Old 01-26-2009, 12:14 AM   #1  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

Default ********Weekly Chat Jan 26-30********

Hehe, I got to start the thread this week. Yippie!

Since this got in on the tail end of things on the last thread I carried it over....

I had the most hilarious thing happen to me this weekend.

My mom and I decided to do 2 favorite redneck traditions, go to Bass Pro Shop and WalMart. I also decided as we were going out to go and get my car washed because I had a ton of bird poop on it from the tree I have to park under in our driveway. We get in the auto car wash everything is going good, rinse cycle hits. My mom goes "OMG, Your window is leaking!" Sure enough its dripping water, I figured I didn't roll the window all the way up before I got in. So I hit the button to roll UP the window, the thing reads it as I wanted it to go DOWN and its one of those windows that you only have to touch once to go all the way down it goes ALL the way DOWN. Mind you the car wash is still going full steam ahead. The button comes off (which is normal occasionally) and I cant get the window back up. I start freaking out screaming the whole 9 yards, my mom meanwhile is busting a gut laughing at me. I try to get the button back on and my hands are shaking so bad I cant. I am getting soaked by the water sprayers in the rinse cycle of the car wash. I finally get the window up after it seems like an eternity, in reality it was probably only like 10 seconds. I look at my mom and just start busting out laughing and we hee haw'd it up for a good 5 minutes outside of the car wash. I was so wet I had to go home and change clothes before we could continue our journey.

So now I have to have my dad check my car window to make sure that its not leaking and get my little window control thingy fixed. LOL my life.

Last edited by Bee20nine; 01-26-2009 at 12:16 AM.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:39 AM   #2  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

Disgruntled: We actually warmed up some yesterday, its been sitting pretty much around 30 or below for the last 2 weeks. Yesterday was the first time it had hit 40, so we were in the middle of a heat wave LOL.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:48 AM   #3  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

maybe you just needed a shower
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/195/175

Height: 5'7"

Hehe! What a great story... if not such a great experience at the time. Sorry you got soaked, but at least you got a good laugh afterward.
Arcana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/188.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Bee - That is hilarious! I was actually lol when I read that because I can totally picture something like that happening to me! Too funny!!!

Disgruntled - Where at in KS are you? I'm in Hutchinson, right in the center. It was freaking cold here yesterday! Now today we are supposed to start getting freezing rain, yuck! I think the high today is 20!!!
erynn1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Morning Ladies,

I just LOVE mondays because everyone comes back. After friday evening it is pretty much a ghost town around here. I know it is still early so I will be seeing more of my girls in a few. I hope everyone had a good weekend. I did really well in my opinion. And I was a regular little miss betty crocker this weekend...my BF appreciated it and so did my diet.. I didn't workout Thurs Fri or Sat so I did not let SUnday go by. Didn't want to get into the habit of not So I made myself. Well Boxing starts tonight....Excited and nervous cause I haven't done it in a while.

Alright ladies get on here I wanna hear ya'lls wild a** weekends...

Bejwel I sure hope you feel better soon.

Arts Good luck on your auditons

Taylor Great job keeping everything going with such a busy schedule

Tara I hope you had a great birthday. What did you do?

HWGA Hey Girlie...Luv ya

Bee The story was funny as crap....but is going to WalMart a "redneck tradition"? Everyone goes to walmart.

Ok I cna't remember anything else from last week.

Last edited by CakeBatter; 01-26-2009 at 09:49 AM.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:25 AM   #7  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Bee- That made my morning sooo much better hearing that story! I TOTALLY would have something like that happen to me.

So I went out Thursday night and crashed into a snow bank...nothing is wrong with my car but it still scared me as I was doing a 360 in the middle of the road with my son in the car. Friday night I ended up eating some burritos from Taco Bell(bad idea). Saturday I was doing well until after work we went to have some drinks at La's(mexican(kind of) restaurant) and I had a soft taco dinner. Then yesterday I was trying to be a lot better but ended up sharing some chips and artichoke dip with a friend...then went home and had a little bit of ice cream! I cannot WAIT to get my own place so I am not eating like this on a tangent. Oh and I didn't work out this weekend at all.

Needless to say I feel bloated and am up like 4 lbs...darnit...all that salt in the food... So today is totally going to be NO CARBS!! and I am goign to kick butt at some tae bo.
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Carter- Are you ok? That would have totally freaked me out! I've actually done that before in the rain and it was so scary.... I had Taco Bell on Friday night.... I feel you girl! lol

Cake- that's exactly what I was thinking! When is Wal-Mart considered redneck? lol Bass Pro I can see, it's like heaven to most of the guys I know back home. lol But Wal-Mart?I know its from Arkansas and all, but that's my people. lol

So it's Monday and I'm back at work. I wonder if boss will say anything about last week. I know he got the message and the boss's wife called me Friday, we shall see!
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:02 AM   #9  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

Here is an article on the firont page of fox news right now. I cant even form an opinion on it right now.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,482788,00.html

Last edited by Bee20nine; 01-26-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:12 AM   #10  
Get through today

*Looking at the temp outside... -18 degrees* I have to keep the water in my kitchen running at a trickle so my pipes don't freeze. Oh, winter!

My weekend was ok. Saturday was a waste as I slept almost all day. I'm not sure if it's my meds or just winter. Sunday I cleaned all morning, vacuuming up dog hair and cat litter, oh joy! Then my bro came over in the evening and we watched Stepbrothers (hilarious!) and Wanted (slow-mo bloody and awesome). In Wanted, I just kept thinking A: James McAvoy is adorably hot, and B: Angelina Jolie is smokin' hot even with blood gushing from her head. Err, foodwise this weekend was a disaster, so I'll be stepping it up this week (must make more veggie burgers!). Also need to get back to exercising on a regular basis (my cold is almost done, can now almost breath in and out without coughing so hard I throw up -- yeah, good times!).

Oh, and I think there was a question before of what kind of dog I have. I was told he's a labradoodle/spaniel mix, but he's very large so he might be something else. He's looking a lot like a Spinone, white with tan markings.

Bee20nine -- your story cracked me up! And also, I'm soo sorry! I understand the car issues...

Blcarter84 -- Let's you and I both chalk this weekend up to, umm, not the best food choices and start over, what do you say??
BellaHTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:14 AM   #11  

Height: 5'9"

Mornin' Ladies!

It's *so* cold here, it's like -28 or something crazy like that. I was outside for 2 minutes and I couldn't breathe...... Is winter over yet? Yeesh.... I'm sick of it already! I swear I was not suppose to be Canadian, more like Mexican, Californian, or Caribbean! That's more my style!

This is my detox week... DAY ONE.
NO MORE FAST FOOD. Happy to say my 2 week binge is now over.

I managed to catch tonsillitus somehow somewhere I've had it since Friday... it was *very* painful when I woke up Friday morning, went to a walk-in clinic and got some antibiotics (which BTW, make me very sick), went for a drive with my friend Friday night and bought a "Reduced carb" Monster energy drink, after the first sip my tonsillitus disappeared.....No more pain, no pus on my tonsils, everything went back to normal I think I may have found a quick cure to good ole' tonsillitus! lol I'm still taking the antibiotics....Just incase.

Have a good day ladies

Last edited by luvja; 01-26-2009 at 10:15 AM.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:59 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Luvja- You crack me up! Monster a cure for tonsillitus? lol that's what I'm talking about. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Bella- I just want to say I miss you! I don't see how y'all do it in the cold! I'm spoiled being in CA. It's 35 this morning and I feel like I'm going to die!

My boss talked to me this morning. I think it was good. He said that he knows that his son can be like that and needs to learn how to treat people. I feel much better! My boss said I did everything right and that he's glad that I take pride in my job and he's glad to have me.... I feel like I'm in kindergarten and just got a gold star for the day. lol
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:21 AM   #13  
Get through today

luvja -- This is awesome!! I love cures like this. And your temp beats my temp, and not in a good way! damn winter!!!

HWGA -- I miss you too! I know I've been out for a while, things have just been... jumbled in my life... And Just goes to show that people can come out ahead doing the right thing. That was a tough spot and you're awesome for standing up for yourself!!!
BellaHTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:23 AM   #14  
Its Alana Time

S/C/G: 217/ticker/150

Height: 5'4.5''

Morning Everyone

Yes I have been MIA all of last week. Sorry about that. But when your boss wants you to correct almost 1400 email addresses that are wrong, life gets a little crazy. But I have still managed to check out what you all are saying. Just no time to post.

Bee - that's funny. Sorry you got soaked, but you have a story out of it. And Walmart definitely is not redneck. I remember when all there was out here was a Walmart. I miss those days of less traffic. Oh and I read the article. Are they serious? That is just messed up.

Cake - so jealous that you are doing boxing. I have a list of 21 things I want to do in 2009 and boxing is #21.

Carter - Glad to hear that you are okay. Don't worry about this weekend. Its behind you . Time to move forward.

Luvja - umm you should let the makers of the energy drink know this. You might have just made a discovery. Glad you are feeling better.

Time for the gym then off to get my free samples from the mall.
starmac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:28 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Luvja I am glad you found such an awesome cure for your tonsilitus. And congratulations fon starting day one detox.

Bella I watched Stepbrothers this weekend too!. That crap was friggin hilarious. And Good Lord it is cold there. Hallelujah I live in VA

HWGA Great news about your boss. You deserve a gold star...so YAY for you.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote