Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : American Idol Season 8

Clydegirl
01-13-2009, 08:58 AM
It's back with a new judge.

So who's going to be watching?

JuliaDH
01-13-2009, 09:00 AM
I am going to watch. Hopefully the kids will go to bed on time!

erynn1010
01-13-2009, 09:10 AM
I'm an American Idol junkie! I will be watching for sure.

Ruthxxx
01-13-2009, 09:10 AM
Definitely watching. AI nights are the nights when I sit and do hand sewing and ignore the phone entirely! It's my secret vice and none of my friends know not to call me when it's on.
Is there a new judge? Did someone leave? I guess I should GOOGLE.

dgramie
01-13-2009, 09:12 AM
I love idol and will exercise during it. Sure makes time fly when your enjoying idol!!

evilwomaniamshe
01-13-2009, 09:20 AM
When does it start? I haven't seen any previews, but I will be tuning in. Is it on tonight? Please share peeps!

Yeah I read the new gal used to live with Paula, she took her in for awhile & thats how they got to be good friends.

Ruthxxx
01-13-2009, 09:33 AM
OMG! I hope the new judge isn't another Paula!
Yes, it starts tonight.

mj5
01-13-2009, 09:58 AM
I'll be watching! This year we are going to have a lunch group (bring your ouwn lunch) that will gather on Wed to discuss the show at work--this was actually our Exec Dir idea (she watches too!). Yea, we all need hobbies!!!! LOL!

purplecrush
01-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Isnt American Idol AND Biggest Loser on tonight?

My son has a band concert that he HAS (graded) to go to, so im going to miss like the first 1/2 hour lol..im sooo bummed.

NightengaleShane
01-13-2009, 01:16 PM
I never watch that show. I have insider information on how much they screw people over (I know several contestants personally and actually went on that show several years ago as a joke :lol: yeah, I was purposely BAD, I hoped it would advance my acting career but it did no such thing) and I get tired of hearing the same singing styles over and over again, as it is not my kind of music. I just personally feel it lacks originality and gets old. Obviously, it has a lot of followers and plenty of people disagree with me :)

However, I watched it religiously during seasons 1 and 2. I can't say I never liked it ;)

Clydegirl
01-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Ruth there will be 4 judges now. I wonder what they will do if 2 say yes and 2 say no for going on to Hollywood?

I will have to TIVO Biggest Loser and watch Idol. Hubs does not enjoy Biggest Loser so I always watch it later.

2fat2bphat
01-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Havent missed a season yet. I'm addicted!

OperationNewRegime
01-13-2009, 04:22 PM
I'll be watching! But I only watch the auditions because I LOVE seeing how bad some of them are. Once the auditions are over and there are only good singers left I stop watching.

delafax
01-13-2009, 05:43 PM
I like American Idol also. So 4 judges now? Can't wait.

Clydegirl
01-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Randy Jackson is wearing a t-shirt from my favourite radio station back home.

Radio Clyde 261.

These guys are emotional.

gigglez
01-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Watching right now. The first one that they sent on had a good voice. Wonder how many others will be good?

EZMONEY
01-13-2009, 09:11 PM
I will DVR it and race through the shows if I have time. One of those "reality" shows that I am almost so over....

unless they keep the cute girls of course!

but then that is so me!

Clydegirl
01-13-2009, 09:26 PM
I will DVR it and race through the shows if I have time. One of those "reality" shows that I am almost so over....

unless they keep the cute girls of course!

but then that is so me!

Well Gary wait until you see Bikini Girl ;)

EZMONEY
01-13-2009, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the "look out" Big Bird!

LisaMarie71
01-14-2009, 09:00 AM
I would've been more impressed with Bikini Girl if she hadn't had the body of an 8-year-old boy...

evilwomaniamshe
01-14-2009, 01:15 PM
Swimsuit girl, what the heck is this "ROCK OF LOVE IDOL" auditions? Geesh
Ridiculous, seriously....

I dunno I thought the whole show was quite lame lastnight!

And Ryan Seacrest high-five-ing the blind guy- DUDE, he's blind, like smooth move exlax! 'Nuff said...

I wasn't at all impressed with any of their singing talents to be honest.

The new judge was cute, I will give her that!

lauralyn
01-14-2009, 02:06 PM
I am going to watch it again tonight but I have to say I was disappointed with last nights show.

Bikini girl was just plain tacky and if that is what she had to pull to go to Hollywood she won't last long at all.

JuliaDH
01-14-2009, 02:20 PM
I think she got paid to prance around like that last night. Got to get ratings right? What would Idol be without a gimmick? They could have done something better for a season opener. Hopefully tonight wont be so bad. Hey at least I can get some cardio in while whatching tv.

Clydegirl
01-14-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm liking tonight's show so far. Some good ones through to Hollywood.

EZMONEY
01-14-2009, 09:21 PM
I haven't watched last night's show yet...but I did see the bikini girl on my homepage news.....not sure about that 8 year old body....wink but...well.... I'll keep my mouth shut!

LisaMarie71
01-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Gary, it was her complete lack of breasts or hips or anything resembling a woman that made me compare her to a little boy. ;)

CandyKisses0204
01-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Okay relly bikini girl? Im mean no doubt she looked smokin HOT in that bikini but she sucked hard core!

I know a few people that have been on the show and i agree some of the things done are pretty crappy but it still makes me laugh. After the auditons i will stop watching.

fatgirl nomore
01-16-2009, 12:01 AM
I never miss an episode of american idol, i have it dvr'd just in case im not here. My sister and I loved the shows this week, couldnt stop laughing through the whole thing..
Bikini girl needs to go.....

EZMONEY
01-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Gary, it was her complete lack of breasts or hips or anything resembling a woman that made me compare her to a little boy. ;)

I know LISA...I know....;)

But(t) even at my age she looked good from behind! :D

Clydegirl
01-20-2009, 07:40 PM
It's onto San Francisco tonight.

Clydegirl
02-03-2009, 09:43 PM
First round of Hollywood tonight.

I have 2 favourites of the few that they showed who got through to the next round. The guy whose wife died and the oil rig guy. I don't remember their names.

The guy who acts like a clown needs to stop and just sing.

Clydegirl
02-03-2009, 10:04 PM
We didn't get much singing tonight.

JuliaDH
02-04-2009, 07:27 AM
Will watch if this morning. I love dvr I can fast forward the commercials and the lameness. Seams to be alot this year.

rainenroses
02-04-2009, 10:17 AM
i have watched since season #1 when i was lonely after we moved to st louis & hubby traveled a few days a week for his job. i SO got hooked!

i have a few favs that made it into the next round ( hippie looking blonde gal is one )

i *SO* want bikini girl gone.

Clydegirl
02-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Lots of drama tonight. Group night in Hollywood.

Some good performances.

rainenroses
02-05-2009, 11:53 AM
glad bikini girl is GONE but also bummed rose is gone. i liked her :(

EZMONEY
02-05-2009, 10:39 PM
If bikini girl is gone is there really any reason to watch?

Missed the last 2-3 shows....should I watch my dvr'd ones?

Clydegirl
02-05-2009, 11:25 PM
If bikini girl is gone is there really any reason to watch?

Missed the last 2-3 shows....should I watch my dvr'd ones?

Just zip through all the drama and watch the good ones.

aware210
02-05-2009, 11:35 PM
glad Danny is still there, also the girl with the full sleave tattoo.. i liked her but i dont remember her name ah!

Clydegirl
02-11-2009, 08:57 AM
That Tatiana has got to go, please.

We find out who the top 36 are tonight.

happy2bme
02-11-2009, 01:15 PM
I don't understand how the girl who "grew up with nothing" got cut while they kept the weirdo kevin/ken/clown boy or the weepy drama kid. I think they are still playing games with keeping some less talented people just for "watchability".

They will lose viewers if they keep "Tantrum-tiana"

130star
02-11-2009, 09:39 PM
OMG, I can't believe that woman made it through... I'm disgusted

Clydegirl
02-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Top 36 picked tonight. Some good ones, some not so good ;)

130star
02-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I'm shocked about several (both who made it and who didn't). I can't help but think they kept some of the drama queens in hopes of increasing viewers?

Clydegirl
02-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Yeah, I'm shocked about several (both who made it and who didn't). I can't help but think they kept some of the drama queens in hopes of increasing viewers?

Don't they always.

We get to decide starting next week 9 of the top 12. I know who I want in there, Danny, love that guy.

Just Jezzle
02-15-2009, 11:32 PM
I can't believe they let Jamar Rogers go! Him and Danny were my favorites! His version of Hey There, Delilah on solo night was amazing and they all seemed to REALLY like it so I was soooooo shocked to hear them let him go! I'm sure we will see him in the future though, at least i really hope so!

Clydegirl
02-17-2009, 08:27 PM
The first 12 tonight.

We get to vote.

Clydegirl
02-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Well the girls had some bad song choices.

Some surprises.

dreaminstacy67
02-17-2009, 10:37 PM
hey ya'll.... canadian here who loves IDOL! my favourite right from the auditions is Danny Gokey! that boy can sing!! my favourite gal from tonight is Alexis Grace... shes my fav from the auditions also. tatiana is going.... i hope... shes way too much drama fro me. and i think she was doped up tonight lol. Go Danny and Alexis! my other pick would be Micheal.. hes a great singer, just didnt like his song choice tonight. IMO.

stacy xx

JuliaDH
02-17-2009, 11:10 PM
Stacy
You took the words & opinion right out of my mouth!
Just gonna say DITTO!

Clydegirl
02-18-2009, 12:06 AM
I hate to say this but most of the girls were not that good. Alexis was the best but Tatiana was not that bad. Does that make sense?

Love Danny.

JuliaDH
02-18-2009, 08:26 AM
Tatiana can sing but will we put up with her nonsense? Was the demure thing really her? Or was the annoying thing her?

Clydegirl
02-18-2009, 08:45 AM
Tatiana is very annoying. Simon was right when he said she was a drama queen. I'd say the annoying girl is the real one.

No idea if she will make it to the next round.

dreaminstacy67
02-18-2009, 10:00 AM
just hope they dont have a "vote for the worst" thing howard stern started a few years ago... tatiana has got to go!! yes the gals got some pipes but seriously, can you imagine her as our newest american idol??!! omg! the interviews!! it would be a nightmare lol... i really love danny, his story made me cry. what a tough and talented man. he remiinds me of someone famous and i cant quite put my finger on it... downey jr maybe? driving me nuts lol... anyways i think he'll go far. i dont really like the voting method they got going on this season. only 3 from each night???? thats gonna really suck for the ones who can do better but messed up last night. its kinda not fair IMO. just beware gals, im very opinionated, and i say whats on my mind lol... if i dont like someone i say it, i try real hard not to offend anyone tho. lol... cant wait for tonight! be back after the show to cry or cheer lololol

stacy xx

dreaminstacy67
02-18-2009, 02:39 PM
IDOL tonight! 8 o'clock eastern standard time lol... cant wait to see who's stayin!

techwife
02-18-2009, 05:20 PM
Actually, I kind of like Tatiana. She's this year's Sanjaya...we look forward to what nonsense she'll come up with next. Last night she reminded me of a pinata...poke her with a stick and all the craziness will just come flying out of her!! She was trying very hard to not be annoying. Ya gotta give her credit for that, at least. ;)

My favorites were the girl with the pink hair and the last guy. The first girl with the black pants (trousers) was good, but the girl with the pink hair blew her out of the water. Sorry, I'm not into it enough yet to know their names.

I was mad that in the final 36 picks that they let a girl named Jenn go. Anyone here with kids that ever watched a show called High Five will remember her. It was on Discover Kids. I couldn't believe they cut her. I thought she was cute. A little sterile, but cute.

Weird format to picking people this year. Don't they usually narrow it down to 12 girls and 12 boys? Sorry, I should say Men or Women, but at 43, they're all kids to me.

Okay...we'll see who goes and who stays.

Ruthxxx
02-18-2009, 05:39 PM
I actually have a cousin who acts like Tatiana but she's 83. She sings well though. I wonder if they are related.

dreaminstacy67
02-18-2009, 05:59 PM
rotfl at ruth! i personally think the gal smoked a joint (is that what they are callin it these days) b4 last nights show. she was waaaay to calm,and now shes trying to make up excuses for the way she acted b4.... like we are gonna believe that all that was just nerves.... heck i got 6 kids, my nerves are completely shot and i dont act like that lol....
techwife- the gal with the pink in her hair is alexis grace.. shes my fav too
and the "last guy" you mentioned liking is danny gokey lol hes my fav male lol, so we got alot in common.
pearfreak- your not being mean... just honest lol. it would be hysterical watchin her laugh for butt off the stage lololololol...
2 more hours!! cant wait!!

dreaminstacy67
02-18-2009, 08:25 PM
ALEXIS GRACE!!!! YESSSSSS!!!! :carrot::carrot:

Clydegirl
02-18-2009, 08:37 PM
Wow they are announcing the results quickly.

dreaminstacy67
02-18-2009, 09:04 PM
*DOES A HAPPY DANCE!* WOOHOO!!!:carrot: im soooooo happy1 my 3 favs got in and tatiana is going home!!!! see ya!!

happy2bme
02-18-2009, 09:09 PM
I'm sooooo glad they didn't give air time to Tatiana's hysterics. I really though she was going to faint on the stage or something. 9 other people had their dreams crushed tonight too. :(

130star
02-18-2009, 09:09 PM
Did you see the line up for next week? Several good guys... should be interesting!

dreaminstacy67
02-18-2009, 09:45 PM
i really thought she was gonna pass out lol.... she acted very selfish i think, the others were clapping, smiling and singing alone with Danny.... she was crying and acting like a baby. very unappropriate.

suetalks
02-18-2009, 09:47 PM
I had written my 3 choices down and gave the paper to DH. He couldn't believe that I picked the 3 that were kept. Yay! I think it is the first time none of my favs got cut right off the bat. I must say that unless Michael steps it up I don't think he will outlast some of the other guys, but I like him.

dreaminstacy67
02-18-2009, 10:20 PM
michael is my hubby's fav. i like him too tho. hes like a big teddy bear lol... my other fav guy is on next week... the rocker dude with the makeup, adam lambert... cute kid lol... and one of the gals i like is on too... cant remember her name but she reminds me of reese witherspoon... anyways, im tickled about tonights keepers. i too guessed em sue lol... its great to be right eh? lol.... well until next week.... its stacy.. out lol

Clydegirl
02-18-2009, 10:33 PM
I missed the 12 for next week as I had to change channels for Lost.

techwife
02-18-2009, 11:08 PM
My prediction - Alexis will win the whole thing in the end. She's friggen awesome!

I can't remember the kid's name, but I'm sure you all know who I mean when I mention the guy with the headbands that is a total drama queen. He's from up here in my neck of the woods in Northern NY. I doubt he'll make it. He's pretty annoying. But, of course, I'm pulling for the local guy.

I also like the guy with the dark spiky hair. He is totally cool.

Okay...TTFN!!

JuliaDH
02-19-2009, 12:41 AM
K I am doing my happy dance too! My fave 3 made it too! And agree about not giving Tatianna air time to pout was a good AI choice. I dont think Mr Simon could handle much more out of her...same with headband boy.

Clydegirl
02-19-2009, 09:05 AM
Oh blimey Norman is on next week.

Wonder which character will show up?

dreaminstacy67
02-19-2009, 04:27 PM
if you close your eyes and dont look at norman/nick, and just listen.... he can really sing! then ya open your eyes and come back to reality lol... he is weird. i cant believe they put him through and not danny gokey's best friend. that kid could sing! and he had a style about him too. if after only one week, and i had to pick a winner, i'd have to pick danny... theres just something about that boy. classy.

stacy xx

MugCanDoIt
02-19-2009, 04:34 PM
I was kind of entertained by Tatiana. She was weird looking on tv and all, but I was interested in seeing her sing some more after she sang pretty descent one night. I thought she was a joke when she auditioned. And I CAN NOT BELIEVE Anoop is gone. He was the best on there. I cant help but think it had to do with his race. That a shame if it were the case. He was an awesome singer. Maybe we will see him elsewhere now that he got some tv airtime. As of right now Im liking the soulfull short blond headed girl who made it to the top 12. How exciting!

Ms Fluffernutter
02-19-2009, 04:50 PM
I love American Idol. I like to see how they have transformed from the try outs to now!!! It is amazing what hair and makeup can do...

I agree Tatiana was entertaining. I was wondering if they would have kept her for the entertainment value. (You never know what she was going to say)

130star
02-19-2009, 09:10 PM
I agree about Anoop, I thought he was one of the best guys on there. Maybe he stands a chance at being wildcard? Not sure how all that works.

dreaminstacy67
02-24-2009, 09:49 PM
Idol 2moro night ppl... and for those reading late, 2day lol... wednesday and thursday this week incase ya'll didnt know...

stacy x

Smiling_Sara
02-25-2009, 09:20 AM
Idol 2moro night ppl... and for those reading late, 2day lol... wednesday and thursday this week incase ya'll didnt know...

stacy x

lol, I put on Fox last night thinking where is IDOL!!! lol Glad to know it's on tonight.

dreaminstacy67
02-25-2009, 12:12 PM
i really really like adam lambert, hes the freaky guy who wears the makeup. hes cute AND can sing lol.. hope he does well.... theres a girl iin this grooup and cant remember her name. tell ya later lolol

stacy x

Clydegirl
02-25-2009, 03:11 PM
I like Adam as well.

Also the guy with the bald head, Matt I think.

We don't need Norman to get any further.

kats12
02-25-2009, 03:15 PM
I am a avid AI watcher! I like the new judge! Who are your Favs so far?

dreaminstacy67
02-25-2009, 08:05 PM
my 3 for toonight before they sing is meaghan joy, adam lambert and matt(bald guy)

Clydegirl
02-25-2009, 08:48 PM
Nick/Norman that was awful.

dreaminstacy67
02-25-2009, 09:42 PM
the thing is the little freak can sing lol.... meagan was great tonight... matt (bald) was good... cant wait to see what adams does

Clydegirl
02-25-2009, 11:31 PM
That was a really wierd show tonight.

I liked Adam, Megan and the guy who did the Michael Jackson song.

dreaminstacy67
02-26-2009, 07:52 AM
that WAS a bit weird.... pkay my picks b4 the vote off tonight is... Adam, Megan, and the reddish pink haired 16 yr old, i think her name is jesse, i cant remember lol.

stacy

JuliaDH
02-26-2009, 07:59 AM
That was definatly an odd show last night. I wonder how some of them made it this far. While others didnt. Hopefully y'all vote...wishing I could but alas as a Canadian I will have to wait for Canadian Idol. It comes on in the summer after. AI is over.

techwife
02-26-2009, 08:02 AM
I had four favorites. The Corkrey (sp) girl, the guy with the dark hair that looks like he should have been in Twilight, the girl with the menstrual red hair and the last brunette with the cute turned-up nose.

The guy with the weird costume and act seems like a mockery of American Idol. Thing is, when he takes of the stupid shirt and headband, he's actually quite nice looking. If he'd stop hiding behind his character, I think he'd have a lot to offer, but not making out the with the AI logo. Just weird. He's the Vote For the Worst pick, by the way. If we wanted a clown, I'd have rather kept Tatiana.

kats12
02-26-2009, 02:25 PM
Gosh- I have trouble remembering names. My favs are the last guys who sang the "Stones song" he was AWESOME, the nervous 16yr old who blew me away with the "Heart" song, the bald welder, and the barefoot blonde. In that order.

Last week's show, my 3 favs made it through!

Looking foward to tonight!! :cp:

suetalks
02-26-2009, 02:42 PM
Last week my 3 made it through also. So for tonight I am picking Adam (although he is wearing on me already) Alisson (16 yo redhead) and Meaghan (blonde with sleeve tat.) I know there were two other girls who will probably be the vote getters...but these are my 3.

dreaminstacy67
02-26-2009, 07:37 PM
allison is the gal who sang the heart song... shes one of my pics for 2night so i went to look up her name lol.... cant wait for it to come on.... 25 more minutes lol... i just hope that adam gets through... hes my top fav on this group.

Clydegirl
02-26-2009, 09:48 PM
Never saw tonight's show as it's my survivor night.

JuliaDH
02-26-2009, 10:52 PM
I am pleased with the results. Gotta love PVR just breeze right thru the boring stuff.

dreaminstacy67
02-27-2009, 09:52 AM
i was a little dis appointed.... the young guy with the dark hair... matt i think shouldnt be there... but my other 2 picks got through.... next week looks kinda boring....

JuliaDH
02-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Who knows if there will be drama...Nathaniel Marshall is on next week. To me he is like the male version of Tatianna.

suetalks
02-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Two of my three got through. I didn't even consider Kris...he just didn't interest me. I am sorry Megan did not make it, but maybe she will be chosen as a wild card.
Yeah, Nate is kind of starved for attention...and I think he will flip out if he doesn't make it. I feel sorry for some of the younger contestants that pin so much hope on this show.

kats12
02-27-2009, 03:33 PM
Yes! Thats so funny! He is the male version of Tatiana!! @ of my picks made it, so I am happy. Adam is one of my top favs of themm all so far. I aslo really like the blonde girl who made it through on the first show of the 36.

dreaminstacy67
02-27-2009, 11:12 PM
im hoping that megan will get through as a wild card... the judges seemed to like her, they said she was cute, and unique. so there is hope. nath is strange, sorry dont mean to offend anyone but he urks me. hollywood was the best with the way he was acting... i cant believe the freakin drama tho... way too much. i know they all want to make it but at what cost??? that one girl who wouldnt even say goodbye or anything to the blonde girl when she got sent home... that was ignorant. and bikini girl too, what a piece of work that one was.... i feel sorry for her family who had to sit and watch the performance of her. id be embarrassed, then id kick her rearend. lol. there was one girl that i liked at the start whos on next week.. the blondish with the pink underneath... long hair...okay, i went and looked it up lol.. kristen mcnamera.. and the blind fella..Scott MacIntyre . and im torn between alex and kendall.... theres my 3 for next week.. errr 4 lololol

stacy xx

techwife
03-04-2009, 07:09 AM
Ugh...AGAIN with the stupid headbands! You know, he's actually not a bad singer...if he'd just ditch the headgear.

Clydegirl
03-04-2009, 08:43 AM
Jorge and Lil were my 2 favs last night.

dreaminstacy67
03-04-2009, 09:51 AM
im having trouble picking my 3 favs... i like lil, kristen, and ju-not... not sure of his name lol..and i like the dark haired girl that they called back. nath... man those headbands gotta go!!

well, we'll see what happens tonight.

stacy xx

Clydegirl
03-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Oh boy.

Clydegirl
03-04-2009, 11:33 PM
Well they did it. They brought her back.

Hopefully tomorrow night will be the last night we have to endure Tatiana.

There are some good ones in the 8 they picked. I'm hoping Anoop goes through.

sm177
03-05-2009, 01:43 AM
I'm happy they picked Megan and Anoop!

Vegaspunkermom
03-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Come on Matt!! I called him from day 1, but I am pretty happy with the top 13 overall... the only thing I see wrong is Ju'not isnt there, and he was wonderful in my opinion!

Clydegirl
03-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Next week's theme is Michael Jackson.

Should be interesting.

kats12
03-09-2009, 04:16 PM
I am looking foward to tonoght! I am really glad Megan is a wildcard- she is so cute!

JuliaDH
03-09-2009, 05:37 PM
I am excited to see what happens tonight!

Clydegirl
03-09-2009, 07:59 PM
No, no tomorrow.

Tuesday night.

JuliaDH
03-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Stink today is only Monday??? ugh!

Clydegirl
03-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Yes they are pear.

Clydegirl
03-11-2009, 09:39 AM
Really good show last night.

This group of 13 is a very strong group.

My bottom 2 were Scott and Anoop.

Clydegirl
03-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Tonight is Grand Ole Opry with Randy Travis as mentor.

JuliaDH
03-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Not liking Adam tonight. Which makes me sad.
Anoop did great.
So did Allison
Disapointed in Danny tonight Which makes me sadder.

suetalks
03-17-2009, 10:33 PM
I was out of town for last week. I thought several of them were really good tonight. Megan, bless her heart, was good even though sick. I am still picking her although I know she won't make it to the end. Adam did nothing for me tonight, but I still think he will go far.
And Anoop...like Randy says "who knew?" I like too many...I am not sure about my fav. 3. haha

Clydegirl
03-18-2009, 08:32 AM
I loved Kris and Anoop last night.

I have always liked Megan. She did great being sick.

Did not enjoy Adam but he will make it through.

My bottom 2 were Michael and Scott.

They are all really good this year it's very difficult deciding who should stay and who should go.

happy2bme
03-18-2009, 09:11 AM
I thought Adam was disrespectful and is getting full of himself. Part of the competition is to handle several genres and even if "he'll NEVER go to Nashville", he could have at least respected the theme and picked a song and sang it. I hated his non-country, screechy performance. For once I agree with Simon's "that was indulgent".

I was really impressed that Megan could be that sick and sing so well without coughing her head off. Danny was a little disappointing but sometimes it's like that.

I do agree with some of the judges alternative suggestions for song choices for some of the singers but instead of what they had but I tend to think the show pushes the songs on them rather than they pick whatever they want.

Lotta good people, getting harder to pick who goes home.

happy2bme
03-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Totally bummed out. I thought for sure they'd save her. I think she went home way ahead of her time. And I'm not sure I believe it was all based on phone in voting...

Clydegirl
03-18-2009, 10:09 PM
I didn't think she sang well last night. The arrangement was terrible.

This is a strong season, one bad night and you're gone.

suetalks
03-18-2009, 10:20 PM
I was shocked that a girl went home. When she and Michael were up there I was sure he would leave. I liked her from the first, but didn't like last night's song. Never dreamed it would get her sent home though.
I was kind of hoping Adam would go home. I don't think he is as likely as most to sell cd's, even though he has a great voice. I can totally see him on Broadway or fronting a band, just not doing a concert alone. Does that make sense?

My girl Megan came through again. I am also liking Kris. But it will be sad to see any of them go home now.

paperclippy
03-19-2009, 10:36 AM
Am I the only one who thought Adam's performance was not just the best of the night, but the best Idol performance I've ever heard? He's an amazing singer, and they judges are always all about staying "true to yourself." Remember how much they loved Blake Lewis's bizarre rendition of "You give love a bad name"? Or David Cook's "Billie Jean"?

suetalks
03-19-2009, 02:34 PM
Jessica- Sorry, no, I don't agree with that statement. But...I have had this argument for two days with my daughter, so obviously she would be on your side. LOL..
Maybe it is a generation thing. I am OLD.

Ruthxxx
03-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Well, I adored Adam's performance and I'm nearly three times Jessica's age at 70! Maybe it skips generations. :lol:

paperclippy
03-19-2009, 03:20 PM
LOL, maybe it's partially because I don't have any particular attachment to the original Johnny Cash version of the song. I'd guess a lot of younger viewers, especially the ones who are not country fans, have never even heard the original.

My favorite Johnny Cash song is his cover of Nine Inch Nails's "Hurt." I figure if Johnny Cash could cover a NIN song (and do it better than the original), he'd approve of Adam's cover of one of his songs!

techwife
03-19-2009, 03:30 PM
I thought it was weird, myself, but I agree Johnny Cash...a TRUE musician...would have probably loved it.

I'm mad Alexis is gone. :(

paperclippy
03-19-2009, 03:55 PM
I do think Alexis should have stuck around longer, but I don't think she would have won. I was hoping that Scott would go home, since I don't think he's a particularly good singer and I don't really like his style of music anyway. I was surprised Allison got into the bottom three though!

Clydegirl
03-19-2009, 05:31 PM
Jessica I agree with you about Scott. I have just not been that impressed with him.

I was shocked that Alison was in the bottom 3.

I like Adam but that was a bit wierd the other night.

Motown next week.

suetalks
03-19-2009, 10:16 PM
Well, I am 60, so I don't know about skipping generations. haha.
I do agree that the late Johnny Cash would have probably loved Adam's version of his song. I think he has a great voice..and will go far. I just didn't care for it.

Wonder what songs they will do for Motown week? Most of them will probably do really well.

Clydegirl
03-25-2009, 10:24 PM
Wow good show tonight.

Lot of good performances.

suetalks
03-25-2009, 10:39 PM
I was disappointed with some of the singers. I thought the judges were right on for most of them. I am not an Adam or Allison fan, but I think they are the top 2. Scott, Michael or Megan will probably go home. I still think Megan is good and hope she gets another chance.

Clydegirl
03-26-2009, 12:04 AM
I loved Adam and Kris.

My bottom 2 were Michael and Scott. Scott probably won't go home. It will be between Michael and Megan I think.

Adam was smokin' hot tonight.

squeak351
03-26-2009, 09:43 AM
I thought Adam was great last night. Adam and Danny are my favorites. Adam is my Dd's new love! LOL She wants to marry him. Can't say I don't blame her, he has gorgeous eyes. My vote to go home Michael Sarver. Just am not a fan of his. Scott is the other choice just because his vocals aren't as good. I am not a Megan fan either.

Too funny Simon drew on Paula's face. LOL I got so choked I nearly peed on myself! :D

suetalks
03-26-2009, 10:58 AM
I also thought Lil would "knock it out of the park" last night...but did not like her even a li'l bit. I would not be unhappy to see her go...but the judges think she is Top 2 material.
Kris has improved each week and his song choices have been good. I really like him.
I like Michael Sarver's personality, but would not be sad if he goes home this week.

Ruthxxx
03-26-2009, 11:12 AM
This sounds mean but I wonder if Scott would still be there if he were not blind. I think he's a great pianist but just an adequate singer. I expected more of Lil but kind of wonder about her. She seems sort of "dated" - and I'm really old!

Adam was fantastic. That lad sure cleans up real good :lol: although the whole rocker get-up really fascinated me. I wonder if he'll go back to it.

paperclippy
03-26-2009, 01:53 PM
Ruth, I agree about Scott. Actually I was watching Best Week Ever on VH1 last week and they said "Just because he's blind doesn't mean you have to pretend you're deaf." I do think he's a great pianist, but he's just an average singer. He should have been cut in Hollywood week.

I was also underwhelmed with Lil. She consistently picks the wrong songs! I feel bad for her, because I do think she's a good singer. I also don't get why they all love Matt so much. IMO his voice is not great but they keep saying he's one of the best.

I am ready to lose Scott and Michael. I like Megan, but she is more in the competition because she is unique than because she's one of the best singers. I wish she would sing something really jazzy though because I think that's what she'd sound best doing.

Adam and Allison are still my favorites, although I have to say I like the glam-rock Adam better than clean-cut Adam. ;) I hope we get more glam out of him next week!

Clydegirl
03-26-2009, 11:45 PM
I was really surprised that Matt was in the bottom 2.

JuliaDH
03-27-2009, 07:43 AM
This sounds mean but I wonder if Scott would still be there if he were not blind. I think he's a great pianist but just an adequate singer. I expected more of Lil but kind of wonder about her. She seems sort of "dated" - and I'm really old!

Adam was fantastic. That lad sure cleans up real good :lol: although the whole rocker get-up really fascinated me. I wonder if he'll go back to it.

Ruthie you took the words out of my mouth! I completely agree! I thought Lil & Scott would be in the bottom! Sad to see Micheal go.

squeak351
03-27-2009, 10:06 AM
I was so glad Michael went home last night. Did you see Matt's face ? His whole demeanor changed. He barely smiled , yeah I know he was bottom 3 but at least be a good loser.

I actually agree with Scott going home next. Just average. Yeah, he's a good pianist not an outstanding singer though. Lil I am not sure about her yet. I thought she'd do better this week but nope.. I like her but don't want her to win.

paperclippy
03-27-2009, 01:32 PM
I think America had the right bottom 3 this week. I don't know, I just don't get what the big deal is about Matt. I think the judges are maybe seeing something live that we're just not getting on TV maybe, because they all love him but apparently the voters at home, like me, don't think he's that great.

I do think he's better than Scott and Michael, but I don't think he has a shot of winning the competition. Also I wish they'd stop putting weird makeup over that mole in the middle of his forehead. Seriously, when you put makeup on a mole it just makes it look like a wart instead!

LisaMarie71
03-27-2009, 04:01 PM
There are some serious makeup issues this year! Poor Adam's acne problem isn't helped by the thick layer of pancake makeup. It's fine until they do a closeup. He does have beautiful eyes, though.

He was great this week. I also really liked Kris and Matt. Hated Lil (she just yelled), Danny (he bores me), and Scott (agree with everyone else -- just not a good singer!) Oh, and Megan is horrific. "Different" doesn't always mean good. She's a nightmare.

Clydegirl
03-31-2009, 02:24 PM
Tonight's theme is I-Tunes top 100.

kats12
03-31-2009, 02:38 PM
I am excited to see the show tonight!! My favs are Adam & Allison. I hope Lil Rounds comes through tonight- she is another fav.

Freezerpop
03-31-2009, 10:11 PM
I can't really put my finger on why, I mean he can SING, but Adam just makes my skin crawl every single week.

I'm a Gokey fangirl, and he did one of my favorite songs tonight. :D So I'm biased. Allison could have done so much better. I really liked her in the beginning but I'm actually starting to like Megan more.

Everyone else tonight was just so "meh" to me.

Clydegirl
04-01-2009, 12:06 AM
I loved Kris tonight and Danny was a close second.

paperclippy
04-01-2009, 08:55 AM
I am a big fan of Adam in general, but not a huge fan of "Play that funky music." Oh well! I thought Kris was great last night. Allison wasn't as good as usual either. Lil was better than usual, but still picked the wrong song. :p

I usually like Danny, but for some reason I didn't like him last night. I think it's because I love that song so much, and anyone else singing it just sounds like a poor imitation. It's like how they always say on the show never to sing songs by Whitney Houston because you just can't compare to the original.

I actually really liked Anoop last night. True, he doesn't have Usher's dance moves, but he does have a good voice for that type of song.

kats12
04-01-2009, 12:57 PM
I was a little disappointed in last nights show- I thought it would be better.

squeak351
04-01-2009, 12:59 PM
I missed half of American Idol :(

I didn't get to see Danny or Allison and they are two of my fav's. DD still loves Adam. My pick to go home Matt or Scott. I didn't like either of them last night regardless of what the judges said.

sweetandspicy
04-01-2009, 01:24 PM
I thought it should have been more exciting. I liked Adam, DAnny and Kris. The girls are not that great this year. Allison seems to have one week on one week off. I think her age will be the biggest obstacle for her to overcome.

LisaMarie71
04-01-2009, 03:38 PM
I thought Kris was fantastic and everyone else pretty much sucked. No one sucks as much as Megan, though. Wow. If she doesn't go home, there's seriously something wrong with the world.

sweetandspicy
04-01-2009, 03:54 PM
Lisa MArie
I agree and I thought she was very obnoxios saying i know my fans like it and things like that

LisaMarie71
04-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Yes, Amy, that's the second week in a row she's mentioned her "fans." It's just a little presumptuous of her to talk as though she has a huge fan base already, especially since she has zero singing skills. She got on the show because of an unusual quality to her voice, but she hasn't lived up to her potential at all because, quite simply, she can't sing!! Ugh, she's one of the worst that has ever been on there, and that's including Sanjaya! At least he had some kind of stage presence!

Riverite
04-01-2009, 07:20 PM
I like Megan. I don't think she is the best singer in the show, but I love her quirky personality and confidence. I'm going against the grain here, but I hope she stays and can choose a better song that would fit her unusual voice. But, I didn't vote for her, so I don't have any room to complain if she does go home.

suetalks
04-01-2009, 08:16 PM
I also still like Megan...wish she would pick a song to really show she CAN sing. But I fear she or Anoop will be going home. Maybe even Matt?
I have been a Kris fan more each week and I loved him this week.
Funny thing about Adam...I didn't hate him this week. :)
Tonight should be interesting.

squeak351
04-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Pearfreak- That's what I've been saying from the beginning. They are my picks for final two.

Clydegirl
04-02-2009, 02:55 PM
I like Danny, Adam and Kris.

Kris is really growing on me.

paperclippy
04-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Kris is growing on me too. I'm glad Megan went home. She wasn't a very good sport about it though IMO.

WHEN will we get rid of Scott already??

mygritsconfessions
04-02-2009, 03:31 PM
I like Kris too! Some of the others I have had enough of......LOL

kats12
04-03-2009, 12:49 PM
Yes, Amy, that's the second week in a row she's mentioned her "fans." It's just a little presumptuous of her to talk as though she has a huge fan base already, especially since she has zero singing skills. She got on the show because of an unusual quality to her voice, but she hasn't lived up to her potential at all because, quite simply, she can't sing!! Ugh, she's one of the worst that has ever been on there, and that's including Sanjaya! At least he had some kind of stage presence!

I thought that was a little presumptous as well! I was really surprised when she told Simon she didn't care. It was funny, Simon was shocked, but I think it hurt her in the end. A little humble pie goes a long way!!

Suzanne 3FC
04-03-2009, 01:43 PM
I really like Kris and hope he wins, but Adam will win.

We need some sort of betting pool going. We can bet push-ups or something :lol:

kats12
04-06-2009, 01:17 PM
What a great idea! Its a little early yet but I think Adam may take it but you never know!!

Clydegirl
04-06-2009, 02:17 PM
I'm going out on a limb Kris will win :)

Suzanne push-ups, yikes :dizzy:

lilybelle
04-06-2009, 02:49 PM
I just now caught up with this thread but have watched AI each week. Very glad to see that Megan finally went home. My fav's are Adam and Allison. (although I hated when Adam did the Johnny Cash song). My third favorite is Danny Gokey. I do think Scott is very talented and has a pleasant voice and expect he'll be in the top 5.

kats12
04-07-2009, 12:32 PM
tonight will be interesting! Anyone know the theme?

Ruthxxx
04-07-2009, 12:51 PM
They are singing a selection from the year they were born.

sweetandspicy
04-07-2009, 03:29 PM
I hope tonight is a good one too. Disappointed in last weeks song choices for some. I hope Allison picks well, i think a good song to display her vocals will keep her out of the bottom 3, Scott is talented, but does not have a range. Adam is the most talented performer however his lifestyle might be his downfall, Danny Gokey is very talented and has the story to pull it off.

Clydegirl
04-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Adam knocked it out of the ballpark tonight.

Suzanne can I change my prediction? ;)

Clydegirl
04-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Pear did you not like Adam tonight?

I wasn't that kean on what Danny did.

Allison also was vey good.

squeak351
04-08-2009, 09:55 AM
My three fav's are still the same Danny, Adam and Allison. My vote to go home is Scott or Lil. Did anyone else notice Lil's country accent when she sings? Now I am as country as you can get and even from the same state as Lil but I don't think she should let so much of her accent show in her singing. Didn't they fuss at Jorge for that?

Smiling_Sara
04-08-2009, 10:03 AM
my dvr cut out before adam sang!? did american idol go over the usual amount of time?

Mummy_Tummy
04-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Yeah! People to discuss American Idol with! I live in the UK but am addicted to AI and watch it every week. I haven't read the rest of this thread as it's soooo long so I have no idea if I'm putting myself in the line of fire or not but I absolutely loooove Adam. He is such an amazing singer and commands the stage, just leagues above everyone else.

My problem is it's not on til Thursday and Friday nights over here so I'll have to avoid this thread until then!

sweetandspicy
04-08-2009, 02:34 PM
I almost missed Adam but I caught the last 5 mintues. It apparently went 7 minutes over. Adam did very well. I also Like DAnny and Allison. My pick to go home tonight is Lil however she has never been in the bottom and Matt and Allison have been twice before. It will be intersting who will go home. I think Lil has a beautiful voice but for once I agree with Kara in that she needs to figure out how to be an artist.

Smiling_Sara
04-08-2009, 02:46 PM
BornToFly... yup it ended somewheres around 9 after. A lot of people missed Adam's performance if they had dvd. Bummer.

that is a major bummer, he's one of my fav's. Maybe I can catch it on youtube or something.

Suzanne 3FC
04-08-2009, 02:54 PM
It's all over youtube and on www.rickey.org so you can catch it. It's well worth looking for! :yes:

silversparkle
04-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Did anyone else notice this??? At the beginning of the show Ryan said they would be performing in order of age, oldest to youngest. I was excited because Allison is my favorite and I knew she was the youngest so she should have went last. However, she was sixth with Matt and Adam going AFTER her. How does that happen? I didnít think it was fair.

Clydegirl
04-08-2009, 10:49 PM
I agree with Simon's decision tonight.

Clydegirl
04-09-2009, 02:41 PM
The theme next week is movie song night.

JuliaDH
04-09-2009, 03:37 PM
I agree with Simon's choice too.
Lil is having a hard time. I think that she will be next.

sweetandspicy
04-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Lil is having a hard time finding herself. If she sings another average Dvia song next week I am sure she will be gone. Anoop also needs to make his mark. he will definately be in the bottom 3. I would not mind seeing Kris go, he is talented but he and Matt are just like every other male singer out there they need to step it up too....

Mummy_Tummy
04-10-2009, 04:21 AM
Lil is like a million other singers out there. Good voice but forgettable. I feel the same about all the guys, too except Adam (of course! His version of Mad World was hauntingly beautiful) and Danny Gokey. I don't think Danny's in the same league as Adam but I like his laid back, chilled out, slightly geeky performances and he's got such a smooth voice. Allison...I'm not sold. She's got no shade to her voice...no light and dark...no experience of the world to flavour her performances. She's good for a sixteen year old and in maybe 10 years, after she's lived a little, she'll be amazing but not right now.

littlejojo
04-11-2009, 06:45 AM
I hope Adam wins : )

kats12
04-13-2009, 12:59 PM
I am sticking with my original favs- Adam & Allison. Adam shows many faces & wows me every time. Allison is a mind- blower. She is only 16 & sounds like that- amazing. I think they will both have huge careers & be in the public eye for many years to come!

Clydegirl
04-14-2009, 11:02 PM
Tonight I think it will be Lil and maybe Matt in the bottom 2.

I thought that Allison was rough in parts and Adam shouted a lot. I did not know Kris's song. I enjoyed Danny. Anoop wasn't too bad. He could be in danger just because he's been bottom 3 the past few weeks.

Should be interesting tomorrow.

lilybelle
04-15-2009, 11:21 AM
I missed last nights show, I hope my fav's (adam and allison) did well.

paperclippy
04-15-2009, 11:33 AM
I think they probably will do bottom 3 for this week since there are still 7 contestants and then switch to bottom 2 next week.

I was so glad that Adam brought back his funky hair and eyeliner! :lol: He's pretty hot. I had hoped that Allison would do a lot better than she did with that song. I thought she should have picked a higher key.

Danny and Kris were both pretty good. I actually thought Lil finally did well this week although the judges didn't agree. I thought Anoop was pretty good too. Still not a fan of Matt, I'm hoping he goes home.

Clydegirl
04-15-2009, 01:56 PM
I'm thinking tonight they will divide them into 2 groups of 3 and say to the one left over "which group do you think you are in?". I hate when they do that.

Clydegirl
04-15-2009, 11:02 PM
So I was wrong ;)

They used the save don't know if that was wise. 2 have to go next week.

Disco week next.

kats12
04-21-2009, 01:11 PM
does anyone know what the theme is tonight? 2 are going home!! This should be interesting. I am sad to see any of them go now!

Clydegirl
04-21-2009, 01:38 PM
It's disco night tonight.

2 going home this week.

Bear
04-21-2009, 09:48 PM
They'll definitely be the bottom three. I like lil, but I'm almost sure she'll be going home.

But wow I was thoroughly disappointed tonight. It's disco week! Not sing a slow song week. Bah. Disco should be fun, dancey, and lighthearted. I so wanted to see Adam sing another fun song. : ( My ultimate desire is to hear him sing a great screamy aerosmith song. Hells yea.

Anyway I'm sure Adam will win. I don't like allison, she'd look way better without that crappy pink hair. She looks like a trollie doll. Chris/Kris (no idea) is creepy to me. He has a weird look to him. Danny I think is mediocre in voice. Anoop has a great voice, but I don't like his personality much... I'm kind of critical haha.

Clydegirl
04-21-2009, 10:08 PM
That was a wierd night. I'm with you all think that it will be Anoop and Lil bottom 2.

Kris is one of my favs.

I thought Danny was awful screechy tonight. Adam could have sang the phone book. Allison did OK not her best week. Matt will probably be safe this week.

Should be interesting tomorrow.

squeak351
04-22-2009, 08:45 AM
Sorry but I can't stand Kris. He has weird mouth movements and it totally bugs me. I wasn't a big fan of any song that the contestants sung last night. Lil needs to go. And then Matt, then Kris. I don't know why they saved Matt they should of just let him go last week. I like Anoop's voice but he needs to spice it up a little. Danny, Adam and Allison are my fav's. I am sure those three all have a career in the music biz.

Ruthxxx
04-22-2009, 08:53 AM
Anoop's eyebrows must be getting bigger - they remind me of black caterpillars.
I agree that he, Matt and Lil will be bottom three tomorrow night.
As to Adam, as my Southern friend says, "I could just sop him up with a biscuit!"

Jen415
04-22-2009, 09:37 AM
Some people should NOT wear black cat suits (I'm looking at YOU, Lil Rounds!!)

Matt and Lil will be going home tonight....

sweetandspicy
04-22-2009, 09:54 AM
Jen that was exactly what I was thinking. My husband who never noticed that cat suit. Also Lil has great vocals but how many times do they have to tell her that she needs to make things her own. It is like a broken record. She needs to go and needs to loose the attitude.

Matt started off strong and fizzled out just like always.

Kris- is a great singer and does know who he is, but he needs that extra soemthing that Adam has.

Allison- Needs better song choices and wardrobe advice.

Anoop- also needs better song choices and pink???

Adam- is a rockstar already and he makes everyone else look bad eventhough they are not bad at all. He has that performance things that Kris needs stage presence maybe???

Danny- is great a total different style than Adam but he is great reminds me of country pop or christian pop maybe??

paperclippy
04-22-2009, 10:39 AM
They should never have saved Matt last week. I'm hoping it's Matt and Lil going home this week.

I agree with you all, it was a weird night. I kept waiting for some good disco and not getting it! I was really hoping Adam would go all-out and sing some Donna Summer. I was disappointed with him tonight because I thought it was just more of the same and I wanted something new!

squeak351
04-22-2009, 10:55 AM
Some people should NOT wear black cat suits (I'm looking at YOU, Lil Rounds!!)

LMBO!!!

HAH! And I thought I was the only one who thought that. :lol:

kats12
04-22-2009, 02:02 PM
My prediction for the bottom 2 are Lil & Matt. I hate it because they are both great vocalists, but then I think they ALL are!! I still love Adam & Allison for my top 2 but Kris really stood out to me last night- he is adorable.
Oh Anoops eyebrows- HUGE!

sweetandspicy
04-22-2009, 03:22 PM
What about Anoops mustache???

Bear
04-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Awww, I thought Lil looked great in that outfit xD. I wish I looked like that in that outfit o.o.

I'm getting tired of listening to the judges overused "criticism." "It's pitchy." "Wrong song choice." It's all they say. I have absolutely no idea what they wanted Lil to sing all this time. I don't think her getting a little annoyed the past few weeks is unexpected at all.

Paula actually knew what visceral meant! I think that's a great feat for her. But I still want her and Kara gone. I'd much rather the panel just be Randy and Simon lol. But if they need three judges, Kara over Paula!

paperclippy
04-23-2009, 09:17 AM
Amy, LOL, I hated Anoop's mustache!

sweetandspicy
04-23-2009, 10:09 AM
I was suprised by Allison too. She has been in the bottom 3 more than any other contestant not already voted off. She needs wardrobe advise and song choice advise and she will thrive. I thought for sure Matt would be gone. But I am ok with it being Anoop and Lil. I think Anoop new it was coming just whether it was this week or next. Lil I think was more suprised but went out with grace. I think they all are very talented but need to figure how out to stand out and show how they are original.

Clydegirl
04-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Tomorrow's theme is "Rat Pack".

I think Adam will do well and look the part.

suetalks
04-28-2009, 10:48 PM
I still like Kris, but Simon put him and Allison down and praised the other 3. I thought Matt should go when he was saved, but looks like they are pumping him up now. I am so confused. They are all pretty darn good.

Now, saying that, I have said all along that Allison, Adam and Danny will most likely be the final 3...even though I don't have to like it. :)
* Allison might not make it after tonight.

sweetandspicy
04-29-2009, 09:14 AM
I think simon was using reverse psycology on the viewers, saying allison might go, to get more votes for her and saying matt was good so maybe he would get less votes??? I think that matt schould go. I like kris he can sing but he sounds the same every song and he does not have the entire package- he is missing stage prescence like Adam and Danny. I thought Allison sounded great last night she picked a great song to showcase her vocals. Adam is amazing.

squeak351
04-29-2009, 09:45 AM
I want Kris to go. He has weird mouth movements that irk me. I also want Matt to go. His mole irks me too! LOL

I guess I am just irked! LMBO :dizzy:

Here's my pics.

#1 Adam
#2 Danny
#3 Allison

I still think Adam will win it. He is way to good. He has the whole package. Danny is good and I would love to see him do some Christian pop music. Allison I think needs a few more years to mature.

JuliaDH
04-29-2009, 09:56 AM
ugh I feel asleep before adam performed!

sweetandspicy
04-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Julia Itunes has the performances that you can download and I am sure somewhere you could watch clips from last night. I thought the performance was excellent. Adams performance that is...

suetalks
04-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Beth- You have the same picks that a lot of people have been saying for weeks. That order wouldn't surprise me, but sometimes there is a surprise in there....look at Daughtery.

I also think Danny would be a powerful Christian singer (and I think he does that already) as does Kris if I am not mistaken. I still like Kris, but know he won't win. Just wish he would make the final 3.

Clydegirl
04-29-2009, 01:14 PM
I loved all of them last night, thought they did a great job.

I think the bottom 2 will be Matt and Allison.

The guys all looked good.

Clydegirl
04-29-2009, 11:00 PM
Pear yes that was a surprise.

I have not read the interview.Will go and look for it.

sweetandspicy
04-30-2009, 10:24 AM
I was so worried Adam would go home. i think everyone was shocked.

Ruthxxx
04-30-2009, 10:28 AM
What interview? I am still in shock over MY ADAM being in the bottom two!

squeak351
04-30-2009, 10:36 AM
I didn't see any interview will have to go search for that.

I was in complete shock OMG! Adam out sang the others, what was America thinking? I am thinking the judges should of saved the SAVE until they really needed it instead of wasting it on Matt.

Next week should be interesting.

suetalks
04-30-2009, 11:12 AM
Woo Hoo, Kris is safe again. Even though I am pretty sure he will not make final 3...still one more week is great!

I wonder about the bottom 3 some weeks. Do we really believe Adam got less votes than Allison? or Kris? If that is the case maybe Adam won't win like everyone thinks.

Next week Rock and Roll. They should all be good.

squeak351
05-06-2009, 01:21 PM
What did ya'll think about last night?

Adam and Allison nailed it during the duet. They sang WAY better than Danny and Kris, wonder if they drew straws on who they got to sing a duet with.

Here's my picks

1. Adam
2. Allison ( I know, I am a Gokey fan, but she did great last night)
3. Danny
4. Kris

Does hearing the judges say the same thing over and over get on anyone elses nerves? They all really irritate me now. I just wish they'd let Simon be the judge and dismiss everyone else. Even Randy get's on my nerves with all the "Yo" and "Dog' stuff... it's getting old.

paperclippy
05-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Squeak, I was thinking that for the duets the producers must have specifically put Adam and Allison together and made them the last performance of the night -- they knew that with that pair it would be the best!

I think Kris is going home this week. He was "just aight" as Randy would say. Danny, I love the guy, but that scream at the end of the song? Bad idea, Simon was right, it was like something from a horror movie. He nailed the rest of the song though and was great in the duet.

I thought Allison was great. For some reason I really want to hear her sing a Christina Aguilera song (like "Fighter" or "Dirrty"). Adam is my fave, but honestly I didn't think he was that great last night. Maybe it's just because I had really high hopes for him to sing any number of my favorite songs, and instead he sang something I don't know! I was really hoping for something like "The Show Must Go On" by Queen from him (or any Queen song, really, since he has the range to do it). Or even something like "Welcome to the Jungle," that would have been awesome.

DH pointed out that it takes more than singing someone else's popular song well to make someone a "rock god." :lol:

The judges are getting on my nerves too. I'm sick of Paula and Simon's childish games they're always playing.

sweetandspicy
05-06-2009, 02:49 PM
I hope kris is the one to go but honestly i love all 4 of them and it will be sad to see anyone go. I just feel over all singing and performances Danny, Allison and Adam have done very well but from the sound of th audience kris has a lot of fans mind u i believe they are 11 year old girls.

Renacer
05-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Danny was horrendous and I, personally, don't like him.

Clydegirl
05-06-2009, 03:17 PM
I'm a Kris fan :)

I thought it was obvious last night that the powers that be want Adam and Allison for the finale.

I think Danny should go home tonight. He just was not that good.

JuliaDH
05-06-2009, 03:44 PM
There is to much harmony and getting along with the judges. Its more interesting when they dont agree!

suetalks
05-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Woo hoo another week for Kris. I was really surprised that Allison went home however.
Have always thought Adam and Allison would be 1-2 and Danny 3. Wow, was I wrong. Happy, happy to be wrong!!

Clydegirl
05-06-2009, 11:21 PM
I think Danny was lucky tonight.

So glad to see Kris still in the competition.

paperclippy
05-08-2009, 08:35 AM
What did you guys think of Paula's performance??

Renacer
05-08-2009, 09:27 AM
What did you guys think of Paula's performance??

I was happy to see her doing what she loves doing. In my opinion, she might be a little cuckoo as a judge in the show but she has been always an excellent dancer and choreographer.

sweetandspicy
05-08-2009, 09:34 AM
Paulas performance was ok I think she may need to re-think some of the lyrics with her age it was hard to hear her sing about making out?

Anyway I told my husband it would be Allison. I was sorry to see her go but I do not think she had a chance to win and she has been in the bottom 2/3 more than anyone else. She needs to mature some and she will be a superstar

Pear- I agree with you on Danny he had a bad week well at least one bad song and he admitted it and hopefully he will move on and blow them away this next week.

Kris is ok and he is attractive but there is something missing . He is just like that guy eveyone knows who can sing slow songs. Adam is already a star and will do well now matter what. Danny has a lot of talent and will do well too.

EZMONEY
05-09-2009, 12:22 PM
I have been hit and miss with the show this season, after the first few weeks, but I am a little bit aware of Adam and Whole Lotta Love...anyway, Angie and I had company from church last night and our vicar and his wife have been watching it. I learn that Adam is from our area, about 15 miles away, I didn't know that....here is a link from our local paper this morning...at his alma mater....a rival of mine ;)

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2009/05/08/news/sandiego/z246cf81fa4f0e162882575af0069bd43.txt

EZMONEY
05-09-2009, 11:26 PM
SMURFGIRL I don't know who Danny is. I haven't watched since the first couple of weeks, I just know Adam from all the times he shows up on my home page under the entertainment section.

I used to watch AI all the time...until Kelli Pickler was robbed! I have been boycotting it ever since..

boy has that girl grown.

EZMONEY
05-09-2009, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the link SMURFGIRL

EZMONEY
05-09-2009, 11:45 PM
I wore my fingers to nubbs dialing for the Pickler...

EZMONEY
05-09-2009, 11:50 PM
She would never vote for Kellie Pickler...but I do have her on AI speed dial

EZMONEY
05-10-2009, 12:04 AM
No wonder Kellie doesn't answer me! I thought I was being dissed...calling information for her new number....

EZMONEY
05-10-2009, 08:15 AM
SMURFGIRL I may have better luck locating her plastic surgeon's number

Clydegirl
05-13-2009, 09:01 AM
Truth be told I didn't vote.

If Kris doesn't get through you can blame me.

JuliaDH
05-13-2009, 09:23 AM
last night was :flame:WOW:flame:

jessica1975
05-13-2009, 09:28 AM
I really want Kris to win but I'm afraid he will be the next to go home. Hoping I'm wrong, though!

paperclippy
05-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Okay, here's my rundown of the evening:

Danny's judge choice song: Good, as usual, but a little too screamy for me.
Danny's contestant choice song: Awesome! I liked that he brought it down in the beginning.

Kris's judge choice song: Man, I was hoping he'd do something great, but that was really not so good. He's a good singer, but he can't hit that falsetto note like the original singer could, so he should have done something else. Plus he looked like he was concentrating more on the piano than the singing -- he shouldn't have used the piano. If he goes home it's because of this song.
Kris's contestant choice song: Love it!!! He "blew it out the box" as Randy would say with that one, but I don't know if it was enough to cover up the other song.

Adam's judge choice song: Adam's my fave, so of course I love all his songs. I thought he did a great job and I liked his arrangement, but sometimes I wish he would stop hitting so many high notes. It's like, okay, we know you can sing high notes. You don't have to do it every single time!
Adam's contestant choice song: Great!

paperclippy
05-13-2009, 10:06 AM
Oh, and I always vote! Usually I just vote once for whoever I like (in the early rounds I vote for multiple people), but I like Adam enough to vote multiple times for him.

suetalks
05-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Kris for the win...that is still my stance. :)

InthePINK
05-13-2009, 01:02 PM
I love my Danny. But as great as I think he is, I think the show wanted Adam as the American Idol from day one and it will play out that way, like it or not. Pink

Riverite
05-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Last night was, mostly, pretty awesome. I am impressed with the final three this year.

paperclippy - I am an Adam fan, too. I also agree, however, that he needs to stop hitting all the high notes all the time. It started to make me laugh last night as he got into the Aerosmith song. That said, I still would love to see him win. As a rocker myself, I am incapable of voting any other way. This season is fun, because I usually stop voting after the rockers leave. I can't believe I had two to choose from up until last week! I'm guessing that a fair number of Allison voters (like me) switched over to Adam last night.

I just don't get Danny. He seems like a nice kid and he can sing. But to me, all his songs sound the same. I usually get bored and start doing other things, like watering my flowers or cleaning up the kitchen. However, I must be in the minority here since he seems to glide through consistently.

Kris' second song was really awesome. At first, I didn't really pay too much attention to Kris, but these last few weeks, he has really turned it on.

Tonight will be interesting.

squeak351
05-13-2009, 01:16 PM
It must be just be but I couldn't stand Kris's last song. Yucko... I will be very disappointed if he stays tonight. I still can't get over his silly facial expressions when he sings.

I am a Gokey fan, but I have to agree that all his songs are starting to sound the same. I thought Paula's choice song was not a good choice at all.

Adam, love him, love him, love him. I can't wait to see what he does AFTER american idol. I bet he is rock star bound.

Does anyone know how many time you could vote?

Last night I got 22 votes to go through. Did it count them all or does it only count the first one?

paperclippy
05-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Beth, you can vote as many times as you want. I think they count votes for two hours after the show ends, so as many times as your call goes through is how many votes get counted.

squeak351
05-13-2009, 02:58 PM
well, that means I voted 22 times. I kept thinking we had a limit! lol

Riverite
05-13-2009, 05:26 PM
I didn't know you could vote as many times as you want. That kinda makes me feel like my one vote doesn't count much...

Back on Track
05-13-2009, 10:49 PM
I love Danny and Adam!!!

I cannot believe Kris made it through to the final. I have never been able to watch a entire performance of his, thank goodness for DVR!! At first I thought it was just the STRANGE thing he does with his LIPS that I couldn't stand so I tried closing my eyes and listening....nope. Just plain ol don't care for the guy. I am very very disappointed. If he wins the final my idol watching days may just be done.

Clydegirl
05-13-2009, 11:28 PM
I love Kris. However he will have to do really good next week to beat Adam.

Riverite
05-13-2009, 11:37 PM
Kris might have a good chance. Didn't they say there was only 1 million votes between the top two? At first, one million seems like a lot, but after you think about the amount of votes coming in--it isn't that much.

JerseyGyrl
05-14-2009, 08:06 AM
Kris might have a good chance. Didn't they say there was only 1 million votes between the top two? At first, one million seems like a lot, but after you think about the amount of votes coming in--it isn't that much.

Especially if a lot of the people that would've voted for Danny....vote for Kris.
Don't get me wrong, I like Adam and he is certainly talented...that being said, he's just gotten a tad over-confident for my liking.
Lets hope America gets it right a 2nd year in a row!;)

squeak351
05-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Ewww... Don't want Kris to win at all. My top two (If I got to pick today) would be Allison and Adam. I hated to see Allison go home. I don't think her pink hair helped her at all. Anywho... My votes will be for Adam. Over confident or not he is a hottie and he can SING, SING, SING.

Back on Track.. I have to agree.. even with my eyes cloese dI can't stand Kris's singing. I hated his version of heartless that the judges all raved about. I don't have DVR but it makes me want to get one just so I can fastforward when he is on the screen.

Suzanne 3FC
05-14-2009, 09:10 AM
I really like Kris. I think his voice is beautiful and he seems like a genuinely nice person. I always thought Danny was just too generic. He has a great personality, but I didn't like listening to him sing. Adam does seem over the top, but he has been starring in musical theater for many years and it's just who he is. I think that at this point, it won't matter if Adam wins or not, he'll get signed anyway and the winner isn't always the one that gets the glory. Besides, they always make the winner sing a really awful song for their first single.

janellody
05-14-2009, 09:50 AM
I am so happy with the final 2! I was very dissapointed when Allison went home over Danny (I am sorry but screaming Aerosmith doesn't do it for me). Also, Danny was just boring to me, Kris has really come a long way and he is someone I can actually see making a popular album. I can't see Danny making anything relevant right now... Adam, he is another story. Definitely the best one this year, has been from the beginning. I don't know WHAT he will do after Idol, but I am sure it will be entertaining. I love my Adam and I love Kris too, so I am SO glad that Danny finally went home.. it was his time in my opinion.

suetalks
05-14-2009, 11:41 AM
So glad to see Kris win over Danny last night. He has been my fav. but I thought he would be gone the week Allison went. So pleased right now. I doubted anyone could win over Adam..but maybe Danny fans will vote for Kris FTW.