Old 01-19-2009, 09:01 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of 1/19/09

Good morning. It was a great weekend here, although a little chilly. I won't complain too much as I know that most of you are having some cold stuff.

DH and I went to a play: "Don't Dress for Dinner"--very funny. I had several rehearsals and then watched a lot of football. So, it's the Steelers and the Cardinals in the Super Bowl. I can't believe it's almost time for that.

I don't want to discuss my food intake--horrible. Went to a brunch and ate too much. I'm going to start again today with being OP.

Lori, Great belly pics. I hope your work situation straightens out. Now that my customers have gone, I have tons of work to do. That is a good thing though.

This weekend I head to Las Vegas for a conference. That should be fun.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:45 AM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

We got about 4-5 inches of snow yesterday morning, and then another 6-7 overnight last night. Its a holiday here at work, but I had to come in anyway to get somet things done. DH has to work today too, so its not too bad. At least I'm not sitting here wishing I could be at home hanging out with him!

Yesterday I made a pork loin, roasted potatoes, and corn for dinner. I also made some No Pudge cappucino brownies and whole wheat banana muffins with walnuts for the week (yummy!)

Lisa - I went to a wedding shower Saturday and ate way too many desserts! Work is still the same, it hasn't really improved
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:05 PM   #3  
run4change

S/C/G: 307.6/184/196

It has been cold here where I live too. Outdoor exercise has been tough to get in.
run4change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:52 PM   #4  

Welcome, Run4change. I am blessed because I live in a warmer climate and can exercise most of the time, except during hurricanes. How long have you been lifetime?
Old 01-19-2009, 08:34 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

It' s cold here--we had a high of 20 today and it's been snowing off and on all day--our season total is 101.9" so far and we're in the running for one of the snowiest winters! At the rate we're going we'll be breaking the record!

The weekend was pretty quiet--had to go to the grocery store and for the most part stayed close to home. Saturday night was pretty nasty weather wise with blowing snow and icy roads. I had today off and did a couple of errands.

Run4Change: I agree--I really like getting outside and walking and with all the snow we've been getting I haven't been able to do that and I miss it. It's the not the same going and walking a track in circles I'd much rather be outside.

Lisa: At least it'll be a little warmer in Las Vegas! I'm counting down the days till we go to San Diego in February--it can't come soon enough with all the snow and cold weather we've been having!

Lori: I hope things at work get better for you--there's nothing worse when you're not happy at work, it makes for long days.

Pam: Are you getting hit with the snow? From what I've seen on the weather reports it was heading your way.
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:40 AM   #6  

I'm on my third day of being OP. I'm really trying hard to watch my intake. DH brought home some pound cake and I told him to get rid of it. He is also complaining about some weight gain! Ha!

It is so cold here this morning--32 degrees. In other parts of Central Florida there was a hard freeze--bad for the fern crop and citrus. It may be colder tonight. DH's truck wouldn't start--dead battery--not sure it's related.

How is everyone else?
Old 01-21-2009, 10:38 AM   #7  

Hi Lisa! It's cold here this morning--only 10 degrees when I came into work. The cold temps there aren't good, I know, for the fruits, etc. It's really hard to stay on track isn't it? It's so easy to fall into old habits.

I haven't done that great and I really need to get back to keeping my journal. I've really fallen off the wagon in that area!

Hi to Lori & Pam! Hope everything is well with the both of you!
Old 01-21-2009, 12:19 PM   #8  

Hi Ladies,

It's cold here too but it looks like it will be back in the 30's tomorrow and Friday. You know it's been cold when 30 sounds good. We had a pretty quiet weekend also. This time of year is pretty blah...holidays are done and its usually too cold to go out and do anything. This weekend is DH's birthday so we are going out with my sister and her husband and a couple of our friends. It's good to have something fun to look forward too.
Work has been hectic. I lost my assistant in our round of layoffs 2 weeks ago so I'm still trying to recover from that. Yikes I just read what I wrote...what a downer I am...sorry.

Melissa yes I'm back to journaling also. I'm not sure why I ever stopped
since I seem to have the most success maintaining when I journal.

Lisa my car wouldn't start last Friday but the temp was -10 that morning so I wasn't too surprised. Called AAA to get a jump start and I was fine. Hope the temps don't go that low again this winter.

Lori DH and I love the No Pudge brownies. They make a nice dessert with few WW points. Sorry your still having work issues....I can relate.

Runforchange I enjoyed reading your blog. What a success story!

Well time to have some lunch and get back to work. Hope you're all having a great Wednesday. Talk to you later.
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:42 PM   #9  
run4change

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I have been lifetime since Dec. 2007. It has been an amazing ride and losing my weight has changed my life. I go to meetigs on a weekly basis still to weigh-in, get in some good fellowship with my weight loss lady friends, and learn how to keep on keeping on. Had a bit of a crazy weekend. Worked 7 days last week and on sunday ate a bunch of pizza, a bag of chips, and a mother load of chocolate/yogurt covered almonds. Needless to say, I was up .4 at my weigh in last night. I didn't like it, but it is not to bad and I am back on track now. Thanks guys, I appreciate all the encouragement that you have shown. Keep up your good work.

Oh yes, I have been very embarrased to ask this questions but here it goes. I am very new to forums, blogs, etc. What does DH mean. I am presuming it has something to do with a significant other but not positive. HAHA anyway.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:19 PM   #10  

DH stands for darling husband.

Speaking of WW, losing weight changed my life, too. (for the better).
Old 01-21-2009, 02:56 PM   #11  
run4change

For the better for sure. Thanks for the insider info. I thought it meant that but was not wanting to assume. HAHA THanks
Old 01-21-2009, 07:36 PM   #12  

Pam: It's pretty sad isn't it when we think the 30's are warm! I'm not complaining mind you. We're on track for setting a record for the snowiest winter. So far we've had 111" of snow and we still have a lot of winter left. I need to get back to writing things down--it gives me a better picture of what I'm lacking.

Run4change: Congratulations on maintaining your weight loss since 2007! It definitely doesn't stop when we reach our goal weight--it is a daily and sometimes an hourly struggle. I know when I'm tired or don't have a plan on what I'm going to eat I make bad choices and eat whatever. I need to make sure I have some sort of protein with each of my meals and I do okay. I've also found that if there's something that I have a taste/craving for I'm much better off to get it and satisfy the craving because in the long run I'll eat way more trying to fill that need. I love my meetings--I've met a lot of new friends and we have a core group of us who check in with each other. I'm always learning something new and I enjoy being able to help new members as well. I've enjoyed my WW journey and in 2001 began working as a receptionist which also helps me stay on track.

I went to my meeting today and was down another pound. I've made it past the 140's which surprised me. I know my thyroid is really whacked out because I haven't really had to work to lose this weight and it's a little scary. The doctor is sending me for a thyroid sonogram to see if maybe a cyst is causing my levels to go haywire. *sigh* It's always something!

We have a busy weekend--DS #2 is in a play (Romeo & Juliet) and we're going to the show on Friday evening. Saturday night we have a "Mug Club" party at a local microbrewery. That should be fun. Sunday I'm working at WW in morning and hopefully getting caught up with stuff at home in the afternoon.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:06 AM   #13  
run4change

I would love to work for WW but my job takes a lot of hours.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:13 AM   #14  

Melissa, Another pound! Congratulations. I hope you don't have a cyst--you're right, it's always something. Is you DS Romeo? How neat!

run4change, What kind of work do you do?

I'm headed to Las Vegas on Friday and will return on Sunday. I have a professional group meeting there. I'm staying at the Luxor and I heard that it is a very nice hotel. It should be fun. The temps there are about like here--high of 60 and low of 40. Not too bad. I do need to finish packing.

I'm on my 4th OP day and I'm glad about that. Of course, I'm headed to Vegas and there will be lots of temptations there, food-wise. Wish me luck.

Hello to Pam and Lori.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:09 AM   #15  

Lisa: I'm back down in my "comfort zone" area where I haven't been in 3 years...it's a little scary too because I worry that once these hormones get stabilized that I'll gain again and I'm hoping that's not the case. My DS is Peter...not a lead role but he's enjoying the experience. I could see him getting involved here at the university as well when he starts next year.

Run4change: I'm lucky because I work a 8-4:30 job and my WW time is just a couple of meetings a week.

I have a busy weekend ahead of me. I did call the doctor's office and they called in another prescription for me and hopefully it'll do its job.

Hi Lori & Pam! Hope you're both doing well.