100 lb. Club - Which "bonus" body part...?

View Full Version : Which "bonus" body part...?

Coffee Luver
01-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Which "bonus" body part are you most anxious to lose - or which has been your favorite to lose? And I know you all know what I am talking about - that body part that you added on to yourself after years of neglect. Is it the double chin? The back-fat handles? The bat wings on your upper arms? The kangaroo pouch of fat that sits between your pelvic bones? The spare tire of fat that is insulating your waist? Something else?

Personally it is a tie between the double chin and the back fat. I HATE my back fat!! But, everyone can see my double chin (and I hate that, too). But - if I had to pick one - it would be the back fat, because I was so hurt that I cried when I realized that I had it. :cry: So - I really, really, really want it gone. It is what I think of on days that I don't want to exercise.
Your turn! :)

sidhe
01-17-2009, 03:09 PM
My stupid half-moon belly. Seriously. I have this "grin" of a belly, from one hip to the other. You can see it in jeans, in dresses, in lingerie, in everything. I have this dumb-looking half-moon curve from hip to hip. I want it GONE. Done with it, thanks much, buh-bye!

kelly315
01-17-2009, 03:19 PM
lower belly! I can't say it enough. Go away!

famograham
01-17-2009, 03:32 PM
Yup...my most loathed body part is my lower stomach.
Hanging, horrible, nastiness....ugghhhh :(

irishsarah
01-17-2009, 04:08 PM
After 4 very large babies (the last one only 6 months ago) and 125 pounds of excess weight, I'd have to say, to see that disgusting, hanging blob of a lower stomach disappear would be phenominal.

Of course, I have always loathed my thighs. Even when I was thinner. I'd be over the moon to see those puppies go, but I think that would require a bit of lipo.

Oh! OH! The fat that squeezes out under the bra. I HATE that. I can't wait for that to go!

HeatherMcG
01-17-2009, 04:11 PM
ditto to my "bottom-belly". It is so big, it needed its own name. lol

GO AWAY!

Glory87
01-17-2009, 04:11 PM
The part I would MOST like gone is my left outer thigh, it is noticeably bigger than my right outer thigh. Grrr.

The part that I lost that surprised me the most was my upper arms. I always thought I had HUGE upper arms and could never go sleeveless or strapless. I have very pretty arms now - it was a pleasant surprise.

MJSinMT
01-17-2009, 04:16 PM
ALL OF THOSE PARTS MENTIONED ABOVE AND MORE!!! I have them ALL!

anastasia
01-17-2009, 04:19 PM
yeah me too! i want rid of everything. from the fat bottom, to the belly, to the "dimple" on my ribs that separates my belly from the rib cage... ahhh the list is endless

autumns19
01-17-2009, 04:23 PM
My upper arms are massive right now, and I have a lot of fat on my belly. It's a tie for me.

Ten Years
01-17-2009, 04:37 PM
Sometimes when I look at my body parts as separate entities I am shocked at their immensity. My thighs, for example, are like tree trunks. The upper arms have really gotten away from me though... I would like those gone. Mostly though, I want the double chin gone. I want my face back.

RedPorcupine
01-17-2009, 04:39 PM
I STILL have big arms and I STILL have my belly. Blughh!

Nayex
01-17-2009, 04:43 PM
i have it all too.. but i have to say that the hanging belly thing is what bothers me the most. i can deal with a big Butt big thighs, large arms... even some back fat ( thats number 2 on the list) but this lower belly hanging apron thing.... part of its from pregnancy.. most of it is horrible eating.. ok all of it is horible eating who am i kidding :) i ate horible while pregnant.. LOL

if that, and only that left. i would be a differant person

gumboot
01-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Mine is a tie between my mammoth upper arms (ugh!) and my mammoth dimpled thighs. They are huge! They have gotten a bit smaller but I can't wait for them to dissapear completely!

RN BSN 2009
01-17-2009, 05:28 PM
the thunda thighs ! LOL

cfmama
01-17-2009, 05:34 PM
My lower tummy for sure. I CAN say though that since losing 65 lbs it's shrunk UP considerably ;)

GirlyGirlSebas
01-17-2009, 05:43 PM
My lower tummy for sure. I CAN say though that since losing 65 lbs it's shrunk UP considerably ;)
Oh please, please, please let that happen to me! The rest of my body parts are just much larger versions of the original, but that belly apron is unnatural.

girlonfire
01-17-2009, 06:08 PM
I completely agree with a lot of people here in that I want that hanging lower belly completely GONE! It is my least favorite and I'm super worried because my mom says the only way it'll go away is with a tummy tuck :(

joyra
01-17-2009, 06:39 PM
This question is difficult for me. The obvious answer at first was my saddlebags... but I've ALWAYS had saddlebags! Since like, junior high. I've learned to dress for them so they are disguised and they've been part of my life for like 15 years. To lose them would be to wake up a swan after years of being the ugly duckling!

That said... I haven't had my back fat, double chin and hanging belly very long... so when I look in the mirror, that's what I see that disgusts me and that's what I want GONE right now.

So do I choose the recent annoyances... or the lifelong disappointment? Hmmm.

Lovely
01-17-2009, 06:57 PM
Of all of my "extra" body areas. I think I'd prefer to lose my droopy belly fat.

It's gotten all jiggly and hangy. On one hand it's a good sign, meaning that I've gotten rid of a lot fat BEHIND that jiggly fat. On the other hand, it means I've still got jiggly fat to get rid of! :lol:

thistoo
01-17-2009, 07:33 PM
I have freakishly large upper arms. Forget bat wings, these are pterodactyl wings. I have a feeling they won't be going anywhere without surgery, but they have gotten a little smaller, thankfully.

Beautiful Ace
01-17-2009, 07:49 PM
My double chin, and my flabby arms.

Daimere
01-17-2009, 08:19 PM
Belly apron! I can deal with everything else, I think. I just hate it. The belly apron is the "mark" of a fat girl for me. Also, my mom has told me of people who's belly aprons were so big they affected their life.

ANewLife4Me
01-17-2009, 09:05 PM
I find myself chuckling as I am reading, ONLY because I can relate to everyone's posts. I am thinking... I have like four... lower belly, upper arms, thighs, butt!!!!! You know, when I start to lose, the first place that's always noticable to me is my fingers and toes. I'm thinking, "It's January....who sees my toes??? Couldn't ya have come off the 'ole butt instead???" I'll take it however I can get it, though. Gotta start somewhere! :dizzy:

time2lose
01-17-2009, 09:29 PM
Upper arms! I have it everywhere but my arms bother me the most. I could wear one size smaller if it wasn't for my arms.

2ndChance09
01-17-2009, 10:24 PM
ditto to my "bottom-belly". It is so big, it needed its own name. lol

GO AWAY!

Same here. I hate it!

georgiad
01-17-2009, 10:41 PM
The THIGHS!

My thighs have always been disproportionately large compared to the rest of my body, and while I feel you can hide a belly with a jumper or holding a pillow up to your stomach, thighs are hard to hide. I just want to wear nice trousers or a skirt which fits my thighs but doesn't need hemming or pinning at the waist.

When I have little thighs, I'm going to wander around my flat in my pants! Or little shorts! I want to be one of those girls at the gym who wears a little vest top and hotpants!

However, when I lose weight, the belly is always the first to go, and is really noticeable when it goes. Which accentuates my thighs. Awesome.

Beautiful Ace
01-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Omg... and my fingers!!!!!! I feel like I have such manly hands.... the hair on my knuckles doesn't help. I doubt others can notice it too much but i see it. GRR.

thistoo
01-17-2009, 11:48 PM
Upper arms! I have it everywhere but my arms bother me the most. I could wear one size smaller if it wasn't for my arms.

Me too. It's so frustrating.

nicki rose98
01-18-2009, 12:41 AM
I don't like the way my arms jiggle when I wave. I also hate my love handles. But numero uno is my stomach fat. This muffin top is disgusting and I hate being naked!!!! Just once I would like to make love with the lights on...or during daylight hours....and not feel self conscious the whole time.

LuvMyMr
01-18-2009, 12:57 AM
Mine are my inner thighs and the loose skin on my arms. I think only surgery will get rid of my loose arm skin but my inner thighs, I hate them now! They are still meaty even though I have lost a good amount of weight. I know I still have a ways to go but still they are so chunky!!! My stomach is probably my third best part because my waist is slimming down but my thighs seems to not move. I think when I loose more weight they will go away at least some!

xJox
01-18-2009, 01:47 AM
I would have to say all of the above. I have so many issues with my body.

When I first started this journey my back fat was what motivated me. I lost a considerable amt of weight, and fat disappeared. Now, I was never thin, but I lost alot of my fat on my back.

Ive gained back from 236 to 265. I can say my back fat really hasnt come back as much as I figured it would, but Ive gained it in my stomach. As if there wasnt enough there to begin with.

I still hate what back fat I have (still a considerable amt), but it is nothing as disgusting as my stomach. Its just nasty. I have this upper bag of fat and a lower hanging, drooping pouch too. Ugh.. its just gross. I have no signs of a belly button. 3 pregnancies cant be good on you, but being overweight to begin with didnt help either.

I dont love my big fat arms, but I can deal with them, no real issues with my legs either. My thighs are fatter than they were when I had lost more weight, but I can tolerate them too.

If I could just take a knife and slice off all this fat on my stomach and back Id be happy. We all know that isnt gonna happen. So maybe lots of exercise, eating right, and praying will help.

Coffee Luver
01-18-2009, 12:00 PM
A big :hug: all around!! I almost feel bad for starting this thread because it seems to have become kind of negitive. I have to say that even with the extra layer of fat I have (and I have what everyone has been talking about... the "bottom belly" :?:, and the huge upper arms, magically dissapearing/reappearing belly button, thighs that rub together when I walk, fat fingers) I still love my body!! I love it becuase it is mine and it has gotten me through all of these years. Sometimes I feel like I have undertaken a "home remodeling" project in my weight loss. I am just fixing up what is already there! :) Once I get to a healthy weight and fitness level I have every intention of having a tummy tuck. I really think that is the only way to get rid of that stretched out skin on my lower abdomen, even if I get all of the fat out, that skin is still perminantly damaged thanks to my darling son, and my poor health habits.
I know that it is SUCH a slow process, like moving a mountian of dirt one mile to the left... with a teaspoon! I know we all can do it though!!! :hug:

Thin4Good
01-18-2009, 12:34 PM
I would have to say all of the above. I have so many issues with my body.

When I first started this journey my back fat was what motivated me. I lost a considerable amt of weight, and fat disappeared. Now, I was never thin, but I lost alot of my fat on my back.

Ive gained back from 236 to 265. I can say my back fat really hasnt come back as much as I figured it would, but Ive gained it in my stomach. As if there wasnt enough there to begin with.

I still hate what back fat I have (still a considerable amt), but it is nothing as disgusting as my stomach. Its just nasty. I have this upper bag of fat and a lower hanging, drooping pouch too. Ugh.. its just gross. I have no signs of a belly button. 3 pregnancies cant be good on you, but being overweight to begin with didnt help either.

I dont love my big fat arms, but I can deal with them, no real issues with my legs either. My thighs are fatter than they were when I had lost more weight, but I can tolerate them too.

If I could just take a knife and slice off all this fat on my stomach and back Id be happy. We all know that isnt gonna happen. So maybe lots of exercise, eating right, and praying will help.

OMG this is exactly how I feel! I often envision slicing off that blob.

It was when I noticed the back rolls that I became truly motivated to lose weight. My stomach is disgusting. It has definitely improved though! I will be so happy if my belly button ever makes an appearance. It's so odd to me because I have never been thin but before kids I didn't really have issues with my stomach at all. It was always my thighs. I don't know if my stomach will ever look "normal" without surgery but I am going to try. DH says if I want a tummy tuck I have to get a job! I am actually pretty happy with my thighs right now. I guess it is the running.

Michelle98272
01-18-2009, 12:46 PM
1. My Tummy "Apron"-This actually disgusts me and I feel as if I'm some sort of a disfigured freak because I have it. YUCK Anything you have to lift to wash under is just plain wrong!

2. My Double Chin...this has actually gotten better since I lost 13 lbs but still I look like halloween pumpkin or that I have mumps or something.

3. My Back Boobs...Why can't the bra designers come up with something that "lifts and seperates" my back boobies that flop over the regular bra strap in the back. YUCK.

Bee20nine
01-18-2009, 12:49 PM
I would love to see the 3 inch ring of fat half moons itself on top of my belly button. I would look so much better in a lot of my smaller clothes if that would reduce itself or disappear.

3turkeys
01-18-2009, 01:15 PM
I would have to say the lower belly for me also and then the double chin!! I want it all gone!

Randi
01-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Hmmmm.... So many choices........

The kangaroo pouch has definitely got to go....

But, my thighs they are a close second.....

I really really wish I could buy a case of "Pouch and Thigh Be Gone"!

TJFitnessDiva
01-18-2009, 02:10 PM
Bat wings :) I hate them but I'm taking it all in stride, if it doesn't shrink to where I want when I hit my goal then it will be coming off in another way lol Dang extra saggy skin

TraceyElaine
01-18-2009, 02:33 PM
Hmmmm for me there are a few things. #1 on the list that gives me the most trouble and makes me most uncomfortable is the belly. I had 4 kids and it looks like all 4 of them are still in there lol. I think though even if I do...pardon me, even WHEN I do loose the weight I will have MAJOR loose skin there. Plus it's such an extreem opposit to what my belly used to look like. FLAT! I'm not a fan of my arms or my legs but the thing that drives me nutts besides my belly is that strange hump like gathering of fat at the top of my back between my sholder blades below my neck. WHAT IS THAT? Hate that.

On another note I hope my bum doesn't go anywhere. I like my bum. SO does my hubby. It's not realy that big in comparison to the rest of my. it used to be flat when i was thin now its kinda upside down heart shaped. But who knows.

Anyone else hope to keep a body part? Or am I the only nutt lol!

FB
01-18-2009, 02:41 PM
I hated my back fat so badly. At my heaviest I wasn't really happy with any aspect of my body - but the rolls on my back would actually cause pain at night. It ached, just so uncomfortable. I was painfully aware of it during the day when bending and twisting.

I never could pinpoint the day the back fat pain left. I remember realizing at one point that it hadn't hurt in awhile. I honestly burst into happy tears.

These days my back is a true source of pride for me. I work it out hard, there's not an ounce of extra anything on it. I've never thought on it too much - but that's likely the reason I push the back workouts so hard - that was my most hated area. My husband says my lower back has it's own six pack, that it has become that muscled. People who give me a hug pull away in surprise, usually exclaiming about how hard it is. That makes me so happy.

We WILL do it. It's all within our grasp.

2ndChance09
01-18-2009, 02:46 PM
I think besides my stomach which is my #1 dislike I really can't stand my arms. I have major bat wings, it is so gross. I am sure when I reach goal I will have some lose skin there but hopefully the bat wings will just be tiny bat wings as opposed to the huge wings they are right now lol.

QTestRDH
01-18-2009, 04:00 PM
This thread cracked me up! Only because I can relate so well!!

Mine would be a tie, DEFINITELY my lower stomach, Yuck! I hate that flab of fat. I haven't had children so I'm hoping mine will dissappear and won't be saggy floppy skin! *crosses fingers*. Secondly, my arms, ugh. I have such large upper arms, that fitted button down shirts won't fit my arms but fit my body! Its terrible! And unfortunately, its pretty genetic. My mom weighs 115lbs and still has pretty large upper arms! :(

lottie63
01-18-2009, 07:45 PM
My boobs need to shrink (H) most DEFINATLEY (major back pain and even for my size they are unproportationately large)

but I can live with them, so I guess I'd say my waist. It's the first place that I gain and the first place that I lose. I miss having curves in all the right places instead of all over the place :P

marimari
01-19-2009, 12:53 PM
1. My Tummy "Apron"-This actually disgusts me and I feel as if I'm some sort of a disfigured freak because I have it. YUCK Anything you have to lift to wash under is just plain wrong!

2. My Double Chin...this has actually gotten better since I lost 13 lbs but still I look like halloween pumpkin or that I have mumps or something.

3. My Back Boobs...Why can't the bra designers come up with something that "lifts and seperates" my back boobies that flop over the regular bra strap in the back. YUCK.

EXACTLY!! On all accounts! Bleh, those are my top 3 as well.

Trazey34
01-19-2009, 02:38 PM
I gain weight uniformly alllllllllllll over!!! so I just want layer after layer GONE!!! No one area really stands out, it's the ENTIRE landscape LOL

annie175
01-19-2009, 02:40 PM
Definitely the belly apron. Bleck!

Thighs Be Gone
01-19-2009, 02:42 PM
It would absolutely HAVE to be my thighs. My stomach is definitely going down but I want to have a tuck to pull it taut again.

H8cake
01-19-2009, 03:09 PM
I would love to have thin legs, but I never have had thin legs. Not since I was ten years old anyway. Oh how I hate the cellulite on them huge thighs! I'm making peace with them though, they are getting stronger under the cellulite. All the jogging is making the muscles harder. I am learning to focus more on health and fitness in my old age instead of hating my body so much. My lower stomach is never going to be right again without surgery, but I can cover that so I don't care as much about it.

lalique
01-19-2009, 04:00 PM
I can't wait to lose half of my body! (literally) I have a "bonus" half a body! lol

With that of course is my stomach (I hate it, I hate it, I hate it :mad: )

wannabealewis
01-19-2009, 04:05 PM
I hate my gutt, I can't wait until it's long gone. But boy is it hard to lose, its already 1/2 the size thought, so I am on my way to saying goodbye to it.

beautybooty
01-19-2009, 06:36 PM
it's a tie for me with my upper arms and double chin. i want them out of here!

LadybirdnFalcon
01-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Hello Everyone,

I have to admit my "bonus" body part is my fluffy marshmallow, jello giggling tummy. Oh, how I hate it so. :mad: I will be so glad to see that horrible beast go away.. I am so embarrassed.:o

My dog eats like a chow hound and doesn't gain an ounce!! Its a dog life...

lottie63
01-19-2009, 06:49 PM

http://www.unbelievabra.com/

see if they have that in yer size, my mom wears it and LOVES it.

Luvbean
01-19-2009, 07:08 PM
:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:This is hysterical!!! I could not have said it better myself!!!!:D

xJox
01-19-2009, 07:31 PM
http://www.unbelievabra.com/

see if they have that in yer size, my mom wears it and LOVES it.

Wow. I'd love one of those. Cant afford that price though.

jademarlene
01-19-2009, 07:32 PM
I have underarm boobs, you know when you lay down flat and they magically move to your sides :(

My stomach would be my bonus part I want to see get smaller.

xJox
01-19-2009, 07:34 PM
I have underarm boobs, you know when you lay down flat and they magically move to your sides :(

My stomach would be my bonus part I want to see get smaller.

I admit after BFing 2 kids... my boobs could use a little pick me up, but I actually like natural boobs. Oprah was talking about them on her show the other day. I cant remember what actress she was talking to, but she commented on how she loved the fact that she had natural boobs and during the love scenes of the movie, her boobs did what they were suppose to. ;)