Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-19-2009, 03:11 PM   #1  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Back from a "vacation"

I am back from a long absence. In the end of August, I weighed 221 lbs and was on track to keep losing weight. Then grad school happened. I basically became a shut-in, my grad school program is done online, I don't have to leave the house and I DIDN'T. I literally stayed in the house all day, only leaving to pick up my husband. And I was stressed and didn't do the healthy things that I know to do, instead I went across the street and got a bag of chips. It's totally my fault, I knew what I was doing to myself and kept it up. Now I have to live with it. I guess I'm not mad at myself, I'm just sad. Sad I let it happen.

My wakeup call came last week when I flew to Colorado to see my best friend. The seatbelt BARELY snapped into place. I knew I had gained weight (I had popped the buttons on 2 pairs of pants), but I didn't realize how serious it was. When I got home, I vowed to get back on track because in June, we are flying to see my parents and I don't want to have to ask for a seatbelt extender.

We re-joined our gym the other day for a year, the first time in 4 yrs that we've been members. I feel like I am married to the gym now, I don't want to waste the money, so for better or for worse, we are married haha. I hate exercise but I love to lift weights, so that will work out. The only bad thing is that I have to get up at 4:15am to go. Yikes. Thanks for listening to me whine!
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:14 PM   #2  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

I totally understand the "vacation"! I've just come back from one myself... We both need to behave ourselves!
ninepaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/174/145

Height: 5 ft 5

Congrats on getting back on the wagon!!! I think sometimes its the hardest part.
krock614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I work at home running a small business and I have a little boy too. I get major cabin fever so as I'm doing now I'm at a coffee shop working, threw on a blazer and jeans to feel more professional. It's easy being at home all the time to hit the frumps and to eat out of boredom. I regained weight too, and I'm determined that part of it's the isolation. So I'm shaking it up like I used to, getting my boy in daycare more, taking my lap top to the library and coffee shops. Just having others working around me, also on laptops helps me focus and get out of cabin fever mode. Maybe that would help you too? Why do you have to get up so early to exercise, do you have kids?
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:37 PM   #5  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

ninepaw, I am up for trying to behave!

krock, it is hard to get back on the wagon. It's embarrassing because I've been on a diet SO MANY TIMES and now, I don't even bother to tell any of my friends. They'll know when they see me losing weight.

horsey, I have friends that do that (get out of the house by taking their laptop to the coffeeshops) but I can't do it, I am too easily distracted unfortunately. What I can do is take a break during the day to go walking. I didn't do it this past semester because it was so hot outside I couldn't stand it and it made me sleepy. I have to get up so early because because I go to the gym with my hubby and for him to get to work on time, that is what time we have to go. Man, is it hard to get up that early! We get up at 4:15am and have some coffee and then get to the gym by 5. It's nice because nobody is in the gym at that hour. No, I don't have kids. I don't know how people with kids find time to exercise!
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote