100 lb. Club - Accountability/Menu/Planning 19 - 25 January

nicolen
01-19-2009, 12:51 AM
ey everyone!

Would you like a place to put your daily menu? Is planning helpful to you. Is accountability helpful? Or...maybe just a bit of extra support. If any or all of these sound like they'd fit your plan...please DO join us!

nicolen
01-19-2009, 01:07 AM
Hi lovelies!

Gosh, another week already. Is it just me or is this year already flying by? It doesn't feel like we're more than halfway through January - surely it should only be around the 10th or so...

Another mad Monday has bit the dust. It's funny - yesterday I watched a fairly spectacular storm hit the city - thunder, lightning, the whole shebang. The part of town that I live in wasn't really affected. Walking in to work this morning and there's mud and all kinds of debris on the street. Apparently the storm caused fairly massive surface flooding through that side of town. Watching the news tonight, the water was around knee deep. The boss looked at me in utter disbelief when I said that there was a bit of rain but nothing major - he lives on that side of town and apparently it was a rough day. Isn't it amazing what difference 7kms makes?

I made it to the gym again today. Didn't have as good a workout today as yesterday - why can't I manage to put together 2 good workouts in a row? Such is life, I suppose. I'm feeling quite tired, so I'm thinking an early night sounds like a good idea. I'll see.

Beverley, hope you had a lovely dinner with your Mum. Still loving the "I will" statements. I might have to try something similar.

MJ, sounds like an awesome way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

Julie, yay for finally feeling better! I was beginning to wonder if you should go to your doctor, since you'd been ill for so many days.

Anyway, todays menu was

B - english muffin, vegemite, cheese slice

S - boiled egg

S - yoghurt

L - chicken salad roll, apricot

D - chicken, cauliflower, broccoli, rice.

I'm still a bit peckish, so I might break out the yoghurt and the berries for dessert.

Have fun, everyone! :hug:

cfmama
01-19-2009, 01:38 AM
nicolen- I'm glad that storm didn't hit you guys!!! Scary stuff!

My plan for tomorrow... Day 114 TOTALLY ON PLAN and day 4 of Calorie cycling

B- sprouted grain toast, 1 T pb and banana
s- yogurt and applesauce cup
L- 1/2 cup fajita chicken, 1 ww tortilla, 2 T pepper and lime hummus and 1 cup lettuce
s- 2 sour dough wasa with 2 Laughing cow wedges and kiwi
D- 6 oz of salmon, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 cup roasted green beans
s- all source fruit bar and 2 puffed rice cakes

Have a great on plan day my friends!

DollyR
01-19-2009, 03:01 AM
I love this thread. I plan on eating the following tomorrow (Tuesday).

B- kashi Go Crunch cereal w/ banana and 1 cup of 2% milk
S- 100 calorie bag of popcorn
L- Tuna with 6 triscuits and an apple and a yogurt
D- Chicken with 1 cup of brown rice and veggie
S- 40 calorie chocolate pop

I am going to do my best to stay on plan and continue to post here. Also I am going to break down and join the health club on the base at the hotel. I was going to go to the free gym but I keep hearing how dirty it can be.

I figure I have been to the hotel one before and I will know what to expect.

Beverlyjoy
01-19-2009, 05:45 AM
Hi chicks - yesterday I had a good on plan day :) - I am so grateful. I think it's been helping me to make myself sit down at the kitchen table every time I want to put food in my mouth. I have been trying to be more mindful of what I am eating. Recently, I had been eating so, so fast and watching TV, in the car, etc - that I never took the time to taste my food. It nice to actually be tasting the food.

Breakfast - oatmeal, almond butter, cinn., 1/2 banana, milk
lunch - egg white scramble, corn bread, green beans
snack - tangerines
dinner - 12 grain pancake, boca bacon, sf syrup, applesauce
snack - cheese toast

I will eat delicious healthy foods.
I will take the time to really taste my food.
I will eat when I feel some form of hunger. - trying to avoid emotional hunger.
I will eat at the kitchen table and taste my food.
I will drink lots of water.
I will leave something on my plate.
I will move, stretch, and strengthen my body.
I will visualize myself the way I want to look.
I will try to do the best I can

Nicolen - thanks for getting us started!! I am so, so glad you weren't affected badly by the storm. :) GREAT job getting to the gym. Carry on, friend.

CFmama - good luck with the calorie cycling. Great plan! :)

Weclome Dolly! I am so glad to hear that you have gym options near you to check out. That's wonderful. So glad you posted.

MJ - I hope your quiet day was great. Did you cuddle those doggies? ;)

Shout out to Schmoodle, Rhonda, seashell, randi, redflame, seashell and anyone else that stops by.

S.A.S.H
01-19-2009, 08:07 AM
HI ladies!!! I have missed you all. I have been so busy the last few days. DS started karate and I started volunteering with our local humane society. I kept thinking..I gotta check in, I gotta check in. :lol: I havent done my 30 DS the last 3 days, (had family in the house and I don't wanna be watched) but I have been walking...and.. running on my lunch break @ work.!!! :eek: Yes..me, running. I never would have thought it! Every day I run more and more, alternating it with walking. I'm so proud. :D

Nicole - Im sorry you are feeling so tired. Get some rest if you can.

Cf mama - I finally gave in and bought some LC wedges. I had always put them off because I only like very mild swiss cheese. WOW are they good! I LOVE the french onion spread on some simply naked pita chips. :hungry:

Welcome Darlene - :wave: I hope you get the gym worked out.

BevJoy - Nice "I" statements. I agree with you about eating at the table. It's so easy to get caught up in mindless eating when you are driving, sitting at the computer, watching tv, etc.. and worse, it can become a nasty habit to break.

Hope everyone has a good OP day!

:wave: Hi to Schmoodle, Rhonda, seashell, MJ, redflame, seashell and everyone else not here yet.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-19-2009, 08:53 AM
Good morning, Friends and Happy MLK Day!

Today is OP day #19 for me and my official weigh-in day. I'm very happy to report that I've lost for the 3rd week in a row. Food planning is going well and it's time to focus on the exercise. I'm looking forward to seeing the stomach "deflate" and the rumpkus get a lighter higher off the floor!:D

Beverly - so glad that you've found your way back to the basics.
Randi - I love that you're running! One of my goals is to be able to run again.

I'm working a little today. It's technically a holiday for us, but I'm going to seize the quiet time and use it to get ahead.

Have a great on-plan day!

seashell
01-19-2009, 09:03 AM
B - Bacon and eggs
L - Chicken Salad, jello cup
S - Cheese and peperoni
D - Pot Roast and broccoli, jello cup
S - cheese and peperoni

Water - 64 oz
Exercise - 1/2 hour dancing cause it's too cold to go outside to walk!!!

mj5
01-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Good Morning! I am home today, I woke up w/ a horrible migraine. Ugh, I hate it when that happens. I must have looked pretty pathetic because dh was going to stay home with me. I insisted that go to work--no sense in watching me sleep! I feel mostly better, it's not totally gone, but almost. I am going to take a shower soon and hopefully that will help too.

nicolen--I know what you mean...there is a small town I drive through on my way to work, it's kind of its own "weather warp". Yea, it was nice to be lazy for a day!

cfmama--Fantastic!!!

DollyR--Good for you for getting to the health club!

Beverlyjoy--Great job!!! Yes, I certainly did! They loved every second of it too!!

Randi--Good for you for walking and running!

Rhonda--CONGRATS on OP day #19 and another loss!!!

seashell--I'm w/ you...too cold to walk outside!

So, it's another day of snuggling w/ the dogs today...they are going to get used to having me home!

I am going to try to do a dvd today, depends on how my head feels.

I didn't weigh in today...I'll have to do that tomorrow.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Redflame
01-19-2009, 03:18 PM
Hello Girls

MJ--hope your headache eases off soon, how sweet that DH thought he should stay home and sweetie sit.
Seashell--great job at the indoor dancing, I will be glad with this winter weather is over!
Rhonda--great job on three weeks in a row of shrinking!
Justwannabe--how cool of you to volunteer at the humane society, wonderful of you to make a difference
Beverly--excellent idea of sitting down at the table!
Darlene--have fun at the health club, too bad the free one is not taken care of properly
cfmamma-- love calorie cycling, it really helps me since I have SO messed up my metabolism
Nicolen--Great job on the workouts, but make sure you are getting enough rest too, tired is not a good state to me in! How is your protien intake?

Hope I did not miss anyone so far....

Today
B coffee
S carrots and 2 ounces turkey
L coffee
D BBQ chicken, brown rice with garlic, spinach, garlic, olive oil, carrots and garlic ;)
S grapefruit

Not a great plan today, Monday apparently caught me off guard and I was not prepared for work---YES, I am at the office today----on a holiday! Poowee!

cfmama
01-19-2009, 09:51 PM
Beverlyjoy- I find that taking the time to taste my food really does help!!! Good job :)
Justwannabeme- I LOVE animals and I love the fact that you are doing something awesome for them :)
GirlygirlSebas- 19 DAYS ON PLAN! YOU ROCK!!!!
Seashell- you just gave me a pepperoni craving ;) lol!
mj5- I'm glad your headache is gone... what kind of dogs do you have?
Redflame- I'm glad to hear that calorie cycling helped you! I need to bump my sluggish metabolism up. Day 4 of it today!

Well tomorrow is day 115 on plan and day 5 of calorie cycling

B- optimum slim cereal, 1/2 cup skim milk, banana
s- yogurt and applesauce cup
L- 1 cup chicken breast, 1 large ww tortilla, 2 T pepper/lime hummus, 1 cup lettuce
s- 2 wasa and 2 LC wedges, kiwi
D- sloppy joes, 1/2 cup ground lean chicken, 3 T tomato paste, 1 ww english muffin, 1 oz part skim mozza, 1 cup roasted cauliflower, 1 T EVOO
s- fruit source bar, 1 cup skim milk

1990 calories

Tomorrow's a busy daycare day. 4 littles under the age of THREE!!! Two are only part day and one is early in the day and one is late in the day so it's all good. Got my cardio video AND yoga done today AS WELL as walking to and from the school. AND I didn't sit for more than 5 minutes the entire day. I'm glad that it's only 40 minutes till the littles bed time and TV for me!!!

nicolen
01-19-2009, 11:36 PM
Hey everyone,

It was another good day - good workout, and the scales are down 3 lbs! :carrot: My weight's been all over the place since I came back - up as high as 257 and down to 245 - so it's nice that I've got the same number 2 days in a row. I know eating wise I've been fine and I'm certainly getting exercise, so eventually the scales were going to catch up, but it's been a little frustrating waiting.

And then there was work. The boss treated us to morning tea today and yeah. Not a lot of it was healthy food. I limited myself to a ham and egg sandwich and a piece of fudge cake. Could have been better, but it could have been a heck of a lot worse. The reality is, I'm not going to stick completely to plan 100% of the time, so I guess a lot of it is about making the best possible choices I can...

Tammy, 4 under 3! You're going to be a very busy mama tomorrow!

Dolly, fantastic to see you here! Hope the gym goes well for you!

Beverley, I know what you mean about tasting the food! Isn't it incredible how fantastic some food tastes when they're not hidden under all kinds of other flavours?

Randi, go you with the running! That's fantastic!

Rhonda, hope you didn't have to do too much work today and had a chance to enjoy at least a part of your holiday.

Seashell, hope things warm up for you soon!

MJ, migranes are no fun at all. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Redflame, at least you made healthy choices! That's something!

Hi to everyone else!

OK, I'm going to go and organise dinner - it's adventures with tofu tonight. I've never cooked with tofu before, although I've ordered it at restaurants, so this could be ... interesting...

Take care all :hug:

Beverlyjoy
01-20-2009, 05:22 AM
Hi chicks - I had another good day on plan - I am grateful. I stayed with my 'list of I wills'. Most important is that I am only eating at the kitchen table with no distractions. This is so hard for me - but, it is making me mindful of what I am actually eating. Tasting the food is nice.

I woke up with some lower back pain - so, I will do gentle stretches, lots of ice and heat.

breakfast - turkey sausage, kashi waffle with pnb
lunch - taco salad
snack - tangerine
dinner - spaghetti squash with parm. cheese, garlic and evoo, garlic bread, grilled chicken
snack - toast and sf cocoa

I will eat at the kitchen table and taste my food.
I will try to do the best I can and accept my day and myself in a positive light.

I'll be back later for personals. - have a GREAT day.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-20-2009, 07:49 AM
Good morning, Friends.

The long weekend was wonderful, but going back to work is tough! We had snow flurries last night. The girls were anxiously watching through the windows to see if it would stick and they'd get a snow day. I guess they forgot that we live in Georgia.:lol:

MJ - How's your head today? Do you get the morning after soreness? I've had migraines since puberty, but they have reduced from 1 every 2-3 weeks, to 1 every 2-3 months since my hysterectomy. That is my silver lining.:D
Nicolen - tofu is so versatile. What are you using it in? I like it in a stir fry or in a curry sauce.
Beverly - so glad the "kitchen table" rule is working!

My scales have stopped rewarding me with daily or every-other-day losses. This can be somewhat discouraging and this is usually the time when I veer off-plan. I start to think that something is wrong with my body and I can't lose like everyone else. But, this time, I'm determined to push through. I need to start counting calories again and make sure I get on the treadmill each day.

Have a great on-plan day.

S.A.S.H
01-20-2009, 08:56 AM
Just a quick fly by ya'll. DS is sick and we are heading out to the docs. Scale didn't move for me, but TOM is starting so hopefully I'll get a woosh next week. I REALLY want to make my vday goal.

Mj - hope you feel better

Hope everyone has a great OP day. I'll try and catch back up later. :hug:

Redflame
01-20-2009, 12:31 PM
Well dinner made a quick change from BBQ chicken and brown rice to chicken catchatori (sp?) and pasta. My 12 year old made it and it was great. I knew not to have the skin, but I was shocked to actually see the numbers 68 calories for my chicken thigh, but 170 if I had it with the skin--and NOT fried! WOW.
She browned up the thighs, added onion and tons of garlic, canned whole tomatoes and crushed toms and lots of italian seasoning and more garlic. It was really good! We had it over pasta with some spinach are more garlic tossed into it. She did really well.
BUT, I woke up like a puffer fish! I weighed 2 pounds more when I got up than after dinner! Whats up with that?

Today,
B coffee
S carrots
L turkey and crackers
D turkey burger and salad

WATER

nicolen
01-21-2009, 01:04 AM
Hi guys!

Ok, for the first time I can say I haven't had a great day. But I've stuck to plan. It's payday today, so I went to get some cash out from the cashpoint machine and my card wouldn't work. I've been meaning to do something about it - it went through the washing machine a few months ago - but haven't done anything. So, thankfully I had enough credit on my bus card to get to work and then I had to sort out lunch, which I ended up getting from the cafe at work and putting on my credit card. And after work I had to make a dash down to the bank to get some cash so I could get home... Fun, fun, fun, I tell you!

Anyway, the replacement card has been ordered and will be here hopefully by Friday thankfully. A wee bit of added stress - a friend has gone into hospital for an operation tomorrow. She's been waiting for this for a while and it's going to improve her quality of life so much, but yeah. It's going to take her some time to recover, so any happy thoughts and healing vibes would be appreciated!

Tomorrow is going to be a fantastic day!

Beverley, hope your back's feeling better. Back pain is not a lot of fun!

Rhonda, I ended up turning it into a stirfry. I really enjoyed it, so will have to keep experimenting... Keep pushing on - you'll get there!

Randi, hope your son's feeling better!

Redflame, that recipe sounds fantastic. I think I'll have to try it one day.

MJ, Schmoodle, Tammy, Mug and everyone else - hi there!

The menu for the day was:

B - English muffin, vegemite

S - 4 dried apricots, 8 almonds

L - chicken teriyaki, rice, vegies

D - subway

S - probably yoghurt and fruit.

Have an awesome day, everyone!

Beverlyjoy
01-21-2009, 07:03 AM
Hi chicks - I had an on plan day yesterday :) - I am so grateful. I especially took the time to taste my food and tried to feel it in my stomach so, I have an idea when I am full. I am trying to eat slowly & taste my food. They say you'll feel 'fullness' in twenty minutes. Well, I got to one meal taking about 14 minutes. I could feel the food in my tummy, but didn't feel 'full'. Ya know, I think that is 'broken' on me. :dizzy: I never really feel full - but, I am working on it.

My back feels a bit better today. I am grateful for that too.

It has been helpful for me to right out these goals every day. Makes it seem real and reinforces them to me.

I will eat with no outside distractions (tv, radio, book, computer) and taste my food.
I will meditate.
I will move my body.
I will try to do the best I can and accept my day and myself in a positive light.

breakfast - corn bread, egg white scramble with ketchup, applesauce
lunch - soup, celery, ak mak crackers
snack - tangerine
dinner - grilled cheese, tomato soup, green beans
snack - pnb and honey toast

Nicolen - sorry you haven't had such a good day. It's the pits when credit cards don't work.:dizzy: I am glad your replacemrny is coming soon. I am sending good thoughts to your friend.

Redflame - love your picture!:D It's nice that your 12 year old wants to cook. Unless you ate an extra 5000 calories that two pounds is water weight or poop (excuse me - hope it wasn't tmi). I don't weight every day - but, folks who do say that they fluctuate up and down often - any only take a certain day of the week as their 'official' weigh in.

Rhonda - did the snow stick at all. Sorry the scale isn't moving down as often as you'd like. Hang in there. :)

Hi Justwanna - hope your daughter's feeling better. :(

Mj - it's so unusual for you not to post. I hope you're feeling better, friend.:hug:

Have a GREAT day folks.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-21-2009, 07:41 AM
Good morning Friends,

Today is OP day #21 and I'm holding steady with the food. The scales are still stuck. I really need to get on the treadmill again today and everday. My body is a bit older these days. I must exercise a ton to lose a pound!:dizzy:

Randi - I hope you son if feeling better today.
Redflame - Look at you! You're so cute. Regarding the 2 pounds, did you daughter use canned tomatoes? Probably big sodium there.
Nicolene - I'm thinking of your friend today. Hope her surgery goes smoothly.
Beverly - My full button is definitely broken. The only thing I trust completely is my plan.

Schmoodle
01-21-2009, 08:42 AM
Hello friends! Once again, I'm sorry I haven't been posting daily. I've had a really hard time getting back in the habit. Bit it was so helpful to me when I was doing it, so I will keep trying until I get it right again. Food is sketchy. I have my on days and off days. I think I may have dropped a little of the Christmas gain, but I just started TOM, so hard to tell yet. I have had a stressful week. DH started a new job (which is GOOD stress), the kids are off school until tomorrow, work is still very busy and stressful, and my friend who has been ill since before Christmas got some devastating news - there is a tumor in her kidney with possible involvement of other organs. I spent a long time on the phone with her last night and she is in a very dark place. She will have surgery, hopefully in the next week, and they will be able to determine the extent and best treatment plan. So my focus right now is not on my plan but on being the best friend I can, the best employee I can (my contract is up for renewal at the beginning of February), and on showing my family as much love as I can. However I know it's still important to take care of me, so...
I am going to take it one day at a time and make today a totally on-plan day.
Here is my plan for the day:
B: turkey meatloaf, tomato soup
S: refried bean soup
L: spaghetti squash deep dish mexican pie
S: latte, cheese stick
D: chicken alfredo (no noodles, lowfat sauce) over broccoli
S: McCain's diet fudge soda, yogurt with almonds

Rhonda, I really hate that exercise has to be a part of this, but I am in the same boat. You are doing great, chick, and your results will come in time. How is the family plan going?
BJ, I think that must be broken for all of us. It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks (I am referring to ME), but I am trying too.
nicolen, I am sending healing vibes to your friend. Can you imaging what would happen to us if the whole electronic banking system crashed? I try to keep some cash on hand just in case.
Hi redflame! Your DD's recipe sounds great. How awesome to have a kid that can cook! I could never let my DD near the kitchen because she burns everything. My younger two do much better, but DS has no interest in it. You must have eaten something salty without knowing it. Don't worry, water weight is temporary.
Hope DS is well soon, JustWannaBe. Have a great day!
Good luck with all those babies, cfmama!
mj, hope your head is better. Headaches stink.
Hello seashell and Dolly R! Nice to "meet" you.

mj5
01-21-2009, 09:17 AM
Hi everyone! So sorry, didn't mean to worry anyone by not posting yesterday! We never even turned on the computer yesterday!!! Too busy watching all the pres. coverage. (Dh and I both had the day off).

I took one of the dogs to the vet for her shots and check up. Poor little thing has a bad tooth and has to have it pulled in a couple weeks.

I'll catch up w/ everyone later.

I was NOT OP Monday or Tuesday, so I start counting over today. Today WILL be OP day #1!!!! I didn't do terrible w/ food, but didn't get enough water and didn't exercise.

I do have my next reward ready and waiting, though...it's a philosophy green apple lip gloss. It smells just like a green apple jolly rancher. YUM!!!! I keep it w/ me so I can smell it!

Numina
01-21-2009, 11:34 AM
Still a little weak in the planning department (but I am getting a lot of wonderful ideas from all of you! thanks!)

B: oatmeal, 1/4 cup milk, yogurt, V8
S: 1/2 grapefruit
L: green salad with 1 slice whole wheat toast
S: um......
D: also um...... probably something with chicken, however

BeverlyJoy --- I think your idea to reconnect with feeling satiety is very good one. I donít hear my body telling me itís had enough either. Smart lady!

GirlyGirl --- That next pound is losing its grip, I can see it starting to slip off --- WOW! There it went. :)

Schmoodle --- Hugs to your friend and kudos to you for being there when she needs you. Your menu looks great!

Mj5 --- The lip gloss is a great idea! I will have to add that to my possible rewards list. You know you are going to kick butt today, right?

Everyone have a great day!
:flow1:

lottie63
01-21-2009, 01:16 PM
I"m calorie cycling this week (at 1400 cals average) and today is a 1600 calorie day! So I am EATING OUT. wheeee! I'm having a plain black bean burrito with no cheese, nothing. and I dip it in wing sauce and sour cream. this is STILL a ton of calories because black beans are pretty high calorie but so good for you, but since it's a higher calorie day I can totally fit it in. Yay. :)

That and I"ve been eating that weight control (6 grams of fiber) oatmeal (banana bread, the best!) anyone else eat that stuff? It's so good! :D I just can't handle plain old oats. :(

lottie63
01-21-2009, 01:19 PM
Well dinner made a quick change from BBQ chicken and brown rice to chicken catchatori (sp?) and pasta. My 12 year old made it and it was great. I knew not to have the skin, but I was shocked to actually see the numbers 68 calories for my chicken thigh, but 170 if I had it with the skin--and NOT fried! WOW.
She browned up the thighs, added onion and tons of garlic, canned whole tomatoes and crushed toms and lots of italian seasoning and more garlic. It was really good! We had it over pasta with some spinach are more garlic tossed into it. She did really well.
BUT, I woke up like a puffer fish! I weighed 2 pounds more when I got up than after dinner! Whats up with that?

it sounds like there was a lot of salt in those seasonings? Maybe it's water weight.

Redflame
01-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Hmmm? Was half way through a post, stopped to go up to the lobby to answer some payroll questions, came back and my message box was not up anymore, and I lost my post I had written WAAAA!

OK, so real quick now
b--tea
S--16 wheat thins
L turkey, sun chips (counted out) carrots
D wheat pilaf curry, chicken, cottage cheese

My son also cooks, in fact he is now the official turkey roaster, he makes a great turkey with orange and garlic. He made my dinner last night. We had a box of wheat pilaf (made from bulgar wheat) it had seasonings already with it, and those little dreeze dried veggies. But I had him add 1 TBL of curry, 1 tsp red pepper, 1 tsp cumin, 2 tsp garlic. MAN it was good, pretty spicey! but good. We added chicken to it. I had it last night and will have it tonight too.

mj5
01-21-2009, 03:27 PM
Can I just say I cannot stand work drama (or any drama for that matter!!!) Ugh!!!!! Like I don't have enough to do managing a residential program, but to try to diffuse the drama too?!

I am going to treat myself to a coffee (it's ok, I've planned for it!) to take to my late meeting, then to the gym, then HOME finally!!!!!!

I'll try to get caught up w/ everyone tonight, if not I WILL tomorrow.

mj5
01-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Hi again! I just finished our grocery list and I need to start dinner, but wanted to pop in here first.

Redflame--"sweetie sit" that's cute! If I hadn't had a migraine, I would have been at work Monday too...if that makes you feel any better!

cfmama--Wow, now that sounds like a busy day! We have two beagles, actually two SUPER spoiled beagles--my fault, of course! They are great, though!

nicolen--Congrats on the loss! Glad you were able to take care of your bank card...I am LOST w/ out mine, so I can relate! I don't carry a lot of cash (more tempted to spend and buy junk I don't need!). Sending your friend lots of happy thoughts and healing vibes!

Beverlyjoy--Great job! Keep it up!

Rhonda--Stick w/ it, push through!!! Did you get on the treadmill? I had the day after 'hangover' effect..no fun either, but better than the migraine! Luckily I don't get them like that very often.

Randi--Hope ds is feeling better!

Schmoodle--WOW, you certainly do have a lot going on. Post when you can...we are here for you! Sending your friend lots of ++++ thoughts and prayers!

Numina--Welcome! Thanks! I did ok today, kick butt...not so much, but there is always tomorrow!

lottie63--Welcome!

Today was an ok day. It was an OP day (YIPPEE!), although food choices could have been better.

My knee is acting up again (still), so I called the ortho again. Still no word on the approval for that surgery, but I am going in to see him next Fri, hopefully for another injection that *should* hold me over until the surgery approval.

Ok, I need to make dinner and get ready to watch American Idol!

nicolen
01-22-2009, 12:13 AM
Hey lovely ladies!

Much much better day today. I made it to the gym, had a good workout and have been 100% on plan for the day. Go me!

Tomorrow's going to be more of a challenge, because I'm going out for drinks and nibbles with a couple of the girls from work. I've decided that I'm not going to get a wine and stick with the diet coke and water. Nibbles, well, that could be a bit more challenging, but we're going to the same place I went to last week and there are some good choices on the menu there, so I should be OK.

Beverley, I'm pleased your back's feeling better today. You're going so well at the moment!

Rhonda, one day very soon you're going to get on those scales and you'll have one heck of a loss!

Schmoodle, sending positive thoughts for your friend. I can completely understand why your focus is on other things at the moment. Just do what you can for now!

Numina, how are you doing?

Lottie, welcome! I'm looking forward to getting to know you. Hope you enjoyed the dinner out!

Redflame, sounds like you've got fantastic kids! Both of them cook - awesome stuff with that. They're going to be so grateful once they leave home and have to fend for themselves. Oh the stories I could tell about some of the people I flatted with over the years...

MJ, work dramas are nasty - you just get over them so fast. I'm pleased to see you're feeling better.

Todays menu:

B - English muffin, vegemite, cheese slice

S - Laughing cow cheese and celery

L - ham and salad roll, blueberries

S - yoghurt

D - chicken and salad.

Have fun everyone!

Beverlyjoy
01-22-2009, 07:02 AM
Hi chicks - yesterday was an on plan day. (five days - yay) :)
I am grateful. I actually took 23 minutes to eat my dinner. DH said it was the first time in our marriage (31 years) that he can actually remember me finishing after him. :dizzy:

breakfast - kashi waffle with pnb, boca bacon, applesauce

lunch - turkey and cheese sandwich open face, celery, cold beets with lite sour cream

snack - tangerine & cheese

dinner - tomato soup, grilled cheese, green beans

snack - pnb toast with honey

Plus -

meditation
eating with no distractions
putting my fork down between bites
lots of water
stretches
visualizing myself thinner

Nicolen - I am so glad you had an OP day!!:) I am so glad there will be healthy choices on the menu. You CAN do this.

MJ - sorry work is giving you fits and challenges.:( Take care of that knee - ice/heat/rest - whatever it needs to calm down. :hug:

Redflame - sorry you lost your post. That has happened to me too. If I leave it for some reason while I am typing, I always right click and copy it, just to make sure I still have it. :)

Hi Lottie - Welcome - good to have a plan when going out. Hope you had fun.

Numina - Welcome - yes, it helps many people to have a plan. Glad you posted.

Schmoodle - so good to see you.:D I hope your friend is doing well. Glad you'll take care of YOU, too. Hang in there, friend.:hug:

Rhonda - 21 days on plan is SO awesome. You rock! :carrot:

Have a GREAT day, everyone.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-22-2009, 07:38 AM
Good morning Friends,

Just a quick visit from me this morning. I have more than 8 hours of work on my plate for today.(better than having cheesecake on my plate!;))

I'm on-plan and the scales smiled just a tad for me this morning. :)

Schmoodle - so sorry to hear the latest news about your friend. I will keep her in my thoughts.
MJ - I hope you hear something soon about your surgery and find some relief.

Schmoodle
01-22-2009, 08:32 AM
Hey ladies, I was totally on-plan yesterday. Maybe this is the start of a new trend! Here's today:
B: meatloaf on 1 slice toast with mustard and baby spinach, coffee with milk
S: cheese stick
L: refried bean soup, salmon cake, marinated cauliflower
S: skim latte, half a grapefruit
D: the alfredo I had planned for last night. Never got around to making it, had leftovers instead. Warm spinach salad too.
S: yogurt with almonds

Rhonda and BJ I am so proud of you both for getting back on track. Gives hope to the rest of us!
nicolen, have fun with the girls tonight.
Hi mj, I've missed you. Sorry the knee is bothering again. Hope you can get that surgery soon.
redflame, I hate it when that happens. It's always when I've typed a huge, long post too.
lottie, I love that oatmeal, but sadly it is not allowed on my plan.
numina, you will find that the planning really helps, I'll bet. If I wait until I'm hungry to decide what to eat, that is sure-fire trouble.

Well for me, the kids are back in school. Hope to get a lot of work done, some errands to run at lunch, and DD has dance class tonight. I'm considering going to see Twilight tonight with my SIL and nieces, but not sure I can fit it in.

mj5
01-22-2009, 09:05 AM
Good Morning! I hope the ortho can help next week...sometimes just seeing him (and getting the injection of course!), helps--if that makes any sense!

nicolen--Congrats on a foog workout and OP day!!!! Have fun after work!

Beverlyjoy--five days OP! That's awesome! Keep up the good work!

Rhonda--Yippee for the scale smiling again this am!

Schmoodle--Great job for an OP day!

Hopefully the work drama is going to get better, but we'll see...I am just going to squash it where I can and not get involved in the rest.

Ok, I have to keep working on finding the top of my desk, I STILL haven't found time to clean my office! I have to make time for that because I will be moving to a different office in about a month and I certainly don't want to take all of the junk I have accumulated in this one!

seashell
01-22-2009, 09:22 AM
B - bacon and eggs
l - chicken salad, jello
s - cheese stick
D - pork chops and broccoli

30 minutes of dancing

lottie63
01-22-2009, 10:50 AM
well, I have some irl diet buddies and we all track using the daily plate. there are about 3 or 4 of us. Anyhow, last year we tried this thing where each week we would go to one of our houses so we could share healthy eating ideas and recipes and then the next week we would eat out somewhere so we could practice making healthy eating choices out. So this is finally starting up again.

One of my friends who I believe lurks here is coming over for dinner, maybe her bf too I'm not sure (he is on TDP as well), the other girl had roller derby practice unfortunately for us. But I'm not sure yet what I'm going to make. I"ll post it later but I just wanted to give this idea to anyone who has irl diet buddies, it's very nice to get together and have that irl support. :)

MugCanDoIt
01-22-2009, 11:35 AM
B: 1/2 grapefruit & 20 almonds
S: 1/2 gra[efruit
L: 1 1/2 cup taco soup
S:?
D: I dont know, must stare in kitchen cabinets for ideas....I hate when I have to do that!!

Redflame
01-22-2009, 01:03 PM
Hey girls,

Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL Thursday---or had by the time they read this.

I am struggling---not plan wise, but emotionally. DH called last night (he works out of town during the week) and told me he has lost 21 pounds so far. He has only been on plan for 2 weeks, Me---well I have been on plan 3 1/2 weeks and only lost 8 pounds. I know, I know, men suck-----oh I mean men lose faster than women, but STILL. I need to quit focusing on that number, but it also motivates me.........ARRRHHHHGGGG!

I too am dealing with a knee problem, and trying to figure out how I can have surgery this spring......I have a $2500 deductable on my insurance, and I am paid base plus commision, and our commision has been ZILCH since November.

So I am trying to get my mind set back on track. Which would include getting my arse in gear on packing food for the office. Reduced fat wheat thins and turkey lunch meat are not the best choices when I have having such a fluctuation on water weight.

B; coffee
S; one serving sun chips (see what I mean!)
L; dunno yet
D;scrambled eggs and toast, 9pm dinner--ouch Kids have band practice and then youth group tonight

You girls are doing such a great job, dont forget to give yourself a pat on the back----repetitive pats, with speed, could count as areobics!

Numina
01-22-2009, 01:57 PM
BeverlyJoy --- your new approach to food is fascinating. I can almost hear you decompress from here. Hope you are enjoying every bite. (We have the opposite problem here --- my family is always the last to finish a meal because we eat so slowÖ and if you go to my momís house, just prepare yourself to sit at the table the whole day!) Thanks for the welcome!

GirlyGirlSebas --- youíre on plan and in command! Congrats on getting some satisfaction from your scale. Your hard work is paying off!

Schmoodle --- Thanks for the advice about planning what to eat ahead. You are so right about making really bad decisions when I make them hungry. Oy! And that new trend looks very nice on you, by the way --- very spring and Paris and chic!

MJ5 --- Not sure what you are seeing the doctor about, but I hope he/she fixes you up right quick. Gosh! With an injection and all the hysteria at the office, you can have TWO big pains in the butt for the price of one! Sounds like you are acting very professionally through all the drama, so kudus for your attitude AND for you food plan.

SeaShell --- Turn that music up, would ya? I think we all should take a one-dance boogie break with you while you shake that thing! Have fun with it!

Lottie --- That sounds like fun. I bet you get a lot of really good ideas from your friends, too. And I really REALLY like the idea of eating out with people who are in the same place you are, so that you can figure out how to manage restaurant eating together. I am currently very intimidated by restaurants, so thanks for a great idea!

MugCanDoIt --- You sound like me, kiddo: HmmmÖwhat I can make with 1/2 a hotdog, 25 grapes and peanut butter. Have you ever tried typing your ingredients into Google and seeing what it comes up with? Sometimes it can be good. Sometimes it is just very, very strange. Good luck deciding!

Redflame --- Oh, men can be so very darn irritating! I know you are thrilled for his weight loss but I would have to go out into the back yard and scream for a few minutes in utter frustration. Maybe we can brainstorm some different foods for you to take to work --- lots of very savvy ladies here that have no doubt faced the same situation. Any ideas, folks?

Yesterday was good foodwise, with a little 15 minute walk and 1 liter of water. I need to get the water up. I plan to eat/have eaten:

B: oatmeal with yogurt and cinnamon
L: green salad and whole wheat toast
S: apple
D: orange chicken with apples over brown rice with green beans and salad (new crockpot recipe, so I'll have to see how it works.

So, Seashell has turned up the volume on her dance workout, so let's all get up and move it, move it! Have a great day, everyone!

lottie63
01-22-2009, 02:25 PM
yer welcome! :D

lottie63
01-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Hey girls,

Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL Thursday---or had by the time they read this.

I am struggling---not plan wise, but emotionally. DH called last night (he works out of town during the week) and told me he has lost 21 pounds so far. He has only been on plan for 2 weeks, Me---well I have been on plan 3 1/2 weeks and only lost 8 pounds. I know, I know, men suck-----oh I mean men lose faster than women, but STILL. I need to quit focusing on that number, but it also motivates me.........ARRRHHHHGGGG!

I too am dealing with a knee problem, and trying to figure out how I can have surgery this spring......I have a $2500 deductable on my insurance, and I am paid base plus commision, and our commision has been ZILCH since November.

So I am trying to get my mind set back on track. Which would include getting my arse in gear on packing food for the office. Reduced fat wheat thins and turkey lunch meat are not the best choices when I have having such a fluctuation on water weight.

B; coffee
S; one serving sun chips (see what I mean!)
L; dunno yet
D;scrambled eggs and toast, 9pm dinner--ouch Kids have band practice and then youth group tonight

You girls are doing such a great job, dont forget to give yourself a pat on the back----repetitive pats, with speed, could count as areobics!

I feel ya with the dh, my bf lost 6 lbs in one week. I lost 3. He always loses twice as much as me, but he has a lot of muscle and I am flabby everywhere. :P He also only has 30 lbs to lose and I have 100! augh. Makes it so hard, I almost dont' want him to lose until I 'catch up' which is just a terrible thing to say. Haha, but I can't help myself. :P

But just think, if you didn't have him to compare yourself too, you would probably have made a totally different post, Wow! I lost 8 lbs!' and then we would all be giving you cheers and hurrahs instead of griping over our bf's losing faster than us.

so here ya go!

*cheers and hurrahs!*

:D

mj5
01-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Hi again! It's almost time to go to the grocery store! Then I can get home and snuggle w/ the dogs, and dh too, of course! One of the dogs was sick last night (upset tummy), so I can't wait to get home to check on her. I'm sure she is fine, but I hate that she can't tell me what's wrong or how to make her better....

seashell--Keep it up!

lottie--what a great idea! I have a friend who is considering joining 'my' gym, which would be fun, but that's the closest I have come to really having people who are trying to work out and be healthy too. My dh tries, of course, but not so much w/ exercise.

mug--so what did you decide for dinner?

Redflame--Yes, men suck when it comes to weightloss! SO not fair! I am sorry to hear that you are dealing w/ knee issues too, they also suck! Definitely pack food for the office, this has always been a struggle for me, but now I limit myself to one lunch out a week.

Numia--Great job yesterday! I have been eating lots of grapefruit lately, it is SO good! I am going to see my orthopediast (AGAIN!) for ongoing knee issues. I am actually probably going to need to have two out of the three surfaces of my knee replaced (partial replacement), but we aren't sure if it's time yet. I am waiting for approval to have it scoped, just so he can get a good look at the inside--he already knows it isn't pretty, but he wants to be able to see exactly where the damage is. Ha, that's funny! Actually, the injection goes into my knee joint--sounds painful, but it really does help, at least short term. As for the drama, I'm the manager, so I need to be the professional one--even when I think everyone else is acting like children!

I am really glad dh will be home to help w/ groceries tonight. My knee is really swollen and I can't wait to hit the couch w/ an icepack (and a beagle or two! LOL!!).

Anyone have any fun plans for the weekend?

GirlyGirlSebas
01-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Hubby and I both re-started on the 1st. I've lost 7.4 which I've very proud of. However, he informed me this morning that he has now lost exactly 15 pounds. Yes, I'm very proud of him....but, jeeze.

lottie63
01-22-2009, 07:41 PM
So I had my diet buddy dinner tonight. I made 4 oz grilled chicken with broccoli and carrots (steamed) and a little bit of szechuan sauce. I get frustrated with wanting to use a lot of sauce, but tonight I poured some water onto the pan while it was hot and it kind of cleaned up all the sauce that stuck to the pan and made it more saucy and I stirred that up and it was great! :D Also, we had an eggroll and sugar free jello and lite whipped cream for dessert. :)

And we sat and talked for like 3 hours drinking tea. It was really nice. :D

Beverlyjoy
01-23-2009, 06:04 AM
Hi Chickies - Yesterday was a good on plan day :) - I am so grateful.

My mom's car battery died. :( We got it to the car shop she likes and they'll put in the battery and do some maintenence. I was available to use my AAA and we could take care of it. :) I drove her around so she could go to the bank, pharmacy, grocery and then she wanted to go to Bob Evans. It was SO crowded NO WHERE to even park. We went to the Wendy's next store. I got a Mandarin Chicken Salad - I ate very slowly trying to be mindful of my food. I only ate half. My mom said she noticed that I was eating slow - and asked is it tasted all right. I told her I was trying to eat slower. Many things in this last paragraph to be grateful for.:D

meditation
stretches
trying to feel hunger and fullness
eating slow
putting my fork down between bites
aware eating - no distractions
water
visualize myself thinner

breakfast - cherrios, 1/2 banana, skim milk
lunch - deli turkey and lite cheese sandwich, veggies
snack - tangerine
dinner - sloppy joes on toast, salad
snack - pnb & honey toast, tea

Yay - Schmoodle - I am so, so glad you had a good day yesterday. :D Have a GREAT day.

Lottie - so glad you had such a fine meal and a good visit with a friend.:D

Rhonda and - it isn't fair how much quicker men lose than women.:dizzy:

MJ - how's the knee today and your doggie? :) Hope both are doing better.

Numia - that chicken sounds deelish :)- glad you are getting your exercise in. You are so, so right - you said what I am feeling lately. Yes, I am decompressing from a food frenzy I was stuck. Boy, decompressing never felt so good!

Rebflame - your quote "You girls are doing such a great job, dont forget to give yourself a pat on the back----repetitive pats, with speed, could count as areobics!" is lovely. :D:D Thanks. I like having 'breakfast for dinner', too

Seashell - what dances do you do. It's such great excercise.
:carrot: <---- Dancing Carrot to dance with you!

Mugcandoit - hope you found a tasty dinner in your cupboards. ;)

I hope you all have a GREAT day.

Schmoodle
01-23-2009, 08:16 AM
Hello chicks, happy Friday!
Yesterday was pretty good, except I was having a hungry day so I did throw in a few extras, but they were all on-plan foods, some nuts, a hard-boiled egg. Hey, I'm not into starving!
Here's my day:
B: meatloaf on 1 slice toast with mustard and baby spinach, coffee with milk
S: cheese stick
L: spinach salad with salmon
S: skim latte, half a grapefruit
D: leftover alfredo (this turned out great, all the kids loved it)
S: NSA dulce de leche pudding cup

lottie, your diet buddy dinner sounds really nice.
hi mj, no fun plans for me. I need to work on that. All work and no play... I may go to see Twilight, since I didn't get to go last night. Did you find the top of your desk?
numina, how did that recipe turn out? If it's good, you should post it for us. I'm always on the hunt for a new recipe.
Hello again mug!
redflame, we must never compare ourselves with the men! Too frustrating.
Happy dancing seashell!
Hi Rhonda!

Today is, well, another work day (aren't they all). On Fridays I plan my grocery list and menus. And we usually go to my mom's for pizza night with the family. The kids like to sleep over when they can. Same old life of glamor around here!

mj5
01-23-2009, 08:43 AM
Good Morning! I am really glad it's Friday! We went to bed really early last night and it felt so good to get a really good night's sleep!

I don't have any really exciting plans this weekend. I am going to a neice's basketball game on Sat, but that's about it so far.

Rhonda--that is NOT fair!!! And you should be very proud of your loss, I know you have worked hard for it.

lottie--Your dinner sounds really yummy and a lot of fun!

Beverlyjoy--You are doing awesome! My knee is bad again today, so sick of that!!! The dog is fine, thanks for asking!

Schmoodle--Those darn 'hungry days'! I have to do the same thing...good for you for making it op stuff! I have organized my desk mess into neat piles...LOL! At least that's a start!

I am starting to feel bored w/ my workout, so it's time to shake things up a bit. I am going to talk to my brother on Sat (he'll be at the basketball game) to see what he suggests. When I get bored like this, I stop trying as hard and that is NOT what I need right now! I need to find my enthusiasm again--I feel like I am starting to just go through the motions and not work very hard, if that makes any sense.

My knee is still really sore, may have to break out the "big" pain killers this weekend. I don't like doing that because they make me feel so loopy, but it does get the pain under control. I still torn about the surgery (the big one, not the scope). I know I am going to need it soon, but at the same time I know that it's best to wait as long as I can since it probably won't last forever and I really don't want to have it re-done down the road. I totally trust my surgeon, so I'll follow his advice. It's just frustrating!!!!

Numina
01-23-2009, 12:05 PM
Happy Friday, everyone!

BeverlyJoy: Good for you for being on plan yesterday and I bet you stay on plan today, too! . Congratulations on staying on plan at Wendyís --- that would have been very difficult for me. Keep up the good work!

Schmoodle: Your plan looks very tasty! As for the new recipe last night, my husband claimed it was like fruit cocktail chicken (and that wasnít a compliment!) Not one of my more successful attempts. Your Friday night plan sounds relaxed and warm and just the thing after a stressful week. Have fun!

Mj5: Iím sorry your knee is giving you so much trouble right now --- itís hard to push your hardest when pain is dragging you down. I donít have a lot of experience with exercise routine and shaking them up, but it occurs to me that some of it can be done within the privacy of your own head: you can be in training for a Mission Impossible with Tom Cruise, you can be on camera with the Biggest Loser TV show, you can be Madonna staying sane on tour, all for free and all completely unknown to the dude on the treadmill next to you. Hope your niece plays well and let us know if your brother has some cool ideas for really shaking things up.

Today's plan:
B: oatmeal with yogurt
L: salad
S: hard-boiled egg, maybe?
D: stir fry with brown rice

I need to keep working on the water and I will try to walk farther than I did day before yesterday. My husband will be out of town for a few days and my son is sick, so I think my weekend will be pretty quiet.

Now, let's go kick some fat OUT OF HERE! lol :)

Redflame
01-23-2009, 12:37 PM
MJ--knee replacements have a 10 year life generally, less with added weight, more with healthy weight and activity level. My DH had one and sure wishes he could have the other one done. He actually had to have the surgery two times, the first doctor left bone spurs in and 3 month later they had to remove part of the hardware, clean verything up and replace.....he would do that ALL over again in a heart beat!

Schmoodle--what a great new trend you have started, remember it only takes 21 days to make a habit (good or bad!)

Bev--awesome progress on identifying problems and creating new habits

Girlygirl--great job on the scale success

Seashell--are you still dancing?

Lottie--your night with a friend sounds wonderful, especially the 3 hour long tea!

Megcandoit--what did the kitchen cupboards suggest to you? Mine won't talk often

Numina--how did your new crockpot creation turn out?

For me yesterday was hectic, we did not get home till 9. The kids made me two egg sammiches to eat in the car at 4pm running from work to church band practice----I tore most the bread crusts off, and only ate where the egg was.....then found out they used 2 eggs per sammich (fried eggs) I would have made 1 egg sammiches. So that meal was like 900 calories! Holy cow! When I got home my son made hummus (our first attempt) and I had some pita chips and carrots with it, it was fabulous!

Today;
B coffee
L hummus carrots, celery pita chips
D alone or maybe with DH, kids are gone this weekend, dont know yet

nicolen
01-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Good morning everybody!

Well, it's going to be another hot one here. It's just after 6:30am and it's already close to 20 - they're predicting early 30's for the day. I can handle that - it's when it gets above about 34 I start struggling.

I had an awesome night last night. We had a change of plans and went into town to the Busker's Festival instead. We had drinks and nibbles at a vegetarian restaurant - it's a little bit naff now, but in the 90s it was the most popular place in town - and watched a couple of acts. Some were really good, and a couple were really strange...

I had my first training session with my trainer yesterday. I'm actually fitter than I thought I was, but my core and abs need work. Not really surprised to hear that, although I was surprised to learn that my fitness level wasn't too bad. OK, it wasn't brilliant either - let's be realistic here!

Today, I'm going to go to the gym and then go out and see my friend in hospital - she's come through the operation well, which is fantastic! Once she's had time to recover, she's not going to know herself - her quality of life is going to improve so much.

I can't stop for personals at the moment, sorry. Will check in this afternoon or tonight.

Have an awesome day, everyone!

Beverlyjoy
01-23-2009, 12:45 PM
Redflame -somehow I missed saying Hi this morning to you. About men losing faster - Dr. Oz says it's physiological because woman are built to have babies - so we hold on to our fat longer than men. Boo-hoo It's not fair!

Hmm - homemade hummus. Sounds good.

Have a great day.

mj5
01-23-2009, 03:42 PM
Hi again. I am SO ready to leave...the drama continues, today w/ tears.

Numia--Thanks for the suggestions! They might really work, after all, it's the mental part that is the hardest for me! I'll give it a try! I just hope I don't actually start singing while I am at the gym, that could be a VERY bad thing. LOL!!!! I need to make sure I get my water in this weekend, too. I do well during the week, but for some reason on the weekends I forget to drink as much.

Redflame--Ooh, your poor dh! I'm only 38, so having it done soon would mean having it re-done at least once. I've asked my ortho for a knee like the bionic man, but he said no. Mmm, your hummus recipe looks really good. I think I have all of the stuff (except something to dip into it) and I have to stop at the store tonight, so I will get some carrots or something. I LOVE garlic (can't have too much garlic in anything!)....even one of our dogs LOVES garlic--I knew we picked her for a reason! She loves coffee too...gotta watch her or she'll stick her nose in your cup! The other dogs loves beer. Silly dogs!

I'm trying to come up w/ something yummy and healthy for dinner tonight. I forgot to take something out of the freezer, so I will stop at the store quick and get something. I am thinking a stir fry, but we'll see what I come up with.

I am going to the gym, even though my knee hurts. Gotta keep those muscles strong for when I do have surgery!

nicolen--Sounds like you had a great time! Isn't it nice to find out that you are in better shape than you thought? Great job!!! Stay cool!

mj5
01-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Numia--Just had to let you know that it was super hard to resist singing!!! I actually started laughing when a Madonna song came on my mp3 player. (I have an odd assortment of music, but it keeps me moving!) What worked the best was pretending a trainer was there pushing me on. I also chose not to read while I was on the bike--just music. I worked alot harder than I have been.

Redflame--What temp do you roast your garlic at? I am making hummus tomorrow. YUM! I can't wait!!!!

Ok, so a good workout at the gym. I have also already picked out a watp dvd for tomorrow. It is sitting on the coffee table. Dh said he might do it w/ me. Not sure about that....I don't usually like him in the same room w/ me, but if he is doing it too, it will be ok.

Beverlyjoy
01-24-2009, 07:14 AM
Hi Chicks - I am happy to say that yesterday was day seven of being on my plan. :) I am very grateful.

Today I need to tidy up my office and do some paper work and hang out with DH.

meditation
stretches and strengthening
lots of water
visualize myself at a smaller size
aware eating with no distractions

breakfast - corn bread, ff cottage cheese, 1/2 banana
lunch - open face turkey and lite cheese, beets with lite sour cream
snack - strawberries
dinner - leftover sloppy joes on toast, green bean salad
snack - pnb and honey toast

MJ - hope your knee is calming down. Hope the different music makes your workout more fun. :cool:

Nicolen - so glad to hear your friend is doing well. :) Keep yourself cooled down with lots of water.

Numina - hope your son feels better and you got your walk in. It's hard when spouses are gone to get time for ourselves when we have children in the house. :)

Hi Redflame - hope you're having a good day.:)

Hi Schmoodle - busy, busy busy indeed. It's nice that the kids have grandparents close enough to spend overnights. :) Will DH have to travel and be away so much with his new job. I am going to make a turkey meatloaf soon. DH is a food wimp and doesn't like to try new things. :dizzy:

Enjoy your Saturday, folks. Shout out to the anyone else that stops by for a peek.

S.A.S.H
01-24-2009, 10:23 AM
Hi everyone. Yet another week goes by and I miss it! DS was in the hospital for a few days (he was really sick!) but is home now. YAY! I did well considering. Ended up with a couple 2000 calorie days, which is about 300-400 higher, but considering it was fast food, the sodium is what really killed me.

However, back on track and trying to catch up here. :goodluck: Keep em crossed for me to have a nice, calm, normal week next week. :lol:

mj5
01-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Good Morning! I should be getting some cleaning done before the basketball game, but wanted to pop in here first.

Beverlyjoy--Congrats on 7 days op!!! Great job!

Schmoodle--I agree w/ Beverlyjoy, having grandparents close so the kids can spend the night is awesome!!! I was lucky enough to grow up w/ both sets of grandparents close and often spent the night w/ them. Some of our best memories are of those times!!!

Randi--Oh no, I hope ds is better. Take care of yourself, too. Drink lots of water this weekend.

I have the garlic roasting in the oven--I can't wait to make some hummus! Last night I bought some yummy veggies for dipping, so that's what I'll be snacking on later today. Even some pita to try making my own pita chips. For some reason I thought it was harder to roast garlic....silly me! We'll be using LOTS of roasted garlic from now on!!!!!

nicolen
01-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Good morning, everyone!

Not sure what happened yesterday, but I didn't make it back here. Such is life, I suppose!

Had another good day yesterday - had a good workout at the gym and then caught the bus out to Burwood to see my friend. She just looks so good. She had a hip replacement and she said that there's pain from the wound, obviously, but the constant pain that she was in has gone. In a week or so once the wound's healed, she's not going to know herself!

Today I'm not planning on going anywhere. It's a rest day from the gym and once again the house looks like a bomb site. How is it possible for one person and one cat to make this much mess? I've also got to make some bread at some stage - probably do that so it's ready to go in the oven this evening when it's a bit cooler.

Beverley, sounds like we're both having domestic type days today!

MJ, I have to admit, I don't understand how people can read and still feel they're getting the best out of a workout? I take my iPod in to the gym and usually listen to an audiobook that I've either bought of iTunes or got out the library and ripped onto the 'puter. It's actually a good way of getting to the gym - I prefer music at other times, so if I want to find out what happens in my book, I have to go to the gym. Well, it's working so far!

Randi, I'm pleased to hear your son's feeling better, poor thing. And poor you and hubby as well, having to see him admitted to hospiital. :hug:

The menu today is:

B - English muffin, vegemite, cheese

S - fruit of some kind, I've got cherries, apricots and plums at the moment

L - chicken salad - chicken, greens, peppers, tomatoes, cucumber, WW balsamic dressing, something carby

S - yoghurt

D - either going to roast some lamb or half a chicken so I've got enough meat for lunches for a couple of days next week, and for dinner on Monday.

Have fun, everyone!

lottie63
01-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Hey there everyone!

Hope everyones weekend is going well so far. So far so good for me, today is a 1200 cal day on the calorie cycle (My average for the week once again, is 1400) So I'm trying to be a little more watchful today. I have been OP for the last two weeks and am really proud of myself! Lost 3 lbs last week, have a weigh in tomorrow.

I don't drink as much water as I should. I'm actually on a med that causes decreased thirst, so I often forget to drink. But I recently decreased that med and am drinking more and plan on getting off it entirely.

Hope everyone has a great day! :D

Schmoodle
01-24-2009, 02:27 PM
Good Saturday afternoon chicks. I haven't accomplished much today, but did go grocery shopping and I've got a pot of white bean, ham, and collard greens soup on for lunches for the coming week. Today's half gone, but here's my plan:
B was: another meatloaf and spinach open faced sandwich and coffee with skim milk. That's the last of the meatloaf...
L was: salmon and spinach salad with goddess dressing, NSA fudgesicle
S was: chai tea with milk, some peanuts, half a grapefruit
I'm going to make an eggplant lasagna and some cauliflower for dinner.
If I want a snack, I'll sample the soup, and I can have a piece of cheese too.
congrats on your success lottie! I hope tomorrow's weigh-in is more good news.
nicolen, glad your friend's recovery is going well. Baking bread in the heat!?
Justwannabe, sorry your DS was so sick! Hope he is all better now. We have to give ourselves a break when we are dealing with stressful things, and just do the best we can. You'll flush out that salt in no time.
BeverlyJoy, DH does not like turkey (he tells me), but when I use ground turkey I mix in a little ground sirloin and I don't think he knows the difference. I fed him soy chorizo last week and he didn't notice that either. My next goal is to get him to eat tofu! That will be tougher. He is definitely a meat and starches kind of guy, although he loves his veggies too, thank goodness. He will be a commuter for a while now, and if they take the ship out, it will be a short trip on occasion.
Numina, have a great day!
redflame, oops on the eggies!
mj, enjoy the game! Hope that knee is feeling better.

mj5
01-24-2009, 07:11 PM
Hi again! My hummus is chilling. It tastes ok, I think it needs something, not sure what yet.

nicolen--I know what you mean about reading. I was doing pretty good w/ intensity on the bike and reading, I'm not coordinated enough to try any other machine and a book! LOL! But, I don't think I am doing my best by reading at the gym right now. So, I have taken the book out of my gym bag! I prefer music when I am really working out anyway.

lottie--are you drinking? I haven't had enough water, yet today myself. I am going to get a glass right now!

Schmoodle--I would say grocery shopping and some cooking is an accomplshment! The game was fun, thanks for asking.

Rhonda--How are you doing?

My knee is really swollen and sore again today. I did take some pain meds last night and might do the same tonight. I should try some ice tonight too.

Have a good night everyone!

lottie63
01-24-2009, 09:28 PM
Hi again! My hummus is chilling. It tastes ok, I think it needs something, not sure what yet.

nicolen--I know what you mean about reading. I was doing pretty good w/ intensity on the bike and reading, I'm not coordinated enough to try any other machine and a book! LOL! But, I don't think I am doing my best by reading at the gym right now. So, I have taken the book out of my gym bag! I prefer music when I am really working out anyway.

lottie--are you drinking? I haven't had enough water, yet today myself. I am going to get a glass right now!

Schmoodle--I would say grocery shopping and some cooking is an accomplshment! The game was fun, thanks for asking.

Rhonda--How are you doing?

My knee is really swollen and sore again today. I did take some pain meds last night and might do the same tonight. I should try some ice tonight too.

Have a good night everyone!

Thanks for the reminder, I'm definately trying to get a lot in tonight so I'm not bloated for weigh in day tomorrow! Thanks! :D

Beverlyjoy
01-25-2009, 08:09 AM
Hi chicks - I had another great day yesterday :) - I am very grateful. I've been trying to be very aware of my food. I've tasted eat bite, put my fork/food down between bites and it took my 30 minutes to eat my dinner last night. :) I tried to feel the food in my tummy. I am trying to learn what full feels like. I honestly don't know if I ever can :dizzy: - but, I am trying and making a bit of progress.

meditation
stretches and strengthening
lots of water
put my fork down between bites
aware eating
PMA

breakfast - kashi waffle pnb, egg scramble with ketchup, applesauce
lunch - open face turkey and lite cheese on lite wheat, red pepper strips
snack - strawberries
dinner LC french bread pizza, salad with lite Italian dressing
snack - cinn. toast

Lottie - glad you are getting your water in! 2 weeks on plan is fantastic. :DGreat job on the weight loss! :carrot::carrot:

MJ - gosh I am sorry your knee is so painful. :hug:Ice, if you know it will help. Ice helps my foot and ankle alot.

Justwanna - I am so, so glad your son is home from the hospital. :) Now you are back in your 'comfort zone' of food - I am sure you can hop back into your routine. Take care now. :)

Schmoodle - your soup sounds so yummy! :)

Nicolen - so glad your friend is doing well.:)Good for you and having an on plan day. :)

Everyone, have a great day!! :D:D:D

mj5
01-25-2009, 10:15 AM
Good Morning! Not much going on around here today, just taking it easy. Hoping a 'rest day' will help my knee a bit. I am going to take some pain meds soon, so I'll probably fall asleep too. Not a very exciting Sunday! The dogs have their favorite chew bones, so they are happy dogs right now!!!

lottie--Good luck w/ your weigh in, not that you'll need it, of course!

Beverlyjoy--Great job!!! Ice does help, I sometimes forget to use it, though.

Have a great OP day everyone. I'm sure I'll pop back later.

Schmoodle
01-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Hi chicks!
My soup turned out so yummy yesterday. I didn't calculate it out, but I think it must be very low calorie, because it made a HUGE stockpot full, and is mostly greens, veggies and broth, with just a few beans and some lean diced ham. I used a 2 lb bag of collards and didn't realize I would end up with so much. I had two bowls yesterday (with a little freshly grated Parmesan, yum), put a big container in the fridge for lunches, froze a few singe serve containers, and I've still got half a pot left. I'm going to try to send some home with my mom when she stops by. I know nobody around here will eat it. DH is not a fan of greens, and it's too much green for the kids.
We went to see Twilight last night. It was pretty good, but I didn't love it. I want to watch it again sometime, maybe I was too tired - we went to the late show.
Cleaning and laundry on the agenda today, along with DD's basketball game.

Today's plan:
B: oatmeal and almond butter, coffee with skim milk
almost lunchtime so I think I'll skip snack.
L: collard greens soup with Parmesan
S: skim latte, cheese stick
D: ground turkey burger, 3 bean salad, roasted cauliflower
S: chocolate ricotta creme with almonds

Have a great Sunday chicks!

lottie63
01-25-2009, 11:44 AM
I have two of my diet buddies coming over today. OMG the one is such a picky eater! *L*

Oh well, we decided on edamame and sweet and sour chicken and eggrolls. They are bringing the edamame and brown rice, cuz I have none. I have chicken and eggrolls though.

oh well, today was weigh in day and my total loss for this week stayed at-2 lbs. but any loss is fab. so it's okee. :D I"m just so ITCHING to get into the 260's. hehe. :D

Beverlyjoy
01-25-2009, 11:52 AM
Schmoodle - do you have a recipe for that soup? Or is a throw together soup?

Lottie - Great job on the weight loss.

MJ - rest that sore knee and have a good day.

Schmoodle
01-25-2009, 02:50 PM
BeverlyJoy, there was a recipe on the collard greens bag, but I didn't follow it exactly. But I can tell you what I did.

Soak overnight a 1 lb. bag of dried white beans (cannelini, great Northern, etc.). The next day drain and put in a pot with a 2 lb. bag of chopped collards (or other greens) and cover with water. Add 1 chopped onion, 2 cups lean chopped ham, a couple heaping spoons full of chopped garlic, 4 bouillon cubes (I used veggie), a couple of bay leaves, salt and pepper as desired. You could add other veggies (carrots, celery). I also skipped the overnight soak and used canned beans. I added 3 cans but would have added another if I'd had it. Caution, unless you want enough soup to serve ten people with seconds, halve this recipe.

Oops, forgot the cooking part! Simmer until beans and/or collards are done.

Rhonda, your new avatar pic is gorgeous!

junebaby
01-25-2009, 03:10 PM
I find that I need the accountability. I know what and how to eat, but I make bad choices and put off til the next day better eating. But the twice a week weight ins help me stay focused better.