 gms fiber

Resulting in 1 net gm carbs.

If using powdered splenda, add 1 -2 gms of carbs, depending on how much used.

I guess calorie counters might beable to use it.....or maybe noone can....but what a fab way to get fiber and omega 3's in. And I read yesterday that taking flaxseed everyday can really reduce bad cholesterol. Anway......

I get to move my ticker in a second, and I am pretty darn excited.

Have a good day everyone :)
XOXO

Hoochie
01-27-2009, 11:17 AM
Just popped in to say hello. I have Registry meetings all day so I will check in again tomorrow.
Have a great day everyone!

Oh ya, I loved the movie Step Brothers, hilarious!!!!!

Repo girl
01-27-2009, 12:59 PM
Erin- My favorite way to destress is to take a bath. I have this cool chandelier above my tub that is a candle holder. I bought it on ebay. I put candles in it, put some lavender oil in my oil burner and light it next to the tub, turn some soothing music onto my mp3 player with speakers, and relax with a good book. I have even been known to take a glass of wine or a cup of coffee into the tub with me. Pure bliss.....

ferrarimomof2
01-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Hello again everyone,

It has been a while since I was on here. I have gained almost all the weight that I lost back. It happened so fast in like 2 1/2 months. I have started back on a weight loss program. I am doing Atkins because that is what my husband was going to do. So, I figured I would give it a try because I didn't want to cook three different ways. I am going to give it a try and if it doesn't work I am switching back to LA. I hope that I can still come here and get support. I miss chatting with you all.

I hope that everyone is doing great and sticking to plan.

I will try to catch back up later.

Repo girl
01-27-2009, 01:58 PM
Hey Dionne, good to see you!

cecil
01-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Yes Dionne! Very good to see you! Good luck with Atkins! I think that is basically what Nicole is doing! And she is doing great!

Repo girl
01-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Yeah she is!! Look at the ticker!

Mama Nicole
01-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Dionne......see above minute muffin recipe. I decided to go Atkins way for a while cuz my is doing it too. I usually have good luck on it, but I don't do it for too lon, usually only a month or two. This time I am trying to do it the way it was designed........check out the veronica atkins foundation website. no products and b.s.......just the original plan. I am going to start adding my fruits next week.

Hey, Katie........I often take a cup of coffee in the tub with me. good stuff.
Also, DH and I made mozerella cheese on Monday.....it was fantastic!!!! Thanks for telling me about it.......:)

Ok, have to get dinner in the oven. I will check back later :)
XOXO

Joni135
01-27-2009, 05:39 PM
And I read yesterday that taking flaxseed everyday can really reduce bad cholesterol. Nicole - what is the best kind of flaxseed to buy? I need to reduce my bad cholesterol!

I was just looking over Veronica's site....this tip jumped out at me:
"When looking at food labels, be aware that “low fat” generally means “high carb” and also "count carbs not calories" - how many carbs do you get?

BarbaraB
01-27-2009, 07:20 PM
8 reasons you fall off the wagon (from the burn the fat newsletter)

1. NO FOCUS: you didn't set goals, you didn't put your goals in
writing, and or you didn't stay focused on your goals daily
(by reading them, affirming them, looking at a vision board, etc.)

2. NO PRIORITIES: you may have set a goal, but you didn't put
it on or near the top of your priorities list. For example,
your goal is six pack abs, but drinking beer and eating fast
food on the weekend is higher on your priorities list than
having a flat stomach.

3. NO SUPPORT SYSTEM: you tried to go at it alone; no buddy
system, training partners, family, spouse, friends, mentors
or coaches to turn to for information and emotional support
when the going got tough.

4. NO ACCOUNTABILITY - you didn't keep score for your own
accountability - with a progress chart, weight record,
measurements, food journal, training journal, and you didn't
set up external accountability (ie, report to someone else
or show your results to someone else)

5. NO PATIENCE: you were only thinking short term and had
unrealistic expectations. You expected 10 pounds a week or
5 pounds a week or 3 pounds a week, so the first week you
lost "only" 1 or 2 pounds or hit a plateau, you gave up.

6. NO PLANNING: you winged it. You walked into the gym
without having a workout in hand, on paper, you didn't
plan your workouts into your weekly schedule; you didn't
have a menu on paper, you didn't make time (so instead
you made excuses, like "I'm too busy")

7. NO BALANCE: your diet or training program was too extreme.
You went the all or nothing, "I want it now" route instead
of the moderate, slow-and-steady wins the race route.

8. NO PERSONALIZATION: your nutrition or training program
was the wrong one for you. It might have worked for someone
else, but it didn't suit your schedule, personality,
lifestyle, disposition or body type.

Kimphin
01-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Wow Barbara - that is an excellent article. Having it spelled out in front of me made me realize that 90% of my weight loss 'failures' can be attributed to the way I have prioritized. Considering that the ability to prioritize is something that I pride myself on at work, it was an eye-opener to realize that I lack that in my personal life. There are others on the list that I have been guilty of at times, but that one hit home.

BarbaraB
01-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Kim, The article had the focus of why 95% of people fail to keep off the weight that they lose. I think for me in the regaining it was accountability... if you don't step on the scale you haven't really gained right? Not that I was making it as big of a priority that I should have. To be successful takes a lot of work and perseverance, but it can be done. I do think I would even be counted in the 5% who were successful since I've only gained part of the weight back (darn those last 10 pounds that were so hard to lose and so easy to gain back)

Kimphin
01-27-2009, 08:18 PM
OK, I have to type this or I will lose my mind. I am sitting in one of my Masters classes and....

This class is the most boring WASTE of my time EVER!!!! Blah Blah Blah. Leadership, Governance and Policy Development OH MY! (arse)

OK, back to weight loss support issues.....

JennHill
01-28-2009, 07:37 AM
Good morning everyone,

I just found this site. I was on LAWL about 2 years ago. I had lost all my weight and went to my center to start stabilization and got there and the doors were locked and were never to be opened again. Thought I could do it on my own, but that wasn't the case :( I gained my weight back and now I started over on LAWL on my own. I have lost 37 lbs so far and have another 40 to go. I have bought some product on ebay to get myself started. I had also joined the online program when I was on LAWL and truly miss that support that I once received. Luckily I kept all the recipes that I made copies of and have started using those. So I just wanted to say hello.

Kristinx
01-28-2009, 07:45 AM
Hi Jenn,

Most of us are doing it on our own too. It's great support and helps keep me on track I know. Though I just started the program..
Welcome!

luv2clog
01-28-2009, 08:02 AM
Welcome Jennhill! I just started LAWL January 2. I am one of the lucky ones to have a center that is open about 30 miles from me. I needed accountability and I get it by having to go to the center. I know what it takes to lose weight. I have done it soooo many times. This is a great site and everyone seems so knowledgeable with this program. Mostly I am a lurker and I learn so much. Good luck!

JennHill
01-28-2009, 08:06 AM
Thank you everyone...I look forward getting to know everyone and getting and providing support. So far so good. I have been doing this on my own since the end of October and have lost 37 lbs....

So how do you get the weight ticker on your profile and picuture...guess I am not very computer literate....Have a great day

amylou7777
01-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Welcome Jenn! You can click on any of our tickers and it will take you to the site. Fill in your info and copy and paste the code into your signature, which is located under the userCP tab. I believe there are some restrictions these days. You may have to post a certain number of times to be allowed to have a ticker. Not too sure! If you can-get a picture up-it's really hard for me to remember people's comments when I can't see their smiling face!

How is everyone's Wed going? I need to get out the door and up north for three hearings, then I'm done for the week! I do have some paperwork to do, but that's it! wohoo!

So what are everyone's plans for superbowl sunday? We were invited to a party at a bar in town that a radio station is hosting. Lots of prizes and lots of horrible food!! Ugh-wings are my weakness. Did anyone see TBL last night? Ummm-the rosemary mustard chicken? Umm, that has nothing to do with wings?! I thought he would show us an alternative for the real deal. I was sad to see that team go home.

I know some of you watch OC housewives. I've been addicted to that show since it came out. It seems like they are just getting more and more mean! It's hard to watch these days. Can I wake up and look like Gretchen? I mean, just to have her hair would be amazing! heehee

Jillian-how are you and Xanthia holding up this week?

barbara-love that list! How true it is.

Kimphin-sorry about your class. Isn't it nice to have internet though? heehee

AmyNJ-wow girl! Look at that ticker! I gotta catch up with you!! That is awesome!

Alright-I'm off! I'm determined to be outta the 260s by Tues!!

JerseyMadchen
01-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Hey guys!

It’s a miserable morning here in NJ!! It snowed some last night then there was freezing rain. Then more rain. Ugh! And classes are still on! I cut my first but really need to go to my second one…

Jenn- Welcome! The support on here is awesome! Between the support, recipes, ideas, etc. you can do this!

Amylou- I LOVE the OC show, but am starting to cringe at their meanness too. I am in LOVE with Gretchen’s hair. I cannot wait until mine grows out again! I am sure a lot of that is extensions… if that makes you feel any better! Thanks for the compliments! I just need to exercise more. With being stuck home today with snow, I WILL!!

Where is everybody? Where’s Jillian?? I hope all is well! I saw that she was around on MySpace, so I know she’s ok!

Oh, and it’s so nice having you guys on Facebook! We never made a group!!!

bradleys mom
01-28-2009, 11:08 AM
Ummm-the rosemary mustard chicken? Umm, that has nothing to do with wings?! I thought he would show us an alternative for the real deal. I was sad to see that team go home.

I agree, nothing like it. But if THAT chef will come cook them for me, I would eat them anytime!! LOL JK. I am planning on making those! DH wants to have a snack attack party and I said no, no, NO! He wants to order wings from a local place so I may let him do that and I will make the rosemary chicken.

Welcome Jenn! Hope you find much help and guidance here! We've got a great group!

Kim-I felt that way about a stupid passage, a stupid long passage, I had to read for English 112 yesterday. I really had to read it like 5 times just to understand what they guy was blabbing about!

Barbara - What a great article! I am saving that and making it a point to read it once weekly!

Jillian - Where are you today, how's that baby?

The scale is being really nice to me as of late, and not sure why! I am on track but having a few flubs here and there. If I would stick to this thing without cheats, I would be dropping some major pounds!

Hi Nicole, Dan, Lettie, Cecil, Marie, Dionne, Katie, AmyNJ, Kristin, Joni, Joan, and anyone else I may have forgotten! Hope your all having a good week!

JLem311
01-28-2009, 11:10 AM
hey everyone. i'm here. just been lurking, since i don't have much to say. just really tired/exhausted. ugh. i'm so tired of being tired! only about 3 more months to go, and i still have so much more stuff to get done. plus DS still isn't fully potty trained so that sucks. he's come a long way since we started, but nowhere near ready for preschool. plus, he has alot of growing up to do before i even think about enrolling him. he'll be 4yrs old in november, so that would mean he'd start preschool 3 months before he turns 4 or we can wait until next year and he'll be almost 5yrs old starting preschool. not sure. but if he's not fully potty trained, then he can't go anyways. so i guess that will ultimately decide it.

anyways..just thought i'd check in and say hi, since i haven't all week. i've just been really rundown and starting to finally get uncomfortable. ugh. at least i'm almost 30wks. :)

ok..hope everyone has a good day! it's awesome to see all the tickers moving moving moving! :) yay!

jewljz
01-28-2009, 11:59 AM
Hi everyone! I watched TBL last night also, I too was waiting for a 'healthy' way to prepare wings! THAT was not wings... but I'd eat it. I was also sad to see that team go and even more sad to see the small progress that the home player had made on the update - only 46 lbs??? His partner had dropped 100lbs! And I've been watching the housewives as well... it disgusts me how some people raise their kids! That 18 year old girl needs a good kick in the pants! Gretchen makes me sick... I'd like to see her squeeze out 3 kids and see what that does to her body! Is that mean? sorry...

Anyway, still kinda depressed that the 1lb will NOT go away... have not exercised this week due to absolutely no time - all my extra time has been spent scrambling to get my kid registered for a soccer team, getting a nintendo DS exchanged, living up to my 'cookie of the month' obligation to my dad, etc.

Nicole - I meant to tell you that after bragging that my cleaning lady was coming over on Friday, she didn't show up and I had to clean my OWN house this weekend... next time I will keep my mouth shut!

Dionne - hello there! Welcome back! Don't feel bad, its not easy... I had to resort to telling my DH when I gain, he's really good about keeping an eye on what I'm eating - even if he's not good at watching what he's eating - so it works out for me.

BarbaraB
01-28-2009, 02:07 PM
I watched TBL last night also, and Dan looked so much better with 101 pounds down. I felt a lot better about him being voted off after seeing him actually losing it. His partner David did not seem like he was 100% compliant with what you need to do to lose weight, but hey, I can relate, he lost 46 pounds in something like 3 months, and has people saying he didn't try. I'm sure he did try pretty hard. Not weight loss competition hard, but maybe enough to make a long term difference in his weight.

Hi There Dionne, You know they say 95% of people regain the weight that they lose, so you are just normal really. That said, there are the 5% who keep it off. So we have to wonder what do those people do? They often exercise, they often weigh themselves a lot, so they can catch a small gain before it is a big gain.... I've fallen down on this myself and just woken up one day and not fit into any of my pants, even the ones that I had not just put in the dryer so I could claim that it was just shrinking that caused them to be tight.... LOL... I'm working on it. I believe that weight control is possible, I believe that it takes a lot of effort though. we can all do it though. It is not an unachievable goal. At least if our expectations are reasonable. We might not ever become Kate Moss, but we can all be healthy.

JerseyMadchen
01-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Hey guys,

Anyone out there hate exercise as much as I do? Maybe it's just the DVDs I have... I don't know. I literally come to tears during it because I hate it that much. Should I join a gym and just go treadmill/elliptical/bike?? And just suck it up???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I did the 2 mile with Leslie just now and went to do my usual 40 jumping jacks and only got to 17. My knees were bothering me. I just gave up.

I am off to make an afterworkout smoothie and I will add spinach.

amylou7777
01-28-2009, 06:33 PM
OMG-you are crying during the DVDs? Burn them!! That is not a good sign. Maybe you could do classes at the gym-yoga/pilates/zumba, maybe the energy of everyone else will make you less focused on the fact that you are exercising. I happen to love the DVDs bc it eliminates my usual excuse about not wanting to drive to the gym. Maybe it's the ugly weather that's getting to you.

I have been slacking on exercise this week. mon-wed were just incredibly busy and work, I practically fell asleep driving home! So I'm vowing to get in 12miles by sun. You want to join me in that Amy? Or just promise to exercise every day? Let me know!

Ok-got some paperwork to finish up!

JerseyMadchen
01-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Amylou- I just really hate it. I am thinking of joining Lucille Roberts Gym. I think they are only in NJ, PA, and NY but they are a women's only gym. I will not feel so self-concious. It's a $99. registration fee and $10/month. I don't think that is bad.

I was talking to my brother's GF the other day and was telling her how much I hate it. She told me I have to just make it part of my schedule and don't even think about it. So, I looked at my calendar and figured out when I will go for the month of February. My DH works every other Saturday, so the Saturedays he is working I will go to the Triple Fat Burn class, then just hit up the gym MWF every week. That way I alternate, 3 days one week, 4 days the next. Between that and all the walking I do around campus plus WW, hopefully it will come off!!!!

I am in Amylou!! I guess I am technically 2 miles down! I think next time I will play my own music.

BTW, I found a great site for workout songs... www.isweatfitness.com. Pretty cool.

JerseyMadchen
01-28-2009, 07:09 PM
isweatmusic.com works too.

ferrarimomof2
01-28-2009, 07:22 PM
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the welcome back.

Barbara-Thanks for your words of wisdom. I, too believe that weight control is possible. I will be in that 5% this time around and be healthy.

bradleys mom
01-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Barbara - I agree with you, Daniel looked so different, and he looked a lot younger. And as for his partner, he didnt have those 4 weeks on campus to get in the zone. I think it would be so much harder to keep up with it being one of the first teams to be eliminated. I think he would have been better off being the one to stay on campus. I think Daniel is at the point where he is tired of being big and has a motivation level that leads to true commitment.

AmyNJ- I would love to join a gym but I just dont have the time or money. My excuse is having to get the kids ready and take them to my mom if DH is not home. If you think it would make a difference I would go for it! Are you still doing the 6 week WW thing? Can you post it or PM it to me?

Jillian - I remember hitting 30 weeks! thats when youre finally ready for it to be over!! Be patient, your in the home stretch!

BarbaraB
01-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Oh Amy, When I was heavier, exercise was so much harder. It hurt my knees, it hurt my feet. I actually got a stress fracture from trying to run a treadmill when I was heavier. My poor little feet couldn't stand that much of me pounding down on them.

It will get better as you lose. It will get easier. As you get in better shape and stronger it will get easier. Your knees will stop hurting you. Well unless you get a fitness instructor who goes all Jillian on you and does the million squats and lunges plan... I think I may have whimpered in the biggest loser DVD with Kim and her squats and lunges extravaganza.... Eventually you may even get an endorphin rush. My DH always gets them when he exercises, but for me that is a more rare thing... all I feel most days is glad its over with.

Still it is what everyone has to do to stay healthy. So that sounds like a good plan that you have. Try out all the different classes offered and you just might find something that suits you. You need to find something that is not going to make you want to cry, and someplace where you are comfortable. The gym I normally go to seems to be the gym of the older set. Somehow exercising next to some 85 year old guy out with his wife to the gym is not at all intimidating... really its like the aarp in there on Saturday mornings...

Mama Nicole
01-28-2009, 11:55 PM
Hi guys.........my internet was down all day....well, actually, just my router was broke..but DH came home and replaced it and now I am all good to go.

My sis came late last night, and we are going to be very busy the next few days. It is her birthday tomorrow, and I am a bit nervous about the whole eating issue. I am going to take my three weeks of strength and apply it to teh situation..........and get er done. :)

Jillian...girl, I have been thinking of you all week, wondering where you have been. I feel so bad for you that you get so drained when you are growing a baby. I was like that with my last DS, and it totally kicked my butt. Luckily, I did have some weeks that were better than others, and I keep crossing my fingers for you that you have some better days soon :) :hug:

Joni.......I started at 20 net carbs per day for two weeks, and the plan is to add 5 per day each week. I have added extra veggies and am going to add berries next. Oh, and I eat nuts too. I am trying really hard to follow the entire atkins plan this time, and add in my fruits and veggies and whole grains little by little to end up with a very nutritous balanced diet. So far, so good :) I am not a huge fan of Atkins......but I have never done it correctly either. I think it can be good if you really work hard at it.....you know, like the design of any good plan......:)

I only skimmed the posts......so if i missed anything important.....I will try to catch up tomorrow. I missed you all today :)
XOXO

Kristinx
01-29-2009, 07:59 AM
Morning everyone, what a terrible day! The weather is awful..I haven't made it to work yet...might just have to work from home.
I also can't seem to keep my resolution to stay off the scale when it is not weigh in day. Had a good weigh in tuesday and then wednesday I go up a half pound and have stayed there! I have been POP and have been exercising everyday and it is not moving! I wanted to cry this morning and give up! I am trying to give myself a pep talk though...look at the big picture, but it just feels like I will never get this weight off! Makes me torn between feeling like eating everything in sight, or just not eating anything at all...lol

Mama Nicole
01-29-2009, 09:30 AM
Kristin.........we declared the sclae evil about 2 years ago. I challenge you to stay off of it for one full week. So you go to a COD to WI? If you do..........it is fine to WI there.......but as for home, go put it in the attic for one week. It is simply not good for you to let the numbers determine your success or failure. I know it is hard........most of us are not only addicted to food, but also to the evil sclae. You can do this........:)
XOXO

ferrarimomof2
01-29-2009, 09:30 AM
Good Morning everyone,

I hope everyone has a great day. It is cold here right now. However, it is supposed to warm up a little this afternoon before it turns cold again tonight. I hope it is warm enough for my son and I to walk this afternoon. Well, it is clean the house from top to bottom day so I better go.

Have a great day.

Kristinx
01-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Nicole, you're right...I think I need to do that...just worried it'll make me go off track...this could be the perfect week to do it though...next week is TOM and those fluctuations might just drive me to insanity. I'll do my regular weigh in tommorrow and then get my bf to hide the scale somewhere for me...and won't weigh in till next Friday.

I don't weigh in at a centre...doing this all on my own! With the help of you guys too!

Mama Nicole
01-29-2009, 09:57 AM
It is cold here as well......but not bitterly cold. We actually have 6 inches of snow on the ground............which is kind of like a miracle around here. The kids are in heaven. They finally had school today..........they have been off a lot lately due to weather and illness. I am so ready for a couple of weeks of regular school attendance. My house is a fright.

Ok, have to get ready........I have to take little Fluffball to the vet today for shots and go pick up sissy's b-day cake from Oberweiss. You know, I have been there many times, and only gotten icecream once. I am always on a diet when I go there........sucks.
XOXO

Mama Nicole
01-29-2009, 09:58 AM
posting at the same time as you, Kristin.........go for it.......you can do it. It is very liberating :)
XOXO

Dan2112
01-29-2009, 10:16 AM
Hola chicas!

Been pretty slammed this week tying up loose ends and business before spending all of next week in Tucson at a training session. I'm driving there on Sunday, which will force me to miss any Superbowl festivities planned in the neighborhood.. I guess in reality, that's not a bad thing, as I'm sure the pizza and hotwings would beckon...

I scoped out the area around my hotel and was happy to find there's a Subway right across the street, which will grant easy access to salad, of course.. There is a Burger King in the area, but I don't much care for BK, so that won't be too hard to resist..

Have a great day all!

Joni135
01-29-2009, 12:01 PM
Hola Chico Dan! Tip in case you get bored with Subway. You can go to Burger King and just order their grilled chicken strips all by themselves and munch those after a hard workout. No need to get them with a salad or a sandwich. When I did this they didn't charge me much either....I like their little foil bag of grilled chicken!

Thanks for the carb info Nicole. I know I should give this low carb a try, but I have to wrap my brain around it. Low calorie and exercise is NOT working for me.

I don't drink much, but thought this was a good take on why alcohol probably isn't the best thing for weight loss....
Alcohol is metabolized differently than other foods and beverages. Under normal conditions, your body gets its energy from the calories in carbohydrates, fats and proteins that need to be slowly digested in the stomach—but not when alcohol is present. When alcohol is consumed, it gets special privileges and needs no digestion. The alcohol molecules diffuse through the stomach wall as soon as they arrive and can reach the brain and liver in minutes. This reaction is slightly slowed when there is also food in your system, but as soon as the mixed contents enter the small intestine, the alcohol grabs first place and is absorbed quickly. The alcohol then arrives at the liver for processing. The liver places all of its attention on the alcohol. Therefore, the carbohydrates (glucose) and dietary fats are just changed into body fat, waiting to be carried away for permanent fat storage in the body.

Nicole - be strong this week; sounds like you have a challenging few days. Make sure you have a carb friendly treat to enjoy while those around you are scarfing down cake!

Do newbies know why we spell SCALE the wrong way ("sclae")? Oh geez....why do we spell it sclae. I can't remember.

Amy - for Super Bowl Sunday, I'm going to make this Dip that Hungry Girl posted...I've never cooked squash before, so this will be interesting. I did check my can of fat free refried beans and there are 120 calories in half a cup of these beans and a 1/2 cup of squash only has about 20 calories. Worth the effort.

Skinny Dip!
We're serious suckers for layers of cheesy, bean-packed, meaty stuff we can dip crisp veggies and baked chips into (yay!). This dip happens to be so delicious, that we've been wrapping it up in high-fiber tortillas and even eating it straight. And why stop at seven measly layers? HG has upped the ante, adding an eighth guilt-free layer to this fun fiesta food. Pay extra close attention to our most valuable layer (sorry, we had to!), spiced mashed butternut squash; it makes the perfect swap for refried beans.

Ingredients:
4 cups shredded lettuce
4 oz. fat-free sour cream
1 cup canned black beans; heated
10 oz. (about 2 and a 1/2 cups) butternut squash cubes
2 cups cherry tomatoes; chopped
1 cup diced onion
4 oz. roasted red peppers (not packed in oil); chopped
1 pouch (4 oz.) BOCA Ground Burger (or another ground meat substitute, like the Morningstar Farms version**)
1 oz. low-calorie cheddar cheese
3 and a 1/2 tsp. taco seasoning
Optional: lime juice, salt, and pepper

Directions: Begin by combining half of the tomatoes with all of the onion. If desired, season to taste with salt, pepper, and lime juice; set aside. Next, nuke squash in a covered microwave-safe dish with 2 tbsp. water for 6 - 7 minutes (until squash is tender enough to mash). Using a fork or potato masher, mash squash to a pulp. Mix in 1 and a 1/2 tsp. of the taco seasoning and set aside. In a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray, combine Boca Ground Burger, tomatoes and the remaining 2 tsp. of taco seasoning and cook until crumbles are defrosted and mixture is thoroughly heated. In a large dish, layer ingredients in this order: lettuce, butternut squash mixture, tomato/onion mix, sour cream, black beans, "meat" mixture, cheese shreds, red peppers. Delicious served hot or cold! Makes approximately eight 1-cup servings!

Serving Size: 1/8th recipe; approx. 1 cup
Calories: 100
Fat: 1g
Sodium: 400mg
Carbs: 18g
Fiber: 4g
Sugars: 3.5g
Protein: 7g

Repo girl
01-29-2009, 01:07 PM
Sclae- Nicole's embarrassing misspelling for scale, well typo actually, that was a thread title and could not be edited. We all gave her a pretty hard time about it, and the spelling has stuck.

bradleys mom
01-29-2009, 01:22 PM
LMBO! I remember that Katie!! Oh, the good times!

BarbaraB
01-29-2009, 01:50 PM
Nicole, I have a really challenging few days in front of me also. Tomorrow is my company's winter party. Which is going to be at this peruvian restaurant that serves tapas, so all appetizers and an open bar. Sunday is the superbowl, but we are not having a party this year like we have had the last few in a row. I'm glad. Monday is my birthday and we have dinner reservations at what is supposed to be a really great restaurant. A couple days after that is my DD's 20th birthday and she wants to go out for Italian food.

So anyway, my plan is to try to stay as close to plan as I can, except perhaps I'll just allow myself maintenance portions for the day on my birthday.... since I want to treat myself, but not go wild. Even with maintenance exchanges, you still have to watch yourself on a night out.

Joni, how interesting that is about alcohol! I'm not sure how the scale became the sclae, but I do recall Kristen (original) was going to be throwing hers off an overpass somewhere... or something like that... I do believe it just came out of the frustrations with the devious fluctations of that device.

Kristin (current), you are doing great. Your weight loss is going just like it should, you are doing exactly what you should be doing. Really and truly, even though you are feeling impatient to see progress.. if you lost weight any quicker it would likely be unhealthy for you. You can lose a big part of your body's lean muscle mass if you diet too hard, and that only harms your body's ability to burn calories and makes you more likely to regain the weight later. Really and truly you do not want that, to lose quickly only to regain later and end up putting on even more, and ending up even fatter. That is the path of the crash diet. This is a sensible diet. The results may not be as fast, but they are more lasting. For myself, I want to be thin for the rest of my life, not thin for a glorious week.

Hoochie
01-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Hi everyone! Having a tough week. I have been out every night for the past 4 nights and the saga continues until next Monday. I hate when I don't have one free night to myself. Between work and kids, it doesn't seem to want to end. I am also pms-ing which so does not help!
Some days a person just needs to vent a bit and today is my day!

I went to my aerobics class on Tuesday. One hour is a long time for aerobics. I think I was ready to die after twenty minutes. Too many cute little skinnie things in my class...just depressing!

Gotta go before I carry on with the negative!

Joan

Kimphin
01-29-2009, 04:11 PM
Do newbies know why we spell SCALE the wrong way ("sclae")? Oh geez....why do we spell it sclae. I can't remember.

Too funny! I was thinking the very same thing! I love the fact that we still spell it that way over 2 years later. Makes me laugh all the time. Then The last time I typed it I thought that there were only a handful of us left that would remember the story.

Sclae- Nicole's embarrassing misspelling for scale, well typo actually, that was a thread title and could not be edited. We all gave her a pretty hard time about it, and the spelling has stuck.

Katie remembers!

Joni135
01-29-2009, 08:04 PM
Thanks Katie for the "sclae" story...How in the world do you recall these details with all you have going on in your life!??

How come when I don't work out I feel like a "Fattyboomblatty" (another word from the past!)?

JerseyMadchen
01-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Hey guys!

Not much going on here. I get to see my DH tomorrow night for the WHOLE weekend this time and I am so excited. Oh, and i am joining a gym tomorrow. I also have a quiz in one of my classes on Gilgamesh, but I will cram from what's ont he internet after this.

I have been thinking about the whole exercise thing. And the losing weight. My goal is to shop at NY&Co again. I know it may sounds stupid, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE that store. And I can't really wear their clothes anymore. Not the hot work clothes or the jeans, or anything other than their sweatsuits.

My DH doesn't care if i lose weight, but I think he's lying. His first wife was a little tramp, so he is very insecure. Which is totally understandable. He thinks that if Ilose weight I am going to leave him. Um, no!!

But he's being really supportive about the gym thing as well as my lifestyle change.

Well, good luck to those of you with temptations looming this weekend!

Stay warm, you Northerners!!! (Well, more North than me. I ama Yankee when I visit the in-laws in VA!!!)

amylou7777
01-30-2009, 03:43 AM
Hi Amy! I got 3miles in this morning with Leslie with 20 jumping jacks! I even walked the dog in the park for an hour! I'm planning on 3 (maybe 4) miles in the morning. GL at the gym. I think you will love the change of pace.

I think DH will love a thinner you. And wow I know what you mean about NY&Co. I walked by that store in the mall last week and really wanted to walk in but didn't. I know I can't fit yet, but I visualized myself walking in there in a couple months! That was my favorite store in college--but I haven't been able to go in for quite a while.

Felt good to exercise today! I'd been a lazy bum for a week, so it was time.

Lettie-where are ya?

Nicole, Kimphin-look at those tickers! Wow! Hoping to change mine soon.

Holy moly it's late here. I'll be on tomorrow. I was pretty good today with my food, I had some steak which is usually not scale friendly for me.

Mini goals for Friday: walk 3 miles, get in 4 full veggies, only high fiber carbs.

Happy Friday!

Kristinx
01-30-2009, 06:28 AM
Weigh in day! Only down 0.2 since Tuesday...but down 1.8 lbs in a week so can't complain really! TOM is coming next week..I'm hoping maybe that is what is contributing to the slowdown.
Anyway, DB is gonna hide the scale on me today so I won't weigh until next Friday...I'm scared! I could do a lot of damage in a week if I'm not careful

bradleys mom
01-30-2009, 07:45 AM
Hey guys!

Not much going on here. I get to see my DH tomorrow night for the WHOLE weekend this time and I am so excited. Oh, and i am joining a gym tomorrow. I also have a quiz in one of my classes on Gilgamesh, but I will cram from what's ont he internet after this.

I have been thinking about the whole exercise thing. And the losing weight. My goal is to shop at NY&Co again. I know it may sounds stupid, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE that store. And I can't really wear their clothes anymore. Not the hot work clothes or the jeans, or anything other than their sweatsuits.

My DH doesn't care if i lose weight, but I think he's lying. His first wife was a little tramp, so he is very insecure. Which is totally understandable. He thinks that if Ilose weight I am going to leave him. Um, no!!

But he's being really supportive about the gym thing as well as my lifestyle change.

Well, good luck to those of you with temptations looming this weekend!

Stay warm, you Northerners!!! (Well, more North than me. I ama Yankee when I visit the in-laws in VA!!!)

LOL, Yup, we would consider you a yankee alright!! ;) Oh and no it doesnt sound stupid that you want to shop a NY Co again, I have never been able to fit into Old Navy's clothing, that is my goal to be able to go on a shopping spree there. (EVen if it is there XXL size!) I was almost there before I got pregnant with Isaiah!

Mama Nicole
01-30-2009, 09:35 AM
How come when I don't work out I feel like a "Fattyboomblatty" (another word from the past!)?
Oh, such a classic :) I think we feel that way sometimes cuz the inner fat girl smells a weak link. She's like........'ohhhh, so maybe she is done with this silly exercising....now's my chance to go in for the kill.' Don't listen to her Joni........she's stupid. You can take a day off of exercising with no guilt. You know you will get right back on it today :) Tell that hag (the IFG, inner fat girl) to chill :)
XOXO

Repo girl
01-30-2009, 10:10 AM
I am wondering if Lettie has been a victim of power outage from that big ice storm. Doesn't she live right in that area?

Nicole- Ah, yes, good times, good times.

Joni- What can I say, I've got a mind like an elephant.....and a butt like one too! Haha, just kidding.

jewljz
01-30-2009, 11:13 AM
YAY!!! I finally lost that pound that came on after Christmas and just wanted to stick around!!! Its been gone for 2 days so I put my ticker back! Funny how I'm so quick to change my ticker when I lose, but dread changing it when I gain! Frustrating part is that I haven't exercised in several days now and feel like that is why the 1lb came back off. I ALWAYS gain when I start exercising regularly... but I'm not going to let this stop me - I promised my 11yo DS that we would train together for the Race for the Cure 5K - he's pretty interested in running so this will be a fun thing for us to do together.

My take on exercise - its so hard to actually get started, but once its over I feel really good that I did it. A lot of times if I am doing it at home I fight with myself in my head about quitting, its so hard to stay motivated. If I am at the gym I tend to stay for a good amount of time because I don't want others to think I am a quitter. I think the best thing for me was when I was going to Gold's Gym - they have a theater room and so its like your not even exercising, you are just watching a movie! But I didn't join this year and have vowed to use the fitness center here at work and do my workouts from the DVR - I need to just kick myself in the pants and stop quitting when I am doing it at home!

Kristin - 1/2 lb? you probably just needed to poop! j/k :) I went through all those ups and downs too - it'll happen, just be patient and stick to the rules!

bradleys mom
01-30-2009, 02:54 PM
Y'all remember when Nicoles number keys wouldnt work and she seemed like she was lacking personality for a week or so?? lol She had no exclamation points whatsoever!

BarbaraB
01-30-2009, 03:18 PM
Kristin, Don't worry, just try to be as good as you can on plan, and when you get on the scale next week, it will likely be good. It is the average over many weeks that counts really, not what happens any one day. It is being consistently eating better.

Joni, My DH has been feeling under the weather so he didn't go to spin class and I stayed home with him... So I am starting to worry my thighs are going to go to mush any minute now. LOL... Actually I had been to so many spin classes in a row, that I needed a bit of a break... been a little long now, but I'll get up and go tomorrow... and I'll probably get up and go to the 5:45 one on Monday. I just need to get better at doing a variety of things, and using what I have at home. I always say I'm going to to it, but then I don't actually follow through.

Julie, Perhaps the scale is not so kind to exercisers, but the tape measure surely is. Few people ever really see the numbers on the scale, but the size of your tush is a lot more visible.

Isn't it sad how when we gain weight we start going into different stores and limiting the way we shop. For me when I had lost the weight, it was a whole lot of fun to go into the Black Market White House store, and buy Mediums... I totally overshot before I felt confident in going in there... As they had XL and L and when I finally felt I was "worthy" of shoping there I was in M. The things I bought that day made me feel like a million bucks. I didn't spend much money on myself for clothes when I was heavy, since I was always hoping that I would not be staying long at that size, so why spend money on something sure as heck better not be something you fit into for long...

Mama Nicole
01-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Y'all remember when Nicoles number keys wouldnt work and she seemed like she was lacking personality for a week or so?? lol She had no exclamation points whatsoever!

lol.........that was a bad week. I think I went through two keyboards, due to sticky kids fingers and coffee (yeah, I am going to try to blame that on the kids too......:lol:)

JerseyMadchen
01-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Hey guys!

Happy Friday!

BarbaraB- I love White House Black Market but have never shopped there. I didn't know that they sold L and XL, but they are both too small for me now. That is another store that I am so psyched to shop in again!

I joined the gym today ladies and Dan! I am so excited. I did a quick mile on the treadmill but then left. I am going tomorrow for my orientation class. I signed up for a personal trainer too. I asked the hubby for 4 sessions for Vday! We'll see.

Well, classes are over for the week, housewife time! Laundry, vacuuming, dishes, you name it!

See you guys!

Kristinx
01-31-2009, 09:30 PM
Just dropping in...hope everyone is having a good weekend. I have stayed off the scale so far....getting on the Wii Fit might be cheating a bit...but that never gives the same result as a scale does first thing in the a.m. It's a tough addiction to give up...i think i was weighing like 5 times a day...no wonder I was going crazy!

ferrarimomof2
02-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Good Morning everyone,

I hope that everyone is having a great day. I am fighting a cold and I think it is winning. I just wanted to check in and see how my "I buddies" were doing.

Have a great day.

Kimphin
02-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Happy Super Bowl day everyone!

Yes, Lettie has no power, and according to her FB status, is not happy about it! I feel her pain, back in December when we had our big ice storm I was NOT in a good mood after 4 days with no juice! I hope it comes on soon for her.

I am sick. Thanks DH. The only good thing about it is that I have a week to get better before going away. I am also going to start back at the gym this week, since my back is about 98% now.

OK, came into work to get some stuff done - better do it!

Repo girl
02-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Oh no! Poor Lettie! Are we missing anyone else because of the weather?

Kristinx
02-02-2009, 07:48 AM
Happy Monday everyone! I was sooo BAD this weekend! Ugh! Well bad is relative...bad on program but not as bad as I was before program...anyway...I feel really bad, but trying not to beat myself up about it. Just get back on track today. After all...some weekends are just gonna be like that and one bad weekend is not worth giving up over...it's a journey...and every good journey has a few detours along the way :)

Hope everyone else survived SuperBowl weekend without too much trouble

JennHill
02-02-2009, 10:48 AM
I was very bad also...but I just figure it's one day and I will get back on track today. The way I feel also I shouldn't have a difficult time to get back on track. My stomach is all upset. Have a good week everyone....

Jennifer