Old 01-18-2009, 01:34 AM   #1  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

Wink Calorie Counting & WW?

My mother was on weight watchers a few years ago, & still retained her informational pouch-thing. Some odd months ago me, my gf, my sister, & my sister's gf started WW. It was fun, & I especially liked doing it with them. Well, I fell off the proverbial wagon & hadn't touched it since. I just recently tried to start losing weight, & I've picked up the habit of calorie counting. Now I was wondering if it would be effect to both count calories & points? Or do you suppose it might be too complicated? Please keep in mind I don't have a huge amount of spare time, being that I both work & have class as well as watching my little sisters often. What do you think, practical to try both at the same time? Please let me know your opinions. Thanks.
UrthWurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:30 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

I have to admit that Calorie Counting & Points counting would most likely be a little redundant.

Points aren't exactly calories, but the end result of calorie restriction is the same. The points were created to persuade members to eat lower fat & higher fiber foods with their daily calories.

So if you don't have any trouble choosing the right kinds of foods, and calorie counting is working for you, I don't see the need in adding up the points, too.

Just my 2c.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 175/156.6/128

Height: 5'3"

I agree with Fairie that using both would be redundant. I personally preferred Points because I could get my head around it better. For me, a 200 calorie snack didn't sound like much but a 4 pt snack did. Also, Points helped me to make better choices in the beginning because of the fiber emphasis. I would suggest that you pick whichever one works for you and go with it.
murphydoodle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:12 AM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

I'm gonna ditto the last 2 posters. Calories are included in the points calculations. Higher calories = higher points; higher fat = higher points; fiber can reduce points by a maximum of .8 points.
Kelly_S is offline   Reply With Quote