Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 01-16-2009, 05:17 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Paul McKenna "I can Make you Thin"

I've been listening to him since Tuesday evening and I will say I'm eating less and indeed Thinking about food a lot less. Additionally I'm really relaxed and I'm an On or off person so I'm on but not ONN I definitely want to revisit some of his craving techniques but the hypnosis is kickign butt!
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:58 PM   #2  
I want the fully monty..

S/C/G: 240/check ticker/170

Height: 6ft

I totally agree. I've been doing it since Thursday and have noticed that I no longer obsess about food, eat so much less and don't get that bloated feeling.

I really think this plan is my calling.
xdominic89x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:56 AM   #3  

I've been at a loss for what to do about my weight. I got the book and read it in an evening. I haven't been listening to the CD much, but I love the idea of NOT DIETING EVER. I think that's the hardest thing to accept. I'm just not going to diet anymore. Imagine that! I've been dieting for at least 25 years, and now I can just stop.

I think I've lost some weight, but THAT DOESN'T MATTER. I've decided I only weigh myself on days that end in a "0", so I'll see what happens on the 30th. I'm really trying to focus on the letting go and letting it happen. Four rules...that's all.

<fingers crossed>
novachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 140lb/133lb/119lb

Height: 5'7

Hi All!

I'm new here!!

I have decided after reading Paul McKenna's "I can make you thin!" that this is the thing for me. After a history of eating disorders, I no longer want to be restricting myself and in the loop of dramatic restriction followed by starvation (I am now a healthy weight btw), followed by binging and compulsive eating. I just want to be healthy and trust food again. I was looking around his website and he says that the plan is perfect for people like me. So here I am writing to you guys for support and advice! I'm hoping you'll see a lot of me around here.

I started a few days ago, and what I found so great was not having to worry about the food that I put in my mouth. I was excited by the fact that I really wanted croissant for breakfast and could have it without feeling guilt. I hadn't eaten one for over 5 years!!! It tasted so good.

What I am finding difficult however, is the whole 'eat whatever you really WANT'. I'm finding that when I'm really hungry so that my stomach is rumbling, I often am not sure what I want. I can not really tell too well. Does anyone have any tips for pinpointing exactly what you want?

Thanks for any info!!!

Sally xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
SaneSally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 02:40 PM   #5  

The aversion techniques really got me from over eating dairy. Awesome stuff!
sleevedmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:59 AM   #6  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

I just got his book over the weekend and I think it holds great promise for me. I am following an intuitive eating path and have had a lot of trouble slowing my eating down even though I have been trying for months. Unfortunately the CD is not working but hopefully that will get fixed soon.

Sane Sally I have the same difficulty in general if I let myself get toooooo hungry. The only thing I know how to do is to not get there top begin with. Not much help maybe but I haven't found anything else tht works
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:22 AM   #7  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

I am interested in seeing how it goes for all of you! I watched his show last year when it was on weekly for I think 5 or 6 weeks. Each week he went through the next phase. I found it wonderful and tried to implement it, and was successful for a few weeks and then went back to overeating again. I am wondering if having the book & CD would help? I know many processed foods cause me to munch, so I don't know if I could eat 'anything' I wanted, but I certainly could reintroduce those homemade foods I love!

Let me know how it goes for everyone!
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:40 PM   #8  
Hanging in the Heartland

I have been listening to the CD for a couple of days now. I find it really relaxing and have definitely gotten back into the movement/exercise thing since I started listening. Inteseted to see how it will affect the weight and eating.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:19 PM   #9  
Hanging in the Heartland

How are people doing with this? I am curious to know. I have been listening to the CD for a little over a week and weighed myself Sunday. I am skipping my once weekly weighs for a couple of weeks as he suggestsand filling out the daily check list that he includes in the book. Any one else have anything to share on this?
Old 07-24-2009, 09:49 AM   #10  
Running Fool

S/C/G: 164/164/140

Height: 5'6"

Ok...I see the last post in this thread was in February. Is anyone still using Paul McKenna's program and if so is it working? I soooo want to believe it will.
Connie
OHCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote