Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-18-2009, 01:09 PM   #1  
Changing behaviours

Height: 5'7"

Default Digital photo frames - love 'em or hate 'em?

I can't decide. DH recently put all our photos on the computer, and now the screen is a rolling display of shots taken over a 5-year period, while I've been gaining and gaining - eek.

I generally avoid the camera as much as possible, but when pics were taken, I only looked at the shot on the little camera screen so there's not too much info, so to speak.

So it was a huge shock to see myself in some of these pics scrolling across the computer screen; I didn't realize how BIG I actually look. I don't FEEL as if I'm that big . Anyway, it made me pretty uncomfortable at first, but now I'm thinking it might be motivational.

Last edited by Fressca; 01-18-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:38 PM   #2  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Definitely motivation in my eyes. I occasionally (ok ok.. at least once a day) brows through my "before" folder I have. All the most unflattering fat pics of me are in this folder. It helps me keep in mind WHY I'm doing this
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:13 PM   #3  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

that actually sounds like a good idea for motivation.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:27 PM   #4  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

It's motivation for me!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

I've read that putting a fat picture on the fridge door can keep you on track and motivate you, this is similar. If you want to look on the positive side of this then it is motivational.

A constant reminder that you need to stay the course and lose the weight.

On a side note, my dentist has one of those digital stand alone frames and it has his daughter on there starting at like two years old and all her birthday parties and at play and going up to her age now (about 12)

She is the cutest little girl and the digital picture is positioned so you can see it when you are in the chair waiting for the doc to get to you. It definitely draws your eyes to it and occupies your time (about 3-5 minutes) until the doc comes in! I think it is a cool idea!
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I'd say motivational. I am not sure i would want my old fat pics on there now...but i'd love to have one with my old skinny pics on there for motivation to get back to where i was. I was just looking at some pics from last summer and i was like...wow...where my arms really getting that skinny. I remember thinking that my arms were still sooooo fat...but now i see they were actually getting pretty slim. I definately want to be back to where i was last summer. I am definately finding my groove on staying op most days now.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:56 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

What motivated me this time to lose weight (and has worked) was a picture i kept the pants i had worn in that picture and plan to take the same pose and say HAHA to that old pic i hated. lol

So yeah i think they are like a wake up call.And i love seeing my kids pics ! lol
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

I thinking dealing with reality is always good, even if it's a little painful. On the other hand, you don't need to rub it in your face either. You have to figure out where the line is. I think it's harder at the beginning to handle the pics where we look bigger than we want to believe we do. After some time, you have more confidence in your new healthy habits and you start to have a higher regard for your body and yourself, including more compassion.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:34 PM   #9  
Changing behaviours

Yep, I've decided to look on this as a motivational tool, although I am glad the computer is in the office where mostly *I* see it and not in the living room or other public space

And yes, I LOVE seeing the pics of my other family members! That part's great.
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote