LA Weight Loss - Bizarre body changes... anyone else have these? others?




LittleMoonRabbit
01-14-2009, 07:25 PM
Hi ladies,

I have only been following this new lifestyle for about 3 weeks now. However, I am already experiencing some pretty crazy body changes. In case anyone is curious, I am trying to follow the advice of Sean from underground wellness. A friend of mine lost 50 lbs in 6 months following his advice, and he never once went to the gym. It's all pretty amazing, and I have to say, eating like I am, I am feeling fantastic. Down 6 lbs too...

So anyways, I am experiencing some strange (but not-bad) effects from this plan, and I think it's kind of strange. I am curious if anyone through their lifestyle changes have experienced these changes, especially in such a short time span (only 3 weeks on plan).

- Hot flashes and hyperness...I have had a few days where I will just be sitting in my office chair, and all of a sudden, I am burning hot. Today I had this happen, and I took off my sweatshirt, and was fanning myself with a paper plate. I live in NY, and right now, it's 10 degrees out. I wasn't even cold walking back to my car. I also felt super antsy and energetic... I feel like I could have run a marathon right then and there.

- Very noticeable decrease in cellulite. I have always had cellulite pretty bad... but all of a sudden, it's changing before my eyes. I have stood in the mirror poking and pushing my fat, trying to get it to look dimply... to no avail. Even my butt looks smooth (sorry if TMI). Cool... but really strange for only 3 weeks of eating right. Could it be all the water I am drinking?

- Super increase in sex drive. Like, before when I was eating whatever I wanted... I would think about sex, but never had much "oomph" to actually initiate. Now, I am crazy for my husband. I can't keep my hands off of him. I barely let him get out to door to go to work this morning... I don't know what's wrong with me, lol. It's all I can think about all day, from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed. We've been together for 8 years, and I have never been this bad. I am sure he doesn't mind... but it's all very strange how fast it hit me.

Is this all in my head? Last time I changed my eating habits... I ended up feeling like garbage. Now I am doing it with this new plan, and I feel like I am not even in the same body anymore. Isn't only 3 weeks in too early to be feeling such strong effects? Anyone else have any of these feelings as they were getting healthier?


Daimere
01-14-2009, 07:53 PM
When I worked at a summer camp, I'd log around 8000-15000 steps in a day. When we adjusted to the new school schedule, I started eating better. I didn't add exercise right away but I was so fidgety. With the better energy source(good food) and what I was used to over the summer, my body couldn't stand being seated. Once I started exercising, I stopped fidgeting.

brookypooh
01-14-2009, 08:05 PM
I went threw some changes changing my diet so drasticly I went from eating nothing but fatty foods to eating a ton of protein very little fat and staying with in my carb bounderies for my 1600 cal diet.
I started drinking 90 ounces of water and all of a sudden I started breaking out really bad peeing a ton being pretty exhausted from all the exersize and head aches but all of those things have started to subside.
Oh yeah and I have had increased sexual urges to lol (those have stuck around)!
I just think everyones body starts to go threw changes but can all be diffrent then others!
Good luck on your weight loss!


HealthPNut
01-14-2009, 09:37 PM
Wow! A decrease in cellulite that quickly is great! Who is this Sean from the underground? What kind of rules do you follow/ foods do you eat?

LittleMoonRabbit
01-14-2009, 09:59 PM
Wow! A decrease in cellulite that quickly is great! Who is this Sean from the underground? What kind of rules do you follow/ foods do you eat?

www.undergroundwellness.com is his website. He also has a YouTube channel. Pretty amazing stuff. Here is the breakdown:

- eat as many raw fruits and veggies as I want
- stick to all organic meats. Except- no pork.
- Eat lots of protein
- No pasteurized dairy (which means no milk, yogurt, cheese, etc unless it's raw from the farm)
- cook only with coconut oil (no other oils, because of it's high smoke point)
- drink lots of water (but never drink during meals)
- don't worry about counting calories or fat or protein... just eat when my body tells me to, how my body tells me to
- No high fructose corn syrup, sugar, honey... if I want to sweeten something, I use stevia
- avoid most packaged foods
- The best part... I just have to be good 80% of the time... I can use the other 20% for either 1 cheat day a week, or spread out over the week.

willow650
01-14-2009, 10:17 PM
tever I wanted... I would think about sex, but never had much "oomph" to actually initiate. Now, I am crazy for my husband. I can't keep my hands off of him. I barely let him get out to door to go to work this morning... I don't know what's wrong with me, lol. It's all I can think about all day, from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed. We've been together for 8 years, and I have never been this bad. I am sure he doesn't mind... but it's all very strange how fast it hit me.


Um, I have been having this one myself

willow650
01-15-2009, 10:58 AM
www.undergroundwellness.com is his website. He also has a YouTube channel. Pretty amazing stuff. Here is the breakdown:

- eat as many raw fruits and veggies as I want
- stick to all organic meats. Except- no pork.
- Eat lots of protein
- No pasteurized dairy (which means no milk, yogurt, cheese, etc unless it's raw from the farm)
- cook only with coconut oil (no other oils, because of it's high smoke point)
- drink lots of water (but never drink during meals)
- don't worry about counting calories or fat or protein... just eat when my body tells me to, how my body tells me to
- No high fructose corn syrup, sugar, honey... if I want to sweeten something, I use stevia
- avoid most packaged foods
- The best part... I just have to be good 80% of the time... I can use the other 20% for either 1 cheat day a week, or spread out over the week.

Coconut oil is great, but grape seed oil has an even higher smoke point. I cook with both oils.

brookypooh
01-15-2009, 04:45 PM
I have heard coconut oil help with weight loss what do you ladies think?

HealthPNut
01-15-2009, 07:25 PM
Thanks! That doesn't sound that bad... I might try it! :)

willow650
01-17-2009, 07:41 PM
http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/organic-coconut-oil/health-benefits-of-coconut-oil.html

tiklmipink
01-17-2009, 10:07 PM
I have read some articles about coconut oil and dieting. I think that it is a medium-chain fatty acid (and there are others, but I can't name them). It's something about the way the body breaks them down. I thingk it takes longer to break them down and you actually use more calories to break them down than they actually contain.

Suzanne 3FC
01-17-2009, 10:25 PM
The heart association says it's still better to avoid coconut oil because the cons outweigh the pros. Even natural product proponents such as Dr. Weil say to avoid it. There seems to be a lot of hype out there perpetuated by the coconut oil industry and certain websites that have financial stakes in the product. I personally prefer to be cautious and will avoid it.

There's my cynical thought for the day :lol:

LittleMoonRabbit, what you are describing sounds very familiar to me. I went through a period several years ago where I was addicted to exercise and experienced most of what you described. Are you exercising a lot?

Rif
01-18-2009, 10:03 AM
I would put down all of the changes (not sure about the cellulite) to changes in your metabolism and hormones due to your change in diet. You might track when the hot flashes occur to see if they happen a few hours after you've had a heavier meal. I know if I eat a higher calorie meal than normal at night, I will wake up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat, which is the only time this happens. At first I thought this was a true menopausal hotflash (I'm not quite old enough for this yet), but I figured out that the only time it happens is when I eat more than usual in the evening, so I assume that it's related to metabolism.

The sex drive changes I'd assume are associated with changes in hormones due to your changed eating patterns.

Thighs Be Gone
01-18-2009, 11:39 AM
I absolutely adore coconut oil. I use it in my hair and on my skin. In fact, I just posted about it last night. I haven't heard about it's weightloss benefits. I do drink coconut water (fresh only) when I can get my hands on it. Many cultures swear by it's properties for health so I certainly wouldn't doubt it could help in weightloss too. It does have 13 grams of fat per tbsp. but of course, that isn't necessarily a total deterrant.