Old 01-25-2009, 08:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/132/120

Default What is the best plan for me?

Hi

I successfully ate on the South Beach WOE and lost 43lbs. Life and other things got in the way, and I once again need to lose about 50lbs.

I'm currently searching for the best diet for me.

Some of the lower carb diets avoid fruits in the first phase, and I know that won't work for me.

I am a fulltime student, I worry that I would not make it through some of the 'induction/Phase 1' of the various diets because of potential weakness.

I suffer from constipation as well I have gallbladder disease and am waiting for surgery.

I can surely use to eat better but am not sure of the plan that will best suit me.

Any suggestions?
bella152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

This may not be the answer you are looking for but it is an honest one. The best plan for you is the one you can stick to for life because this needs to be a lifestyle change-not a diet you go on and off so think about what you can do forever and not what it will be like for a week or two.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/155

Height: 5'9"

Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with a simple calorie-counting program. There are lots of free tools on the web, like livestrong.com/thedailyplate , to help you keep track of what you eat and make sure you hit a calorie deficit each day, or you can shell out some money for Weight Watchers and get some community support and accountability. If you burn 3,500 fewer calories than you eat (including the nearly 2,000 calories you burn just by being alive every day!), then you'll lose a pound of fat. Pretty simple, pretty easy to understand and stick to long-term.
jajabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/222.5/165

Height: 5'7

Red face

The best plan is the one that fits into ur life and day to day routine. I perfer liquid diets cause it is easier and I don't have to worry about preparing foods. But that is not the diet I am on. I am doing the MRC program which fits into my accoutnablity level. Either way, good luck cause it ain't easy or cheap!
junebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Would jumping to phase2 of SBD give you more structure than you have right now? Skip phase 1.
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 208/208/135

Height: 5'5

Default me too!

Hello
I also found success on the South Beach diet but gained it all back plus a few more the last couple of years. I also find now that the limitation of fruit is hard for me to handle (I love fruit smoothies for breakfast). Have you thought about Somersizing???? It is also somewhat a low carb diet but it is based on the principal of food combining as well and allows low GI fruits in the first phase. Check it out! It may be what you have been looking for. I, myself, will be starting it this weekend once I get all the food I need. I haven't reached my post limit to be able to post links/websites in here yet but you can find more info if you are interested, at suzeannesomers.com and go to Somersizing. Good Luck.
fluffygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella152 View Post
Hi

I'm currently searching for the best diet for me.

Any suggestions?

The one that works!

No seriously ... I think that every diet in the world depends basically on the premise that you burn more calories than you take in.

I'm no expert by any means but calorie counting seems to me to be the logical (and easiest to me) choice.

I have done other diets including the Adkins diet and lost a little but as SOON as I stopped I gained what little bit I lost and then some!

To me it makes sense to control portion sizes and eat more frequently and healthier along with regular exercise and make it a lifelong choice.

I have had to change the way I think and it was easier than I thought.

good luck!
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote