100 lb. Club - Team Washington

View Full Version : Team Washington

rodeogirl
01-25-2009, 04:40 PM
We're a lot like you, a little different.

I think the Pemco ad campaign has done a nice job capturing the uniqueness that is Washington. It's a little Western WA centric but that's ok, that's how everything usually is anyhow.

I'm wondering how many Washintonians we have here in the 100lb club. It seems like there's a number of us. Time for a roll call!

Michelle98272
01-25-2009, 05:42 PM
Hi, Rodeogirl. Of course, I'm another team member from Washington. I'm from the warmer-wetter side than you! I live about 30 minutes Northeast of Seattle in beautiful MON-roe, Washington. (Some of the old timey folks from here pronounce it with a Southern flair. The rest of us say "Mun-roe" just like Marilyn's last name).

Thanks for the Team Washington shout out!:carrot:

rodeogirl
01-25-2009, 10:02 PM
I've lived all over and actually lived in Monroe for about 3 months a couple years ago out on Old Owen Road in an 80 year old farmhouse. And I went to the fair this year with my nieces and nephews. :)

Ok I know there's more of you. You can run, but you can't hide.

SwimGirl
01-26-2009, 03:30 AM
I'm not really from Washington, just about 30-45 minutes away though in Vancouver, BC!

-Aimee

rodeogirl
01-26-2009, 03:56 AM
Vancouver is kind of like a close cousin. :)

Idealperson
01-26-2009, 05:56 PM
I actually live in Wisconsin but travel to Washington for my job almost weekly!
I usually stay at a hotel downtown, but next week I'm gonna try the Gaylord on the Potomac!

Sheila53
01-26-2009, 06:04 PM
I was living in Seattle (where I also grew up) when I joined 3FC in 2002 at the start of my weight loss journey. But since then I've moved twice. As the state song says, though, Washington, my home, wherever I may roam. . .

Idealperson
01-26-2009, 06:08 PM
oops! I thought you were talking about DC, not the state! I haven't been there! Sorry!

How's the weather? Maybe I'll come for a visit!

Redflame
01-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Yakima here, where it is always sunny! OK, its 17 degrees today in the middle of the day, but the sun is still out!

Pokermonkey
01-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Hi Rodeogirl:
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
Tacoma here, reporting for duty (weight loss duty, that is)

:grouphug:

losingitandlosingitwell
01-26-2009, 09:21 PM
DT Seattle here, Go Team Washington!

Windchime
01-26-2009, 09:51 PM
Right smack in the middle of the state here! It looks like my closest neighbor is Redflame. My sister lives on the rainy side of the state and I visit her frequently and like it over there very much--but this is home to me!

Schumeany
01-26-2009, 09:57 PM
OK, so I'm not in the 100 lb. club, but I saw Washington and had to post. I went to the UW for undergrad and for law school, and we live in Mukilteo now.

Michelle98272
01-26-2009, 10:55 PM
OK, so I'm not in the 100 lb. club, but I saw Washington and had to post. I went to the UW for undergrad and for law school, and we live in Mukilteo now.

I work in Mukilteo! Too weird. I always had this impression that everyone was so far away!!

Schumeany, congrats on the size 4's, btw. I was elated to fit my fat a** back into size 20's. I can't imagine how good size 4 would feel.

Schumeany
01-26-2009, 11:12 PM
Michelle, it is really funny because the first time I saw your picture on here, I thought you looked sooo familiar. Now I probably know why! I always think of the other people on here as living on the other side of the world...or at least the other side of the country...not working down the street. Which is silly of course... :)

rodeogirl
01-27-2009, 06:06 AM
Well I'm pretty close to the center myself - if I want to go to Costco it's Issaquah or Yakima. Issaquah is further but then I incorporate other things in the trip.

Did you all see the blue sky today? woot

Scarlet
01-27-2009, 12:33 PM
Hello fellow Washingtonians!! I was born in Seattle and have lived here nearly my whole life (because it's such a beautiful state, don't we agree!!).

We recently moved across the water to the eastside, we live just outside Redmond on the Redmond/Fall City Rd. I work in Seattle but the commute is all freeway so under 30 minutes.

Blue Sky yesterday, and snow today---it's always interesting here, isn't it?

Willow98248
01-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Hello From the Border....Head up I-5 and stop when you get to Canada and you find me here in Blaine!! It's cold windy today...my poor little was getting pushed around by the wind!! Poor Guy!! Moved out here from Wisconsin about 6 years ago and I LOVE MY MOUNTAINS!! Happy to be here amongest good Washingtonian Company!!

Redflame
01-27-2009, 01:55 PM
21 degrees at 10am, and we are starting to see a few snow flakes. I am so tired of the cold! Lost 10 pounds and my body is missing the insulation. I am usually NEVER cold, but I cannot seem to warm up the last month or so.

OK, so my whining is done......I don't miss the wet side---errhhh I mean the West side. I used to live the the Centralia/Chehalis area and I really do not miss the rain.

Redflame
01-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Willow--you and I are at about the same numbers----except you have the advantage of being 10 years younger than I am! I am so happy to be under the 300 mark, but man has it been a struggle to get very far away from it!

SwimGirl
01-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Alright, what's with this snow?? I do miss the rain, it's so much better than the snow! Sorry RedFlame! We were almost rid of the stuff that came in December!

-Aimee

Willow98248
01-27-2009, 03:11 PM
Yes we are!! Don't worry...just keep working at it...we'll get there!!

losingitandlosingitwell
01-27-2009, 10:13 PM
yeah, i am OVER the bad weather. i've actually spent the past 4 years in software consulting (implementations) and another 5 years out of state for school, so this is the first gray (+ in the case of this year, white) seattle winter. it's miiiiiserable. waaah.

but yes, i remind myself the spring and summer will make up for all of that nonsense. and I do love seattle. it's such a cute city.

Scarlet
01-28-2009, 02:48 AM
I was so glad the snow today turned to rain! I would like to see some warmer weather--it's cold in the morning when I wait with my granddaughter for her school bus!

Willow98248
01-28-2009, 10:26 AM
I can't believe I am going to say this but...I miss the rain!! I saw SNOW again!!

Michelle98272
01-28-2009, 05:44 PM
It is sunny and 45 here in Everett (I work in Everett and Mukilteo). I love this type of day: blue sky and all the sun you could want!!

Erin2tall
01-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Another Washingtonian here :) Been born and raised here, born in Swedish hospital actually lol. Never really lived anywhere else (except for an awful stint in Ohio). I've lived several places across the state and I have to say Mukilteo is my favorite. I would love to get back up there, living in Kent right now though and its not so bad. Much closer to work which is great because this state stinks for traffic!

mariamherrera
01-28-2009, 06:45 PM
hello! I'm in the 300lbs forum mostly but I' ma Washington girl myself had to stop by and say hey! I consider myself a Tacoma girl since I lived there mostly but I just moved to gig harbor 3 months ago across the bridge so now I'm one of the "snobby gig harborites" haha yeah right! I Also lived in the Lacey/ Olympia, Tumwater area for about 2 years! but Tacoma is my home town in Washington!

rodeogirl
01-28-2009, 09:11 PM
Much closer to work which is great because this state stinks for traffic!

Yeah, today cars were two deep at the 4-way stop by my house. Talk about traffic! It took me 6 minutes to get to my internship instead of 5 and a half.

:p

SwimGirl
01-29-2009, 01:42 AM
I enjoyed every bit of the warm weather today! It was like a little piece of heaven for me.. lol. What a weird year!!

-Aimee

Windchime
01-31-2009, 12:59 AM
Another Washingtonian here :) Been born and raised here, born in Swedish hospital actually lol. Never really lived anywhere else (except for an awful stint in Ohio). I've lived several places across the state and I have to say Mukilteo is my favorite. I would love to get back up there, living in Kent right now though and its not so bad. Much closer to work which is great because this state stinks for traffic!

It only stinks for traffic if you live in the Seattle/Tacoma area. There is a whole lot more state than that! I live 10 miles from work and it takes me about 15-17 minutes to get there. Add a couple extra minutes if I get stopped by a train, deer, or bighorn sheep on the road!

rodeogirl
02-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Any more for Team WA that we missed?

Erin2tall
02-02-2009, 01:24 PM
I would love to move away from the main stream Seattle area, but unfortunately its the only place I've been able to find a job. But its the plan for down the road!

Redflame
02-02-2009, 01:26 PM
My commute was 12 minutes today, which is 30 blocks and a drop off at the middle school included! I love not having Seattle traffic!

rodeogirl
02-03-2009, 12:56 AM
I plan on finding work somewhere between Cle Elum and Lewiston Montana so I don't have to do traffic anymore.

Erin2tall
02-03-2009, 01:59 PM
That's the ultimate goal for my hubby and I, eventually I want to get out in the country, own a few acres and start working more with horses. That's one of the things thats motivated my weight loss, is at 6'2 330lbs when I started this I was just too big to ride anymore and I miss it so much. So we're thinking eastern Washington or Montana. My hubby could transfer to Spokane and not lose any salary, but we can't live on his alone yet!

Redflame
02-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Yakima has room for more! And the surrounding areas like Cowiche, and Tieton, Zillah etc are great for land and horses and such

Erin2tall
02-03-2009, 02:14 PM
I don't think I've ever been to Yakima. I've only been to like Leavenworth, Cheney and Spokane on the eastern side lol. Kind of sad considering I've been in Washington state my whole life.

rodeogirl
02-03-2009, 03:47 PM
Well if those are the only places you've gone then you REALLY need to take a road trip over the North Cascades Highway whenever it opens this year. It's a beautiful trip.

It's closed for the winter but usually opens up by June.

Erin2tall
02-03-2009, 07:58 PM
A trip around Eastern Washington is one of the things we've talked about doing, my MIL wants to go see all the winerys lol. But we love road trips for sure :D