Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2001, 08:30 PM   #1  
Parrothead

Hello all! Yeaaa I get to start the thread today. I already tried this once and I lost my post, so here goes. Welcome to all newbies and those who haven't jumped into the thread yet. Don't be shy...come out, come out where ever you are! This is a 20s- ish thread for those who need support and friendship through their weight loss ups and downs. Speaking up ups, WI was not good for me. Up 0.2 lbs - Its not too bad, but disappointing all the same. I'll dust off and try again next week. I have to go to a Wireless Internet conference in NYC next week, so its going to be hard. There is always free food, which is much harder to turn down. I hope everyone had a good V-day. DH and I cooked steaks and baked potatoes. I also made one of my favorite WW cole slaws. It was delicious and DH got a really nice bottle of wine for us! He is so sweet sometimes .
Kim ~ congrats on the 10%!!!! That was a great loss.

Jen ~ WW isn't the only reason DH and I aren't trying for babinos...we also have a lack of house, family car (I drive a sports car), $, I need to quit smoking, etc. I can't wait to start though, I love kids!!! Yours sounds like an absolute joy! Maybe in another 6 months or so. I bought a book on fertility so that I can understand my cycle better. Hopefully that will help once we do start.

Congrats to all who got flowers and such! Men can suprise us with their charm at times .

Well I gotta run. I'll chat more later!
Kay

------------------
kay
164/144.2 /135

[This message has been edited by TxAggie (edited 02-15-2001).]
Old 02-15-2001, 08:39 PM   #2  
Fudgesicle Freak!!

Ok I had started a new Thread at the same time...Let's see if I can move my post over here!!!
Good Morning Everyone,
Wow, I thought that there would be lots of posts by now?!?!?!? Looks like it is going to be a pretty quite day in here! Missed WI last night, but I don't think that it would have been great, ssssooooo I will have to get back on track this week I had my mom over for Valentines, we had dinner and watched TV, pretty boring actually!! We found an apartment last weekend so I have been collecting boxes from work!! I feel like I am living in a cardboard world Now comes the fun part packing I have so much junk that I need to throw out but I am such a pack rat that it is a dificult task!
I found out yesterday that I now do not have to serve jury duty!!!! It is to bad I was kinda looking forward to it, BUT 3 weeks is a long time to sit on my butt listening to "experts".
I just have to say to TxAggie that I love the Mole, I don't think that it is Steven because it sounded like that is who Jennifer voted for last week and she got kicked off??? I have my eyes on Jim(that whole book incident??) and Kathryn?? I can't to see the last show!!
Well I should be off...Hi to everyone-there are so many of us now it is hard to put down everyones name on a new post because you can't scroll down and see them!!!
Have a great day!!!
For those who watch Survivor...Who's gonna be next????? My hope Jerri or Mitchell

Stephanie

Old 02-15-2001, 08:53 PM   #3  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. Well, I went one point over yesterday. I am a little disapointed, but sort of happy because I had the feeling of a real binge coming on. I think I was trying to medicate my soul with food (as Dr. Phil from the Oprah show would say). I have been feeling really depresed lately about everything that is going on. Between the miscaridge and the breast surgery, I just feel like my body is broken. I don't feel like a whole woman anymore. All this extra weight I gained in the last few months has not helped. I feel so huge right now...not sexy at all. I can not seem to get out of this funk. Also, I am not sure when to expect my period. I thought it would come about 28 or so days, but it has not. I may have gotten a small one two weeks ago. But it is making me very agitated. I want to get back to trying. I am sorry, I know, too much informaiton. I just really felt a need to get that all off my chest. My hubby, I think, does not know how to respond. He is frustrated because he can't fix it. It is not that I want it fixed...I just need to give voice to my concerns and feelings. Thank you for letting me do that.

Kay: You will have to tell os the recipie for the cole slaw. Sounds good. Don't worry about the weigh in. YOu are doing SO GREAT!!! and I think you are right, dust yourself off and try again.

Kim: CONGRATS!!!!!! Doing a big dance of joy for you!!!! How did you lose 4.2 in one week? What is your secret? GREAT JOB.

Well, I need to get going. Very busy week here. I will try to post more later.

Trish
193.2/188.6/155?
5'10"
Old 02-15-2001, 09:12 PM   #4  
Parrothead

Trish ~ Thanks so much for the encouragement. My heart goes out to you. I've gotten myself into funks also, so don't let it get you down. You've been through so much it's only natural to feel down. I was in a major funk right before the wedding. I was excited about being married, but the wedding planning was so overwhelming (we invited 450--300 showed). I was also moving to a new city away from all of my friends, starting a new job, and preparing to make the largest committment of my life. It sounds like you are really motivated to pull yourself up, so just hang in there! This too will pass and you can vent to us whenever you need to.

OK for the cole slaw - its called sweet and sour cole slaw. Its kinda wierd sounding, but really good.

dressing:
combine 2T oil(I use Sesame), 2T apple cider vinegar, 1/4 c + 2T FF Ck broth, seasoning packet from oriental Ramen Noodles (or any flavor you like), and 2T sugar. Wisk this together until it is combined.

for the other part:
chop 5 green onions(white and green parts) finely, toast 1/4 c slivered almonds, crush the Ramen noodles. Combine all of this with a 16 oz. bag of cole slaw mix (or you can use fresh cabbage and carrots, but this is much easier).

Add the dressing and mix well. Add Salt and pepper to taste. Chill for a bit and then dig in! I think it makes 8 servings and the whole thing is 20 pts. If ya'll re-calculate this differently, let me know.

Oil - 8 pts.
Almonds - 3 pts.
Sugar - 2 pts. (you could proably substitute Splenda here)
Ramen Noodles - 7 pts. - (I am not sure of this one).
everything else is free.

Happy cooking! I'll post more things as I try them. Right now I'm going to create a low-point margarita.
Old 02-15-2001, 09:45 PM   #5  
Running Babe

Morning!

I love Thursdays, only 1 class and now I am done for the day. I have to start my term paper... fun fun fun.... We got more snow last night grrrrr.... anyhoo, I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day! So are we all going to make St-Patty Day goals? Mine are to get down to 165lbs, to weight train 3 times a week (5 times for abs) and to drink less Diet Coke!

Kim: WooooooHooooooo!!! That is so fab! not only you made your 10% you got a star! That really rocks Congrats!

Kay: sounds like you had a great dinner! Your hubby sounds so sweet. Wow, you had 300 people at you wedding? Wow, that's awesome and a huge accomplishment (two of my friends had small weddings and were stressed enough with that!).

Trish: Venting is good for your soul, remember we are always here to listen to your concerns. Take care okay.

See Y'All, I'll be back when I get fed up with working on my paper! I have two midterms next week, but I'll study for those over the weekend.

Ali (who'll try and get the signiture feature to work so she doesn't always have to enter in her stats )

243.4/170.4/155 5'6"
Old 02-15-2001, 10:00 PM   #6  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Quick post:
Kim: Way to go!! That's awesome!
I have to get back to work. I'm not going to be here tomorrow since I'm getting my teeth pulled, so I have to tie up loose ends.
My computer is acting like molasses, too!
Grrr
Have a great day!

------------------
Stacey
235.7/185/160
Old 02-15-2001, 10:27 PM   #7  

Hiall. I was here earlier this morning but didn't want to be the first post of the day. I wasn't feeling positive enough. I ate 53 points yesterday. We decided not to eat leftovers and to go out for dinner. We had a coupon and a gift certificate for Chevy's Mexican so we went there. I love it! We shared a veggie quesadilla and I had chicken soft tacos. I ate too many chips though. At work, I ate way too many m&ms and was already at my minimum by the time I got home. Trish - I share your funk. I am pretty sure that I am still going to go to WI tonight even though the scale will say 170. I haven't weighed this much since July (major setback) and am 10 pounds over my Valentine's Day goal.

Enough negativity.

Trish - I hope you get out of your funk soon. TMI - I told my husband that I have gained enough to not feel sexy too.

Kay - I am sure you will get over your gain quickly. I am also looking for a book on fertility. We are going to start trying in August I think. I am very excited for kids.

Stephanie - Valentin'es Day with your mom sounds kinda nice eventhough it was quiet.

Kim - congrats o nthe huge loss and making your 10%.

I am back on track today with veggie soup and popcorn. what would I do without a mocrowave?? Talk to you later.

Sarah
194.4/170?/153WW
Old 02-15-2001, 10:43 PM   #8  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HI all... I stopped counting my points yesterday, but I really don't think I did too bad! Thankfully, WI is Saturday, so I have 2 days to make it up! I have had a cold this week and my mouth is soooo dry, so I have been drinking a ton of water. Yah for me. I think that I am picking up everyone elses sicknesses really easy this year. My work has been sick a lot, plus Emma is at Daycare and who knows what viruses she brings home!!!

Kay... My hubby drive a sports car also.... Firebird. There is absolutely no room in the backseat. It is the most hilarious thing to see him try to put Emma in there. you have to climb into the backseat just to get her car seat belted in. Then, the front seat doesn't go back all the wat because there is no room! He made me drive it once with her... Pain in the butt. Definately get a bigger car! We bought a minivan for me last summer. I had to trade in MY car, not his!!!

I got my hubby a ballon bouquet yesterday, he was embarrassed. He is also upset because I out V-day'd him! YAH!!!! He usually is the one that showers me with the lovey mushy stuff... but he wasn't as good as I was! And he even admitted that he almost bought me chocolates. I told him he was a fool to even think about it. But he said, then he could eat them all! MEN!

Well, I better get back to work. Yah, tomorrow is Friday!!

Jen
Old 02-15-2001, 10:43 PM   #9  
Go Avalanche!!

Hello Thursday! Hope everyone had a wonderful night last night. I got spoiled! I came home to a dozen dark peach colored roses, a candlelight bath with rose petals in the water, a glass of wine, and Red Lobster. They have take out and my DH made the presentation absolutely beautiful. That last part is the one that hurts! After WI on Tues, I really couldn’t afford to eat that, but I wasn’t even going to dream of not eating it and enjoying every bite! I have a bit of a headache this morning. I may have had a little too much wine before I ate! I didn’t get up to my alarm this morning either. I remember hubby coming in to tell me goodbye, and Nestle trying to paw me to death, but that was it until DH called me. At least I was only 5 minutes late! I get one order of Girl Scout Cookies tonight. SH*T!! Notgoodnotgoodnotgood.

Sarah: Don’t stress over the gain. You lost it once, you can do it again. That weight doesn't belong to you, so you have to get rid of it

Kay: My favorite too! I burn them at work every day. I keep waiting to get in trouble from the staff in the building. I haven’t yet though. DH and I don’t even want kids yet anyway so I shouldn’t be worrying about it. We have too much playing we want to do for now. We have Nestle and I’m getting a small inkling of what’s going to be entailed with kids. So much for freedom huh? It’s very hard to schedule time with my girlfriends. It’s not like any of us can just say ‘hey, lets go out for a drink?’ Ah well, it’s just the natural progression of life and relationships huh? What would we do without things to make life interesting?

Julie: Yeah for the flowers and major points (no pun intended) for being so aware as to not get you candy!

Kim: Yeahyeahyeahyeahyeah!!!! I know how hard you have been working to get to that 10%! Congratulations and here’s a big *hug* How did you do it in one week? I too need suggestions b/c I have to lose 3.6 this week and 3.6 next week! You got flowers too and the same color as mine! We are so lucky http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//love.gif

Casey: Good job on the exercise. At least I burned off a couple of points of the Red Lobster tonight. I having a candle party at my house and am going to walk around and distribute flyers tonight so I will get some exercise that way too.

Trish: *big hug* I know it won’t seem like it, but everything you are going through will make you stronger. It will take time to deal with everything and time to get back in the swing of things. I wish I could beam myself over and give you a hug in person. Keep your chin up please??

Sarah: I love Chevy's!! Have you had their Watermelon margarita? They usually have it in the summer and it's so wonderful! Don't worry about your big points, just start over!

------------------
Brenda
198.4/162.4/135(WW)/130(Personal) (5'4")

When life gives you mud, make mud pies!!

Feb 27 WI goal: 155 !!
Old 02-16-2001, 12:19 AM   #10  
A Yankee in Virginia

I'm sitting at my desk, eating sushi and feeling more motivated than ever! I must have danced a solid hour straight last night. What a workout! Definitely in the 'strenuous' category on the points finder scale. So that took care of the two Hersey kisses cookies I ate last night. I was good, though, I didn't drink any beer. I stuck with water. All of a sudden, I just want SO MUCH to get this weight off that I don't want to jeopardize it. Plus, I'm planning to splurge when b/f and I finally get to go out to dinner Saturday night! German food is definitely high in points, and I'm not just eating a salad!

Trish: Sending you a big hug! You might have a tinge of the winter blues, too, on top of everything. Venting is always a way to feel better, I think. So vent anytime! That's what we're here for!

Kay: If you find a recipe for low-point margaritas, you must share! I can't figure out how that's possible, but yum! Maybe using fresh fruit instead of mix?

Brenda: Wow, your hubby sure is romantic! I feel like I have to squeeze the romance out of my b/f sometimes! The roses were a lovely touch, although I missed being able to spend last night with him. He climbed into bed after 2 a.m. and I barely remember it!

Hey, who's the technical one on here? Sarah? I'm getting a PowerBook today to use for work! I'm excited! Three of the reporters (including me) are testing them out to see if it's something everyone should use. We'll have all our newswriting programs on there as well as Internet access. Should be cool!

OK, how did I lose 4.2 in a week? I'm honestly not completely sure. I was sick over the weekend, so I didn't eat much. But the other days I was making an effort to eat at the middle of my points range, 24-25 instead of 27. I also exercised every day I wasn't sick. The week before, I had a slight gain because, I think, I had my period, so maybe I was due a big loss. I do think eating less points might have something to do with it. I don't plan on doing that all the time, because I like eating everything I'm allowed!

I've set my new goal for March 23rd — the day I leave for Florida for a week. (Supposedly to visit my parents, but they're in South Florida on the beach and I plan on getting plenty of sun in ) I'm going to try for 172 — the weight I was when I first joined WW back in 1993! That's 12 lbs. and probably not really realistic, but what the heck. Bathing suit season is a'comin'!

Gotta do some work now ...
------------------
Kim
206.8/184.4/130
"The (wo)man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones." -- Chinese Proverb, with a slight alteration by me

[This message has been edited by kimobi (edited 02-15-2001).]
Old 02-16-2001, 12:23 AM   #11  
A Yankee in Virginia

Does anyone know why replies don't always show up right away?
Old 02-16-2001, 01:14 AM   #12  
Crime Fighter

It's Thursday, so that means "SURVIVOR" -- Let's hope that Jerri gets the boot tonight!

I just got back from a workout and I feel fantastic! It's a muscle toning class so it doesn't have any cardio, but that's okay. I'm very lucky to work in a place where there's a gym on site so it's so convenient for me. What are other people doing for exercise? Are there any workout tapes you would recommend? I think the key to maintenance has to be exercise, but I worry about what will happen when it's not so convenient...

Hope everyone is having a great day!

------------------
229/160/165(WW)
Old 02-16-2001, 01:35 AM   #13  
Running Babe

Wow, I have realized something, my confidence has skyrocketed in the last few months. I always thought I was fairly confident, but now I am acting like the super- outgoing girl I was when I was a little kid (well of course with more maturity I hope ). I make conversation with people in my classes now without hesitating and I always participate in class discussions. Maybe I have let my weight problem hold me back. I know I shouldn't have, but I think I did. I became soooo shy for a while, but that shyness is going away. Luckily except for maybe a few years in High School my self-esteem has been pretty good, but even with that I shouldn't have let my weight hold me back.

Sarah: Good for you about going to weigh-in, unfortunately I can't go to mine until next week.

Jen: I am sorry you have a cold, I hope you feel better soon.

Brenda: Red Lobster yum! They got rid of those in Quebec, but in 2 weeks my mom and I are planning a day out and going shopping in Ottawa and having lunch at red lobster. I am glad Dotti has the point values on her site!

Kim: after passing certain milestones, I know that I got ultra motivated to get the weight off. For myself getting under 200 was one of them. It's amazing at what we're all capable of.

Lola: I do the muscle training classes as well. Primarily I jog and do step aerobics. I can't wait until the nice weather so I can bike again. I want to start swimming as well.

Better get back to my paper!

See Y'all

Ali

------------------
243.4/170.4/155 (15.4lbs left WooHoo!!)

[This message has been edited by Sweater Girl (edited 02-15-2001).]
Old 02-16-2001, 01:49 AM   #14  
Eve's Mom

Hello.

Well, I am eating my lunch at my desk, alone. Thought I'd check in and say hello.

I got the big f&^kin' nothing for V-day. I guess my expectations were too high. I made a romantic dinner, set the room all romantic and made him a card, love vouchers, painted a utensil holder and bought a video he wanted. I got a "dinner was good" and a pack of sweet-tarts. He also gave me a brochure for a local massage/esthetic place and said choose what you want. No card, no flowers, no I love you.

Whatever.

Love bites the big one and I'm tired of it. So I cried, which immediately pissed him off nad he ended up telling me to f-off since I didn't like his v-day gift (there was no gift?)

I guess the short answer is - don't getyour hopes up ever. Its not worth it. Consider invitro to have your babies.

Probably won't make it to WI tonite with the storm coming in, maybe tomorrow night. I don't feel motivated anyway, and I am not eating enough for my range either. But, I don't think I could take another stupid week of maintaining so I'd rather not go at all. Enough stress going on with out that.

WEll, how is THAT for pessimism?

sorry.....

Kim- way to go on 10%!!

Everyone else, I'll probably write on Tues - long weekend in Alberta.

Belle.
Old 02-16-2001, 03:01 AM   #15  
Go Avalanche!!

Just a quick note for all of you BON JOVI lovers out there. They are going on tour!!! I want to run around screaming with excitement!! They are in Denver April 30th. I think you can go to bonjovi.com and find out but I'm not sure. Haven't had much time to investigate but wanted you to know.

------------------
Brenda
198.4/162.4/135(WW)/130(Personal) (5'4")

When life gives you mud, make mud pies!!

Feb 27 WI goal: 155 !!
Closed Thread