General chatter - Baseball 2009

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : Baseball 2009

EZMONEY
01-24-2009, 07:28 PM
HEY KIDS ~

Spring training is just 3 weeks away for my boys. Playing in a new location other than DODGERTOWN. Our boy MANNY is still un-signed with an offer for $45 million guaranteed for 2 years...chump change for him I guess. We have lost Lowe and Penny, Kent has retired, our best left-hander reliever Beimel is a free agent. But we did dump Andruw Jones and will pay him for life each year more than I will earn in my entire life and we did sign that awesome :rofl: 218 avg. 3 HR hitter last year Brad Ausmus and another druggie we used to have G. Mota and are looking to sign another loser we dumped last year, Randy Wolf.

How are things in your park going?

Sweetcaroline
01-30-2009, 06:23 PM
I'm counting down the days till Spring training... 2 weeks from today for P/C... Thank goodness the Red Sox finally re-signed Jason Varitek (catcher)... He's is the 'glue'... amazing with rookie pitchers and studying every aspect of the game... I feel pretty secure with the roster so far...

Gary where did Derek Lowe go ? I suppose I could look at the site.. Poor Manny, nobody wants him eh'... are you guys stuck with him ? Was it worth it last season ??

BillBlueEyes
01-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Yep, it's good to have Jason Varitek on board.

Making reservations at the Ritz so that SweetCaroline and I can host Gary for the World Series this year.

[Isn't there a rule that you can't talk Baseball until the Super Bowl is done?]

Clydegirl
01-31-2009, 12:13 AM
:carrot: :carrot:

Woo-Hoo I was so glad to see this thread, not much longer to go.

So Gary did you hear that Albert Pujols put out word that he would like Manny to play for the Cardinals. He talks to him apparently on the phone :D
The powers that be here have already said they have no interest in signing him. They are really cheap with our money.

Let me think what have we done this off season? Not much of anything. They signed Greene and of course Ring.

We've lost Springer :(, Miles :(, Looper and a bunch of other people that I was glad to see go.

EZMONEY
01-31-2009, 09:40 AM
SWEET-C Lowe went to the Braves and finally married the reporter he left his wife for. It was well worth it to have MANNY with us last year....would never have made the play-offs without him. We are not stuck with him, his contract is over (actually the DODGERS didn't pay him anything...just lost a player in the 3-way trade) they have made an offer that is very good...but only for 2 years.

BILL yes...we can discuss baseball before the Super Bowl is over as long as it's under the table.

BIG BIRD ~ Word around here is that nobody is coming close to giving MANNY what he wants. We have the only legit offer on the table right now from what appears to be "truth"...one just never knows!

MaryEllen
02-01-2009, 02:41 AM
I'm not sure what my Tigers are gonna do this year. Seems like every prediction is proved wrong within the first few weeks...hopefully they'll gel a little bit better this year.

Slashnl
02-01-2009, 11:42 AM
Haven't heard a lot from the Rockies (but I haven't been looking for the news yet... seems like football needs to be completed before moving on.).
We signed Jimenez to a few more years, so that's a good thing!
I'll miss Matt Holliday, though.

130star
02-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Albert Pujols could eat crackers in my bed any day!

BillBlueEyes
02-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Gary - Just read this on the web, supposedly from the Los Angeles Times:

By Tony Jackson on February 3, 2009 12:48 AM

I have no other details, other than that Scott met with Ned Colletti late tonight and told him Manny wouldn't accept the Dodgers' one-year, $25 million offer. Not sure exactly what this means, but it wouldn't shock me if this is the end of it and the Dodgers simply move on. And if that happens, who knows where Manny will end up and when he will get there? More on this tomorrow, I'm sure.

So, are your guys now going to offer him real money?

Slashnl
02-03-2009, 03:16 PM
One year.... $25 million.... unacceptable.....

Hey Manny, explain your logic to all of the people across the country who have lost their jobs. I guess the economy doesn't affect everyone quite the same.

EZMONEY
02-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Manny didn't accept the 2 year 45 million offer 2 months ago either.

It's a hrad knock life for Manny these days.....

nobody seems to want him...

what a disgrace....only 25 million for a year....

can't feed a family on that can we TEAM?

MaryEllen
02-03-2009, 11:52 PM
I think he's not accepting the deal because he's waiting for another team to want him. It's a shift to win all the time on the Red Sox then go to the Dodgers, who aren't as consistent.

EZMONEY
02-04-2009, 12:16 AM
Welcome MARYELLEN....but bite your tongue dear....around here my DODGERS are always winners.....

EZMONEY
02-07-2009, 08:59 AM
:mad:

So we dump Brad Penny ~ Derek Lowe ~ Chan Ho Park ~ Joe Beimel and Takashi Saito

then yesterday we sign Randy Wolf ...WHO WE DUMPED LAST YEAR! for

a guaranteed 5 million and a chance to earn 8 million...

makes a lot of sense since he went 12-12 with an era of forever last year :mad:

guess it was just a reward since he went 9-6 with an era of almost 5 when he pitched here last.

I just don't get it...I really don't :mad:

Clydegirl
02-10-2009, 08:58 AM
We dumped Adam Kennedy :carrot:

Just one thing who's on 2nd? So far we have traded Miles and Lopez both played 2nd base. Should be an interesting spring training.

Clydegirl
02-14-2009, 08:22 AM
Spring training.

Pitchers and catchers report today :carrot:

EZMONEY
02-14-2009, 08:45 AM
At least we brought back Randy Wolf, after dumping him a few years back....

he left a 28 million - 3 yr deal on the table with the Astros that was pulled

we signed him for a year for 5 MILLION...

now he can feed his family in these tough economic times....whew!

That will amount to Half A MILLION per win....if we are lucky.....really-really lucky!

Clydegirl
02-24-2009, 03:36 PM
First Spring Training game tomorrow against the Marlins.

Should be interesting as they have moved Skip Schumaker to 2nd base from the outfield. He is not a second baseman.

Clydegirl
02-25-2009, 11:44 PM
Love it first game of spring training. Didn't win, didn't lose.

Doesn't matter countdown to opening day is on :cheer2:

Slashnl
02-26-2009, 07:40 AM
So exciting to hear a game on the radio! Even though it is just exhibition!

BillBlueEyes
02-27-2009, 03:47 AM
Been wondering where Manny was hiding. It's right in today's paper:

PHOENIX (AP) -Manny Ramirez has rejected yet another offer from the Los Angeles Dodgers.

The Dodgers announced Thursday night the star outfielder's agent Scott Boras had declined a $25 million, one-year contract with a $20 million player option for 2010. It was the club's fourth offer to Ramirez this offseason.

"We want Manny back, but we feel we are negotiating against ourselves," Dodgers owner Frank McCourt said in a statement. "When his agent finds those 'serious offers' from other clubs, we'll be happy to restart the negotiations." So, Gary, when are you guys gonna get with the serious money?

Clydegirl
02-27-2009, 09:02 AM
Bill that's crazy.

Does he not know what is going on in the country at the monent.

Slashnl
02-27-2009, 09:16 AM
It would be poetic justice if he didn't get any deal. With the economy the way it is and what ordinary people have to live through, I'm sure he is not getting much sympathy from anyone. But I am also sure that he isn't too concerned with what people think about him.

Clydegirl
02-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Anyone else have MLB network?

I'm watching the Cards/Mets game just now.

BillBlueEyes
03-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Congrats Gary (as well as the Dodgers management) for bringing Manny back Home, per:

Manny Ramirez and the Los Angeles Dodgers finally agreed on a deal to bring the mercurial slugger back to Tinseltown.

Following a meeting with team management early Wednesday morning, Ramirez agreed to a two-year, $45 million deal to return to the Dodgers, according to numerous reports.

Ramirez needs to pass a physical before he can officially rejoin the Dodgers, who are expected to formally announce the deal Wednesday.
Hope you guys have a slugging year.

(We'll see you in Boston for the World Series; you're still invited to have tea with SweetCaroline and me before the games.)

Slashnl
03-04-2009, 01:14 PM
Glad to see the Manny issue settled for you Gary.

What can I say about my Rockies? They have a perfect record right now. Perfect and awful. Maybe they are saving their good stuff for the games that count. Yep... let's go with that.

I hear that the Cardinals are going to be HOT this year!

Clydegirl
03-04-2009, 02:48 PM
I hear that the Cardinals are going to be HOT this year!

You did!

Who did you hear that from?

Slashnl
03-04-2009, 05:56 PM
I listen to a ridiculous amount of sports talk radio. It was on one of those programs.
What do you think, Clyde? I'd trust your judgement more than the talking heads!

Clydegirl
03-04-2009, 06:16 PM
I have no idea Diane.

We are not strong in pitching. A lot is being put on Chris Carpenter being healthy and the bullpen could be better.

We have moved an outfielder to 2nd base, have to see how that goes.

Spring training has been pretty good so far.

Of course we have Albert which is :carrot: :carrot:

Ask me after the season starts.

I have my fingers and toes crossed.

EZMONEY
03-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Thanks TEAM....yep we got MANNY...still no pitching....

EZMONEY
03-18-2009, 11:51 PM
HEY "TEAM"

MANNY has a HAMMY....but all is well in Dodgerland...what's new with you all?

BUMP!

BillBlueEyes
03-19-2009, 05:21 AM
MANNY has a HAMMY...You certainly know who to look to for sympathy, LOL.

Maybe SweetCaroline will pop in and say something consoling like a good sport.

Methinks that March Madness was just invented to keep real sports fans from going bonkers waiting for opening day.

Clydegirl
03-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Chris Carpenter looking good.

Opening day getting close :carrot:

Jen415
03-19-2009, 09:34 AM
Hey y'all....I live within an hour of SEVEN training venues and at this point it doesn't look like I'm gonna get to see a single game :( Hoping that will change!!

The five teams I could see are the Mets, the Marlins, the Nationals, the Cards, the Astros, the Tigers, or the Braves.

PearFreak
03-19-2009, 03:46 PM
I never saw this thread... until now. :o

Another Sox fan here. I'll be rooting with Bill and Sweet Caroline. ;)

EZMONEY
03-19-2009, 09:54 PM
You certainly know who to look to for sympathy, LOL.

I know who my real friends are BILL!

I miss her :(

Methinks that March Madness was just invented to keep real sports fans from going bonkers waiting for opening day.

Hoping for big things from my UCLA and USC....but....not betting money ;)

Chris Carpenter looking good.

Opening day getting close :carrot:

It sure is...hope we find a pitcher!

Hey y'all....I live within an hour of SEVEN training venues and at this point it doesn't look like I'm gonna get to see a single game :( Hoping that will change!!

The five teams I could see are the Mets, the Marlins, the Nationals, the Cards, the Astros, the Tigers, or the Braves.

Nice to see you here JEN! :hug:

I never saw this thread... until now. :o

Another Sox fan here. I'll be rooting with Bill and Sweet Caroline. ;)

WELCOME over here PEARY! We will be here until October!

PearFreak
03-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Gary, thanks for the welcome. I gotta root for my Sox. Atleast they have their things together... and aren't still sorting things out. Heeheehee... sorry had to do that. I hope that your team does well, but not as well as mine. Oh yeah, you'll see a different side of me on this thread.
Gotta show my love for my Sox.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s81/kaleb123_photos/Boston-Red-Sox-wally.jpg

EZMONEY
03-22-2009, 09:57 PM
bump

Sweetcaroline
03-22-2009, 10:01 PM
Hi guys... My ears were ringing...

I'm here Bill....
EZ... Manny 'is' a hammy :D
Hi to all... there are a few more Sox fans here this year !
14 days
16 hours
14 seconds till opening day...
ARE WE READY ??

I have a new computer and FiOS connection it's crazy fast...it was worth the wait...

Clydegirl
03-22-2009, 11:07 PM
Caroline good to see you :wave:

I'm all ready for the season. The first game I have tickets for is against the Astro's on the 10th of April.

BillBlueEyes
03-23-2009, 04:20 AM
MANNY has a HAMMY...You certainly know who to look to for sympathy, LOL.

EZ... Manny 'is' a hammy :D

See Gary I told ya - A warm sympathetic response from SweetCaroline.

Bwhaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha.

Waving to SweetCaroline and other members of Red Sox Nation.

[Note to self: When you grow up you could learn to just say, "May the best team win."]

Jen415
03-23-2009, 10:54 AM
Hi guys... My ears were ringing...

Caroline, that's a whole different problem! LOL

EZMONEY
03-23-2009, 10:44 PM
funny stuff

Sweetcaroline
03-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Well Curt Schilling announced his retirement today... Mr. Clutch... They used to put the camera in the duggout at the end of innings and he would be sitting there with his 'notebook'... Apparently writing every detail about how effective he was against each batter...
and don't even get me started on the bloody sock... that was one of the most nerve-racking games I have ever watched... Everyone was wondering when he was going to have to come out of the game...

I saw him last Summer at a political fund-raiser he and his wife were very friendly (but he did want my money) HA-HA... I will miss him a lot...

Say Goodnight Curt... We love ya !!

GARY... you're a man of few words lately, you OK ?? or are the visions of baseballs dancing in your head ?

Clydegirl
03-24-2009, 08:57 AM
Caroline I have to ask, bloody sock? Do tell.

EZMONEY
03-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Here ya go BIG BIRD ~

On October 19, 2004 Schilling won Game 6 of the 2004 American League Championship Series against the New York Yankees. Notably, he won this game playing on an injured ankle - the same injuries that contributed to his disastrous outing in Game 1 of the ALCS. These injuries were so acute that by the end of his performance that day his white sock was soaked with blood.

The win forced a Game 7, making the Red Sox the first team in MLB history to come back from a three-games-to-none deficit. The Red Sox would go on to win Game 7 and the ALCS and make their first World Series appearance since 1986. Schilling pitched (and won) Game 2 of the 2004 World Series for the Red Sox against the St. Louis Cardinals. In both series, he had to have the tendon in his right ankle stabilized repeatedly, in what has become known as the Schilling Tendon Procedure, after the tendon sheath was torn during his Game 1 ALDS appearance against the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. As in Game 6 of the ALCS, Schilling's sock was soaked with blood from the sutures used in this medical procedure, but he still managed to pitch seven strong innings, giving up one run on four hits, and striking out four. This second bloody sock was placed in the Baseball Hall of Fame after Boston's victory over St. Louis in the World Series. A 4-game sweep of the World Series gave Boston its first World Series championship since 1918

Clydegirl
03-28-2009, 09:54 AM
Cheers Gary.

I remember them coming back and winning but didn't know about the sock.

Good game yesterday against the Sox even though they won.

BillBlueEyes
03-28-2009, 11:14 AM
A 4-game sweep of the World Series gave Boston its first World Series championship since 1918.

Sigh ... such a wonderful story. I could hear it again and again.

Good game yesterday against the Sox even though they won.

Why yes ... yes ... it was a good game. I do suspect, Clydegirl that we could meet up this year again, although some West Coast teams are making more noise.

[But more Yay for the Red Sox.]

Clydegirl
03-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Bill you never know. It's a long season. I will reserve judgement for now ;)

Should be a good year the All Star Game is here. I have fan fest tickets.

Razz44
03-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Wohooo baseball!

I haven't posted much here lately, but I definitely need to post in this thread.

My guys are looking pretty good this spring. Pretty much all of them were away the WBC most of ST, which was fun they all did pretty well, but its nice to have the team finally back together again.

I was hoping my team would be the ones to snatch up Manny, but they just didn't have the money for him. But I am very happy with their acquisitions of Frankie Rodriguez and JJ Putz, should take the Mets from one of the worst bullpens around to one of the best. Hopefully the rest of the team holds up.

I can't wait until next Monday!

EZMONEY
03-28-2009, 10:56 PM
One of my son's friends just might bleed DODGER BLUE this year...our fingers are crossed! Yesterday's Los Angeles Times printed the following...

Short hops

Brian Mazone's decision to decline an invitation to pitch for Italy in the World Baseball Classic is paying off, as he has made himself a candidate to make the club as a situational left-hander. A non-roster invitee, Mazone tossed a scoreless inning to pick up his second save of the spring and lower his earned-run average to 1.13. He didn't give up his first run of the spring until Wednesday. Mazone, 32, has never pitched in the big leagues. He was in the Philadelphia Phillies' organization last year.

Clydegirl
03-30-2009, 10:26 AM
One week until opening day :carrot:

PearFreak
03-30-2009, 10:57 AM
Can't wait. I have a feeling this will be a good year.

EZMONEY
03-30-2009, 11:21 PM
OH NO! My son's friend Brian Mazone may not make the squad....DANG!

Los Angeles Times tonight...

Because the Dodgers wanted Ohman to start the season in triple-A Albuquerque, they signed him to a minor league contract. If Ohman gets called up -- something General Manager Ned Colletti said will happen unless Ohman is injured -- he'll earn a base salary of $1.35 million this season. Ohman can opt out of the contract if he isn't promoted by April 14.

The deal includes a $2.2-million option for 2010.

"We think he answers our need for a lefty in the pen," Colletti said.

Manager Joe Torre said Ohman would travel with the Dodgers to Tucson on Tuesday to face the Arizona Diamondbacks.

Erick Threets and Brian Mazone were the leading candidates to be the Dodgers' main left-hander out of the bullpen this season until they signed Ohman. One of them will probably be on the Dodgers' roster until Ohman is called up.

Sweetcaroline
03-31-2009, 05:40 PM
Sorry for delay Clydegirl... Thank you EZ for sharing Curt's story... it is one of my best memories of that year... Good game against Rays today... Sox won 8-7 thank goodness... good way to end ST games...

5 days
20 hours
40 mins...........To Opening Day...

I'll be enjoying my right field box seats and throwing out the first pitch on opening day... in my dreams guys.... only in my dreams... I'll be plopped in front of my old Zenith...with a Tofu dog and diet Pepsi

This thread is already hopping... Have fun everyone....

PearFreak
03-31-2009, 09:58 PM
Caroline, who do you favor in the Sox?

Sweetcaroline
04-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Caroline, who do you favor in the Sox?

Pear, My absolute favorite is Mike Lowell, great player, good leader, good attitude and a gentleman... Pedroia heads up the list for newbies and Varitek amazes me they way he calls his games... I really feel like they are 'his' games....

Who are your favorites ?

4 Days
21 Hours
52 Minutes........

PearFreak
04-01-2009, 11:24 PM
Well, seeing as you asked, Caroline. ;)

I like Pedroia, Beckett and have always been a Schilling fan.

Sweetcaroline
04-02-2009, 10:57 PM
I have the best news ever.... ! my family had a small birthday party for me tonight and gave me opening day tickets for Sox... I am so excited... I can't believe it... I'm going... I don't know how they pulled this off but I was so surprised... I started dropping hints back in December and figured it was a lost cause... Dreams do come true....
:bunny2:

Clydegirl
04-03-2009, 12:05 AM
Wow Caroline great news.

So are you taking Bill ;) ?

The weather is not going to be very nice here for opening Day.

BillBlueEyes
04-03-2009, 05:51 AM
Happy Birthday Sweetcaroline

I'm willing to lend you my hooded parker, mickey mouse boots, and snow pants, for Monday's game.

So are you taking Bill ;) ?

I can't go; I've loaned out my opening day uniform.

PearFreak
04-03-2009, 09:50 AM
What a wonderful gift... Opening Day Tix... Woooot Woooot. So those hints have paid off.

Sweetcaroline
04-03-2009, 10:30 AM
Happy Birthday Sweetcaroline

I'm willing to lend you my hooded parker, mickey mouse boots, and snow pants, for Monday's game.

I can't go; I've loaned out my opening day uniform.

Thanks guys....I am very excited...
Thank you Bill for the offer... :D Looks like I my need some rain gear... but I don't care, I'd sit there in snow... the seats are right field grandstand section 8 and there is a little overhang up there, not sure if we are under it or not...
Thanks for the well wishes guys...

Sweetcaroline
04-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Hello all... The countdown is on...

BillBlueEyes
04-04-2009, 10:13 PM
SweetCaroline - Looks like about 40 hours and 5 minutes until Josh Becket throws the first pitch.

Can you get some sleep before then, LOL?

Hope you have a great game. I'll be tracking it on my office computer.

[I kinda liked the ol' Devil in their name.]

EZMONEY
04-04-2009, 11:46 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET C...

when was it and how did I miss it?

Looking forward to a great year for all of us...it was so much fun last year with OUR 3FC BASEBALL THREAD TEAM!

Clydegirl
04-05-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm so ready for the season to begin.

We're going to the game on Friday against the Astros :carrot:

Enjoy the opener Caroline.

Sweetcaroline
04-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Bill, the Rays will always be devilish to me.. I won't disclose the W/L record for games I've attended... :crossed: lol

EZ... My birthday is tomorrow, so there is still time to send a gift..;) I'm registered at the MLB gift shop...

Clydegirl... hope you have a clear, warm day... I'm breaking out the woolies and plastic trash bags :D

Pear... look for me, I'll be the one in Bill's snowsuit..

Enjoy the games everyone..

EZMONEY
04-05-2009, 11:19 PM
DODGERS VS. padres on Monday.....let's play ball TEAM 3 FC!

Sweetcaroline
04-06-2009, 12:12 AM
EZ... Derek Lowe had quite the game today against Philly... yikes !! vintage Lowe... enjoy your opening day...

BillBlueEyes
04-06-2009, 04:38 AM
SweetCaroline - ROFLMAO, you were in rare form last post.

Don't forget that today is Opening Day, LOL. Ten hours to go.

Sweetcaroline
04-06-2009, 02:00 PM
What a difference a day makes in my mood... lol

...........................:rain: :rain:
...........................:rain: :rain:

............................::tantrum:

.............................:tantrum:

.............................:censored:

.............................:censored:

At least it was called off early (10am) we hadn't even left the house.. Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy too, but no 50mph wind gusts or thunder and lightening... :yay:
Boy, we just made the FOX cable news as a headline.. I'm still trying to find out what they did for the folks that were in line for 'same day tix' they have been there since Saturday morning. Last report was they sent them away ?? I hope they sold them tix first... yikes..

Clydegirl
04-06-2009, 02:07 PM
Caroline I just saw it was postponed.

Will you be able to go tomorrow?

Sweetcaroline
04-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Hi Clydegirl... Yes, I'll be able to go, we are all set. They were showing people who called in sick to go to game.. said they were heading for work to tell their bosses they had made a miraculous recovery and suffer a set back tomorrow... lol

As for the 300 or so fans who have been camped out in the hopes of getting a ticket -- some since Saturday -- they were given slips explaining the teams ticket policy, and if they showed up before 1 p.m. Tuesday, they will be given preference.

A team official said they wanted to respect the integrity of the opening day line.

THAT MY FRIENDS, is going to **ss people off in a big way... IMO, those over night lines 'are' part of big games ! It's good PR, hence the simple theory of supply in demand... C'mon Mr. Henry... thanks for the room to vent...

BillBlueEyes
04-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Heartfelt condolences to SweetCaroline - I just found out when I opened MLB dot com to see the opening pitch.

Glad you're going tomorrow.

EZMONEY
04-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Sorry about the rain Caroline....watching my DODGERS up 2-1 right now...yipeee!!

Hummm...Lowe pitches a 2 hitter...did that LA too....still trying to figure out why we didn't need him...dang...it all goes back to him running around on his wife with that reporter...just didn't sit well with our new owners....dang....gonna need a lot of runs this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clydegirl
04-06-2009, 07:52 PM
I really dislike the Pirates :(

It's like deja-vu all over again. Lost it in the ninth. Grrrr.

EZMONEY
04-06-2009, 07:56 PM
I really dislike the Pirates :(

It's like deja-vu all over again. Lost it in the ninth. Grrrr.

:hug:...only 1 game BIG BIRD :hug:

Clydegirl
04-06-2009, 08:07 PM
I know 161 to go.

Sweetcaroline
04-06-2009, 08:39 PM
................ :corn:
......... And we're off.........
............... Yankees lost :p

Clydegirl
04-06-2009, 08:41 PM
I saw that with their new ace, Sabathia pitching.

EZMONEY
04-06-2009, 08:47 PM
You gals KNOW it is still MARCH MADNESS?....that'd be basketball...wink

Sweetcaroline
04-06-2009, 10:43 PM
OK... we'll give you one more night... GO MICHIGAN

EZMONEY
04-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Nice way to START!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BillBlueEyes
04-07-2009, 03:59 AM
Yep, all of Los Angeles starts out on the right foot; Congratulations.

Now, one more time, SweetCaroline, cheer the Red Sox into a similar standing.

[Being much too good a sport to gloat that the NYY went down, LOL.]

Jen415
04-07-2009, 09:45 AM
My two teams (Marlins and Cubs) won last night--YAY!

Slashnl
04-07-2009, 10:58 AM
The Rockies went down last night, too. Darn.
What was with the pitching yesterday? It was a homer fest! I wonder if the exhibition games took too much out of the big pitching stars!

PearFreak
04-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Ahhh Caroline you are borrowing Bills parka. Take picts.

BillBlueEyes
04-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Ahhh Caroline you are borrowing Bills parka. Take picts.
Yep,

Look in Section 8 of the Grand Stand, just under the overhang, for an elegant lady in a majenta parka with a zebra motif.

You can't miss her.

First pitch in just a few minutes. Gotta go.

PearFreak
04-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Ahh it is megenta... here I was thinking it'd be navy or red, but Magenta. NOW I know what to look for, thanks Bill.

Shannon in ATL
04-07-2009, 04:16 PM
Lowe pitches a 2 hitter...did that LA too....still trying to figure out why we didn't need him...dang...it all goes back to him running around on his wife with that reporter...just didn't sit well with our new owners....dang....gonna need a lot of runs this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary, I don't watch a lot of baseball, but I did enjoy watching your boy Lowe pitch for us Sunday night... ;)

EZMONEY
04-07-2009, 09:02 PM
He is your boy now SHANNON! I must say you have a good one too...outstanding pitcher.

PearFreak
04-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Caroline... so how'd you like the game. How was the magenta parka? Didja wear it?

Clydegirl
04-07-2009, 11:00 PM
Caroline are you home yet? :D

A much better game tonight. 9-3 final score.

Gary I am liking Khalil Greene. He is settling in very nicely and had a good spring. Just wish he would cut his hair.

Sweetcaroline
04-08-2009, 12:14 AM
What a day... What a game... Sox win 5-3

Well guys it was worth the wait.. I decided I want to live at Fenway ! Just set myself up in one of EMC boxes :D
I heard a guy say it should be made the 8th wonder of the world.. lol

We were a little late getting into our seats and missed the 'surprise' entry of players from the grandstand seats, high-fiving all the way down the rows.. people were flipping out.. I was told they weren't anywhere near us, Thank goodness, I would have died if I missed that !

I was honored to be sitting in back of a 24 year old young man who is being deployed to Afghanistan at the end of the month, his 3rd tour.. when we shook his hand and thanked him for his service he said "thank you but its my job maam'" ... oh geez.. I had tears in my eyes... it was his first game ever... people were buying him food and souvineirs... he couldn't hold it all in his lap.

It was just a great day... and everyone sang to me during the 8th inning..
I was treated to a new hat and shirt :yay:

The parker and snow pants came in handy, it was FREEZING... nothing like April baseball in Boston..

Ok... sorry to go on and on.. I have to go catch up on what all of your teams have done... nite all...

BillBlueEyes
04-08-2009, 03:21 AM
SweetCaroline
EMC Box #3 (directly behind home plate)
4 Yawkey Way
Boston MA 02115

My Dearest Sweet and Ms. Caroline,

You are to be congratulated for your visible and enthusiastic cheering of our beloved Red Sox to victory on Opening Day 2009.

Spotted you on the tele when the camera panned. Like your new hat. Take your word for the new shirt under all those layers.

Your fan,

Bill

P.S. Do not fail to note that the New York Yankees are tied for last place.

PearFreak
04-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Aww, Caroline that sounds like the perfect nite out. From the guy sitting in front of you; who's going on tour, to the magenta parka, the new hat and shirt, everything. I am jealous. But know you did us proud cheering on the WINNING team.

Of course it was cold. It wouldn't be New England Weather. ... today may as well be 15 degrees warmer, and tomorrow 30 degrees colder. Right.

Slashnl
04-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Rockies won! Yay!
Did I see that the Dodgers lost? Sorry Gary.

Just glad to see things getting going!

Sweetcaroline
04-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Love the letter Bill... a suite for the Sweet... the perfect address indeed.

OK Pear and Bill you are next on the list to get to a game... didn't we have a couple of other Sox fans here ?

Diane !! Was that the opener ?

EZ, Do we play you this season, I didn't see it on the schedule, but heard rumors..

I just watched a 'replay' of yesterdays game, do most local sports stations offer this ? ...

Gotta go... game starts at 7pm :corn:

I promise not to be this obnoxious all season :hug:

Slashnl
04-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Sweetcaroline: You are not obnoxious!! You're excited!! It is, after all, baseball season!

That was the Rockies second game. They lost the first one, so they are 1-1. They are playing their third game right now. I looked and it is tied.

PearFreak
04-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Ahh, Caroline, you are too sweet. I am glad to hear you all giddy about the game. I've got to live through someone who's been there... to the opening game mind you. I'll let you know if we end up going to a game. Dh always has something up his sleeves, and he's been talking a lot about going to see them.

Chele615
04-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Caroline....I loved reading about your day at Fenway!! I love that place so much! I don't know when my Fenway game is yet....my dad shares season tickets with some friends of his and I usually get to go to one of the games a year with my dad.

EZMONEY
04-08-2009, 09:15 PM

Gary I am liking Khalil Greene. He is settling in very nicely and had a good spring. Just wish he would cut his hair.

Although my daughter is true BLUE through and through (to her daddy and our DODGERS)...her :p husband :p is a padre fan as you may remember...if she was "FORCED" to watch them play she would root for Khalil...that hair ain't going nowhere!

Rockies won! Yay!
Did I see that the Dodgers lost? Sorry Gary.

Thanks D....see you got your first win :carrot:

Just glad to see things getting going!

EZ, Do we play you this season, I didn't see it on the schedule, but heard rumors..

SWEET-C I think the Sox...red ones...are the only one of our TEAM 3FC here that the Dodgers don't play....bummer

I just watched a 'replay' of yesterdays game, do most local sports stations offer this ? ...

Sometimes the padres channel here does.

Gotta go... game starts at 7pm :corn:

I promise not to be this obnoxious all season :hug:

Watching the Rays and Sox here...sorry SWEET-C and BILL....still a few innings...

Clydegirl
04-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Caroline our fox sports midwest replays the games at least once.

Not liking this one tonight. Wellemyer was pretty bad.

JuliaDH
04-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Being from Ontario...I cheer for the Blue Jays. But it was hard concentrating on the opening game with a snow storm out. And tonights game just sucked. I have big hope and faith in Mr. Cito Gaston. Please Coach whip this team into shape! I want to take my kids to a game they will remember as awesome. Not just over paid ninnies!

Sweetcaroline
04-09-2009, 12:50 AM
:kickcan: O boy... here we go.. Boston lost 7-2 to the 'Rays'.. that a rough one... I think Tampa is going to be a thorn in the you-know-what all season.

---------------------------------------------------------------

OT... Please pray for the captain and crew of the Maersk Alabama, a US cargo ship hijacked today off the coast of east Africa. This could turn bad...

BillBlueEyes
04-09-2009, 04:10 AM
Ouch that the Rays came back to life and took the Red Sox.

If was fun, for a day, to be tied for first place, LOL.

EZMONEY
04-09-2009, 08:27 AM
Went to bed when we were up 5-2....glad I woke up to that and no surprises....although my son did call at 10pm...

"sorry to wake you dad but she made the Chargers Girls again!"...oh and the Dodgers are still up by 3....

Clydegirl
04-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Sad news today. Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart was among the 3 people killed in a car accident last night.

Slashnl
04-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Sorry, Clydegirl, about the tragedy. I'm not familiar with him, but that's a tough thing to have happen anyway.

Rockies had a good night again.

Sweetcaroline
04-09-2009, 01:30 PM
I just saw that story, very sad, press says he pitched just hours before he was killed... boy, you never know...

PearFreak
04-09-2009, 01:53 PM
I saw the story about the accident on yahoo. So sad.

Bummer the Sox didn't win, but taking it a positive way and saying it is only the beginning of the season, so we still have a chance. Not that RS need a chance, us RS Fans know they are good.

Clydegirl
04-09-2009, 04:25 PM
A really nice win for Chris Carpenter today. Gave up just one hit.

Sweetcaroline
04-09-2009, 05:45 PM
I hope they keep it up Clydegirl...

As for 'our' Sox... another painful loss, .. I think Big Papi is missing Manny..

It's still so early in the season, but windows are open and I could hear my neighbors cheering and yelling like it was a playoff game... crazy RS nation...

We are headed to LA to play the Angels, I don't know what to expect there given the loss they had today of that young pitcher... We'll see...

bargoo
04-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Sad news today. Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart was among the 3 people killed in a car accident last night.

He had pitched a game just a few hours before he was killed. The fact that this 22 year old was killed is tragic enough but this a hit and run. I did hear that they have located the person that caused this horrendous accident

EZMONEY
04-09-2009, 06:47 PM
My son called me at work at 6:30am to tell me about Adenhart...I was sick all day. They caught the creep that did it..on a suspended license for drunk driving....

DODGERS have blown a 2 run lead in the bottom of the 8th....somehow it doesn't seem all that important today.

Leon Hall a local boy and casual friend of my son's plays for the Cincinnati Bengals....was arrested Sunday night for drunk driving....when will they learn?

Sweetcaroline
04-09-2009, 09:16 PM
EZ... :hug: It must be horrible out there, as we feel it here as well.. the Scott Boras press conference had me in tears.. Please keep us posted on how this young man is honored and how the fans are handling all of this.

And you are right some never learn... Was that creep drunk when he hit them ?

EZMONEY
04-09-2009, 09:59 PM
SWEET-C and TEAM 3FC...here is the espn link to the young man's tradgedy...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4055343

Sweetcaroline
04-10-2009, 12:21 AM
Thanks... All I was finding was the headlines with little info..

Clydegirl
04-10-2009, 12:52 PM
We are going to the game tonight against the Astros. However at the moment it's pouring rain, has been since yesterday afternoon.

It looks like it should clear, fingers crossed.

Sweetcaroline
04-10-2009, 05:51 PM
I can't stop thinking about the fans out there... I read this today...

A small but steady stream of somber fans came to the stadium Thursday to add flowers to a makeshift memorial on the pitcher's mound on the brick "infield" outside the stadium entrance.

A poster among the bouquets read, "No. 34, You are one more Angel in heaven." Scribbled on a baseball was, "Now you play for another Angels team."

EZMONEY
04-10-2009, 06:35 PM
This was what I opened my paper to this morning...I am still sick...

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-angels-adenhart10-2009apr10,0,118557.story

Sweetcaroline
04-10-2009, 09:55 PM
And I don't think we've seen 'anything' yet EZ ... Pre-game shows here are wall to wall Nick too... saying "no one knows [RS] what to do or how to act"... several Angels and RS players were seen hugging each other at BP... Francona said "we will show as much respect as possible... and see how it goes"......

My thoughts are with you guys....

Clydegirl
04-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Morning guys.

Had a late night after the game. Glad to say the Cards won. It's always good when you go to the ballgame and they win.

EZMONEY
04-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Tough game for the ANGELS yesterday of course...but a win...still feeling ill.

DODGERS have lost their opening day starter, Kurado, for a few weeks...pitching is gonna hurt this year...proved that in the last 2 days with the losses....dang

Sweetcaroline
04-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Even though the loss last night made it 3 L's in a row, It was okay... RS need to take today's game though...

Clydegirl... I'm glad they won... absolutely more fun that way... I think my new hat and shirt that I added to my RS table is jinxed... they've lost 3 since I added it... so it has been removed and put away.. lol

So.... who wants to see a pic of me at the game ???
Try this link.. I'm the one with hair in my mouth.. lol

http://http://www.printroom.com/ViewGalleryPhoto.asp?evgroupid=0&userid=fanfoto&tcount=89&scount=59&gallery_id=1492901&image_id=58&sku=c330 (http://www.printroom.com/ViewGalleryPhoto.asp?evgroupid=0&userid=fanfoto&tcount=89&scount=59&gallery_id=1492901&image_id=58&sku=c330")

EZMONEY
04-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Way cool SWEET-C....Just like we pictured you!

So did they sing to you at the game?....bom-bom-bom

EZMONEY
04-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Were you nervous BILL and SWEET-C?

Missed most of the middle of the game while Angie and I walked the mutts and did some grocery shopping...saw the ninth though...

all those foul balls with the bases loaded....

Clydegirl
04-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Caroline nice to see you. Hubs took pics of me last night I might put one up.

Great game today that Albert Pujols may have a future in baseball. 2 home runs, 7 rbi's. Grand slam into Big Mac Land.

BillBlueEyes
04-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Were you nervous BILL and SWEET-C?Yep.

Not so cool being in absolute LAST place in our division.

But now, at least, we have the same W/L record as the Los Angeles Angels and Dodgers both.

Sweetcaroline
04-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Geez... That was a big finish.. all those fouls... Certainly not typical for Papelbon.. I was out at a neighborhood place and honestly, it was like a playoff game, everyone gasping on each pitch lol ... Lovin Jason Bay !!

Tis the season for baseball, hockey and basketball all at once... I think Bruins are out now though..

Can't wait to see pics Clydegirl...

And yes...EZ, they sang to me in the 8th... bom, bom, bom...
Hopefully the RS new CD is in my Easter basket... lol... Have a nice day tomorrow everyone..

I made it to onderland today.. yeah me..

Sweetcaroline
04-11-2009, 09:50 PM
HI BILL... we were posting at the same time...

EZMONEY
04-11-2009, 11:19 PM
DODGERS had an easy win tonight over the snakes...was able to decorate my pizza for Angie to bake....get my scalloped potatoes started for tomorrow and flip to some 3rd rock from The Sun reruns during the game....sweet!

Yep...Albert had a mighty fine day, for those Cards, Big Bird!

Slashnl
04-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Cool picture, Sweetcaroline! And congrats on onederland!!!

Rockies were not good last night. Just couldn't get it going, I guess.

Sweetcaroline
04-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Not a good day at the park for Sox... I didn't see it but, reports say Abreu was buzzed by a high-and-tight pitch after a late TO call... and the benches cleared. :stars: 4 Angels players were ejected... Beckett stayed...

Red Sox lost and fell to last place... Toronto is in first place.. :yikes:
On to Oakland... I just hope everybody plays nice... :hug:

EZMONEY
04-12-2009, 08:57 PM
DODGERS WIN!!!

but I was watching the MASTERS with my son and dil, daughter and sil, and Angie after church.....

BillBlueEyes
04-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Yep, SweetCaroline, Ouch for Red Sox Nation today.

So, Let's celebrate
Onederland ... bom ... bom ... bom

EZMONEY
04-12-2009, 10:59 PM
good times never seemed so good

Sweetcaroline
04-12-2009, 11:54 PM
Yeah Dodgers...

Thanks Bill....... I'm settling into Onederland quite nicely...
Hang in there Diane...

Listen and watch... As Fenway sings to me....

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRn2g7aVAtk&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRn2g7aVAtk&feature=related)

Clydegirl
04-13-2009, 09:23 AM
Kyle Lohse got a shut-out yesterday to sweep the Astros.

Onto Arizona today.

Congrats Caroline on onederland.

Clydegirl
04-13-2009, 04:09 PM
ESPN commercial.

Have you all seen this?

http://videos.stltoday.com/p/video?id=3729361

Sweetcaroline
04-13-2009, 06:30 PM
Well, I'm very very happy {Caroline rolls eyes} that all of your teams are winning and {snif} playing well with the other boys {Caroline bursts into tears}

Very nice picture Gary... Easter morn ?

Clydegirl... I couldn't get audio on that clip, so I'm off to find it... looks funny.

Does anyone else believe that deaths come in 3's ? Because, first there was Nick Aydenhart, then yesterday the Phillies broadcaster, and over the weekend a pitcher (Detroit Tigers) from Massachusetts, died by accident, he was 54.
On the sunnier side, as with deaths in 3's, births do too...

EZMONEY
04-13-2009, 07:32 PM
:carrot: DODGERS WIN!!!!!!

We just kicked the crap outta the giants in our home opener 11-1 :carrot:

Watched it on the computer after I got home from walking the mutts with Angie. Padres are on tv up 1-0 over RAZZ's Mets in the first.

It was Easter Sunday afternoon SWEET-C for the picture...so good....so good ;)

BIG BIRD....a shirt for you at the bottom of the page :)

EZMONEY
04-13-2009, 07:44 PM
SWEET-C

It was Mark Fidrych that passed away...so sad...he was so much fun to watch the couple of years he pitched for Detroit in the 70's...I found this link that shows a little about him...he was something else!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm_jU0b5Hgw

Sweetcaroline
04-13-2009, 10:56 PM
I CAN'T TAKE IT AGAIN TONIGHT :tantrum:
We are down 5 to 1 bottom 2nd
But I guess its better than Yankees, they already lost today to Rays 15-5 :D

Meant to thank you Gary for info on Fidrych, sounds like he was quite a character. RIP

Clydegirl
04-13-2009, 11:17 PM
Hi Caroline. I'm watching the Cards at the D-Backs. It's 1-1 bottom of the 6th.

I believe things come in 3's. They were talking about Fidrych and Harry Kalas on the news tonight.

Hope you get to see that commercial for Sportscenter.

Congrats to the Dodgers on their home opener.

Slashnl
04-14-2009, 02:32 PM
Caroline, you don't have to worry about me watching my boys win TOO much. The Rockies barely missed losing in a no-hitter yesterday. They had 1 hit. Woohoo

EZMONEY
04-14-2009, 08:21 PM
I keep forgetting to mention that a local boy....from mine and my kids alma mater is pitching for the Oakland A's this year...a young guy, about 21 I 'spose...2 decent outings so far. I saw him pitch in high school a few years back....didn't see "MAJOR LEAGUE" written on him...could be why I finish drywall and don't scout baseball players! Trevor Cahill is his name.

Clydegirl
04-14-2009, 10:58 PM
Noooooo Chris Carpenter just left the game injured. Fingers crossed it's nothing major.

Clydegirl
04-14-2009, 11:16 PM
They're saying it's a strained left rib cage injury. I suppose that's good news but he will be out a few weeks :mad: :tantrum: :tantrum:

BillBlueEyes
04-15-2009, 05:35 AM
Ouch, Ouch, OUCH.

Of 30 teams in Major League Baseball, only Washington, Cleveland, and Houston have won less than the two (2!!!!!!) wins of the Red Sox.

Just WOW.

[The Optimist Calculating: YAY - we're in the top 90th Percentile of MLB]

dutchgirl
04-15-2009, 07:26 AM
Gary, thank you for the info on Mark Fidrych. He was one of the reasons I got into baseball when I lived in the US. He was such a character.
I was really sad to hear of his passing.

I miss baseball so much!

Slashnl
04-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Oh good! The Rockies won today! (Sorry Cubs fans!)
We needed a little lift!

Clydegirl
04-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Good win today after last night's disappointments.

Now it's onto Chicago for 4 games. Should be an interesting weekend. They brought up 3 pitchers from the minors. P.J Walters will make his major league debut on Friday.

EZMONEY
04-15-2009, 09:46 PM
Still waiting to whooop up on the giants again!...west coast time ya know!

EZMONEY
04-15-2009, 09:51 PM
OK so I am watching the padres get beat by the Mets...YIPEEEEE! and I am hearing SWEET CAROLINE in the background...is that allowed RED SOX NATION?

BillBlueEyes
04-15-2009, 10:02 PM
OK, Red Sox are back in action.

So, sing with me:

Sweet Onderland ...dom ... dom ...dom

Sweetcaroline
04-15-2009, 10:24 PM
yes... yes... It's allowed.... absolutely Gary... lol
Anytime you say Yippee and Red Sox in the same breath it counts as a cheer for RSN... lol

Bill you are definitely a half full kind of guy aren't you... lol... It's so early, but I was getting worried...

I had trouble getting into this thread last night... hmmm.. maybe a good thing given the fact I wasn't a happy camper...:mad: 2:30am... Jerry Remy said, "well, if you are still watching you are a true fan" and boom, it was over... I threw the pillow at the TV and stomped off to bed.. :(

But TODAY... :dancer::dancer: whoa...:yay: different day, different game... WTG WAKEFIELD... he was amazing... good timing as we lost Dice K to DL and Beckett is being punished for not apologizing for almost knocking Mr. Abreau out :stars:... love to be a fly on the wall at that appeal

Sweet Onderland ..all is well in Red Sox Nation until Friday at 7:05pm.dom ... dom ...dom
Yes BILL... I'm singing........

Sweetcaroline
04-15-2009, 10:30 PM
Clydegirl... what's with all the pitchers coming up ?

Clydegirl
04-15-2009, 10:46 PM
Caroline Chris Carpenter is on the 15 day DL and they sent Thompson down as he sucked last night. Carpenter could be out 8 weeks probably more knowing his luck.

Walters will take Carpenter's spot and Perez will join the bullpen. Boggs will go where he's needed.

Don't you love this game how it can change so much from one day to the next :D

Sweetcaroline
04-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry about Carpenter... I suppose injured now is better than July.. we lost one of our starters too... damn World Classic series... I learning that it tires pitchers out before they start here... I hope Carpenter recovers soon.

EZMONEY
04-15-2009, 11:18 PM
A great STAR SPANGLED BANNER for opening day (except for crowd noise!)

LA is still talking about this one from Charice! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9c2r8zjFkk

PearFreak
04-15-2009, 11:34 PM
Just popping in here, as I haven't in a few days (maybe more??) is it too late to join Bill and Caroline in the singing? It isn't a bad thing to cheer and praise now, is it?

Clydegirl
04-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Yes got the first one against the Cubs.

Sweetcaroline
04-16-2009, 06:14 PM
Yes, Pear we will excuse you but no more abscences please... Gary takes attendence... LOL

Gary... that young woman Charice is amazing... great flyover and confetti is very cool...

Sox are traveling today... Good luck with games everyone...

EZMONEY
04-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Love it when we are in first...even if it is tied with those padres!

PearFreak
04-17-2009, 12:15 AM
Caroline, I promise I won't be absent anymore. Promise.

Jen415
04-17-2009, 09:08 AM
Hey peeps! My Marlins currently have a better record than the Braves! :) woohoooooo

Slashnl
04-17-2009, 11:41 AM
Oh boy. The Rockies are at the Dodgers for the next 3 days. Take it EZ on us, EZ!

Clydegirl
04-17-2009, 01:35 PM
We have a rookie going today, P.J Walters. His first major league start against the Cubs. He was brought up because of Carpenter's injury.

Clydegirl
04-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Grrrrr the bullpen blows it in the 9th. 8-7 final.

Good game though.

BillBlueEyes
04-18-2009, 06:46 AM
Red Sox strike again - (10-8 over Baltimore on Friday).

Singing:

So now, of 30 teams in Major League Baseball, five have less wins than the Red Sox.

Getting better - we're in the top 80th Percentile of MLB

EZMONEY
04-18-2009, 08:30 AM
Oh boy. The Rockies are at the Dodgers for the next 3 days. Take it EZ on us, EZ!

Take it EZ?

Oh my! I went to bed last night in the 6th figuring...game over :(....boy was I :carrot: when I opened up the paper D...

sweet win for me :)...tough one for you :(

Sweetcaroline
04-18-2009, 04:22 PM
I actually changed the station when we were down by 7 early... but I can't 'tune out' for long... watched a guy from Mass win his 3rd on Jeopardy.

SWEET game !! Phase I of RSNation depression has lifted...
I am, however, very concerned about Big Papi...BA is 176. I think he's hurting, wrist ?, knee ? its very early, but he worries me....

Hmmm... :dunno: Dodgers in First Place, Red Sox in Last Place..... :shrug: Hmmmm

Have fun guys...:corn:

Clydegirl
04-18-2009, 05:31 PM
How about the Indians scoring 14 runs in the 2nd inning against the Yankees.

Sweetcaroline
04-18-2009, 07:21 PM
Now that's the way to start a game... especially against the Yanks !!

Sweetcaroline
04-18-2009, 08:06 PM
22 to 4 now Clydegirl... lol

EZMONEY
04-18-2009, 08:41 PM

[COLOR="Blue"]Hmmm... :dunno: Dodgers in First Place, Red Sox in Last Place..... :shrug: Hmmmm

Am I sensing a little missing MANNY in your thoughts dear?

Oh by the way MANNY hit 2 jacks today in our WIN to stay in first :carrot:

Thanks for that one COLORADO D...got scary there for one inning....:hug:

EZMONEY
04-18-2009, 10:40 PM
Just saw those pesky padres pull another one out of their rear ends in the 9th...agaisnt Brad Lidge...his first blown save ever!

get off our backs!

Clydegirl
04-18-2009, 11:19 PM
I hate losing to the Cubs!

One more tomorrow maybe we can get a tie.

PearFreak
04-18-2009, 11:21 PM
I can say I am not missing Manny. I KNOW we will do better. Think about Friday's game.

Sweetcaroline
04-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Honestly, I can't say that I wouldn't love to see Ortiz and Manny back-to-back power again, but you can keep the Manny-antics... :crazy: At least he's being productive... 2 HR's huh.. I have to look at that...

Good game tonight... we won 10-8... that's 2 in a row :encore: .. but these games have not been easy !

Youkilis showed no signs of harm after getting hit in the head/helmet last night, he hit the deck...and popped back up w/in seconds... I hate that sound !! makes me sick... people still think of Tony C when that happens...

So is everyone happy ? :corn:

Well my my my... we are OUT of last place... BILL... get on those stats please...

PearFreak
04-18-2009, 11:44 PM
I am happy Caroline!!

Clydegirl
04-18-2009, 11:56 PM
Happy?

Ask me after tomorrow's game :p

EZMONEY
04-18-2009, 11:58 PM
What time do you gals go to bed?

BillBlueEyes
04-19-2009, 04:46 AM
Red Sox strike again - (6-4 over Baltimore on Saturday).

Singing:

So now, of 30 teams in Major League Baseball, 10 have less wins than the Red Sox.

Getting better - that puts us in the top 67th Percentile of MLB

EZMONEY
04-19-2009, 08:44 AM
Bill...what time do you get up? or were you still up?

Clydegirl
04-19-2009, 11:21 AM
Are you concerned that we are not getting enough sleep Gary?

Me between 11 and 12 most nights.

Slashnl
04-19-2009, 11:29 AM
Grumble.

The Rockies bullpen needs to be cleaned out. How can they cause us so much angst? Grrr.

Congrats, EZ. The Dodgers are impressive.

BillBlueEyes
04-19-2009, 12:57 PM
Bill...what time do you get up? or were you still up?Morning person here, Gary,

Usually up somewhere between 3 and 5am. My favorite time of the day.

Sweetcaroline
04-19-2009, 02:45 PM
I go to bed at 2am ish...

Blue skies at Fenway and Elmo threw out the first pitch ! LOL
So far, so good... we're winning...

Tomorrow is the Boston Marathon... Sox game at 11am...
Boston proper will be crazy with people.... lots of fun if you don't mind crowds.

Back to the game.. :corn:

Clydegirl
04-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Elmo threw out the first pitch :)

EZMONEY
04-19-2009, 07:42 PM
Nah TEAM I never worry if you are getting enough sleep! I was just noticing that some of you post after I do at night and was wondering, based on the times, if you were still up or posting as you get up. I have been known to post around 9pm here then off to bed then post before 5am, since, like Bill, I get up between 3am and 5am depending on where I am working.

:( Sorry you had a bad week-end D....but not sorry we won :carrot:

RED SOX NATION...Saito looked good closing...a good guy...wish he was still here.

Was looking forward to the game tonight Big Bird....:mad:

So :carrot: those padres lost in the 9th!

Who's in first?

WE ARE!!!!!:carrot:

EZMONEY
04-19-2009, 07:43 PM
I see Bill Rodgers is running BOSTON again....cool....way cool....what a stud in his day!

EZMONEY
04-19-2009, 07:44 PM
oh and my LAKERS WON TOO!!!

Good day to be L.A.

Sweetcaroline
04-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Yes Clydegirl.. :rofl: It was Kid's Opening Day at Fenway... there were a few other people with him, but he stood out..:lol:

Red Sox won...BOM BOM BOM.. but a little too close for comfort..
... the former Dodger Saito got the save..

I feel bad for the Washington Nationals... they're 1/10 that has to be awful.

Have a good night all ... :corn:

BillBlueEyes
04-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Red Sox strike again - (2-1 over Baltimore on Sunday).

Singing:

So now, of 30 teams in Major League Baseball, 12 have less wins than the Red Sox.

Getting better - that puts us in the top 60th Percentile of MLB

Yep, Gary, Bill Rodgers is running it again. Remember when he just won and won and won the Boston Marathon.

Congrats for cheering us on to victory, SweetCaroline.

Clydegirl
04-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Gary ouch that's the middle of the night.

Game postponed they will play a double header on July 12th instead.

The good news is I'm going to the game next Sunday against the Cubs. I'm sure you will hear more about this as the week goes on :D

PearFreak
04-19-2009, 09:45 PM
Another Win for the SOX!!! YAY!

Sleep, what is that? Hahaha, I go to bed around 1 a.m. (but still watching tv, and falling asleep who knows when) most nights, and wake up around 7 a.m. most times earlier.

EZMONEY
04-19-2009, 10:08 PM
So are you a "PRICKLE" now....sweet avatar...er....dill avatra...

Jen415
04-20-2009, 02:21 PM
How 'bout my Marlins y'all? :) Yesterday they were close to losing to the Nationals (the NATIONALS! oh the shame!), but they pulled it out!

GO FISH!!

Slashnl
04-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Yep, that would be bad to lose to the Nationals.

Gary, you've been so nice. You can gloat about the Dodgers kicking the Rockies out of the park.

We're on to Arizona.

Sweetcaroline
04-20-2009, 06:55 PM
Well we just zoomed into 2nd place... :bike:

Boston won 12-1... BOM BOM BOM

Have a good night all' :corn:

EZMONEY
04-20-2009, 07:18 PM
How 'bout my Marlins y'all? :) Yesterday they were close to losing to the Nationals (the NATIONALS! oh the shame!), but they pulled it out!

GO FISH!!

WE would have the best record in baseball if not for your Marlins....dang! :hug:

Yep, that would be bad to lose to the Nationals.

Gary, you've been so nice. You can gloat about the Dodgers kicking the Rockies out of the park.

We're on to Arizona.

Please kick some butt on those snakes D!

Well we just zoomed into 2nd place... :bike:

Boston won 12-1... BOM BOM BOM

Have a good night all' :corn:

Congrats SWEET-C ~ PRICKLE ~ BILL and the rest of the NATION!

Jen415
04-21-2009, 08:44 AM
Grrrrrr! My Marlins CHOKED big time against the Pirates! Hopefully they will get back on track tonight.

Clydegirl
04-21-2009, 01:39 PM
3 against the Mets.

Slashnl
04-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Nope, can't beat the diamondbacks. Sheesh.
I had just come back from my 12 year old's little league game only to watch just about the same level of play from my Rockies. Honestly, I think our "Cowboys" team could have had a chance against the Rocks last night.

Ok, maybe that's exaggerating.

Sweetcaroline
04-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Diane... LOL... I'm sorry...
Remember... its very early...

Go Cards !! that's great..

Clydegirl
04-21-2009, 07:06 PM
Caroline it is? You don't like the Mets?

I hope it's good. We are having bullpen problems. I sound like a broken record.

PearFreak
04-21-2009, 09:35 PM
Hahaha, you too funny Gary.

I'd have to say it is a Bread & Butter Chip though. LOL!

Sweetcaroline
04-21-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm soooooooooo confused tonight... Clydegirl, I thought you meant you won three... :rofl: lol..

But I also thought I was watching the Sox 'live' tonight... :dizzy: I thought WOW, they're kicking butt again... (it was 7-1) but it was YESTEDAY's game.. tonight's game was PPD...LOL... I admit I was on phone, on-line, caught up in a kitty story here.. watching BL... but I'm not with it tonight.. :D

PearFreak
04-21-2009, 10:02 PM
We will let it slide this time Caroline. No more multi tasking, alrighty.

Clydegirl
04-21-2009, 10:03 PM
I'm soooooooooo confused tonight... Clydegirl, I thought you meant you won three... :rofl: lol..

But I also thought I was watching the Sox 'live' tonight... :dizzy: I thought WOW, they're kicking butt again... (it was 7-1) but it was YESTEDAY's game.. tonight's game was PPD...LOL... I admit I was on phone, on-line, caught up in a kitty story here.. watching BL... but I'm not with it tonight.. :D

I'm confused just reading that :D

EZMONEY
04-21-2009, 10:05 PM
This crowd is whacked!

PearFreak
04-21-2009, 10:08 PM
Not Me. I am NOT whacked. No, NEVER. Don't think I am, because I am not. Not whacked. LOL!

Clydegirl
04-21-2009, 10:14 PM
This is scary the ammount of times you see bats breaking.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090421&content_id=4362238&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Sweetcaroline
04-21-2009, 10:44 PM
Yikes... that is scary... Is it me or have there been a lot of players/umps getting hit with stuff...

Sweetcaroline
04-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Yes..Pear... or is it Prickly... :D ?
I will be more careful ...:dizzy: once I get home from work, I start a hundred things at once and that's it... a bit :hyper: side, wait till mid-season, I'm a crazy person...

Clydegirl
04-21-2009, 11:37 PM
Cards win 6-4 :carrot:

Yadi player of the game tonight.

EZMONEY
04-21-2009, 11:42 PM
dang....down 5-8 with bases loaded one out in the 9th to the lowly Astros...2 K's...dang!

BillBlueEyes
04-22-2009, 05:03 AM
Who's on first?

[Dang, this is a hard crowd to keep up with.]

EZMONEY
04-22-2009, 08:31 AM
Well my DODGERS are still in first!

BillBlueEyes
04-22-2009, 09:04 AM
Good grief, Gary, did you sleep through history class?

Ya see, before the iPod, there was wireless. And Bud Abbott and Lou ... <chocking up> ... Costello, and <holding back tears> they ...

... oh never mind. You youngsters understand nothing.

[Bawling shamelesly listening to http://www.baseball-almanac.com/humor4.shtml ]

Jen415
04-22-2009, 09:30 AM
My Fish are starting to STINK!! They better stop this downhill slide and SOON!

Slashnl
04-22-2009, 12:05 PM
Well, I guess my bashing them yesterday inspired them to win one. Yay Rockies.

EZMONEY
04-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Good grief, Gary, did you sleep through history class?

Ya see, before the iPod, there was wireless. And Bud Abbott and Lou ... <chocking up> ... Costello, and <holding back tears> they ...

... oh never mind. You youngsters understand nothing.

Oh BILL For as long as I remember I could tell you that "what's on second" enters my mind after "Who's on first?" is said...I looked quickly this morning with droopy eyes and thought you posted who's IN first :)

But it did remind me of the link I am posting for you all ~ good old black and white!

ENJOY ~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sShMA85pv8M

EZMONEY
04-22-2009, 11:31 PM
sad-sad-sad...2 in a row to the 'Stros....weak relief 2 days in a row.

BillBlueEyes
04-23-2009, 05:29 AM
Yay Red Sox for a seven game winning streak.

Thanks, Gary, for the link to Who's On First. Cracks me up every time, even though I've heard it a zillion times before.

Ouch for the Astro's coming back from the dead. Doesn't seem to keep you guys from being in first place though. Good luck with them tonight.

EZMONEY
04-23-2009, 08:39 AM
Still in first Bill since those padres lost to the giants....one game lead.

off to work

Have a great day everyone!

Clydegirl
04-23-2009, 08:53 AM
So far so good against the Mets. 2 down one to go.

Then the Cubs arrive tomorrow. Did I mention I'm going to Sunday's game :carrot:

PearFreak
04-23-2009, 09:38 AM
Yay Red Sox for a seven game winning streak.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Have fun on Sunday at the game Clydegirl.

Slashnl
04-23-2009, 10:35 AM
sad-sad-sad...2 in a row to the 'Stros....weak relief 2 days in a row.

Oh relax, Gary. You're coming to Colorado to play the Rockies. Should be some easy wins... for you! Maybe with being in Colorado, we can win one or two!!

Jen415
04-23-2009, 02:05 PM
And still my Fish choke on the road.....

Tonite they are at home, which is good because it's been a LONG month on the road.

Clydegirl
04-23-2009, 04:53 PM
We swept the Mets :)

Now for the Cubs.

EZMONEY
04-23-2009, 05:50 PM
Where is RAZZ so you can razz her BIG BIRD?

Nice sweep...

ok EVERYONE....let's root-root-root for My DODGERS tonight...3 losses in a row is enough dagmumit!

Clydegirl
04-23-2009, 06:46 PM
Gary I haven't seen Razz on here for ages.

PearFreak
04-23-2009, 10:16 PM
Rooting for you Gary... but not too much, as I need to keep Rooting for my Sox.

EZMONEY
04-23-2009, 10:25 PM
Don't think those SOX are gonna lose...so happy ex-DODGER Brad Penny pitched decent yesterday for you....

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PearFreak
04-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Hahahaha... Not. Do you want me to root with you or not? I can send a hex to them, if that is needed. No more putting down the Sox. Hey where is Bill and Caroline to help me out , when I need it. LOL!

EZMONEY
04-23-2009, 11:01 PM
WHAT!? You can't decide between pears - pickles or Smurfs!

DODGERS WIN!!

w/o Brad Penny ~ Derek Lowe ~ T. Saito....

dang....wish we still had them...dang

BillBlueEyes
04-24-2009, 04:43 AM
Am right here PearFreak - you don't need any support against Gary on the Red Sox night off, LOL.

Besides, both Los Angeles teams won last night; he'll be in his happy place for a day.

But tell me this. Why am I so focused on the Devil Rays and seem to be blind sided that the Marlins and the Blue Jays seem to be beating everyone in sight?

EZMONEY
04-24-2009, 08:31 AM
Could have been a 4-some Bill, with the Sharks winning again....but my LAKERS stunk up the joint at the finish...well most of the game actually!

SMURFGIRL ~ I wasn't dissing your SOX...I was dissing Penny! (for being such a lazy jerk last year with us) I just meant your SOX don't need me rooting... they are doing so well in the big run they have going on...

Slashnl
04-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Only Gary can root for the Dodgers while they are playing the Rockies!!!!
I can only hope that our pitchers can find a way to pitch like a major leaguer should!

EZMONEY
04-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Only Gary can root for the Dodgers while they are playing the Rockies!!!!
I can only hope that our pitchers can find a way to pitch like a major leaguer should!

HEY!! WE deserve "equal" rights :D

PearFreak
04-24-2009, 04:41 PM
I only change my avi to confuse you Gary. Looks like it is working too. LOL!

BillBlueEyes
04-24-2009, 07:01 PM
Hay SweetCaroline and PearFreak -

What's your take on the three game series with <we don't say their name> this weekend. Are you going?

EZMONEY
04-24-2009, 10:22 PM
I only change my avi to confuse you Gary. Looks like it is working too. LOL!

Oh pleeeeeeez SMURFGIRL it takes a lot less than that to confuse me! :p

It's on tonight D....I am up 2-1 right now.....:carrot:

edit...I spoke too soon....down 2-3

Clydegirl
04-24-2009, 11:55 PM
Cards win 4-3 :carrot:

redsoxgirl
04-25-2009, 01:48 AM
I know I haven't posted in forever but I've been lurking...who saw that Sox game tonight????

I was there, what an incredible win, Fenway went insane.

BillBlueEyes
04-25-2009, 04:45 AM
I know I haven't posted in forever but I've been lurking...who saw that Sox game tonight????

I was there, what an incredible win, Fenway went insane.Yay for a Youkilis walk off home run in the 11th inning. I can believe that Fenway went insane.

Good to see you back, redsoxgirl.