Old 01-14-2009, 08:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

Default Lay offs today.........

They laid 17 people off at my job today. That's big because we are a small company. My husband I both work there and we both dodged the bullet. NOt only that but we've been down to 32 hours a week for 3 months and the ones of us who kept are jobs are going back to 40.

I don't keep the office job completely. I am going to work in the plant part of the time. That's ok. That means running lots and that helps my weight loss! And I got to keep my job!

The bad part, I went out with some of them that also got to stay to kinda have a little celebration. I went for 1 drink. Seriously..I took $12 with me. Well, I was given 2 more. That means without eating I'm over my calories. That's ok. I'm not stressing. Except the fact that my children need baths and I have a couple loads of laundry that need to be done so I can't do a video AGAIN. I knew I should've done one last night darn it.

I'm giving myself a free pass card though. And maybe I'm making excuses but I needed those drinks. It was a SAD day at work.

Tomorrow. I've already got the day planned and I will do better. I've got to keep my head up!
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:11 PM   #2  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Unfortunately, layoffs are going around everywhere. I was laid off the week before Thanksgiving. What a great gift!

My boss didn't even know that I was going to be let go, his boss (who's in another state) gave me the news. The worst part (other than being jobless) is that my boss and I had a great working relationship and we got along really well.

At least you dodged the bullet. I wouldn't let the extra drinks get you down, this was a "special" occassion and not something you do everyday (calorie wise). Just start fresh again tommorrow!
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Congrats on not getting laid off!

When i have laundry to do and no time for exercise i jump up and down and do some calf raises while standing
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

ya know what? It's not every day that a bunch of people get laid off at your job. While drinking isn't necessarily the best way to deal with emotions, it's probably just that you wanted to be around people you enjoy to ease the tension.

Give yourself the free pass. Maybe add 10 minutes of cardio at the gym or something, but otherwise don't worry
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/135/125

Height: 5'4

Congrats on keeping your job! The layoffs have been crazy lately. A plant around here just laid of 80% of their employees! I think it's OK to have a drink or two (or three) on special occasions as long as its not a regular thing. Keeping your job is definately something to celebrate. And like you said- you already have your day planned for tomorrow and you'll do better. I applaud you for that. Usually when I have an off day it turns into an off week (or two). And congrats on your loss so far!
OperationNewRegime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:02 PM   #6  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

You got me worried from the title... but that's great that you were not one of them! Congrats!
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:55 PM   #7  
I will do this.

I am so happy for you! It's okay about the drink - honestly I woulda done the same thing. Keep us updated about your job! You and your husband will be in my prayers
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:01 PM   #8  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

yay for not getting laid off! and its ok...I just had a couple of drinks myself...but I say I deserve them, so do you
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

Height: 5'4"

hooray for not being laid off! though i suppose it's really bittersweet news more than anything.

as for the alcohol thing, i think that is going to be one of my biggest challenges. i used to drink a lot. and often. i drink significantly less now, but it's still a reasonably important part of my life and social life and i could probably drink my entire calorie ration for the day in about 2 hours. when i was in college (and 15 lbs less) i went to a few weight watchers meetings but ultimately decided i must not be serious about losing weight because i wasn't willing to give up alcohol and 2 margaritas basically exceeded my points for the whole day. while i certainly don't drink margaritas anymore, i'm not sure how much has changed.
sws19 is offline   Reply With Quote