100 lb. Club - I went on a date... hmmm...

View Full Version : I went on a date... hmmm...

Kae
01-22-2009, 10:25 AM
So I went on a date... and it went really badly, but let me tell you why I am happy about the whole thing.

First off, I didn't think it was a date. After I agreed to hangout I was told by others that he thought it was a date... and that became very obvious when I got to the restaurant. The whole thing was really awkward, especially when he tried to kiss me... so I still have to deal with all the weirdness of being around him now.

However, I am feeling good because besides the fact that it is flattering to know someone is interested in you... it was nice to know that I am not interested. Let me explain... with my weight and lower self esteem I have been likely to become interested in guys because I know they like me... not because we have common interests or I have feelings for them... just because they are showing interest. However, 3FC has really been a wake up call for me and I realize I don't want to settle for someone... when I do date again I want to know that it is because I really want to and not because I am feeling needy. I want to fill my own needs and love myself first, ya know.

So... thanks to all you chicks who have made me realize I am worth it. I was thinking of you last night at dinner and just wanted to show my appreciation. Lots of love...

170starting
01-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Yayyyy!!!! Go YOU!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

sarahnotsega
01-22-2009, 10:33 AM
Right on!

JulieJ08
01-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Success indeed :)

3turkeys
01-22-2009, 10:39 AM
RIGHT ON GIRL!!!!! Wishing you the best!

DCHound
01-22-2009, 10:45 AM
That is a big deal!! Good for you!!

Kae
01-22-2009, 10:46 AM
Thanks guys... I feel really good about it. You guys rock!

autumns19
01-22-2009, 11:02 AM
:cp: Awesome!! I am glad you aren't going to settle, and you are feeling a lot better about yourself. :D

luvja
01-22-2009, 11:14 AM
:yay: Go Kae!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nada
01-22-2009, 11:23 AM
OK, that really was a bad date if you were thinking about US! Hee, hee. So if you go out with someone and we're the farthest thing from your mind, you'll know there is more heat there!

WarMaiden
01-22-2009, 11:48 AM
That is totally awesome.

TJFitnessDiva
01-22-2009, 11:57 AM
Awesome!!! You'll find the best things happen when you gain self confidence :)

gumboot
01-22-2009, 12:33 PM
Good for you! You deserve the very best :hug:

TraceyElaine
01-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Good for you! You should be so proud of your self!

fiberlover
01-22-2009, 03:06 PM
:bravo: on your realization!

xJox
01-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Good for you! You deserve the very best :hug:

Exactly!!! :hug:

rodeogirl
01-22-2009, 03:40 PM
That's great. I love the feeling of having more options. More options in who I date, more options in leisure activities, more options of the rides I'll fit on at the fair, etc.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-22-2009, 03:56 PM
Our Kae has become a very wise independent woman! :hug:

Kae
01-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Our Kae has become a very wise independent woman! :hug:

Thanks Rhonda.. that's really sweet!

I really appreciate everyone's kind words. You guys are amazing.

recidivist
01-22-2009, 06:00 PM
Eeeeegads. Am I the only one here who is wondering how a girl can be asked to dinner by a guy (I'm assuming he asked and paid) and you didn't think it was a date? Is he just that bad (shy or doofus) at the way he presented it, or have you been avoiding men for so long you don't recognize when a guy is hitting on you? :D

Ookpik
01-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Don't waste the pretty!

(For those unfamiliar, this is a line from the book "He's Just Not That Into You!" meaning you don't need to just settle and give yourself to just anyone for the sake of having a man, which Kae has apparently discovered! :)

Kae
01-23-2009, 09:46 AM
Eeeeegads. Am I the only one here who is wondering how a girl can be asked to dinner by a guy (I'm assuming he asked and paid) and you didn't think it was a date? Is he just that bad (shy or doofus) at the way he presented it, or have you been avoiding men for so long you don't recognize when a guy is hitting on you? :D

LOL--- probably both. He is my friend's new brother-in-law so I met him at her wedding in October. (I was MOH and he was a groomsman.) So I have since seen him a few times in social settings with a group of friends... I assumed it was just a friendly outing, though it did strike me as a bit odd beforehand. ... yea, I really am out of the loop I guess.

cfmama
01-23-2009, 01:47 PM
I am so proud of you!!! I have done the same thing too in the past so I know how huge this is :)

JustSharing83
01-23-2009, 04:17 PM
That is a really good way to look at it! I had never really thought about it, but I can really relate to what you are saying.

I would be interested in guys that either seemed to like me or that I thought might be willing to "lower themselves" to date me, especially in high school. They were generally terrible choices though, often drug addicts or something similar. I never got into serious relationships though, because even though a few showed interest, I would get a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach and I just wasn't comfortable with it. Around age 19 I decided I would rather be alone than with someone who treated me badly or used me. Then at 21 I met my fiance', and suddenly I wasn't settling for the only guy willing to talk to me, and he didn't seem to feel he was settling with me. We have so many things in common and just love one another. He's smart, funny, kind, and I honestly believe he'd do anything in the world for me, and it's all mutual. That's the kind of stuff that makes it worth the wait.

It's great that you have also realized your self worth, and I hope you eventually find the one who really is perfect for you. Everyone deserves that! :)