General chatter - Taste Changing Berries

View Full Version : Taste Changing Berries

JoyfulVegGirl
01-16-2009, 02:19 AM
My mom sent me 10 of those berries you eat that make sour and bitter things sweet, as seen here (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/28/dining/28flavor.html). I'm so excited to try them! I was going to go to Sweet Tomatoes (a salad bar buffet) and try a little bit of each veggie to see how it tastes. I was also told to try lemons, hot sauce, and vinegar.

I'm going to write down some of my impressions, but if anyone has a suggestion for a food I should try then go for it! ;)

tamaralynn
01-16-2009, 09:25 AM
Whoa... crazy!

How about Apple Cider Vinegar - it's supposed to be good for many things!! It's harsh to drink it alone, BUT it's supposed to be great for your health!

Many people suggest mixing 2 tbsp of Apple cider vinegar with a squeeze of lemon in a cup of hot water to make like a "tea". But to me it's vile and and sour.

cbmare
01-16-2009, 01:04 PM
I read about those a while back. Did she send them to frozen?

I hope they'll come down in price.

Kitsey
01-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Hehe, the only reason I have any idea what these are is because they were on a recient episode of CSI:NY! :* I'd love to try one!

JoyfulVegGirl
01-19-2009, 12:23 AM
Ok, I was waiting for these to ship out and they just got here. Woohoo!

Tamara, I could never drink ACV plain either. It's funny, my mom's doing this as a kind of side business, trying to organize tasting dinner parties, etc, and she says it makes it much easier to eat healthier. I wonder if they'll start marketing them as health and weight loss aides once the price goes down a bit?

cbmare, I just got them and she actually sent them in tablet form. I think she got them at ThinkGeek (they sell in smaller quantities.)

I'll let you guys know as soon as I try one ;)