Old 01-16-2009, 07:46 AM   #1  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

Default Losing weight too fast...

Now, first, I want to say... I am NOT complaining. In fact, it couldn't be further from the truth. I am thrilled with how things are going.

BTW- I did a search for this topic and couldn't find it, but I am sure there must be a thread or 2 out there. So I apologize if this has been asked before.

In 3 weeks on plan I have lost 9 lbs. I weighed myself this morning. I was so happy. I have never had a plan work so well for me. However, I know that the healthy weight loss usually averages between 1-2 lbs a week, or 10% of my weight a week. If that was the case, i should be losing about 1.5 lbs a week. I am currently losing at 2x that rate.

Now, I would assume that soon, my weight loss will slow down like weightloss always does, and this won't even be an issue. But just out of the chance that it doesn't slow down... should I be worried if I really do lose at that rate every week? Is that too fast to be healthy? Should I purposely try to do something to slow the weightloss down? I am not starving myself... I know better than that. However, I am not calorie counting either... just trusting my body to tell me how to eat. I am snacking in between meals whenever I am hungry, i am loading up on organic fruits and veggies, eating organic meats and nuts, and drinking so much water that I pee every 20 minutes at work. Should I be concerned? Or should I just celebrate every minute of it?

Just curious... thanks ladies. Hope you are all having a fantastic week!
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:54 AM   #2  
busty nerd

S/C/G: 210/206/133

Height: 5'5"

i usually lose about 5 lbs in the first couple of days when i start watching what i eat, i wouldn't think you have a problem. (i was 198 this monday and 193 by wednesday)
froggie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:20 AM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

You are just starting so your body is responding quickly- if you had more to lose it'd eventually slow down.

My sister needed to lose 10-15 lbs and lost it in like 2-3 weeks.

Losing 3 lbs a week isn't too much, it's still healthy- I've heard people say 1-3 lbs is okay.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Maybe increase your intake a bit, but just wait and see how it goes. You're right, it will probably slow down.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #5  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

If you are not tracking your calories, or servings, or grams...it's impossible for us to know if you are eating enough or not. You really should track it for a few typical days to make sure you are getting at least 1200 calories in. With your starting weight fairly low, (at least what I consider low) it seems that you just might not be eating enough but again unless you track it, you'll never know.

With that said, it is totally normal to lose faster at first. It is also normal to go a week or two without a loss and then have a big loss all of a sudden. I lost 3 pounds this week which many would say is too much...but I haven't had a loss since my 1-1-09 weigh in. So technically it averages to 1.5/week.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:28 PM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Lori you've given me some hope- right now I've worked my butt off and only moved down half a pound- I'm guess it has to do with water retention cuz it's that TOM.

I can't wait till next week starts! lol.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:48 PM   #7  
run4change

S/C/G: 307.6/184/196

It is normal to lose more than normal in the first weeks. I lost like 20 maybe in the first month. It will level out. My Dr. told me 2.5 lbs a week was ok. In my 130 lb loss, I averaged 2.5 lbs a week until I hit goal.. Your fine.
run4change is offline   Reply With Quote