Weight and Resistance Training - anyone ever take a kettlebell class?

eviemc
01-23-2009, 06:05 PM
hi all
I purchased a keetlebell a few weeks back and I have used it 2 times a week and just started 3. I really love it and I can see it working very well.

So a local gym is offering kettlebell classes soon and since I do not have a gym membership yet this is making me want one. My question is has anyone taken a kettlebell class? Did you like it or do you prefer to work out on your own?
Thanks
Evie

nelie
01-23-2009, 06:16 PM
I don't know any place that has kettlebell classes so I haven't been. I'd like to try though.

Justwant2Bhealthy
01-23-2009, 07:35 PM
What is a kettlebell; and how do you use it? Thanks ...

EDIT ~ I just found the sticky for kettlebells and read that; looks interesting: thanks anyway!

Mel
01-23-2009, 08:54 PM
I've taken several kettle bell calsses and they were FUN! Hard work, and a little unnerving with too many people, but FUN!

Ask if you can get a free pass to try a class and explore the gym. Gyms and trainers are hurting for clients these day and you may be able to get yourself a week pass.

Mel

eviemc
01-25-2009, 04:29 PM
Thanks for all the info. I think I am going to pass on the classes and just get a video. Since I work at home it is easier for me to workout there and I do not put things off like I would if I had to go to the gym.
Thanks