Old 01-15-2009, 08:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

Default I must be doing it all wrong.

I ate (well drank) over my calories yesterday and didn't exercise the past 2 days and I'm bck down to 176. What the heck? I think I'm going to up my calories now beings I'm going to be running all day and not sitting at a computer (I posted in another post about not being layed off but I will have to change positions) and see what happens there. Why can't this whole ordeal be cut and dry instead of a stupid guessing game?

I'm going to see where I'm working today for sure and then change my daily plate and go from there. I WILL be doing a video, actually 2 because I have yo do my 30 DS from yesterday before I can do Turbo Jam, and things will get back on track. I'm just counting my blessings that I am back to where I was last Friday. Now lets hope for a loss of at least a pound by tomorrow. LOL! That's my weigh in day.
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:50 AM   #2  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

I've read a little about calorie cycling and a lot of people do it to boost their metabolism...so maybe you going over for a day or so has triggered that effect. I would go low for a day or so and then go back up again.
I guess that's my only advice....but I dont really COUNT calories anymore and I am doing better then I was when I was staying within a calorie range. Instead I am learning to eat when I am hungry and stop when I am full and eat ONLY certain healthy foods and in moderation. Its hard but stick with it
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:02 AM   #3  
Workin' It

Lynsey -
This has been very complicated for you, I'm sorry. Things don't always work the way the '3500 calories is a pound' math say they should! I don't think you are doing anything wrong. Your body is just getting used to a new routine.

I would guess that some of the water weight from the exercise change in the last two weeks has evened back out, so hopefully you will see some real loss this week.

Good luck! Hang in there and don't let it make you crazy.

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 01-15-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Lynsey, hang in there. You can so do this. I can't explain unexpected losses either. I had a huge binge on Monday--and I do mean HUGE and I dropped today.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote