Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2002, 10:16 AM   #1  

Default Aspartame/Nutrasweet Alert

Found this on another thread here at 3FC. Read it and I am sure you will change you're mind about it. As a nutrasweet nut..I have. No more. I am sticking to Splenda.

http://www.anxietypanic.com/aspartame.html
Old 05-13-2002, 10:27 AM   #2  

I never ate that much nurtrasweet. I do like splenda. And it's made from surgar. I go so far as to check my childrens vits. A lot of them contain sugar subs.

I hope more people read this. I aslo wish that more food people would use this subs. instead of the others. But I do make cool-aid with splenda and it tasts great. And it has no cals., and no weird aftertaste.

Thanks for the info Jen.

Bella23
Old 05-13-2002, 10:56 AM   #3  
Losin It For GOOD!

This is a hard one for me, because although I agree that aspartame is bad for you, a few of the medications I need that work the best for me have it in them!!!
Old 05-14-2002, 10:26 AM   #4  

Aspartame is in many things and sometimes it is added in addition to other sweeteners. I haven't used it for over thirteen years.

I recently discovered Splenda and I do appreciate it very much. Diet cola with Splenda keeps me on track!
Old 05-14-2002, 02:51 PM   #5  

Redvelvet: Could you tell me what diet cola uses splenda? I have not been able to find one that uses anything other then nutra sweet.

Thanks
Bella23
Old 05-17-2002, 10:25 AM   #6  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Jenniffer,

Thank you for the information on Nutrasweet. Reading that made me wonder if the achiness and stiffness I have been having for the last few months could be due to the use of the Nutrasweet. I don't use great quantities of it, but use a little everyday over a period of a couple years. I had never been achy like that before ~ just since about February. Anyway, I am stopping with the Nutrasweet and see if that makes any difference. I wonder if that is it, how long it would take to notice a difference and tell whether that is the cause or not.

Again thanks for the info.

Take care ~ glynne
Old 05-17-2002, 02:25 PM   #7  

my mother has type two diabetis and she has been using artificial sweetners ever since she was diagnosed. well, when i showed this info to my brother we have noticed he has TONS of the symptoms mentioned. so he has completely stopped using it at all. my mom hasnt yet, but she is looking into alternatives. just kinda hard when you be po
Old 05-18-2002, 03:52 AM   #8  

oh sheesh that makes for very scary reading.....and i thought id found some bad side affects from sweetners theres a lot to be said for just sticking to good old fashioned water not that i do of course i cant abide drinking the stuff..................hey mystic we share the same birthday (not same yr though),but after this year im staying 29 anyways so you will catch me up
Old 05-19-2002, 06:12 PM   #9  

Hi Bella!

I found one called Waist Watchers. It's inexpensive and I just love it! It comes in many flavors but I love the cola and orange.
Old 05-19-2002, 07:31 PM   #10  
Want to feel better

Redvelvet ~ what store do you find the Waist Watcher colas at?

MysticPoet ~ now that your brother has stopped using the Nutrasweet, has he noticed any difference in his symptoms ~ have they decreased at all? If so, how long did it take for him to notice a difference?

Thank you for your help.

glynne
Old 05-20-2002, 07:33 AM   #11  

Grocers in the Northeast have it. They have a webpage. Just type in Waist Watchers and it'll pop up.
Old 05-20-2002, 09:55 AM   #12  
Want to feel better

Redvelvet ~

Help ~ I keep typing in Waist Watchres.com, and keep getting the message ~ can't find web site ~ what am I doing wrong? Was hoping that maybe if i could get to the web site, that maybe they could tell me where I might purchase that around here ~ NC.

Thanks for your help.

glynne
Old 05-20-2002, 10:05 AM   #13  
Losin It For GOOD!

http://www.adirondackbeverages.com/ad-ww.html

here ya go
Old 05-20-2002, 10:12 AM   #14  
Losin It For GOOD!

By the way guys, thanks for the inspiration to look that link up. I think I'm going to start drinking Waist Watchers products.. at least then I can have soda without Aspartame...
Old 05-20-2002, 10:24 AM   #15  
Want to feel better

Beth Anne ~

Thanks for your help. I was able to get some information.

Thanks again ~ glynne
Closed Thread