100 lb. Club - Back to try again!

View Full Version : Back to try again!

howie6267
01-14-2009, 06:59 PM
I have been struggling the past 3 years with keeping this weight off. I have gained 80 lbs back and I am miserable. I keep thinking why can't I get back on track? What is different? Well I know one thing is that I have not been coming here and giving plus getting help. So here I am, all 325 lbs of me. I look forward to seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones.

Randi
01-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Welcome back!! :hug:

leure
01-14-2009, 07:18 PM
I hear ya, it can be brutal! Who else understands but others like us. You just can't explain it to people who don't have weight issues. Have faith, keep strong you will get there and so will I
Lisa

S.A.S.H
01-14-2009, 07:39 PM
:wave: Welcome back! I hope posting here will help you keep it off this time. Either way we will always be here for ya. Looking forward to seeing you around the boards. :hug:

Sandi
01-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Howie!! :hug: Glad to see you my friend!! We are here for you!! :)

seashell
01-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Hi Howie,
I remember you from a few years back. Around 2004 I think. You were such an inspiration to me. Glad to have you back, I could use a little inspiration right about now.

Love the pic!!!!

nelie
01-14-2009, 07:43 PM
howie, welcome back, you were missed :hug: We are here for you!

cfmama
01-14-2009, 07:52 PM
Welcome back! I look forward to getting to know you :)

rockinrobin
01-14-2009, 09:17 PM
Hey there Howie. Glad you are back. You've lost the weight before - you CAN do it again. Without a doubt.

gumboot
01-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Glad to have you back! I look forward to getting to know you. We are here for ya!

Daimere
01-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Welcome back!

famograham
01-14-2009, 09:37 PM
:cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

WooooHOoooOOoo!!!!
There's my friend Howie!!! It's wonderful to see you, you've been horribly missed!

I'm so glad to see you back..now we've just got to work on Kimberley!!
I don't care if you're losing, or maintaining, or gaining...you guys are deeply loved and missed!

:hug:
Linda

howie6267
01-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I think Kimberley has been lurking about. I'm sure she will be around too.

xJox
01-14-2009, 11:56 PM
Welcome back. Gaining the weight back is alot easier than losing it. We all know that. I managed to gain back some myself from 236 to 265. I totally agree that this place helps keep me motivated as does blogging. When I start slacking with my blog, I start eating more. Good luck on your journey. Cant wait to get to know you better.

lalique
01-15-2009, 12:03 AM
Welcome back! :D

autumns19
01-15-2009, 12:39 AM
Welcome back! :D

nicolen
01-15-2009, 01:09 AM
Welcome back, Howie!

Gardenwife
01-15-2009, 02:22 AM
After all the hooplah back "in the day" when we were really on it, it makes me feel like a failure and embarrassed for people to even know what I had been down to before. Aaargh. But try again we will.

Yes, so here I am. I guess Howie and I will get back to being Howberly / GardenHo. ;)

wchs2007
01-15-2009, 07:39 AM
Welcome back.. I remember you when I was here my last time around..
I gained most of mine back so I am starting over again.. Hopeful for the last time..

hautbois
01-15-2009, 09:19 AM
It's good to see both of you again. I just came back myself. It took me a while to come back too. I'm heavier now than when I first joined after having a couple kids. But hopefully together, we can all get back on track, stay accountable and start losing some inches. :D

170starting
01-15-2009, 09:26 AM
Welcome back!!!!!! I look forward to knowing you!!! :)

slimmingsi
01-15-2009, 09:50 AM
glad you could make it ;)

howie6267
01-15-2009, 10:03 AM
I couldn't let you be the only man around here.

nelie
01-15-2009, 10:03 AM
welcome back kimberley!! You are nothing remotely related to a failure. We all have our struggles. Maybe you guys need us :) We are here for you and will be at every step of the way.

Jen415
01-15-2009, 10:23 AM
I am thrilled to have you both back! You have been missed!

And forget all that failure crap. The only time you fail is when you stop trying.

Welcome back, Howberley!!

howie6267
01-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Thanks Jen!

ChocLabLover
01-15-2009, 12:57 PM
:welcome3: back Howie and Kimberley!! First of all I can completely relate to how you feel. I have been there where I have a lost weight (around the 80 lbs range as well) and gained it back plus more (on more than one occasion). :hug: I know you feel. But, you also know you CAN do this again. It seems daunting, but it can be done. We are only human and life gets in the way, it happens. You will get your "click" back, that is a promise.

Pandora123a
01-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Welcome Howie! I'm new since your first time around but I look forward to getting to know you and lending (and receiving) some support. Your achievement is awesome, and unlike so many of us (um me) you managed to stop the gain before you got back to your original starting place. That's terrific!

howie6267
01-15-2009, 05:50 PM
Thanks, I can't stand the thought of getting any bigger so I know there is only one thing to do. It feels really good to be back and doing something proactive.

Stepping Out
01-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Welcome back! It's good to 'see' you again :carrot: :cb::broc:

Gardenwife
01-16-2009, 01:35 AM
Thanks, everyone!

One day down! :)

Still working at the coffee shop and have not nibbled on junk or sipped the sugary goodness.

slimmingsi
01-16-2009, 03:30 AM
its not sugary goodness its the forbidden apple. fruit is sugary goodness ;)

DishyFishy
01-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Hey, you two! :wave: Great to see you both back.

I gained back every single one one of the 70 ponds I'd lost, so I have an inkling of how you might be feeling. :o :rollpin: :mad: But, we're in the right place to get back on track. :yes: There aren't that many people who don't have a hiccup or two on their way to a healthy weight.

Congrats on your first day down! :woohoo:

SuchAPrettyFace
01-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Welcome back, H-man!!! :) You have a lot of info to share, glad you are here.

Gardenwife
01-17-2009, 11:55 PM
its not sugary goodness its the forbidden apple. fruit is sugary goodness ;)

Well, that's true.

So far, so good. Down 3 pounds since January 9. Yahoo! :carrot:

activeadventurer
01-22-2009, 05:19 AM
Hi Howie and Kimberly,

It is great to see you are both here. I always found the 2 of you very inspiring. It is also great to see that DishyFishy and SAPF are still posting. Let's go lose some weight!!!

Denise

recidivist
01-22-2009, 05:32 AM
Welcome back. Gaining the weight back is alot easier than losing it.And a lot more fun! ;)

I'm hearing a recurring theme here. A lot of people were successful here, then left and gained their weight back (all or some)...so just a question. Why did you leave?

I lost weight and then gained it back and wondered if a support group might not help me get it off again and learn how to keep it off, but now I'm starting to wonder if this isn't supposed to be a support and accountability group for life...to make sure we stick to our maintenance after we've gotten the weight off. After all, I'm not the only one who successfully got it off once before.

So...I'm thinking I'm going to be hanging around here for a long time (if you all can stand to have me)...even after I think I don't need this anymore.

Anyway...welcome back you two and it will be nice to hear your new success stories and motivation while getting to know you.

howie6267
01-22-2009, 08:19 AM
For myself I just got out of the habit of coming here and was tired of talking food and weight all the time. But you can see what happens when I don't talk food and weight. So I guess I just need to make it a part of my life and when I get to goal I can still hang out and try and help others.

futuresurferchick
01-22-2009, 10:28 AM
Well Howie, you've kept about 165 lbs off for 3 years. That's one huge accomplishment! I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling, but it's phenomenal what you have achieved so far!

Jen415
01-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Howie: You hit it on the head for me. I got sick of talking about weight (it has always been an issue in some way or another). I was tired of "obsessing" about food and weight. But I now know that in order to be successful it HAS to always be in the forefront of my mind.

Some things just HAVE to be....

Nada
01-22-2009, 10:44 AM
Welcome back. I hear you on the regain thing--everytime I think I have it down pat and ease up I find myself regaining. Sometimes it irks me that I will have to be vigilant about this forever--I wish I could just put it all behind me and never think about it again. BUT I remind myself that everyone has some kind of challenge; I can just HOPE this is as difficult as it gets.

Gardenwife
01-23-2009, 08:25 AM
Thanks, guys. :) You all encourage us a great deal, too. It's so good having these boards for the friendship and information as well as the accountability.

Do you think the sober alcoholic reaches a point where she doesn't need to think about where she's been and where she could easily end up if she indulges "just this one more time"? Does a drug addict? Perhaps, but not typically.

Our struggle is no different, only our addiction is something can never just quit cold turkey if we want to live. :shrug: We must talk about it, reason out our choices, plan for it, and wrestle our emotions into submission on a daily basis if we're to succeed.

Jen415
01-23-2009, 08:39 AM
Thanks, guys. :) You all encourage us a great deal, too. It's so good having these boards for the friendship and information as well as the accountability.

Do you think the sober alcoholic reaches a point where she doesn't need to think about where she's been and where she could easily end up if she indulges "just this one more time"? Does a drug addict? Perhaps, but not typically.

Our struggle is no different, only our addiction is something can never just quit cold turkey if we want to live. :shrug: We must talk about it, reason out our choices, plan for it, and wrestle our emotions into submission on a daily basis if we're to succeed.

Well said, Kimberley!

chick_in_the_hat
01-23-2009, 10:07 PM
:welcome2: back Howie and Kimberly!!

I used to think of having to track what I eat for the rest of my life as a big bummer...but after a while it just becomes another thing you just do. Not very exciting but necessary. The alternative seems to be going back to where I was...I'm trying to make sure that never becomes an option.

Sorry to hear you are struggling..but on the flip side, thanks for the reminder.

KristasMom
01-27-2009, 11:08 AM
Howie and Kimberly

Glad you came back - I've been back for several months, and it does help.

Sea
01-29-2009, 02:13 PM
Howie and Kimberly -- So good to "see" you again. You are leaders, encouragers, and we missed you. Together we'll retake those successes we know from experience that we can!

Gardenwife
02-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Thanks for your encouragement! :hug:

I need it...Was up 2 pounds this week because of some poor decisions. I'm struggling with staying on it, but when I get over the initial hurdle, I'll do better. I just have to keep trying! :)

Nori71
02-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Welcome back to both of you! I remember you also - I've been off again, on again on this board - and you've both been so encouraging! Coming back and recommitting doesn't change that!

famograham
02-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Howie and Jen,
I SO know what you mean about getting tired of it all! I think that's what gets me almost every time. The counting, the talking about it, the obsessing....I find that I lose my focus when something else comes to the forefront that I need to obsess over!