Fitness Videos - Jillian Michaels' new DVDs

View Full Version : Jillian Michaels' new DVDs

AngelD
01-22-2009, 06:51 PM
I was looking at some biggest loser stuff on the US Amazon site (there are no reviews them on the UK version) and I spotted that there are 2 new DVD from Jillian being released in Feb. Is anyone planning on getting either of them. I'd love to hear what they are like before trying to get them shipped over here.

Redflame
01-22-2009, 06:56 PM
I had one shipped just yesterday, from Netflix (pay $16 a month, get videos sent to you, 2-3 at a time, return them get more, all month long) And I was really excited to watch it. I got to watch the intro, to find that she has several levels of workouts (30 Day Shred) BUT I could not forward to the levels becasue my KIDS lost the DVD remote! GRRRRR I will update tonight I hope (if not the kids are in big trouble)

PammyFl
01-30-2009, 12:31 PM
I have the cardio kickbox and let me tell you. Its a KILLER! You are dead tired at the end, IF you can make it to the end. Ive been doing that with The Biggest Loser cardio max which is also equally as hard. But if you dont have good knees i would stay away from the cardio max seeing as its ALOT of lunges. I have only been doing it for about a week but i love both of them!!!!!!

jmfan317
01-30-2009, 01:23 PM
I was just watching clips of them.

http://www.collagevideo.com/item.aspx?item=5641

http://www.collagevideo.com/item.aspx?item=5651

daniellapants
01-30-2009, 02:03 PM
those clips look fantastic!!! i ordered both dvd's this morning b/c i love 30 day shred. i will check back in when they arrive in my mailbox and i get to try them out ;)

AngelD
01-31-2009, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the link to the clips. They both look really great.

I think when I find somewhere that ships to the UK (probably amazon) I'll go for the No More Trouble Zones DVD. It looks like the body tone work outs I used to do at my old gym which were so good and really got me toned when I did them regularly. I have plenty of DVDs that cover cardio work.

AngelD
01-31-2009, 01:22 PM
Well I caved and just ordered them both from amazon.com. I went for the cheapest international shipping so they will be here sometime between 2nd & 20th March! They are obviously being shipped by carrier pigeon or something like that!!

daniellapants
02-02-2009, 11:52 AM
angeld - hopefully the DVDs get to you sooner than later! update us when you get to try them out too...i'm hoping to get mine either by the end of this week or the beginning of next week!! lets cross our fingers the carrier pigeons were trained well ;)

AngelD
02-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Well the way the entire UK has ground to a halt after a few inches of snow I think pigeons will be a whole lot faster than any other form of delivery at the moment!!

mom2cass&em
02-05-2009, 09:31 AM
I ordered both her new ones from deep discount dvd! They should be here next week!!

teawithsunshine
02-06-2009, 04:26 AM
Hi--

I live in the US, but I watched both of her new dvds on cable for free just the other day.

I then immediately ordered them ;) They are THAT good and what's even better, both dvds are at least a 45 minute workout each!

Enjoy 'em when you get them AngelD!

~ tea

KristaNElise
02-08-2009, 11:56 PM
I just did the metabolism one.. And let me tell you that was a killer!! I was just flipping through my ON demand and it was on there!! This is a really really hard workout.. Atleast it was for me.. :o I defiantly am going to keep doing this one. I could defiantly feel it working.

my time is now
02-09-2009, 12:12 AM
i bought both of jillian's new videos, ordered them from amazon and just received them over the weekend. but i have not had time to try them out yet. i'm hoping to make time to try one of the videos tomorrow... will let you know how that goes! they are both 40 mins and i'm sure will be quite challenging.

i also got the biggest loser weight loss yoga dvd (with biggest loser trainer bob), it arrived with the 2 jillian dvds.

has anyone tried bob's weight loss yoga dvd out yet?

gymlee
02-09-2009, 12:19 AM
I watched them both On Demand this weekend and I just tried out the Boost Metabolism one and I thought I was going to die! I actually had to stop a couple times it was soooooo hard. Sooooo hard that I cried! I actually cried!!! I've never cried from an actually dvd work out (only from gymnastics) and at the end of it I don't know if I wanted to kick Jillian's a$$ or kiss her because she worked me so hard. Unbelievable! I still feel like I want to :faint: I'll try out the other one tomorrow if I can move ;)

teawithsunshine
02-09-2009, 01:43 AM
I just got my Jillian Michael's 2 new dvds in the mail on friday. The "Boost Metabolism" & "No More Trouble Zones" ...

Question: How many times a week do members on this forum plan to use her 2 new dvds?

thanks!

~ tea

KristaNElise
02-09-2009, 09:59 AM
I watched them both On Demand this weekend and I just tried out the Boost Metabolism one and I thought I was going to die! I actually had to stop a couple times it was soooooo hard. Sooooo hard that I cried! I actually cried!!! I've never cried from an actually dvd work out (only from gymnastics) and at the end of it I don't know if I wanted to kick Jillian's a$$ or kiss her because she worked me so hard. Unbelievable! I still feel like I want to :faint: I'll try out the other one tomorrow if I can move ;)

I know what you mean! I thought i was going to cry too! Its hard!! I had to stop a couple times too..

mom2cass&em
02-09-2009, 10:32 AM
I do not have the DVD's yet but I plan to do them 5 days a week. Not sure in what order but I plan to rotate the 2 new ones with the 30 day shed.

gymlee
02-09-2009, 08:45 PM
I just got my Jillian Michael's 2 new dvds in the mail on friday. The "Boost Metabolism" & "No More Trouble Zones" ...

Question: How many times a week do members on this forum plan to use her 2 new dvds?

thanks!

~ tea

I think I'm only going to use them once a week each. I'm planning on rotating it with hitting the gym in the morning. From what I can tell, the Boost Metabolism one works mostly pull muscles (back, biceps, hamstrings, etc) and it looks like the other one works the push muscles (chest, triceps, quads, etc). Jillian recommends working your muscles according to those groups with 2 days of rest in between so I'm going to do the gym Mon (pull muscles) and Fri (push muscles) and then Tues (push muscles) I'm going to do No More Trouble Zones and then Thurs (pull muscles) I'm going to do Boost Metabolism. And then Weds I'm just going to do plain cardio take a day off depending on if I want to work out on Sat. I hope that helps Tea!

AngelD
02-10-2009, 03:29 PM
I got mine today! Loads sooner than I was expecting. I'm going to have a watch of them later on tonight.

I'm also planning on alternating them and doing one of my other DVDs on the weekend just to keep it different.

mom2cass&em
02-10-2009, 04:00 PM
I got mine today too! :carrot:

I think this might be my rotation..

Sunday 30 day
Monday Banish Fat
Tuesday 30 Day
Wednesday 30 Day
Thursday Trouble Zones

mom2cass&em
02-10-2009, 06:24 PM
OMG I did Banish Fat Boost Metbolism...:yikes: This is HARD! But so worth it! :carrot:

gymlee
02-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Oh man I just did the No More Trouble Zones today and Yikes!!!! Haaaard! But thankfully not as hard as Banish. That one I seriously thought I was going to faint. With No More... I modified to make it a little easier but I somehow managed to get through without crying this time but lots of grunting and screaming. Still wanted to cry though because I was frustrated with my bodys inability to do some of the exercises fully and having to modify them. Oh well, baby steps. :kickcan:

MonteCristo
02-11-2009, 11:04 AM
I just got both of them last night. I watched (I always watch a dvd before I try and do it) the first circuit of No More Trouble Zones, and it looks like it is going to be tough. I have a really hard time with those combo moves, my arms usually give out way before my legs! Hopefully I'll have time to watch the rest of both of them in the next couple of days, and maybe give one a try on Saturday.

gymlee
02-12-2009, 07:37 PM
MonteCristo- I hope you get to do them in their entirety soon!

I'm peeved that I can't seem to find these dvds for sale in any stores. It seems I have to order them online and that makes me mad! I don't wanna wait!!! :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

I guess I'll just order them off her site in a few days along with the yoga mat and carrier that says "I'm a bully" on it. It's in a little bundle with the mat, the two new dvds and the 30DS for like $40-50 I think. It works because I'm actually in the market for a new yoga mat since mine got lost in my move here to Delaware and I also don't have the 30DS so that might interesting to look into for variation.

AngelD
02-17-2009, 06:11 PM
I did Banish Fat Boost Metbolism last night and it was soooo hard! I ended up skipping the last two ciruits as I just couldn't do anymore. I've been aching all day and really struggled through spinning tonight. Thankfully tomorrow is my rest day.

Think I might give it a week or so till I try No More Trouble Zones or I won't be able to move!

gymlee
02-18-2009, 12:23 AM
AngelD- No More Trouble is actually a little bit easier (if that's even possible to say about a Jillian Michaels work out!) than Banish because it's more weights than jumping around cardio and calistenics. Don't get me wrong it pushes you hard but maybe not as bad as the other one.

I tried to order the dvds on Jills website and they were out of stock. I refuse to pay more on bestbuy.com or walmart.com when I also want to buy some other products of hers as well. I was peeeeveeeed! :tantrum: Ugggggggggh! I just want my dvds and t-shirt!!!! :cry: Well at least it's still on demand for a few more weeks. :dunno:

mom2cass&em
02-18-2009, 11:40 AM
I agree that No More Trouble Zones is easier...If Jillian heard that she would make it harder I bet!:dizzy:
The one thing on Trouble Zones that is killer is the Surrender:faint: That is KILLER!

What Move/Moves do you dread?

AngelD
02-18-2009, 02:51 PM
Shhh!! Don't say things like that you never know who might be reading them. :D

I'm glad its not as hard (that sounds better!) but I think I'll wait a week. Going from not much exercise to 2 x Jillian is a bit extreme.

Burpees was probably the move I wasn't at all happy about seeing again later on in the work out. They are so hard. :(

Melonys
02-18-2009, 03:04 PM
The shoulder raises w/ the back lunges is the hardest part of the trouble zone video for me. I can hardly wash my hair in the shower after doing that video. I'm excited about the boost metabolism. I haven't tried it yet, but sounds like you get more of a workout from that video? I've been doing the trouble zones video 3-4 times/week for the last 2 weeks and I see so much of a difference already!

gymlee
02-19-2009, 12:02 AM
AngelD- I agree that you never know who's reading ;)

Mom2cass&em- OMG!!!!!! Those surrenders are the hardest thing for me too!!!!!! At one point I felt like I seriously couldn't get back up my legs were so sore and ready to give out that I was going to just :faint: but I thankfully made it through. I also disliked the one where you are in a static forward lunge pressing the arms back behind you and not letting the weights come in front of your bum. That one really hurt! But the surrenders and the side planks were by far the hardest! Jilly wasn't kidding when she said that the side planks are vicious! I have such a hard time lifting myself up and stabilizing. Ugh! Hopefully they get better.

Melonys- The Banish fat one is more cardiovascular so you're breathing a lot harder which makes it harder for me anyway. And then there's the fact that she combines calistenics that use your own body weight that is rough. But it's strange for me now because I'm kinda looking forward to doing either one of those dvds tomorrow :)

RangerChic
02-22-2009, 07:12 PM
I used the Metabolism one (haven't gotten the other one yet) three times last week and it is a killer workout! I really felt it in my legs and arms the next day. Definitely an a-- kicker!

mom2cass&em
02-24-2009, 10:01 AM
No more Trouble Znes is a little easier...Thank God that's the one I am doing today. Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is a KILLER!!

Spark
03-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Hi everyone, I'm in England too and I was having trouble finding any of Jillian's Dvds too :( When I do find them they're reg 1 and I don't have a multi-region player.

I've discovered BigW entertainment in Oz sell the 3 pack Dvd of Jillian's workouts which is region free - Yay! :carrot:

Jillian's just awesome! :D

gymlee
03-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Ok so I lied before. I did No More Trouble Zones yesterday for the second time and I thought I was going to die!!!!! I actually had to pause half way through because I was getting dizzy and nauseaous. I was like what the ****??? But I caught my second wind after a few minutes and finished strong. It was just awful... but a good awful if that makes any sense. :p

wantingtolose
03-05-2009, 12:22 AM
I got both of these ones in the mail today. I love the 30 day shred, but wished it was a little longer so i think i'm going to enjoy these. Plus, i love jillian .

I bought mine off amazon for 20$ total for both. I got free shipping since my order was over 25$. I don't know how cheap they are elsewhere but i thought it was a good deal.

I can't wait till tomorrow to try them out.

gymlee
03-05-2009, 02:04 AM
I got both of these ones in the mail today. I love the 30 day shred, but wished it was a little longer so i think i'm going to enjoy these. Plus, i love jillian .

I bought mine off amazon for 20$ total for both. I got free shipping since my order was over 25$. I don't know how cheap they are elsewhere but i thought it was a good deal.

I can't wait till tomorrow to try them out.

Have fun!!! Just be prepared to work SUPER HARD! Jilly is vicious in these videos. But it's all to get you totally ripped up. They are amazing!

mom2cass&em
03-05-2009, 12:45 PM
I alternate the 2 dvd's so today it's No More Trouble Zones Day. :strong:

I am down to 164lbs! :carrot: I love these videos!!

wantingtolose- Have you tried them yet? Let us know what you think :D

Violin Jenn
03-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Hi Ladies:wave:
Can I join the Jillian fan club?

I just ordered these two dvd's from direct dvd off of amazon! I'm so excited!! Jillian is just the one to kick my toosh into shape! I saw a brief segment of a talk show that she was on this morning it got me motivated! I just may be able to lose these 15lbs I gained over the last 3 months and look great for summer so I can fit into the skorts I bought a few years ago when I was a bit thinner!!!

I'm planning on rotating them in with my Turbo Jam Max results, Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds and just gettig out doors to jog, rollerblade or powerwalk now that Spring and longe days are coming!

I can't wait to have Jillian kick my butt!!!!

gymlee
03-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Hi Jenn!!! :wave: Welcome!!!

Like I said to wantingtolose, be prepared to work hard. Her work outs are no joke! You've gotta really focus to get through the work outs and get the results you're looking for. As she says, you can't phone it in. You gotta work hard and she pushes you to get to the point. She's A-MAZING! I love her!

Violin Jenn
03-06-2009, 05:24 PM
gymlee,
That sounds PERFECT!!! It sounds like what I need.

AngelD
03-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Hi everyone, I'm in England too and I was having trouble finding any of Jillian's Dvds too :( When I do find them they're reg 1 and I don't have a multi-region player.

I've discovered BigW entertainment in Oz sell the 3 pack Dvd of Jillian's workouts which is region free - Yay! :carrot:

Jillian's just awesome! :D

I think they have only been released on region 1 unfortunately. I found the unlocking code for my DVD player on the internet to make it multi-region otherwise I wouldn't have been able to watch them either.

gymlee
03-07-2009, 12:16 AM
Great Jenn!!! I'm so glad it's what you want. :D

Violin Jenn
03-07-2009, 12:39 PM
About two years ago, I spent a year working out at my gym with two personal trainers(I had to split my time between them). These guys were brutal! By the time that they got done working out my legs, they were jello. I had to actually rest in the locker room for few minutes before hitting the cardio equip. I loved every minute of it.

Working out hard is the only way to lose the weight. Jillian has shown us that on The Biggest Loser. LOL...I'm going to be watching the calander like a kid!
Here's a link to the show I saw Jillian on yesterday.

http://www.mandjshow.com/

gymlee
03-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Aw! Yea I just met with a trainer a couple days ago and I'm in the process of trying out a couple other gyms in the area to see where I'd like to go but yea I totally agree about working out hard. Not only does it shed fat and calories like crazy but you also feel incredibly accomplished when you get done.

Thanks so much for posting that link to her appearance on that show! I can never get enough of her. It's so interesting how she keeps talking about dying alone. I know she talks about it a lot on her radio show but the fact that she's saying it now on tv I'm like "Aww. Poor girl." I just want to give her a hug.

jmfan317
03-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Does it say you should alternate the dvd's everyday to see good results?

jenniferleah
03-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Hi, can I join in too?? I started doing 30 day shred last week since I couldnt get to the gym due to snow. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I am now making this part of my daily routine (plus my gym time). Its great because I can do it while my baby is sleeping in the am and still hit the gym at night when my DH gets home...

I did cardio kickbox too last week (from Netflix watch instantly) and that was good too!

I ordered Banish Fat Boot Metabolism last week since I liked 30 D.S. so much so I should get that soon...glad to hear it is challenging.

gymlee
03-10-2009, 01:52 AM
Aw you guys are so cute!!! Of course you can join! Jillian fans unite!!!!

As for alternating the new dvds I'm not sure. They can be pretty hard so I'd start of doing each of them once a week and then go from there. But if you are really unsure you can always call into her radio show and ask. It airs Sundays 9-11 Pacific Time on KFI AM 640 but if you don't live in California you can listen to it streaming online and call in when she says to. Just search for the radio station on google and you'll be able to connect to it and call in when she says it's call time. I hope that helps :)

jenniferleah
03-10-2009, 08:17 AM
Thanks so much for the radio show info...i will def check it out this Sun!

My plan is to keep to the 30DS daily and add in my gym time or another of her DVD's that are cardio based.

mom2cass&em
03-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Does it say you should alternate the dvd's everyday to see good results?

I alternate the new dvd's. It seems to be working for me :carrot:

wantingtolose
03-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Okay, i just did the metabolism boost, fat blasting workout. (i was out of town before today) and it rocks!
It kicked my behind just enough without leaving me feeling like i was going to die. She stopped at just enough reps to feel worth it, but again it was at the perfect time, like she knew if i had to do one more second i would quit :)

I hated the planks circuit. Those things are just evil :devil:
If i'm not too sore tomorrow i'm going to do the other one. I figure i'll do them each twice a week or so and maybe throw 30 day shred in there somewhere. I really love how she doesn't use fancy moves and her voice doesn't irritate the crap outta me.

hopefully i'll have a body like hers by summer (jk. I hope to lose 10 -15 lbs though)

gymlee
03-10-2009, 11:45 PM
Good for you! I thought I was going to die. And those plank circuits are just plain vicious!!! I'm so mad they they took the Banish one off Exercise TV ON Demand. I love that one!!! I want it to come it.

mom2cass&em
03-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Yeah Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is ****...that's what I call it :D

I am doing the easy one today...No More Trouble Zones ;)

I think if Jillian hears that we call this one the easy one she will make it harder...just to be Jillian :devil: :D

wantingtolose
03-12-2009, 11:34 AM
I was so sore yesterday from doing banish fat. Yikes. My legs were aching so i just did some elliptical, i plan on trying the no more trouble zones today. I'm glad to hear its the "easier" one. I'm still a little sore.

gymlee
03-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Banish Fat is ridiculous. And I used to think that NMTZ was easier but I did it a couple days ago and I thought I was going to die so I'm taking back what I said about it being easier. All her videos are just plain vicious!!!! She's evil I tell you! Evil!!!! But I love her anyway. She will forever have my heart for royally kicking my a$$. :D

mom2cass&em
03-13-2009, 03:54 PM
I did not do NMTZ yesterday and instead did Level 1 AND 2 of the 30 day shred :eek::censored::whoo:

Yes Jillian is EVIL :devil: and boy is she exactly what we need!

mandalinn82
03-13-2009, 05:08 PM
Banish Fat IS hard...and I'm fit and have a ton of trouble finding DVDs that challenge me. The second to last circuit is so evil (Moguls! Cross Country Ski! Jump jump jump jump!). I think my max HR was something like 168, which is normally my HIIT interval heart rate. Madness!

mom2cass&em
03-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Yeah by that last circuit I am about dead plus you need to do them all TWICE! She is a meany :devil: But I love the results!

gymlee
03-13-2009, 05:59 PM
OMG I hate the cross country skiing!!!! It was during that stupid circuit that I had a mini breakdown one time and started crying because for some reason it triggered some sort of an issue (since we all know how being fat is just as much emotional/psychological as it is physical) some anxiety and I lost it. I had to stop like 3 times to catch my breath because I was crying as I did the stupid work out. I know I sound like such a crack pot but not only does she give you great results but for me it also helps to trigger the emotional stuff I need to work through as well.

I have to do one of the videos today since I kinda slacked the rest of the week work out wise (did general aerobics/calistenics one day and 30ds the other) so I gotta make up for it though I really don't know which one to do because they are both so nuts.

mom2cass&em
03-13-2009, 07:26 PM
I just won her Biggest Winner 5 disc set off EBAY! :carrot: Does anyone have that one? I also got her book Winning by Losing! :carrot:

mom2cass&em
03-13-2009, 07:36 PM
gymlee- Cross Countries are killer! They make me want to cry. I aalways think I can't make it through and I always do. I just think how she would kill me if she was in my living room and saw me stop :dizzy:

gymlee
03-14-2009, 02:13 AM
I have 3 of her 5 Biggest Winner Set or at least I think I do. I have Shape Up Front and Back and her Cardio Kickbox. What are the other two? The maximize ones??

As for the x country skiining I have to stop sometimes and I *conviently* don't imagine her being there ready to break my legs if I stop. Sometimes you just have to take a breather but I never stop for more than a couple seconds at a time. And if I have to stop for several minutes (which has only happened twice I think one for the freak out and once when I thought I was going to puke lol) I pause it so I can do it all the way through. It's really hard sometimes.

mom2cass&em
03-14-2009, 02:18 PM
This is what is in the set..:exercise

- Maximize - Back in Action
- Maximize - Full Frontal
- Cardio Kickbox
- Shape Up - Backside
- Shape Up - Front

It does work well when you think about her "being there" and yelling at you when you stop. I take no more than a 5 second break and then continue to kill myself :dizzy:

So now I can rotate all my Jillian DVD's :carrot: I need to come up with a schedule :D

How is everyone does today? It's my REST DAY! THANK GOD!

gymlee
03-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Hoooraaay!!! I used to love those videos when I was thinner. They still kicked my butt even when I was about 45lbs lighter haha I hope you come up with a great schedule!

I have to do something today since I didn't do anything yesterday. I actually got invited to go out with a friend I haven't seen in a few years so I decided to see her since I know I can do Jillian work outs anytime haha But I woke up a little congested today so I'm like hmm do I want to exercise?? I may get out and walk the mall at the very least.

ringmaster
03-14-2009, 05:32 PM
netflix has all the Biggest Winner workouts to view (complete workout, not short preview) so if anyone wants to see them before buying. They all look pretty good, and you can combine 2 for a longer workout.

kswood87
03-16-2009, 12:23 AM
Hi guys I'm new to the site but I just wanted to say I love 30 day shred!! I'm still on level one though. Should I try the boost metabolism video? I just feel like I'm going to pass out halfway through....everyone keeps saying how hard it is. I'm scared lol What do you guys think I should do?

Violin Jenn
03-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Hi Ladies!
On Saturday I received my DVD's!!!!!! Due to my lack of coordination, I like to watch them before I do them. I watched in total the NMTZ and OHHHH MY! That's gonna kill, but it's just what I need! I've seen some the Banish the Fat and I have two concerns. One is all the jumping is NOT gonna be good for my right knee. Second is I live on the second floor of an apartment bldg and all the jumping may upset my downstairs neighbors.

Any suggestions? The knee will do better as I get stronger, but my neighbors....

Tomorrow-NMTZ in it's entirity!

kswood87
03-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Ok I went ahead and tried the banish fat dvd and I only made it half way through :( I'm going to cut myself some slack though seeing as this is only my 2nd week of working out in over a year. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it by the end of the week I would love to add it to my 30 day shred workouts.

wantingtolose
03-16-2009, 03:44 PM
I tried to do No more trouble zones last night at 8pm, after i had only got 5 hours of sleep the night before. Needless to say, i had to quit after 10 minutes. I was too tired, my form was way off, and since i only have 5lb weights i was afraid i was going to hurt myself :(
I'm going to do it today though. I watched the rest of it while i hopped on the elliptical (pretty mindless) and it looks like a great workout.

gymlee
03-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Jenn, I wouldn't worry too much about making noise with the jumping as long as you're light on your feet. You can control your landings and such.

Kindra, I wouldn't worry too much about not being able to do it all the way through. It's a really hard work out and if you've not worked out in a while it's really rough so you have to be patient with yourself. You just gotta try to do a little more each time. And you can do the modified version of moves and or like just not go as deep with things like lunges or squats and things like that. Don't lose heart you'll get there! :hug:

kswood87
03-16-2009, 09:47 PM
Gymlee, Thanks for your response. I think I'm going to try just that. Tomorrow morning I'll try again and if I can make it one circuit farther than today I'm going to go ahead and consider that a success :)

ringmaster
03-17-2009, 12:19 AM
I ordered the biggest winner workouts from Ebay also. It says it comes with a 6 week plan, so maybe I'll do them for awhile or alternate weeks with her other workouts. So I have a plan now and I will stick to it!

kswood87
03-17-2009, 12:54 AM
Really? I'm curious as to what the 6 week plan is like. Does anyone else have this?

mom2cass&em
03-17-2009, 11:15 AM
Really? I'm curious as to what the 6 week plan is like. Does anyone else have this?

I will let you know when I get mine.

So I am doing Levels 1 & 2 of the 30 Day Shred...:dizzy: Man that is HARD!

kswood87
03-17-2009, 03:28 PM
Thank You and have fun doing Level 1 & 2. I can't wait till I'm able to do that.

Violin Jenn
03-17-2009, 07:10 PM
Okay I'm a liar! LOL! I only got thru half of the NMTZ workout. :( I'd rather go at it slow and steady and be able to keep it part of my lifestyle when I am working again. So I did do the warm up thru half way thru the core circuit. Not too bad I think for my first go at it. I did however pair the half workout with a nice 2.2 mile walk outside.

mom2cass&em
03-18-2009, 10:49 AM
I think that was great! :hug: Just keep on your pace and do a little more each time. Before you know it you will be doing the whole video! :carrot:

Good Luck!

I did Level 1 & 2 yesterday..trying to change it up! I think I *might* do BMBF (****) (Boost Metabolism Banish Fat) today but right now I am to sleepy to think. My 1 year old decided not to sleep very good last night! :dizzy:

jenniferleah
03-18-2009, 11:16 AM
Banish Fat IS hard...and I'm fit and have a ton of trouble finding DVDs that challenge me. The second to last circuit is so evil (Moguls! Cross Country Ski! Jump jump jump jump!). I think my max HR was something like 168, which is normally my HIIT interval heart rate. Madness!

I hear ya and totally agree...I was like WTH because I really did not think that a DVD could do that to me-my HR was like I was running sprint drills or somthing. Love it

Bubu
03-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Hi girls, I added another thread on JM. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2660663#post2660663
I am signed up on her site and beginning of today I am into JM too. I am determined to do 5 weeks.
Gonna also buy some dvd's , the 30 day shred, No troubles zone and Fat Boost Metabolism.

@gymlee: I see you like Nadia Comaneci. I come from her country too. ;)

jmfan317
03-19-2009, 02:58 PM
I have 30 day shred and did the whole dvd but I just ordered No More Trouble Zones and by the end of the month or before the will order the Banish Fat Boost Metabolism.

gymlee
03-20-2009, 02:28 PM
@gymlee: I see you like Nadia Comaneci. I come from her country too. ;)

I love her! Even though I wasn't even born yet when she was competing I've read so many books about her and seen a lot of her major competitions (Worlds, Olympics) on tape or dvd. She was so amazing and innovative and probably my favorite gymnast of all time! I want to lose my weight so I can do gymnastics again so I can fly like her! I actually used to be pretty good despite carrying an extra 30lbs or so when I was seriously competing. But yea, Nadia is up there along with Jillian on my list of favorite and inspirational people! And I would love to visit Romania one day. :)

jenniferleah
03-21-2009, 11:49 AM
Im still doing 30DS and addding in BFBM, CardioKickbox when I cannot make it to the gym...2 weeks in and Im still loving it! Ive got level 1 and 2 down pretty well and plan on trying level 3 monday.

I am definately seeing a change in my strength and endurance too! I also updated my measurements today and since 2/24 Ive lost 2" on my chest and hips and 3" waist! And 9 more lbs are gone too!

BUBU-I will check out the thread you added. My SIL is from Romania too!

kswood87
03-22-2009, 02:06 AM
Ok so I didn't make it through the whole Banish Fat workout but I did make it through 5 out of the 7 circuits. :D It's only my second time doing it and I lasted abut 20 minutes longer than the first time so I'm SUPER excited about my progress!! I'm so tired and yet not tired at the same time...weird. I can't wait until I finish the whole dvd. That's going to be a major accomplishment for me.

JenniferLeah You lost 3 inches on your waist?!? Congratulations, I am jealous. You are seriously now my motivation to keep with the 30DS.

Bubu
03-22-2009, 04:39 PM
I love her! Even though I wasn't even born yet when she was competing I' But yea, Nadia is up there along with Jillian on my list of favorite and inspirational people! And I would love to visit Romania one day. :)
You know how I call JM when I am with my hubby? I tell him, let's go, I gotta be home for that ***** to kick my *** :o It is true, she is evil, and I come back for more, every time!

Oh Nadia has been every girls dream, my moms too. Nadia made history at Montreal in 1976, she was and is a star.

ringmaster
03-22-2009, 08:27 PM
ok..I changed my plans, the seller(power seller at that) I bought the 5 DVD set from is ripping people off. I ordered the Maximum Set and Cardio Kickbox else where for now.

Today I did BFBM... those jumps with the heel clicks are hard! I just did more plyo jumps.

MiaRocks
03-22-2009, 08:29 PM
I just bought her wii game!

gymlee
03-23-2009, 07:39 PM
You know how I call JM when I am with my hubby? I tell him, let's go, I gotta be home for that ***** to kick my *** :o It is true, she is evil, and I come back for more, every time!

Oh Nadia has been every girls dream, my moms too. Nadia made history at Montreal in 1976, she was and is a star.

Don't get me wrong, I love love LOVE Jillian, but when it comes to her work outs she is vicious. I would probably call her a b*tch too for when she's in her work out mode but I just love her too much to call her that :lol: It's probably because I know she's just doing what she can to make me work hard to get results even though she really does kick your a$$.

I know!! Nadia was the first to score perfect 10s and was/is so iconic for that. She had such innovative gymnastics and was way ahead of her time. She is so amazing I wish I could meet her. She's one of a few gymnasts that I haven't met yet that I've loved so I really wish to meet her one day :)

gymlee
03-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Ok so I didn't make it through the whole Banish Fat workout but I did make it through 5 out of the 7 circuits. :D It's only my second time doing it and I lasted abut 20 minutes longer than the first time so I'm SUPER excited about my progress!! I'm so tired and yet not tired at the same time...weird. I can't wait until I finish the whole dvd. That's going to be a major accomplishment for me.

JenniferLeah You lost 3 inches on your waist?!? Congratulations, I am jealous. You are seriously now my motivation to keep with the 30DS.

*Gasp* Yaaaaaay Kindra!!! Congrats for making it that far!!! I can't wait for you to make it all the way through. You'll be doing the whole video before you know it!

kswood87
03-24-2009, 03:06 AM
Aww thank you so much. Now I feel bad that I didnt get my butt up and try that DVD again tonight. I've just been having one of those drained of energy days you know? Tomorrow I'm letting Jillian kick me into action once again!

jmfan317
03-25-2009, 11:29 PM
I'm still waiting for my Troubles Zones dvd to come in the mail the latest it should be here is Saturday and I ordered the Banish Fat Boost Metabolism today. I can't wait to start using them next mnth.

jmfan317
03-26-2009, 10:44 PM
They just mailed out the Banish Fat Boost Metabolism dvd today so I should get it sometime next wk. I can't wait to start them. I hope I see some good results with the dvds inconjuction with my healthy eating. I hope to hopefully drop 5 lbs next mnth or more but we'll see what happens. Hope everybody else is doin good.

What results have you noticed since you started using the new JM dvds?

gymlee
03-26-2009, 11:17 PM
No worries Kindra. You do what you can when you can. At least you're moving some and you're not like me laid up not moving much because I'm getting over being sick.

Yay, mjluva! You're going to see some great results especially in the way of stamina once you start using them. They're hard but they beef up your edurance really quick once you use them repeatedly. I was starting to get a little more toned over time too but then stopped because I got sicky :( I'll go back to it again soon though :D

jmfan317
03-28-2009, 01:39 PM
I got my NMTZ in the mail yesterday I can't wait to get the BFBM next wk.

jmfan317
04-04-2009, 01:36 PM
I finally got my BFBM JM dvd in the mail yesterday. I'm so excited. My wrkout this wk is the 30 DS all 3 levels and the NMTZ all circuits. I hope I don't die trying the NMTZ. Hopefully this will be a good wk.

gymlee
04-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Yay Mj!! I hope you get to use it soon!!

I did NMTZ for the first time in like almost a month and I am so sore today haha I knew I would be because at the end my tushie was already hurting. I had to laugh because at the end of the work out right before cool down Jill's like "Wow I feel amazing now." and I was like "Really? Because my a$$ hurts but that's the difference between you and me I guess." And today my behind is hurting soooooo bad. But a good kinda hurt, in places I haven't felt in either a long while or never (depending on the area).

How are all you ladies doing with the videos??

jmfan317
04-08-2009, 11:21 PM
So I did the NMTZ warm up and circuits 1 & 2 this morning. I was pouring sweat but I made it through. I have circuits 3 & 4 tomorrow. I did my 30 DS level 2 after lunch as well. I hope I lose 1-2 lbs by Saturday morning because that's my weigh in day.

Bubu
04-09-2009, 05:09 AM
All 3 dvds arrived yesterday for me, you can imagine my excitement :dancer:(BFBM, NMTZ &30 DS). Too bad we've been busy putting together a corner couch, otherwise I will be hopping all around the house trying all 3:woohoo:

jmfan317
04-09-2009, 05:48 PM
I did circuits 3 4 and 5 today from NMTZ man I can totally feel it in my biceps and thighs. I'm sure I'm gonna feel more pain in the morning.

jmfan317
04-10-2009, 06:17 PM
I finished my circuits 6 and 7 and the cool down from the NMTZ. I'm sore from yesterdays wrkout I really feel it in my triceps and thighs. I hope I see the scale go down in some way and not up.

jmhender
04-11-2009, 11:59 PM
I've tried both NMTZ and BFBM from exercisetv, and they were PAINFUL! The boost metabolism one was really hard. I've done it twice so far, and the second time I've managed to get a little more than halfway through but I could barely breathe! Jillian is a killer! I'm a little sick right now but I'm going to attempt to do her dvd again once I get better.

I would like to incorporate these into some type of weekly schedule, but I don't really know what kind of schedule I want to make with my exercise dvds...anyone care to share the schedules they use?

Violin Jenn
04-14-2009, 07:43 PM
Hi Ladies!
I still can't do Jillian's NMTZ fully. I can however do the first four circuits then another day the remaining 3 with cooldown. Tonight I did the last 3 plus the cool down. I'd love to add a walk, but it's a miserable rainy dreary day here in the SE PA. :( So I think I'll add some more ab and free weight work in while watching TBL tonight.

Tomorrow though, first thing in the A.M. it's the Two Mile Walk Away the Pounds for me.

Bubu
04-14-2009, 08:36 PM
I would like to incorporate these into some type of weekly schedule, but I don't really know what kind of schedule I want to make with my exercise dvds...anyone care to share the schedules they use?
It depends what suits your daily schedule. Meaning how much time you have to spare. I work out at the gym in the morning, and then at home do JM usually before lunch. After 2pm, my working out mood goes into sleepy mode lol.

jmfan317
04-21-2009, 07:25 PM
I did my warm up and circuits one and two of Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. That is a killer cardio dvd. It really gets your heartrate up and makes you sweat. I have No More Trouble Zones circuits 3,4, and 5 tomorrow. Hope everybody is doin good.

jmfan317
04-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Well 2day is a dble wrkout day 4 me. I have both Jillian dvds 2 do. Circuits 6,7 and warm up from both dvds which totals out 2 about 30 mins. It should be a good day. Hope everyone is doin great. Have a fantastic wkend every1.

jmfan317
05-02-2009, 08:13 PM
I wanted to know can ya'll complete both dvds?

Bubu
05-03-2009, 01:11 AM
I wanted to know can ya'll complete both dvds?
One after the other? I haven't tried yet, but I can do half.
Usually I do the circuit training from her site, and it takes me an hour for 3rd level many reps, and right after it I go into one of the dvd's without resting, to make a total of 1h20min of my workout. You can imagine after I am done, after the stretch I am not even able to stand up, I just stay on the mat for half an hour lol:dizzy:

jmfan317
05-04-2009, 06:53 PM
I actually completed the whole NMTZ workout 2day. I thought I was gonna die but I did it. I am exhausted but I feel good.

Bubu
05-04-2009, 08:37 PM
I actually completed the who NMTZ workout 2day. I thought I was gonna die but I did it. I am exhausted but I feel good.
:bravo:

jmfan317
05-07-2009, 08:26 PM
I completed my full hour of Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. That is some hardcore cardio for ya. How exhausted but I hope all these workouts pay off this Saturday for weigh in.

festivus
05-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Are these workouts the same intensity as 30DS, but longer?

SBD Sass
05-07-2009, 09:17 PM
NMTZ and BFBM cannot hold a candle to 30DS. 30DS is still the tougher one out of all of productions. I'm totally OK with that. :p

Bubu
05-08-2009, 05:11 AM
NMTZ and BFBM cannot hold a candle to 30DS. 30DS is still the tougher one out of all of productions. I'm totally OK with that. :p
I will have to disagree. I did 30DS all levels at once (so yeah, 1h without stopping). I can pull it out by exhaling really good, but BFBM kicks my *** with all that cardio :dizzy:

festivus
05-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Wow BuBu, you do all 3 levels together? That's pretty darn inspiring!

Bubu
05-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Wow BuBu, you do all 3 levels together? That's pretty darn inspiring!
Just don't ask what doesn't hurt today, OK? :lol: I gained endurance before, by doing about 5 weeks of circuit training from her website, so I was ready for a chalange. If that was the 1st JM I would have done, I would not be standing my *** today in front of my pc.

I am just preparing for 2 of the levels now, and then I am going for a swim. It is the only thing that keeps me alive haha. I find it very relaxing for my muscles, and I love swimming on the bottom of the pool. Otherwise I would be dead :joker:

SBD Sass
05-08-2009, 02:31 PM
I will have to disagree. I did 30DS all levels at once (so yeah, 1h without stopping). I can pull it out by exhaling really good, but BFBM kicks my *** with all that cardio :dizzy:

Yeah, all the plyo in it isn't so nice. I like the plyo and can do it so it's not hard for me and I guess that's why I think the Shred is more complicated. NMTZ is not as tough as 30DS though.

Bubu
05-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Yeah, all the plyo in it isn't so nice. I like the plyo and can do it so it's not hard for me and I guess that's why I think the Shred is more complicated. NMTZ is not as tough as 30DS though.
I have been trying NMTZ after 1h of JM circuit training from her site, and I have been doing 3-4 circuits, depending on the muscles involved more on that day, and then I think it is a killer :dizzy: (but I guess anyone would after 1h, to add more lol). I haven't tried to do NMTZ on its own. I will...soon.

SBD Sass, I see you're getting into shape and working it out really good and getting married. Congrats, on both!!! ;) In 2 weeks I'll be happily married for 1year lol, can't believe it, and we're leaving on a cruise.