General chatter - Check Out Real Celebrities!!!

View Full Version : Check Out Real Celebrities!!!

migotokokoro
01-15-2009, 05:31 PM
I want everyone to go to this site. Click on portfolio and choose any celebrity you want. The photo will be of a retouched picture, but if you hover over the image, it will show the actual image before it was retouched. See what REAL celebrities look like.

http://iwanexstudio.com/

They look like all of us!! :P
I just thought I'd share this to boost everyone's self esteem. ^_^

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Beautiful Ace
01-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Wow... I need that. Thank you. lol

migotokokoro
01-15-2009, 05:39 PM
^_^

urockmom
01-15-2009, 05:55 PM
Oh, snap.

That is what I need...retouching!!! ;)

lumifan4ever
01-15-2009, 06:00 PM
I could not believe the way they touched some of those photos up. Some of those women look awesome all on their own. We don't need them to make these woman look thinner than they are. What is wrong with the "industry"?? Sure, a little makeup and lighting touch up might be okay but seriously....changing the shape of an arm??? The thickness of a thigh or butt??? Really???? Did we need that?? No wonder we have such low self esteem. Wanting to look like any one of those women is impossible because they don't even look like that!!!!

Thanks for the link. That was very interesting.

Robin41
01-15-2009, 06:23 PM
I'd like the Kelly Clarkson treatment, please.

Horo
01-15-2009, 06:25 PM
My favorite is how Kelly Clarkson amazingly loses a good 20-30 lbs in about 2 seconds, when she looked fine to begin with. =O

IansGirl
01-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Ok. So. I'd like to point out that They made Lindsay Lohan's things bigger, Brittney Murphy's thighs bigger and added some not there curves to Eva Longoria and others. Yessiree, I needed that and thank you for posting Migotokokoro!

heather88
01-15-2009, 06:55 PM
That is kind of depressing . . . but it is the truth to what they do to these celeb's photos. They change their whole bodies including bone structures that are just plain unnatural!!

Slashnl
01-15-2009, 07:30 PM
That was amazing. It really puts it in perspective that what you see in magazines and on tv is so unreal. What is wrong with a few freckles??? Don't get that.

I was also thinking that wouldn't it be something if you could send in a photo of yourself and have them retouch it to show what you would look like if you lost the weight that you want to lose... would that be motivating? Or scary?

CousinRockingChair
01-15-2009, 07:41 PM
Those women are still waaay above average on the attractiveness scale than usual folks in their natural states, and thinner than the average woman too. Well aside from Clarkson, who looks quite normal.

DRose
01-15-2009, 08:19 PM
Wow, look what they did for Beyonce's stomach. I want that!

redreine
01-16-2009, 12:25 AM
My goal is to look like Kelly Clarkson PRE touch-up, kthnx. ;)

LandonsBaby
01-16-2009, 01:17 AM
You think it makes us feel bad (which I agree, it does) but imagine being THEM? I can't imagine how it would feel to take a photo then have someone change everything about you so yo are good enough. How sad.

LandonsBaby
01-16-2009, 01:20 AM
I think Cate Blanchett looks better in the before photo.

joyra
01-16-2009, 02:23 AM
Yes, some people definitely needed some better lighting.

Other than Kelly Clarkson & Beyonce, I think most people actually had weight added... Penelope Cruz got a thicker arm, Julia Stiles got a bigger back... I guess anorexic chic is out... seriously Julia Stiles looks a little emaciated in the back region in her untouched photo.

lizziep
01-16-2009, 02:52 AM
wow that was interesting.

i also thought cates before picture looked better.

Umberto
01-16-2009, 07:14 AM
That was great, i really needed that!

UrthWurm
01-17-2009, 11:35 PM
Wow, some of them look really scary before touch ups! And have you seen the arms & legs of most of those girls?! Holy crap. They look dead, they're so thin! I'm sorry, but this is not what I'm working towards. I want to be healthy, not sickly skinny. I wouldn't consider it a compliment if someone said, "Wow, you look like a corpse today. Have you been dabbling in deathly diseases again to lose weight? It really shows!!"

recidivist
01-17-2009, 11:57 PM
I think quite a few of the original photos look too gray and washed out. It's not just that they reshaped the bodies, or added a smoother skin tone. They added brightness and color that should have been in the original photos and wasn't.
Either the original photography was pretty bad, or it was deliberately touched "down" to make them look much worse than the finished product. No surprise, if it brings them more business. Some of the before pics looked like corpses.

But then, I'm pretty used to advertising being flat out misleading. I never expect the truth any more. Call me Jaded.

JulieJ08
01-18-2009, 12:24 AM
What a shame that the before photos aren't good enough. Real women look like that. The untouched photos would look beautiful if the fake ones weren't everywhere for comparison.

diamondinthedesert
01-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Wow! If only I could remember this every time I see a magazine and start being super hard on myself!

JackieRn
01-18-2009, 11:50 PM
The Kelly Clarkson one is just criminal her shape is fine as is. I just wonder how many fewer women would have issues if these magazines were more honest about what stars really look like. Halle Berry looks great either way.