100 lb. Club - So what's for dinner?

View Full Version : So what's for dinner?

Luvbean
01-19-2009, 06:40 PM
Would like to see what you all are making tonight!!!

I am having

WW Lasagna Florentine
Salad w/ ff Italian dress and a sprinkle of feta
& Green beans!!! Yummy

For dessert....100 cal popcorn, just in time for American idol!:D

2ndChance09
01-19-2009, 06:43 PM
Mmm sounds good!

We will prob. have baked chicken and corn. It is hard for me to think of healthy meals that my husband and two picky daughters will like but luckily we all love chicken, salads and fruits and veggies.

jademarlene
01-19-2009, 06:44 PM
Greek salad
hummus with lots of celery to dip in it

Michelle98272
01-19-2009, 06:47 PM
1 cup of Homemade chili...extra lean ground beer, kidney and Navy beans, stewed tomatoes, onion, chili seasoning.

1 corn bread muffin with 2tsp butter and a drizzle of honey

huge salad with mixed greens, roma tomatoes, onion, sliced mushrooms, baby carrots.

2 tsp Balsalmic Vinagret dressing.

8 oz Skim Milk, 8 oz water

Lyn2007
01-19-2009, 06:47 PM
Baked wild salmon
Uncle Ben's brown rice pilaf
mixed veggies from the freezer, steamed

mandalinn82
01-19-2009, 06:50 PM
I'll lay out my plan for the week.

Today:
Roasted pork tenderloin
Tuscan Beans and Brown Rice Pilaf
Sauteed Cabbage

Tomorrow:
Shrimp stirfry with lots of veggies
Brown and Wild Rice

Wednesday:
Grilled Chicken Skewers
Butternut Squash Risotto
Steamed Broccoli

Thursday:
Chicken Sausage and Lentil Soup

Friday:
Grilled flank steak salads with lots of grilled veggies, light parmesan ranch dressing

xJox
01-19-2009, 06:51 PM
I had homemade chili

Lean burger, leftover pintos, kidney beans, corn, onions, mushrooms, green peppers, tomato chunks, tomato juice, and chili seasoning.

EPW
01-19-2009, 06:56 PM
South Beach Turkey Meatloaf and brocolli. After dinner, I'll plan out the week.:)

FB
01-19-2009, 06:56 PM
2 servings grilled chicken breasts, steamed broccoli, cottage cheese, and a salad for dessert (JK) with grape tomatoes, red peppers, green onions, cauliflower, wee bit of crushed macadamia nuts and a delightful Annie's Naturals dressing.

Then, after my workout, a half serving of protein shake for power.

djay
01-19-2009, 07:03 PM
My favorite:
Large romaine salad topped with a 7 oz. package of tuna in spring water and light balsamic vinegrette dressing.

girlonfire
01-19-2009, 07:09 PM
I had two 2 oz. chicken breast fillets baked in garlic, spices, and some leftover tomato sauce with 1/2 cup steamed vegetables, iceberg salad, and a little of Newman's Own lighten up vinegar/olive oil dressing. It was SOOOOOO good.

lottie63
01-19-2009, 07:12 PM
I had homemade chili

Lean burger, leftover pintos, kidney beans, corn, onions, mushrooms, green peppers, tomato chunks, tomato juice, and chili seasoning.

I like to make chili with just black beans, red onions and jalapenos and chili seasoning (mccormicks is surprisingly spicy for a 'packet' type thing they are usually pretty mild) but I add chalula and franks extra spicy red hot anyhow ;)

But I have recently found I love black beans! I LOVE THEM I TELL YOU! hehe, I make black bean and cheese burritos and black bean chili and it is SO GOOD. :D

lottie63
01-19-2009, 07:13 PM
Oh! but tonight:

4 oz chicken with lots of veggies (Szechuan sauce)

yummay. :D

cfmama
01-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Tonight is baked chipoltle ranch salmon (6 oz) 1/2 cup brown rice and 1 cup roasted green beans :)

Beverlyjoy
01-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Today I had 12 grain pancake made with three egg whites, boca bacon, lite margerine, sf maple syrup.

mandalinn82
01-19-2009, 08:19 PM
Beverly - have you ever tried the Bob's Red Mill buckwheat pancake mix? So good!

BarbPA
01-19-2009, 08:23 PM
Ugh....it took me 2.5 hours to get from work to the gym tonight (normally 1 hour) due to snow. I was late for my training session but my trainer waited for me. By the time I got home it was nearly 8pm. DH took the boys out for dinner and I had no energy so I ended up with a banana and Lean Cuisine BBQ Chicken pizza. Not stellar, but better than a lot of other junk. :)

lottie63
01-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Ugh....it took me 2.5 hours to get from work to the gym tonight (normally 1 hour) due to snow. I was late for my training session but my trainer waited for me. By the time I got home it was nearly 8pm. DH took the boys out for dinner and I had no energy so I ended up with a banana and Lean Cuisine BBQ Chicken pizza. Not stellar, but better than a lot of other junk. :)

didn't we used to be diet buddies a long time ago?

such a struggle.

wickky
01-19-2009, 08:55 PM
butternut squash and potatoe baked w/ italian seasoning and the entree is

Turkey Sloppy Joes
1 pound extra-lean ground turkey (breast meat only)
1 small onion, chopped
3 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 cup carrots (shredded)
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 Tablespoon tomato paste
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
6 rolls

Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Crumble turkey into skillet and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomato sauce, Worcestershrire Sauce, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Simmer uncovered 10-15 minutes or until sauce thickens. Spoon mixture onto bottom of rolls.

Makes 5 Servings
Serving Size: 1 roll and 4 ounces meat mixture

Nutrients per serving:
Calories 222
Total Fat 7 grams
Saturated Fat 2 grams
Protein 18 grams
Carbohydrate 21 grams
Cholesterol 45 milligrams
Sodium 755 milligrams
Fiber 2 grams
Calcium 0 milligrams
Iron 0 milligrams

BarbPA
01-19-2009, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbPA
Ugh....it took me 2.5 hours to get from work to the gym tonight (normally 1 hour) due to snow. I was late for my training session but my trainer waited for me. By the time I got home it was nearly 8pm. DH took the boys out for dinner and I had no energy so I ended up with a banana and Lean Cuisine BBQ Chicken pizza. Not stellar, but better than a lot of other junk.

didn't we used to be diet buddies a long time ago?

such a struggle.

Hi Lottie - It's possible. :) I was pretty active around here in 2003-04 before my life got a bit out of control. I'm back now...for good. I hope you are well!

nelie
01-19-2009, 09:56 PM
Tonight I had...

Adzuki beans
Leftover chinese (veggie 'chicken' with pumpkin)
Green beans

And then shortly after dinner I made some veggie sausages so I had one as part of my dinner (basically dessert). My plan was to have some dark chocolate but I opted for the sausage instead.

rodeogirl
01-19-2009, 10:04 PM
A 3 Egg Omelette with red peppers, swiss cheese, sea salt, and lots of cayenne pepper. Topped it with a bit of lite sour cream and home made salsa from my wonderful Mestiza friend!

EDIT: Very filling for 335 calories.

Jeannette311
01-19-2009, 10:24 PM
You guys are so inspirational. I'm going to make myself a healthy menu for the week!

kasmin
01-20-2009, 04:38 AM
umm, good question; maybe eggs on tortillas with some beans, perhaps rice and a tuna/vegie stirfry, or maybe even a pasta thingy! Back later ;)

Later: had 2 fried eggs on tortillas, and fresh tomatoes on tortillas with a swipe of mayo, as well as a side of cooked spinach and mushrooms. Yum!

S.A.S.H
01-20-2009, 08:51 AM
I had grilled pork chop, 1 cup green beans, 1/4 cup corn, 16 oz skim milk and 1/4 cup of this noodly stuff I make for DS. (It was my short day, I needed to get my calories up!)

Tonight - Grilled chicken w/ a red/green/orange/yellow bell pepper, broccoli and mushroom stir fry.

MugCanDoIt
01-20-2009, 10:28 AM
I like to make chili with just black beans, red onions and jalapenos and chili seasoning (mccormicks is surprisingly spicy for a 'packet' type thing they are usually pretty mild) but I add chalula and franks extra spicy red hot anyhow ;)

But I have recently found I love black beans! I LOVE THEM I TELL YOU! hehe, I make black bean and cheese burritos and black bean chili and it is SO GOOD. :D

Ive recently tried Black Soy Beans. They are packed with protein, and low carb.....which helps us diabetics. Give em a try!

Hyacinth
01-20-2009, 11:34 AM
Last night, I went to Mom's for dinner and had a ground pork patty, squash, and sauteed kale, with a glass of chokecherry honeywine.

I'm unsure tonight. If I stay home, I will probably have a romaine salad with tuna, onions, etc. If I end up at a bar/party tonight, I will order grilled salmon/fish.

xJox
01-20-2009, 11:51 AM
Im not 100% sure today.

Beverlyjoy
01-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Tonight it will be grilled chicken, spaghetti squash with parm cheese & evoo, garlic bread.

nelie
01-20-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm planning to go to the grocery store to get some winter squash. We'll see, the roads around here will probably be crazy tonight as people leave DC.

Anyway plan is for
Adzuki beans
Roasted winter squash
Green beans

MugCanDoIt
01-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Tonight will probaly be:

Boiled cauliflower & brocoli
1 cup pinto beans-cant get enough, yum!
cooked fresh spinach

Must make sugar free jello for snack--hope it chills in time!

Then Im off to work out for at least 20 minutes. I can do it!

For lunch I had:

Faux turkey meat, fat free cheese, and fresh spinach sandwith on whole grain bread. And 1/3 grapefruit with Splenda on it.

Beverlyjoy
01-23-2009, 07:21 AM
Sloppy Joes on lite wheat toast, big tossed salad with lite blue cheese dressing

valpal23
01-23-2009, 08:12 AM
i had a kidney bean burger wrapped in lettuce and dijon mustard with a big dill pickle on half a whole wheat bagel.
some broccoli and carrots with light sour cream spinach dip and a couple slices of homemade potato fries.

(i made the burgers last weekend for my suppers this week)

lottie63
01-23-2009, 10:41 AM
Last night we had 85/15 burgers and we put them on Arnolds Whole Wheat Sandwhich Thins which are AMAZING (instead of 'buns') they are these flat bun like things, hehe, and they have 6 grams of fiber. I toasted them and they are so tasty! :D

anyone else try them?

cfmama
01-23-2009, 01:47 PM
Last night was lemon orange chicken stirfry over brown rice (which results in a 1.2 sodium gain this morning... lol! Love my soy sauce!)

Tonight is a lean ground turkey spaghetti sauce over yolkless ww egg noodles with roasted brocolli.

LesliesMom
01-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Lottie -

I LOVE the arnolds sandwhich thins. 100 calories for the "bun" and they are delicious. I have been having soup for lunch some of the new Campbells Healthy Harvest and I toast a sandwhich thin and have it with it.

They are so so good.

Angie