LA Weight Loss - I'm new & looking for others who eat EVERY 3 HOURS

delafax
01-13-2009, 06:26 PM
I have done this in the past and it works for me. By eating every 3 hours I lost over 50 pounds in 2007. My mother became ill and died in 2008 so needless to say I gained weight.
I began eating every 3 hours again on Jan 1, 2009. As of today I have lost 8 pounds. I have been on "diets" during my life and that's what they were..diets.
I have searched the forums and haven't been able to find an area for people who eat every 3 hours. Is there a place? If not, I would like to meet others who are losing weight by increasing their metabolism by eating every 3 hours.
Thanks,
Marge

Snoopysgirl
01-13-2009, 08:00 PM
I have lost weight in the past through a method similar to this.

Redneck Charger
01-16-2009, 06:58 AM
This is the way I am trying to diet this time around.. I'm trying to eat smaller amouts every three hours. And eating foods which are good for me. Seems to be working, started 2 weeks ago this sunday. Haven't got a scale, but measured my stomach when I first started, it was 48" and then last sunday it was 46".. So something is working.. Having a bit of a hard time with life right now.. but trying.. ;)

Beautiful Ace
01-16-2009, 07:09 AM
Wooh, back on the wagon and read to go. I haven't tried this specifically but my diet pretty much runs in cycles of three hours give or take, and i've lost 20-22 lbs thus far!!

Redneck Charger
01-16-2009, 07:18 AM
Wooh, back on the wagon and read to go. I haven't tried this specifically but my diet pretty much runs in cycles of three hours give or take, and i've lost 20-22 lbs thus far!!

Then.. there's hope.. Good Luck to ya...:hug:

beerab
01-16-2009, 03:49 PM
I try my best to do the same thing- in my food journal I write the time I eat, what I eat, and the calories. Overall I get in something every 3-4 hours.

I have heard of the "three hour diet" before though- before I used to go 6+ huors without eating- BAD BAD BAD!

Beautiful Ace
01-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Then.. there's hope.. Good Luck to ya...:hug:

You too! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

migotokokoro
01-17-2009, 01:55 AM
Well this is day four of eating every three hours. I've been doing alright and avoiding my food cravings for the most part. I at least haven't gone on any crazy binges. I have snacked, but I still managed to avoid eating a large portion and I avoided CHOCOLATE!!! ^_^ This is day two of no sweets at all. No chocolate, candy, ice cream. Nothing at all. It's exciting that I've done this. I'm going to start weighing in every Saturday morning from now on. So the morning of day five... I doubt I've lost anything... :P It seems like I've hit a 200lbs platue ever since I got this large. If I can get past that 200lbs mark I'm sure the lbs will start coming off easier.

Anyways, GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Redneck Charger
01-17-2009, 08:50 AM
Well this is day four of eating every three hours. I've been doing alright and avoiding my food cravings for the most part. I at least haven't gone on any crazy binges. I have snacked, but I still managed to avoid eating a large portion and I avoided CHOCOLATE!!! ^_^ This is day two of no sweets at all. No chocolate, candy, ice cream. Nothing at all. It's exciting that I've done this. I'm going to start weighing in every Saturday morning from now on. So the morning of day five... I doubt I've lost anything... :P It seems like I've hit a 200lbs platue ever since I got this large. If I can get past that 200lbs mark I'm sure the lbs will start coming off easier.

Anyways, GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Well you are nearly there.. keep up the good work.. good luck!:carrot:

delafax
01-17-2009, 01:16 PM
Hello All,
As of today I have lost 10.6 pounds since Jan 1, 09. I am doing great at eating every 3 hours and I feel like I am eating too much everyday but the weight is coming off.
I have not restricted any foods. If I want it I eat it. I discovered long ago that if you restrict a food then you end up craving it and in the long run you end up eating it and ususally way too much of it and then there goes all of your hard work. ( Wow - that was a run on sentence lol)
Sometimes I also drink a cup of hot tea 15-20 minutes before a meal. It helps to make me feel full.

Redneck Charger - How often do you weigh yourself?

Beautiful Ace - So how many meals do you have a day? I end up having 5.

Beerab - I can't wait to get my ticker.. I like yours.

Migotokokoro - I found out about a chocolate bar that is suppose to be ok to eat and from what I hear it tastes good too. As soon as I find it I'll let you know. I think Trader Joe's carries it.

migotokokoro
01-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Well... My body keeps fluctuating... I am like 206-207lbs... It's been doing this for weeks it feel like... I may just go get a cup of coffee or something then have breakfast.

I've heard that dark chocolate is better for you than regular chocolate because they put less sugar in it. :P I like dark chocolate, and I have to eat it slower. I can't chew it because it's bitter, but sucking on dark chocolate is really good.

delafax
01-17-2009, 10:36 PM
Yes, try drinking some hot tea before your meals. I eat less after drinking it.

Well I went to Trader Joe's today and they did not have the chocolate bar I was looking for. I also stopped at a local co-op that has organic foods etc and it was there. It's a dark organic chocolate. It's too late tonight for me to try it so I will probably have some tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think of it then I'll tell you the name of it.

heather88
01-17-2009, 10:40 PM
Yes, I eat every 2-3 hours:
1. To keep myself full, and not craving naughty things
2. To make sure I reach my calories for the day
3. To keep my metabolism constantly working.

I've lost 10lbs since dec.26, and its the first "diet" I've ever been able to keep up with.

delafax
01-17-2009, 11:23 PM
Heather88 - Ten pounds is great!! Do you find that eating every three hours helps to stop binge eating episodes?

heather88
01-17-2009, 11:31 PM
Well, if I forget to snack on healthy things in between meals I have cravings for some really bad stuff, and it is hard to overcome if at all. So, I think that eating every 2-3 hours is important to keep from binge eating and eating bad foods.

nicki rose98
01-18-2009, 12:46 AM
I don't purposely do this...like watching the clock. But I do eat six small meals a day which breaks up to about the same.

delafax
01-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Nicki
Is that how you are losing weight - by eating 6 meals a day? Have you done this before to drop weight?
People stress eating 3 meals and 2 snacks but I found that doesn't work for me. I spread my food intake for the day out evenly into 5 meals. I don't count calories or anything but just making healthier choices. When I had a salad yesterday I ate a wheat roll instead of white.

migotokokoro
01-18-2009, 03:47 PM
I've been eating every three hours for four days now and I've lost a total of four pounds so far!! ^_^ I haven't had any candy, chocolate, ice cream, none of it! Four whole pounds! ^_^I'm four pounds more from being under 200lbs!! I haven't been under 200lbs for months now and this is very exciting to me. ^_^_^_^_^_^

delafax
01-18-2009, 05:38 PM
Migo - Wow so eating every 3 hours seems to be working for you!! I bought that chocolate bar I was telling you about. It's 3.5 oz and cost over $2.50 or so. It's organic and is a dark chocolate. To my surprise it's not bad!! So my idea is if I do crave chocolate I will just have a small piece. (Not because of the calories but because of the cost) It's called Green & Blacks.
Keep up the good work!

michelle7
01-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Yes, I eat every 2-3 hours:
1. To keep myself full, and not craving naughty things
2. To make sure I reach my calories for the day
3. To keep my metabolism constantly working.

I've lost 10lbs since dec.26, and its the first "diet" I've ever been able to keep up with.

Those are my reasons too! I have lost almost 50 pounds since last May doing this. Love it because I am constantly eating!

bargoo
01-18-2009, 08:14 PM
I also do the 3 hour thing, breakfast, snack,lunch, snack. dinner, snack, This keeps me from becoming ravenous and eating anything that doesn't move.

delafax
01-18-2009, 10:32 PM
bargoo - I see you have been a member since 2006. So is there a forum or area on 3FC that is specific for people who eat every 3 hours? I am new to this site and haven't seen one yet.

bargoo
01-18-2009, 11:42 PM
I don't know of a forum especially for those who eat every 3 hours but I know many who do, they are scattered around in different forums.

Redneck Charger
01-19-2009, 06:00 AM
Redneck Charger - How often do you weigh yourself?

Hi.. I don't have a scale yet.. But do measure myself once a week with a tape measure.. Started 2 weeks ago yesterday, started with a waist measurement of 48.. and right this moment it is..46" So I have lost 2" in two weeks..;)

lumifan4ever
01-19-2009, 04:47 PM
I'm sure there are lots of people who eat every 2-3 hours. I'm a calorie counter and i eat every 2-3 hours. I have my breakfast between 8:30 and 9am. I have a snack around 11:30-noon, i have lunch at 1pm. Then another snack around 4:30-5pm...then i go home and have dinner around 6:30-7pm. I find that if i have snacks in between my meals, i don't get that starving feeling. But i try to make sure they are healthy, filling snacks but low in calories. My meals are usually high in protein too. I love egg white omelets w/fat free cheese and a slice of deli turkey...lunch is a can of albacore tuna and sugar free pickle cubes and dinner is usually some sort of chicken. I have yogurts and bannanas and low fat popcorn as my snacks alot of times. I eat around 1200-1300 calories a day and drink 60-80 ounces of water a day. I drink 2 travel mugs of coffee a day too. I use splenda and sugar free creamers. I just started back on my "diet" and i'm not getting any excersize at the moment, so it's a little slow going. But i have done this successfully twice before and lost 63 pounds. Now, i am back to drop the 24 i put back on from being careless and hopefully drop just a couple more and be at my goal.

flatiron
01-20-2009, 07:42 PM
I think you'll find a lot of dieters or people trying to lose weight will eat smaller and more frequent meals.

When I was at my biggest I ate only two times a day many times. No breakfast then a big lunch which would make me not hungry until late like after 7 or 8pm and by then I was starving and I would eat a HUGE meal.

I work for myself so I kinda keep a weird schedule but I probably eat about every 4 hours with two snacks in between where ever I need them.

So far it is working for me.

I have roamed all over this site and I have not seen a forum just for people who eat every 3 hours.

Macomom
01-21-2009, 08:51 AM
I also eat every 2-3 hours. I also use a technique called "front loading" where I eat my big meal at breakfast or lunch and taper off. My supper is usually really light. I find this is effective for me and works with the natural timing of my body. If I don't eat small frequent meals I get some unpleasant symptoms like headaches and issues with my vision (I am hypoglycemic).
I have also started removing all sugar, and most processed carbs from my diet, getting most of my carbs from fruit and veg. I feel so much better and my mood and energy have also levelled out preventing me from feeling starved.

Bev
01-21-2009, 10:58 AM
I have also looking for a thread for others who are eatting everyone 3 hours to lose weight.

mamabear
01-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Hey eveyone I am new at this whole 3 hour thing but I am so ready started tues. but have been going to the gym every day for an hou atleast so here I go

delafax
01-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Well since there doesn't seem to be a thread for people who eat every three hours I guess this can be it. I've received PMs from a few people who either do this as their plan or eat every three hours incorporated into their "plan" Whatever the case may be for someone, I think the main idea to eating every three hours is to keep your metabolism running. I used to feel ups and downs ( I guess from my sugar levels) but I haven't had that feeling since I started eating ever three hours.
Oh yeah..this morning I was able to put on a pair of pants that I haven't been able to wear since 2007.
Mamabear - I haven't started working out yet but I plan to get a Bowflex soon. The gym is too far for me to go to.
Redneck - two inches..that's GREAT!!! Way to go!

Bev
01-21-2009, 09:50 PM
I started eatting every three hours today and I was suprised I didn't have any really cravings for junk food. Today was my cardio day so that is done. Tomorrow I will have a long day at work so I have to make sure I make enough food.

Bev

nicki rose98
01-22-2009, 12:18 PM
Bev- I have the same problem when I have long days. LOL. I have to pack my entire fridge! LOL. But I don't find myself so hungry

delafax
01-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Bev - How are you doing with eating every three hours? I've been doing it since Jan 1st and I can't believe how much more energy I have.

Bev
01-23-2009, 10:00 PM
Bev - How are you doing with eating every three hours? I've been doing it since Jan 1st and I can't believe how much more energy I have.

I am doing pretty well eatting every three hours. It really has helped with my cravings. I believe this is something I can really stick with.

Bev

delafax
01-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Hello Everyone,
Just checking in to see how everyone is doing? I am amazed how I don't have cravings and I haven't overeaten or binged since I started eating every 3 hours.
I'm eating 5 meals during the day when I work and then on the weekends I manage 4 meals. I like to sleep late on Sat and Sun.
I have lost almost 15 pounds. I should be able to put a weight ticker in my signature line soon....can't wait.

Platinum
01-26-2009, 08:04 PM
delafax that is awesome. do u keep track of calories or do u just eat whatever every 3 hours. I am going to try this as all my other 'diet' attempts have failed. I do get really hungry because i go too long without eating. I am also having energy problems and feel tired and unmotivated. How soon did you notice the increase in energy? I just always forget to eat... maybe I should get a watch with a beeper on it. Good luck just 10 more and you'll be under that 200 mark!!!!

delafax
01-26-2009, 08:30 PM
I don't count calories or anything. I have tried "diets" in the past and lost weight but then put it back on and then some. I feel like I am basically eating the same amount of food but just spreading it out throughout the day. Of course I am more mindful of what I am eating. But...I am not pigging out, eating too much or binge eating anymore because afterall I eat every three hours. I did switch from Coke to Coke Zero. I am also drinking hot tea. I'd rather drink hot tea than cold water right now. That's the only changes to what I eat I have made. I haven't exercised yet but plan to start in a month or two.
Within one week - I noticed I had more energy, feel better and my mood is better. I don't need a nap after work anymore. The absolute best part is I feel like I eat plenty and this is something I CAN do for the rest of my life.
One more thing I noticed..it has evened out my sugar or insulin levels and I don't feel the ups and downs like I used to feel after eating a meal. Seems like I would crash and the only way to feel better was to eat again.
I eat breakfast at 7am, lunch one at 10am, lunch two at 1pm, dinner one at 4 pm and dinner two at 7pm. I think too much about food to forget about eating..LOL

nicki rose98
01-27-2009, 12:13 AM
i don't like to say i'm "dieting". i am involved in a lifestyle change. how i am eating now is how i plan to eat for the rest of my life. healthier choices and exercising to take care of myself. it is always good to eat many small meals throughout the day.

Platinum
01-28-2009, 02:11 AM
darnit, i didn't do it today... i'm so lazy... I have food in my fridge but I just wander into the kitchen don't want to make anything and wander out than was so hungry later I ate a whole Totino's pizza. duh, I need to make a super conveinent grocery list so when I stock up I can have pre portioned foods ready to go and my lazy butt won't have an excuse. I did this one time and got the individual portion veggie packs, apple slices, fruit cups, yogurt, even single portion chips to go with my premade sandwhiches or whatever my meal is. I have read so many times about eating smaller mini meals and you will lose weight. I usually just eat 2 big meals a day, but I guess I do snack and munch on crap too.

I am going to start making a conscious effort to eat every 2-3hours 5-6x a day. I usually don't wake up till 10, I work 2nd shift... so I will try to eat at 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm & 10pm. Hmmm... maybe I'll have to adjust that a little for 6 meals. Or I'll just start trying to get in 5 and then add a 6th mini-meal after I get used to doing this. I really need some energy, I've just been draggin at work and I'm worried about my performance.

I like that idea of calling it Lunch 1 & 2... reminds of LOTR when the hobbits are talking about 2nd Breakfast. Hee-Hee! I'll have my 1st Breakfast, My 2nd Breakfast, My 1st Lunch, My 2nd Lunch & My Dinner!!! :) Maybe if I think about it like that it will be 'funner' to eat and plan my meals, cuz I usually dread it and get frustrated and just eat whatever.

Redneck Charger
01-28-2009, 09:53 AM
Still eating five times a day.. sumtimes 6.. and haven't had any junk food, fast food.. and feel so much better.. this Sunday will be a month.. I'll let you know what I am down to...:dizzy:

Bev
01-28-2009, 10:57 AM
I am also still eatting every 3 hours. I can't say i have not had any junk food though. That is someting I am still working on. Some days I count calories and some days I don't. I also drink hot tea instead of plain water though. I don't like drinking cold water in the winter.

bev

Redneck Charger
01-28-2009, 04:17 PM
I still don't write down what I have been eating other then posting it here, but know for nearly a month I've eaten noting but good ol'healthy food..:dizzy:

PiXiEgAL
01-28-2009, 04:35 PM
hi everyone! i too make sure i eat every 3-4 hours and it was a really huge advantage to me as well at work since i'm a nurse's aide...and my 15 min break and lunch break is 4 hours apart...not 3 but its ok for me >D at home i do eat every 3 hours and for me, its better because it doesnt make me overeat and i enjoy savoring my food more especially the veggies.

2old2quit
01-29-2009, 11:41 AM
Hi everyone - Eating every 3 hours or so sounds alot like the South Beach Diet practice. They recommend breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner & snack. It does work as long as you stick with it, like anything else. Good luck everyone!:)

fractal
01-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Funnily enough, I never heard of the 3-hour plan, but gradually,adhering to my plan which is high-protein mostly, it worked itself out into 3-4 hour meals. I lost the sugar-cravings very early on, I just feel hungry when I miss or postpone a meal, and then a protein snack (omelette or salad) suffices. Beauty! :)
I have noticed, though, that the more regularly I eat, the faster I lose.

migotokokoro
01-30-2009, 02:08 PM
I haven't been sticking to the plan for about a week now... I feel horrible. I haven't gained the weight back, but I still feel really bad. I'm starting again today and hopefully I don't fall out of it again. I'm really upset because someone I've known for over 2 years called me fat and obese yesterday and she even told her 11 year old daughter to watch her weight or she'll turn out like me... That really hurts, and I don't want people to think of me like that anymore.

delafax
01-31-2009, 05:31 PM
Migotokokoro
That's terrible that someone would say something like that to you.
Ok, so you didn't gain any weight...that's good but what's better is that you are trying again. Even if I didn't lose anymore weight I would still eat every three hours simply because it makes me feel so much better. My energy level is even all day.
How is your day going today?

delafax
02-01-2009, 08:21 PM
I was so happy to finally get my weight ticker..yeah

Bev
02-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Hi everyone, Well I am still eatting every 3 hours. I am also done another pound. This has really kept my binge eatting under control.

I hope everyone else is doing good.

Bev

migotokokoro
02-04-2009, 01:39 PM
I haven't been sticking to anything! :headache: I want to seriously START and STAY on this. So for I've done 100 sit-ups (50 regular sit-ups, 50 reverse crunches). I'm really NOT hungry though... but I know I need to eat every 3 hours... I might just end up having a serving of honey nut cheerios and half a serving of 1% milk for breakfast. I have a lot of different options for my meals. I went shopping and picked up some more nonfat yogurts, string cheese, pickles, kiwis, granola bars, turkey hot dogs (I hate pork and beef but I usually have to eat them because that's what everyone else buys) that I found out are only 100 calories for one not including the bun or condiments!, and I even got some 100 calorie chocolate ice cream bars in case I really wanted a treat.

:grouphug:
:dust:

goldlion
02-05-2009, 11:41 AM
Wow I just read a couple of posts for this thread and the three hour eating diet sounds amazing! I think I might try this. I orginally had another diet plan in mind but I think this is something I can stick to! What does everyone eat every 3 hours? Like snack type things (ie energy bars etc..) or like little meals (ie sandwiches). Also, does this include beverages that is not water?

I too can't wait to get my weight ticker! How many posts do I need in order to get it? I only joined yesterday though. Also, I need to get a functioning weighing scale. I just realized mine is probably broken cause I've been the same weight for nearly 2 weeks now and I'm bound to have lost some weight (I'm taking Reductil)... so I hope...

delafax
02-06-2009, 06:02 PM
How is everyone doing? I have had almost 0 cravings since I started eating this way. Has everyone else eating every 3 hours notice little to no cravings?

Hi Goldlion,
I don't snack..I eat meals every 3 hours. If I am on the run etc I will eat a granola bar and milk as a meal if needed but not too often. I am eating the same amount of food that I am used to eating but I have divided it into smaller meals. For example: If my dinner is chicken, rice and a vegetable then I would eat 1/2 of it at 4 pm and the other 1/2 at 7 pm. I do the same with my lunch..I eat 1/2 of it at 10 am and the other 1/2 at 1 pm. For breakfast I switch back and forth between oatmeal or a fried egg on toast.
What I have changed that seems to be helping is..I switched from Coke to Coke Zero , I also drink several cups of hot tea throughout the day and I don't eat past 7 pm. This seems to be working for me. I'm getting plenty of water with the hot tea because I don't like drinking water during the cold winter months.

delafax
02-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Today I weighed 205 pounds so I have lost 20 pounds since Jan 1st by eating every 3 hours. This is the best "diet" I have ever done. (I have tried my share of diets in the past 20 years) But this isn't a diet - it's a lifestyle.
Eventhough I don't count calories etc I am interested in learning or reading about "eating several meals a day to lose weight" I have googled it by using various phrases such as meal timing etc. I did come across "the 3 hour diet" but that's about it.
Does anyone know of any websites or good books that talk about eating several meals a day to lose weight? What I am doing is working for me but I am interested in learning more about this "eating lifestyle"
How is everyone else doing? I no longer have cravings!

delafax
02-22-2009, 09:28 PM
So I have lost 23 pounds since Jan 1st by eating every 3 hours. I have been at a stand still for almost a week now and need some ideas to help kick start my weight loss again. I did get a wii fit and started that a week ago. Do you think that has anything to do with it? Up until last week I hadn't been exercising at all.

artchickadee
02-24-2009, 11:12 PM
I too eat every three hours, my personal trainer suggested it, starting with eating FIRST thing in the morning. I don't know about any of you but sometimes it is difficult to eat first thing when I wake up. I tried to make it something that was really yummy, a bagel but now I am thinking about incorporating some of the sugarbuster ideas into my life style changes.

I haven't lost any weight in a long time, reasons that I have no idea how to fix, but I do count my calories and when I didn't have a broken leg, I exercised at least 4 times a week for 45 minutes cardio.

Cliff bars are one of my favorite "meals" on this plan. I love the oatmeal ones, they run about 240 calories and are packed with protein though they don't have that chalky protein taste like the other protein bars have. It is almost like eating a cookie but with no guilt. :smug:

frazali
02-26-2009, 08:51 PM
I also eat every few hours. I'm to the point now, after having been on WW since the end of June, that I'm famished if I don't eat every few hours. I've lost 36 lbs., so it's working!

keikoasmom
03-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Wow, you are all doing great! I found this thread last night, and it triggered something in my memory. There is a 3-Hour Diet by Jorge somthing, but it didn't work for me... well, his food lists, I mean.
But I think the 3-Hour eating is a good idea. I have been on WW for two months, but my life is so crazy that I can't remember to write everything down. I am going to try to eat healthy and every 3 hours like you guys and see what happens. Also plan a bit. We were at DD's yesterday with crackers, cookies and hot dogs around, but I took a double protein shake and I was fine.
Eating FIRST thing in the morning? I never eat until I've had my second cup of coffee, but I'll try it. I've been eating Krusteaz low fat muffins or fiber muffins. I need conveniance foods, too.

hoosiermama
03-04-2009, 01:56 AM
I am sooo glad that I found this thread! I've been very discouraged because every diet plan I find leaves me feeling ill - even if I am able to eat 2000 calories a day I end up so sick between means. I have reactive hypoglycemia so the only thing that works for me is eating more often but with most plans they make it so your "snacks" are like 1 oz of almonds. I'm sorry but 1 oz of almonds does NOTHING For me.

I am very motivated and excited to give this a try. I am actually going to combine it with calorie counting - I plan for 1800 calories per day so I will divide it by 6 and eat 300 calories every 3 hours ... I think not only with this help with my blood sugar, help with the cravings and avoid binges, etc.. I think it will also be easier mentally - focusing on one meal/snack at a time rather then the whole day. I am SUCH an all-or-nothing thinker and I end up binging and feeling terrible if I "mess up" so from now on I'll just focus on every 3hours. If I slip I'll pick right back up at the next time...

very excited and knowing that I'll need support to keep the excitment going!

Bev
03-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Hi everyone,

Well I have kind of fall off of the wagon but I am back on. I really need to do this so I stop eatting so much junk food.

I look forward to chatting with everyone

welcome Linda and hoosiermama , I look forward to talking to you both.

bev

hoosiermama
03-05-2009, 01:08 AM
I got your PM delefax but I haven't posted enough to reply (found that out after I rambled on and on in a reply - lol).

I REALLY need to do this. Not just for weight loss (although that is my main priority) but also because I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia after having a stroke (TIA) last June. I was told to eat every 3hours but I haven't stuck with it at all.

Right now my waist is 51 inches and I weigh 261 lbs -- so I have a lot to lose and need to just stick with this.

I was told to average around 1800 calories by the doctor so that is where I got that number.

I REALLY need to make sure to get adequate protein at each meal too. I have been food journaling for months and I see that I am really high on carbs (granted they are in whole grains, fruits, veggies) and low on protein. I'm not saying I Need to do "low-carb" but I do need to balance things more. So each meal needs to have some protein. That should really help.

I'm starting this right now!! Well, actually it's midnight -lol - and I don't need to eat till morning so I'll be starting then.

keikoasmom
03-05-2009, 12:27 PM
I haven't been sticking to the plan for about a week now... I feel horrible. I haven't gained the weight back, but I still feel really bad. I'm starting again today and hopefully I don't fall out of it again. I'm really upset because someone I've known for over 2 years called me fat and obese yesterday and she even told her 11 year old daughter to watch her weight or she'll turn out like me... That really hurts, and I don't want people to think of me like that anymore.

Migo that is terrible!! I am so sorry, people can be horrible sometimes. No real friend would say that, how hurtful.
I wish I was close by, I would take you out for coffee and hugs!:hug:

Sometimes people just make me so mad. I think, OK, so if I never lose weight, I look like Roseanne, or Queen Latifah or go to Beautiful-Actresses-in-Plus-Size-Gowns

Then I think, "OK, I can look ok if you don't see my "saddle bags", but I am going to lose some weight, and no one is going to damage my self-esteem whether I'm fat or slim. I am a good person, I have things I'm good at (make a list, it helps!) and maybe I need new friends!

I gained 2 pounds, DH treated me to steak and drinks at Texas Roadhouse (next time I'll have chicken or something) but it was great. We only go out once a month, so now I'll have tuna and behave, lol! I am determined to eat more salads and the 3 hour thing was working until I ran out of food!

Good luck everyone, and hang in there, Migo, you're probably a much nicer person than that person anyway. :devil:

delafax
03-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Hoosiermama - I guess you have to have so many posts before you can reply to an email. Glad you are here.
Bev- Glad to see your back on
Hi Linda
I did my usual routine today...
Breakfast at 7 am, Lunch one at 10 am, Lunch two at 1pm and then when I got home I just wasn't hungy for anything. Normally I would eat 1/2 of my dinner at 4 pm and then the other 1/2 at 7 pm. Instead of skipping a meal I ate some cottage cheese and a few nuts. I know the key to me losing weight is eating every 3 hours. I think it's funny that I am eating to lose weight. Of course my co-workers find it hard to believe that I have lost 27 pounds due to eating so often...but it's true.

keikoasmom
03-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Delafax, that is so amazing, 27 pounds! And so funny, eating to lose weight!
I had a muffin for breakfast, need breakfast 2 in an hour. I have trouble eating in the morning, but I'll get more creative after I get groceries on Mon.
I had a cake mix (Betty Crocker? or one of them, cherry) that was low in fat, so I made it and added a cup of muesli for fiber. Not great, but all I had.
Maybe I should make the second breakfast a first lunch?

waterski chick
03-11-2009, 06:31 AM
Delafax... a great book that incorporates 5-6 small meals a day is The Eat Clean Diet by Tosca Reno.

delafax
03-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Waterski Chick - Thanks for the information about that book. I just bought it online today. I got a new one with shipping and handling for a total of $7.41.
Eventhough I have create my on plan for eating every 3 hours I do enjoy reading books that believe in eating several meals a day. I find it a good way to incorporate or atleast try new ideas and/or recipes.
Keikoasmom - How are you doing? Did you make your 2nd breakfast a first luch instead?
How is everyone else doing?

pattygirl63
03-11-2009, 11:28 PM
Hi Everybody,

It will take me a while to learn everybodies names. I'm bad about that, but I am so excited about this thread. I've just learned about this last week some time and went online and checked it out. Then I started eating about every 3 hours or so last Thurs or Fri. I have had some days that have been difficult to eat every 3 hours so sometimes it has gone to 4 hours, but I hope things will settle down so I can do the every 3 hours. Sundays are especially a hard time to work it out with church and all. They have snacks before church and also at night at the Bible study, but it is usually pastries and I really don't want to start eating those. Maybe with spring time coming in, I can take some healthier snacks to the evening class.

I've been reading what some of you are eating especially you with blood sugar issues hypoglycemia. I have recently been diagnosed with that too. I have done low carb before, but they were either too restrictive or they had you eat 3 meals and maybe a snack back when I did it which only set me up for bad cravings for sweets. I know I feel better when I eat more protein and may try that again eating every 3 hours. However, I also think it is important to get some of the good grains in as well. But I've been reading a lot of nutrition books and it doesn't have to be a lot mostly fiber which also is in the fruits and veggies. With spring coming in that will be easy to find good frest fruits and veggies that I like. That should be easy to do. When I weighed Mon, I had lost 8 lbs. I know that was probably water weight, but a loss is a loss and I will take it.

Any way, I'm glad that we have this going here. Thanks delafax for the PM and for starting this thread. I look forward to getting to know all of you and hope we can encourage each other as well.

No Ordinary Love
03-12-2009, 11:03 AM
I just started eating every 3 hours last week, so far so good... I don't feel deprived of foods and actually is quite hard to eat so much food. I was eating just 2 meals a day basically, would eat sometime around 1100 and then would not eat again until dinner time. By that time I was so hungry, I would just eat anything that I could get my hands on. :faint:

Last week I found the 3 hour diet book and could not stop reading it... I am thrilled with this book, it is giving me the understanding that I need about how food and timing of meals affect your body. :coach:

Well a week has gone by and my first 2 lbs are gone. I think I can make it, a couple of pounds at a time...

:goodscale :cheer:

pattygirl63
03-12-2009, 01:37 PM
I woke up this morning ready to get up which hasn't happened in a looong time. I got up and made me 1/2 serving of oatmeal etc and ate it around 10 am. Since we eat our main meal around 2 o'clock, I had a serving of melons at noon. I will probably make dinner for DH and then eat mine at 3 to get onto my 3 hour cycle for the rest of the day. I have no more candy in the house that I usual eat and plan to replace the candy with fruit. I am a night eater and since DH and I are retired and stay up late and get up later in the mornings, I plan my every 3 hours around that schedule. I do try to stop eating 3 hours before going to bed. I didn't do to good with that last night, but hope to get better at it.

No Ordinary Love - CONGRATULATIONS on the 2 lb loss.

Hope everyone has a great day.

delafax
03-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Pattygirl63 - I have trouble with names too - especially when we are dealing with user names and real names LOL
Welcome No Ordinary Love - Isn't it great not to feel deprived? I read the 3 hour diet book too - several times. It has good ideas and I have incorporated many into my plan. I don't have the 100 calorie snacks though as I am more satisfied if all my meals are about the same. I joined that site for free and quickly cancelled as there were very, very few people there. Not worth it - not even the free 10 days. They had my credit card number so I was afraid when it took me several phone calls before someone answered but I was finally able to cancel before my free time was up.
I am so determined to eat every 3 hours and meet my goal weight by 8-15-09that even my boss and co-workers know what I am doing. I am a school teacher and last week during one of our sp ed staff meetings I ate! I warned them before the meeting and it was funny when they saw me break out my lunch at 10 am. Eating every 3 hours has really put my insulin levels back in check. I don't feel the highs and lows like I used to feel. Now I am considering on telling people I have a medical condition that requires me to eat every 3 hours. Of course my coworkers still can't get over the fact that I am eating to lose weight. (Since 1-1-09 I have lost 30 pounds)

Kecia08
03-12-2009, 09:37 PM
My husband is always telling me I need to eat more often, but I didn't really understand why. It seems to work though! At the moment, I am focusing more on exercising than on a diet plan, but I think I will create a schedule to stick by on when to eat.

Thanks for the inspiration! :)

yoyoma
03-12-2009, 10:10 PM
I space 6 minimeals about 3 hours apart during the day. The exact schedule depends on my constraints that day. I think it helps my weight loss, but I'm primarily a calorie counter and I would eat too much in my minimeals if I weren't tracking calories.

pattygirl63
03-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Hi Everybody, It is so nice to see more of us doing this and sharing on this thread. When I decided to do this, I was wishing we had a thread for it and here we are.

Delafax - Congratulations on the 30 lbs lost so far. I looked at the 100 calorie snacks and none of them were appealing so I didn't get any. My experience with them in the past was that they made me want another one so have chosen not to go that route.

I've had a pretty good day. Feel like I might be eating too much, but we will see. I drank a lot of water today and seem to be feeling it right now maybe too much too fast. By the way, I drink a lot of hot green tea and some black tea myself mainly because I don't like ice water during cold weather so I drink more of the hot teas than water. When the warmer weather hits, I will drink more water as I will not want much hot teas during that time. Of course, I can have ice tea then. I still try to get at least 1/2 or a little more liquids as water though. Guess that comes from WW.

Have good evening and I'll catch y'all tomorrow.

No Ordinary Love
03-13-2009, 05:08 PM
No Ordinary Love - CONGRATULATIONS on the 2 lb loss.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Thanks!!! :hug:

No Ordinary Love
03-13-2009, 05:12 PM
Welcome No Ordinary Love - Isn't it great not to feel deprived? I read the 3 hour diet book too - several times...

(Since 1-1-09 I have lost 30 pounds)

Thanks!!! I feel sometimes like I'm eating too much. Wow great job on the 30 lbs lost. Hope I am able to lose 30 lbs in a short time like that. Well I guess a few pounds at a time...

:hug:

delafax
03-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Hi guys. How is everyone today? I love subs and yesterday I decided to get one. I was so so proud of myself. I ate about 3 inches of it for dinner. This morning I had another 3 inches of it for breakfast. I'm looking forward to sharing the rest of it with my husband later on for one of my dinners. A few months ago I could eat a large sub, with chips and a soda in one sitting with no problem. I would never dream of doing that now.

No Ordinary Love
03-15-2009, 09:09 AM
Hi guys. How is everyone today? I love subs and yesterday I decided to get one. I was so so proud of myself. I ate about 3 inches of it for dinner. This morning I had another 3 inches of it for breakfast. I'm looking forward to sharing the rest of it with my husband later on for one of my dinners. A few months ago I could eat a large sub, with chips and a soda in one sitting with no problem. I would never dream of doing that now.

I am looking forward to eating smaller portions... I also use to eat a large sub, with chips and a soda in one sitting with no problems but now I eat only 1/2. (Working on making it smaller) :( I guess it's all about getting used to it.

I didn't do so well yesterday, ended up eating only 3 meals instead of the 6 mini meals. But back on the wagon again today...

:book2: :comp: :stir: :hungry:

62monkey
03-15-2009, 10:38 AM
This approach worked for me in the past. I don't have the time at work to eat every 3 hrs so the plan fell apart on me. We have set breaks and no excuses to leave the floor until break time. too bad, I enjoyed this plan.

delafax
03-16-2009, 06:45 PM
So this has happened to me once before and I want to ask others...If it's time to eat but you don't feel like eating do you go ahead and eat anyhow since it's been 3 hours and you want to make sure you get in all your meals? I am fixing dinner as I type and I'm not even hungry. I always feel that I should eat regardless because it keeps me on track.

pattygirl63
03-16-2009, 07:37 PM
Delafax I have experienced the same thing and I have no interest any particular food. I've opted today to wait until I'm hungry but not famished and still fixed dinner and ate only half. I've heard we really shouldn't go more than 4 hours without eating. I got up late and ate breakfast at Noon and then again around 3. I've lost track of time and suddenly realized that it has been about 3 1/2 hours since I ate and I am getting ready to go get the other half of what I had for dinner. I really have no answer on how to deal with the situation as I don't think I should force food if I really don't want it. However, I think it will help to know that I have the option to eat every 3 hours or so as needed. Sometimes I'm hungry sooner than 3 hours and like today feel no need to eat until a little later. My thing is learning to eat 5 or 6small meals a day rather than just 3. I was so drilled in one diet group 3 meals and no snacks that this in itself is a real challenge in the fact that I sometimes feel guilty to eat more than 3 times. However, I feel a lot better doing it.

No Ordinary Love I too am finding I don't need as much. Instead of eating a whole sandwich today I made an open sandwich with half the bbq I used to would have eaten. I had what I call a finger salad with it instead of chips.

Today was my WI day and I have not lost any more weight, but I didn't gain any either so that is a real accomplishment for me. Especially since this past week has been a learning process of how to do this and make it work for me. Just in the past few days I lost the sugar cravings and the portions have gotten smaller. I see a good habit starting to come together and even started a little exercise going on my stationary bike. I always get bored on it, but have decided to play a cd from our church and ride to 2 songs a day until I can do (my goal) the whole cd in a day. So I finally have a working plan in mind. Now just to do it.

delafax
03-18-2009, 10:23 AM
Pattygirl63 - I have lost my sugar cravings too. I used to really want sweets but they don't seem to concern me now. It really depends on what you get used to. One example for me: I couldn't drink a cup of hot tea without sweetner but now I don't use any sweetner.
No Ordinary Love- Are you fitting in 6 meals?

No Ordinary Love
03-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Delafax I have been eating breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack and drinking tons of water. Sometimes I'm not really hungry but I still eat every 3 hours.

Yeah... I lost another 2 pounds :cheer: :yay:

Now I need to start working on my exercise, I haven't done any yet but I will start little by little...

elkay
03-22-2009, 08:59 AM
Hi all you 3 hour eaters

I too have searched for some 3 hour diet plans and came accross this one
" eat all day diet" by Helen Foster same idea eat every 2 -3 hours I stumbled upon this plan and I bought the book on ebay (bargain) as I couldnt find a website or any forums on this one.
The book is great gives you a lot of information and lists over 50 breakfast 50 lunch and 50 dinner ideas and suggestions with some recipes and aslo 40 morning , 40 afternnon and 40 evening snacks to choose from and some good insight into why this works and lots of info
I am starting on this tomorrow
:carrot:

delafax
04-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Ok guys ...I need your help. I have been at the same weight now for a week. Can you give me some ideas on how to kick start my weight loss again. I am still eating every 3 hours and don't feel like I am eating more than I should. The weight is just not coming off right now. I have been losing weight steadily since Jan 1st. Does this mean it's time for me to start exercising? I haven't exercised yet. I just need some ideas on how to get this going again. Should I over eat for a couple days to trick my body? LOL

delafax
04-16-2009, 06:46 PM
A couple people emailed me with suggestions. I took the advice and ate more for breakfast and less throughout the day with my last dinner being the smallest. I did this for 3 days and then went back to my normal routine. Within 2 more days I started on my way again. Another 1 1/2 pounds and I will be at my half way mark. How is everyone else doing? Are you eating every 3 hours? I have a cooler I pack with a healthy meal that I take with me when I know I will be out during one of my meals. My husband thinks it's funny but...it works.

CatWuv
04-20-2009, 03:33 PM
Hi All,
I am new to 3 hr eating and am still in the honeymoon phase where I have dropped 8 pounds ind 4 days. Mostly water weight but I will take it. I have a lot to lose and am have tried many diets without long term success. I like this one because I never get extremely hungry and lose control.
I read Jorge Cruise's 3 hr diet book and always looking for more info and am so happy that I found this thread.
Have a great day!
Pennie

canadianangel
04-22-2009, 12:10 PM
because i have been a yoyo dieter all of my life, i have messed up my metablism. i have found eating every 3 hours has help speed it up, plus i dont feel like im starving, and eat everything in my fridge.. my energy level also stays up..

best of luck to all!!

angela

sunshinez28
04-24-2009, 03:53 PM
I am another 2-3 hour eater, I graze through out the day.. Lucky I have the job thay I can do that with.. I drink alot of water and I am consuming lots of Fiber and protein.. and watching my sodium and calories.. It seems to keep my hunger down.. I have actually stopped losing weight.. and getting very discourage.. But I exercise alot and I know I am building muscle.. soo who knows!!

Lovely91
04-26-2009, 10:47 AM
I am starting this since today=)
Hope it works!!
And congrats to everyone who has lost weight=D

delafax
06-03-2009, 04:01 PM
I haven't been on for a couple weeks but am curious to find out how everyone is doing?
I am still eating every 3 hours and have lost 46 pounds since Jan. It is such a habit now that I can tell when it's been 3 hours without even looking at a clock. I love this new eating style.

Lucia
06-07-2009, 04:14 AM
I haven't been on for a couple weeks but am curious to find out how everyone is doing?
I am still eating every 3 hours and have lost 46 pounds since Jan. It is such a habit now that I can tell when it's been 3 hours without even looking at a clock. I love this new eating style.

what exactly do you eat? could you please give me an example of meals/snacks you have in a day? sounds like something i might do...

stormy13
06-07-2009, 05:45 AM
Would like to try this can I have examples of what some of you eat in a day? And Do any of you combine it with a diet like south beach or weight watchers? Thanks:)

delafax
06-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Hi Lucia and Stormy13,
This is a copy of a post I did earlier that explains what I eat. Since posting this I haven't changed anything and I still feel as great as ever. I have to admit I still have not exercised yet unless thinking about it counts LOL I eat whatever I want but just mindful of the amount of food I eat. By eating every 3 hours I am NEVER hungry.

I don't count calories or anything. I have tried "diets" in the past and lost weight but then put it back on and then some. I feel like I am basically eating the same amount of food but just spreading it out throughout the day. Of course I am more mindful of what I am eating. But...I am not pigging out, eating too much or binge eating anymore because afterall I eat every three hours. I did switch from Coke to Coke Zero. I am also drinking hot tea. I'd rather drink hot tea than cold water right now. That's the only changes to what I eat I have made. I haven't exercised yet but plan to start in a month or two.
Within one week - I noticed I had more energy, feel better and my mood is better. I don't need a nap after work anymore. The absolute best part is I feel like I eat plenty and this is something I CAN do for the rest of my life.
One more thing I noticed..it has evened out my sugar or insulin levels and I don't feel the ups and downs like I used to feel after eating a meal. Seems like I would crash and the only way to feel better was to eat again.
I eat breakfast at 7am, lunch one at 10am, lunch two at 1pm, dinner one at 4 pm and dinner two at 7pm. I think too much about food to forget about eating..LOL

NoWallFlower
06-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Most of the weight I have lost has been done with frequent mini meals.
I believe it really helps, especially if you have low blood sugar issues.