Old 01-15-2009, 06:23 PM   #1  

Default Vomiting during ELIMINATION phase of elimination diet?

Hi - I just started an elimination diet to detect food sensitivities. I began it Tuesday morning. Wendesday evening, I was violently ill. I never throw up. I had seven heaving bouts in a few hours.

Anyone have a clue what would cause this? I have listed the foods I ate over the two days below.

Also, what would you suggest I do now? Today, I have only had chicken and a few bites of pear...

Thanks for any input!

Tuesday: banana, chicken, cashews, scrod, white rice, broccoli, lettuce, onion, balsamic vinegar, walnuts, olive oil, garlic powder, mustard powder

Wendesday: chicken, carrots, hummus (olive oil, garlic, chick peas, lemon juice), banana, cashew butter, rice cake, rice milk, cashews, scrod, white rice, avocado, squash
baileyseg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:30 PM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I have no idea what foods cause vomiting when someone is allergic, but I would call your doctor. Are any of those foods foods you don't eat?

Also, this may be a stupid question so forgive me, but could you possibly have the flu? 'Tis the season...
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:32 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

That was my first thought, too...it could just be an unrelated stomach flu.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:33 PM   #4  

Default Thanks for your responses

The only new food was rice milk. Also, I eat humus a lot, but this was the first time I made it myself.

I was thinking that maybe I was just sick, but it was for such a short period of time...

Anyway, I made it through today fine so far....

Thursday - chicken, tuna, olive oil, garlic powder, chicken, pear, prunes
baileyseg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:18 PM   #5  
Math Tutor Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 330/309/150

Height: 5'9"

Maybe a mild case of salmonella? I could come from the chicken, but there are a lot of other places, too. Even your veggies can have salmonella if they are not handled properly when they are being harvested and packaged.
BelovedImzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:28 PM   #6  
brookypooh

S/C/G: 213/see ticker/120

Height: 5'6"

I know there was also a bout of ecoli that they were unsure where it was coming from I think they said that it may have come from broccoli but not sure if something else too. also the stomach flu can last for a short period of time 24 hrs or so sometimes less. And I agree that salmonella could be the cause to. I have never seen and allergy that makes you vomit like that but who knows. If you can maybe try eating the same foods you did one day that didn't make you sick and each day add one food from the day you got sick and see if it happens again. I know that doesn't sound like fun but thats the best way I know how to figure out if you have an allergy to it other then going back to you doctor! Good luck!
brookypooh is offline   Reply With Quote