100 lb. Club - Who is your beauty/fitness inspiration?!

2ndChance09
01-18-2009, 02:53 PM
I like to cut out pictures from magazines to help inspire me. My #1 inspiration is Jessica Alba, she is soo gorgeous. I love her face and her body. If I could look like her I would be so happy!!

Beautiful Ace
01-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Jessica Alba sold out to photo finishing that made her look unnaturally skinny for a calendar she did. I was so disappointing. I don't really have a beauty/fitness inspiration right now, but I would like to have a body kind of like Mariah Carey(not at her skinniest).

2ndChance09
01-18-2009, 03:09 PM
I totally get what you are saying! I know that realistically I won't ever look like Jessica Alba, I guess she just inspires me to keep going.

As for "real" people they inspire me a ton. I have the Walk away the lbs dvd's and I love the walkers on there that have lost a lot of weight with the videos. They really inspire me and everytime I am doing a video I keep going because of them and think they did it and I can do it to!

FB
01-18-2009, 03:11 PM
When I first got into fitness I told my trainer I wanted the level of buff that Linda Hamilton from Terminator 2 achieved. :)

Cheesy, but I remember seeing that movie in 8th (?) grade and really being awe inspired by her physique. I knew I had it in me to do that someday. Then I went back to jamming on my NKOTB and curling my hair.

winning the war
01-18-2009, 03:14 PM
I also find inspiration in everyday people who are working hard to be healthier. When I see "heavier" people working out and being active, I am so proud of them! Likewise, when I see "thinner" people working out I am happy for them for the hard work they've done. I guess I just can relate better to the heavier folks.

2ndChance09
01-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Wow she was very buff in that movie, her arms were amazing!

I think just looking at old pictures of myself are a big motivation. I remember how happy and confident I was and I want to get that back. That really motivates me as well.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-18-2009, 03:27 PM
My fitness inspirations are the ladies here on 3FC who have lost large amounts of weight and become runners.

My beauty inspirations are Christie Brinkley and Andie McDowell. They are beautiful women who have chosen to age gracefully.

FB
01-18-2009, 03:40 PM
I didn't think that AT ALL Disgruntled. I knew exactly what you were saying, the gym and all it's patrons are a huge source of inspiration, especially people first starting out.

djay
01-18-2009, 03:47 PM
My fitness inspirations are all over 3fc's.:hug: They started like me...so out of shape that they couldn't walk to the corner...and now they are running for miles...doing hundreds of crunches...lifting weights...doing pushups and writing about it so that I can see that if they can do it...so can I!:carrot:

Ok...is it really narcissistic of me if I say my beauty inspiration is me? Back in the day, I didn't have anything to be ashamed of when I walked into a room of good looking woman. Boy did I mes that up! :lol:
So I'll never be quite that young and beautiful again...but maybe I can get the ole bod back enough to turn a slightly older head or two! :rofl:

QTestRDH
01-18-2009, 03:48 PM
My beauty inspiration is, Jessica Simpson, before she decided to go get all skinny.

fiberlover
01-18-2009, 03:50 PM
When I first got into fitness I told my trainer I wanted the level of buff that Linda Hamilton from Terminator 2 achieved. :)

She is my fitness idol, too - other than smoking in the movie. Her arms, her back, totally amazing.

Sheila53
01-18-2009, 03:54 PM
While I don't really think of her as an inspiration, I really like Queen Latifah. Besides being beautiful, she has an incredible attitude, and a lovely, curvaceous body that she is proud of. I know she's trying to get healthier with her eating, and I say more power to her, but I hope she won't get on the Hollywood stick figure bandwagon.

rodeogirl
01-18-2009, 05:59 PM
If I ever think about a fitness inspiration scene from a movie it's the scene where Demi Moore is doing pullups in G.I. Jane. I would kill to be able to do that regardless of what I looked like.

cfmama
01-18-2009, 06:17 PM
You know what... I've never really thought about it!!! I really want to look like I did again at 18. More like ME again :)

TJFitnessDiva
01-18-2009, 09:22 PM
My fitness inspirations are right there in the goal section of 3FC and also you awesome ladies in the journey with me in the 100lbs club :)

As for celebrity wise it would be Angelina Jolie's body in the first Tomb Raider movie!

TraceyElaine
01-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Jessica Beil. She's got nice arns. She's not a twig. She has muscles and is toned. But seriously I don't think about celebs much. When I'm on the treadmill the thoughts that keep me going are of what I think I will look like realistically. I know I'll never look like I did at 17 and I wouldn't want to. I am no teeny weeny celeb either. But I know I'll look amazing.

roxy road
01-18-2009, 10:18 PM
Off the top of my head...

Salma Hayek
Kate Winslet
Marilyn Monroe
Rachel Weisz

I plan to keep a few curves ;)

Ten Years
01-18-2009, 10:22 PM
Gwen Stefani

I LOVE that athletic shape.

I will probably end up looking more like Jessica Rabbit though... When I was thin I had great big boobs, tiny waist, and round hips.

sprklemajik
01-18-2009, 11:07 PM
If I could pick what I'd look like when I get finished, I wish I could have a body shaped like Kim Kardashian (still not sure what she's actually famous for) but I like the ultra feminine curves.

xJox
01-19-2009, 01:47 AM
My fitness inspirations are the ladies here on 3FC who have lost large amounts of weight and become runners.

I totally have to agree with you there.

Ok...is it really narcissistic of me if I say my beauty inspiration is me? Back in the day, I didn't have anything to be ashamed of when I walked into a room of good looking woman. Boy did I mes that up! :lol:
So I'll never be quite that young and beautiful again...but maybe I can get the ole bod back enough to turn a slightly older head or two! :rofl:

Exactly. Id love to look like I did the day I met Michael. Granted I was till 200 lbs, but I had a nice body. Nothing like this misshapen thing Im in now.

If I could pick what I'd look like when I get finished, I wish I could have a body shaped like Kim Kardashian (still not sure what she's actually famous for) but I like the ultra feminine curves.

She definately has curves. That girl has a bootay!! I wouldn't mind having a little of that myself. My butt is flat!

xJox
01-19-2009, 01:51 AM
Oh.. I forgot to mention. I would like to have some curves like Toccara (Jones I think) from ANTM and Celebrity Fit Club.

As far as muscles.. Brooke Hogan. I just saw a post about her on myspace I think. They were totally slamming her. Saying she was almost finished with her sex change.. because she is muscular. Id love a body like hers.

Ten Years
01-19-2009, 02:11 AM
I would like to have some curves like Toccara (Jones I think) from ANTM and Celebrity Fit Club.

Oh she was gorgeous, wasn't she! Even at 200 pounds... but she was WAY taller than my little 5 feet 2 inches.

S.A.S.H
01-19-2009, 08:41 AM
My fitness inspiration - Jillian Michaels - She used to be over 200 and I love her attitude

Beauty - Sela Ward, Ashley Judd

2ndChance09
01-19-2009, 03:10 PM
^wow Jillian used to be over 200? I had no idea!

ladywinter
01-19-2009, 03:13 PM
I would have to say I dont want to look like I did at 18...I pretty much have even the same hairdo now as I did then (I am sooo trapped in the 80s lol). I think Anglie Jolie is very pretty...and although her and I are the same age there is surprisingly absolutely no resemblance lol. Drew Barrymore is also someone I have always thought was pretty and is my age. I like the Hippy free spirited vibe she has.

H8cake
01-19-2009, 03:20 PM
The ladies in the maintainers forum are amazing. They prove that it can be done! I love looking at their pictures and reading their stories. The older I get the more I appreciate stars like Kate Winslet that speak out against retouched photos to make them appear smaller. When I was young I thought Marilyn Monroe was too heavy. It was the 80's and the super skinny models were popular. Now I think Marilyn Monroe was beautiful and I would love to have a shape like that. I love being strong, but my hubby likes a curvy woman. Thank goodness because I don't think I could maintain a super skinny shape.

lalique
01-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Christina Aguilera has always been a beauty inspriation for me. Back when she was first popular I had tons of her pictures hanging up on my walls (I was still in high school back then), and used her as an influence to lose weight...

lalique
01-19-2009, 03:58 PM
My fitness inspiration - Jillian Michaels - She used to be over 200 and I love her attitude

I didn't know that!

I thought that she was, and I looked her up online & couldn't find anything on her, so I figured she must have always been skinny...

Luvbean
01-19-2009, 06:54 PM
Mine is Mariah Carey. I think she is beautiful (ohh her hair is so awesome) Although not fond of her choice of men!!! LOL

S.A.S.H
01-20-2009, 09:35 AM

:yes: Yuppers. The first seaon of TBL when she introduced herself to "us" and the contestants, she even pulled out a pic. She was somewhere between 200 and 250 I "believe". Either way, she wasn't always the super fit chick she is now. I have never forgotten that picture. It makes such a difference to me, to know someone has BTDT. It strengenths my belief in her attitude and her motivations for doing what she does.

MugCanDoIt
01-20-2009, 12:05 PM
Mine is Anna Nicole Smith. She was beautiful while overweight, and beautiful skinney. She didnt let her weight stop her either. She wasn't even being too hard on herself for her weight problem, until the media started making her feel horrible. She was a REAL person, just like me and you, and I admired her for being real.

xJox
01-20-2009, 12:42 PM

I had no idea, either. :o

xJox
01-20-2009, 12:44 PM
:yes: Yuppers. The first seaon of TBL when she introduced herself to "us" and the contestants, she even pulled out a pic. She was somewhere between 200 and 250 I "believe". Either way, she wasn't always the super fit chick she is now. I have never forgotten that picture. It makes such a difference to me, to know someone has BTDT. It strengenths my belief in her attitude and her motivations for doing what she does.

I love Jillian!!! She is so kind/caring. :carrot:

wchs2007
01-20-2009, 01:14 PM
My 3 sons is mine... I have a 20 year old.. 17 year old and a soon to be 14 year. When I look at them I am more determined to get healthy so I can be more involved and be a very active grandmother..( MANY MANY years from now..lol)

2ndChance09
01-20-2009, 01:23 PM
^I can relate to that. I feel the same way when I look at my daughters. Although they are young right now (2 and 4) I really want them to be able to look up to me and to see me as a role model. I feel like I can't really show them that when I am overweight and out of shape.

Randi
01-20-2009, 10:35 PM
Tosca Reno from Oxygen magazine.... She is really amazing!

JessWagz
01-20-2009, 10:50 PM
I admire Pink i would love to look like her in any of her videos

nicki rose98
01-20-2009, 10:56 PM
The cutting pics out of magazines is not a bad idea. I have to say that Jessica Alba is a good inspiration....her body in "Honey" is kicking!!!!

Kateastrophe
01-20-2009, 11:06 PM
Me when I was thinner.

I have never been insecure about my looks. In fact, half the time now I forget I am actually NOT thin anymore. I catch myself thinking, "But of course you can have that cookie! Sure, you've gained a couple of pounds but you're totally hot. Heck, go ahead, have two cookies! I'm sure it will all just go to your boobs."

autumns19
01-20-2009, 11:51 PM
Jillian Michaels. I just love everything about her. :D
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/tlee1/Jillian-Michaels-666x1000-72kb-medi.jpg

hautbois
01-21-2009, 12:50 AM
My inspiration comes from the successful folks here. Also, from my aunt and my SIL. Both have successfully lost a lot of weight and are maintaining. While they both used different methods, they both stuck with it until they reached goal and are keeping that weight off. My aunt has maintained her loss for 6+ years, which I think is fabulous.

Smiling_Sara
01-22-2009, 10:48 PM
Miss Monroe:

and this girl from Grey's:

FB
01-22-2009, 11:22 PM
Mine is Anna Nicole Smith. She was beautiful while overweight, and beautiful skinney. She didnt let her weight stop her either. She wasn't even being too hard on herself for her weight problem, until the media started making her feel horrible. She was a REAL person, just like me and you, and I admired her for being real.

She was really beautiful, strikingly so.

lottie63
01-22-2009, 11:41 PM
for one, sara rue, (from less than perfect and some other show) becuase she kind of looks like me, lol. she lost a good deal of weight, then gained some back and now looks slightly chubby, if not just curvy and absolutely loverly :D

two, ME, because I found the only pic I have from 2004 (when I lost 70 lbs) and I was smokin'. My diet buddy today said "It doesn't even look like you!" AUgh, I was so sad. I put that pic and a recent pic on the fridge to keep me in check. I can't wait to look like that again, and better. ;) I could've stood to lose another 15 lbs.