South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 04:46 AM   #1  
Determined to lose!

Default Tuesday's Talk!

GM everyone. I haven't made it to the kitchen to put the coffee on yet! See how devoted I am? . But once I do you all are invited to share a cup with me!

It was nice yesterday at work, Ann called in sick! (the overbearing b oss). Amazing what a body can accomplish without someone interrupting and ordering every five minutes!

OOPS, just remembered I have to look for my bank debit card. I gassed up last week and put it in my coat pocket, and I wore a different coat yesterday, so I was driving on fumes and hungry! I didn't get out to shop over the weekend... shame on me.

Have a great day all!
Old 01-13-2009, 05:48 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Good Morning!!!
I have to go to a technology workshop today and don't have to be there till 8:30, so didn't have to hit the gym at 5 this morning (I'm usually at school at 7!) So...wanted to buzz in and tell everyone hey!!

It's been nuts here. My mom and sister came to visit for 10 days and ended up having to stay for 3 weeks because my mom ended up in the hospital. She is much better now and they got back to NC on Sunday.

I had a few "no-no's" during the holidays, but luckily didn't gain any weight from them since I only missed the gym on Christmas and New Years. Back on track again till next Thanksgiving!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 01-13-2009, 06:07 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Cat and Lori. Nice to "see" you, Cat. Lori, be sure you get gas today - for the car, that is!

Had a long chat with my sister yesterday. She is going to Armenia with CESO to teach some women how to quilt! It's a three week assignment and she was trying to persuade me to come along. (I think she's scared!) The wee village she's going to has no hotels or restaurants so she'll really be roughing it. This will be a life experience that she can enjoy by herself!

Another relatively quiet day coming up around here. The Doggage will be glad. The only thing I have to do is do a dog yard patrol to see if I can find some of the toys that Jazz has snuck out there. We expect snow later so...

Hope your day is pleasant and not too cold. We are heading into major freeze tonight!
Old 01-13-2009, 06:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Loriann, Cat, and everyone to come!

This morning is better than yesterday already. I was a little under the weather and was tired and grumpy all day, so I kept myself scarce for everyone's sake.

I have a hairdresser's appointment first thing today, then will probably head right over to Cindy's. Maggie was home with a bad cold yesterday, and we'll probably keep her home again today, so I'll be needed ASAP.

On the bright side, our days are 17 minutes longer now!
Old 01-13-2009, 07:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

Did you all see the full moon last night? It's beautiful! We have a cold snap heading our way, too. The weatherman said that Friday's low is going to be 13*! I should have been a bear...

DH and I went to the 'frip' store last night. (DS couldn't say 'Thrift' when he was little and the name stuck.) I found 4 pairs of jeans and a pair of cowboy boots for him for less than $15. WooHoo!!! He is hard on the knees of his jeans.

Speaking of jeans, I had to wear a belt with my jeans yesterday to hold them up. It's working! Hope you all have a great day!
Old 01-13-2009, 08:23 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning gals Today we are going in a little later so bf can stay for two meetings. She's doing better and should be back to driving herself next week. I don't mind - it's kind of fun having company on the drive home

Lori - Wow, I can't imagine typing before coffee! I have a coffee maker with a timer so the sound of done coffee is my alarm in the morning. yes, I love my coffee, why do you ask Glad you had a peaceful day yesterday.

Cat - Always lovely to see your name pop up. You are my roll model for maintenance - just getting healthier and stronger all the time.

Ruth - Wow, that will be quite an adventure for your sister. We are getting the freeze tonight too, though it will undoubtedly be tropic compared to your temps! Is it just me or does it already seem like winter has lasted forever?!

Cottage - Thanks for the daylight update! I've been noticing it in the afternoons and really appreciate every minute. Hope everyone around you is healthier today.

Chelby - The full moon over new snow was really spectacular. Made me want to get out for a moonlight snow shoe, though I didn't. Maybe next month. I love the frip stores and never would have made it through 10 months of weight loss without them. I was able to get a couple of pairs of pants in every size all the way down, though I was careful never to spend more than $2-3 a pair because I didn't plan to stop. I did buy two full wardrobes in sizes I thought I'd stay but just re-donated all that stuff. A least it didn't cost me a fortune.

Nothing exciting on tap for today. Meeting in the morning which should be interesting because we will hear some of the speculation about upcoming state budget cuts. It wouldn't be surprising if half our staff ended up jobless by summer the way things are going. Of course private donations and foundation money is also down so we are feeling it across the board. Only time will tell.

Okay, gotta get moving now. Have a good day all!
Old 01-13-2009, 09:19 AM   #7  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies! Happy Tuesday!

Lori - Glad to hear that you were so productive yesterday. Maybe bosslady will see all that you got done in her absence and cut you some slack and trust you a little more...one can only hope!

Cat - Good to see you stopping by. Glad to hear all is well. Keep it up so we can continue to look to you for inspiration. Take any good pictures lately???

Ruth - Wow!!! A trip to Armenia sounds exciting for your sister. Quite the adventure!

Cottage - Hope your appointment with your hairdresser goes well. We'd love to see pictures!!!

Chelby - Great job at the frip store last night. Sounds like you really know how to work it! And excellent work having to wear a belt with your jeans. You're doing great!!!

Cyndi - Glad to hear that your friend is doing better. I hope the news at the meeting this morning isn't too bad. Good luck!!!

ME - Not much going on around here today. I will share that yesterday before lunch I was told that we were going out for co-worker's bday. At first I froze....did I want to risk it? But then I told myself that there were plenty of beachy options and I would simply have to make good decision. And I stuck to it!!!! Got the salad bar & soup. And did REALLY WELL!!! I really felt good about my choices!
Looking forward to Biggest Looser tonight....should be interesting.
Have a lovely Tuesday, ladies!!! BLESSINGS!
Old 01-13-2009, 09:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning Ladies. The weather folks were wrong AGAIN. Said we would have snow lastnight, nothing. Said this morning we missed out and now just had the cold coming in, guess what? It's snowing!

I have seriously got to get my butt in gear! I feel just miserable about these few pounds I have put on and the choices I have made. I did so well for so long, why, why, why did I let this happen? UGH! The first step is admitting you have a problem right??

OK enough whining, I have a ton of work to do. Have a great day chicks!
Old 01-13-2009, 09:57 AM   #9  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

stopping by to say hi and read up on how everyone is doing. i've been fighting a cold for over a week now and the past few days i haven't been able to sleep so i am havin it pretty rough.

cat glad your mom is well

hope to be back in full swing real soon
Old 01-13-2009, 10:09 AM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Mornin' everybody! I have a busy day full of tons of appointments, including my first real visit to the PT for help with my knees. We'll see what torture she puts me through...

Have a good one!
Old 01-13-2009, 10:18 AM   #11  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

hey girls. quick check-in for me.

glad everyone seems to be doing well - feel better soon, sick chicks!

last night our neighbor who lives below us came up to tell us that ds was too loud when he runs around and that his son couldn't sleep. i could have seen the rationale if it was late at night but it was 6:30 - he said their 1 y/o woke up @ 5 to be to daycare so he went to bed between 5:30 and 6...i think it is a little unrealistic to expect a family to stop moving after that time. he can hear all of us, not just ds1. ds is almost always in bed by 7:30 or 8, and we're going to try and keep him playing upstairs. advice on what to do? i feel bad about disturbing their son, but i also think that bedtime is extremely early and we all essentially have to live together....also, we can hear their activities clear as day and on the weekends their son doesn't sleep during the day and has woken ds1 up as well.

oy.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:55 AM   #12  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Tell your neighbor to buy a $10 box fan from Walmart for his son's room. Expecting quiet by 6 p.m. is unreasonable.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:09 AM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Zeff I agree with Chelby. . .What are you supposed to do make him sit in the corner?
Laurie Get electro stim its sore muscle heaven!!
Gonna Feel Better
Steph I' with you with the bonus pounds grrrr
Heather Good Job!!
Cyn the only thing I do before coffee is exercise. . .b/c I don't have to thinnk!
Chelby Frip stoer that's awesome!
Cottage how's the new do?
Ruth that's such an awesome oadventure for your sister. . .but my idea of travel has a little more luxury involved
Cat I'm glad your Moms better. . .gotta love extra time in the AM
Loriann did you find your card?

Me:
Pluggin away at Ph 2 journaling counting calories and exercising. . .tho I better step it up to make my goal for the month. Today I should get My Paul McKenna I can make you thin so that shoudl be good and BL is on tonight I'm curious to see what happens!
Have a great day!!
Kier
Old 01-13-2009, 11:19 AM   #14  

Zeff - That hour is unreasonable.

Me - I just got back from my physical. Everything looks good. My blood pressure was 100/60 so she was thrilled. Cholesterol was borderline but if I stay onplan that will improve again. She was happy with everything. She did start me on the series of Hepatitis A/B shots. She felt that it would be smart since I go camping where we only have latrines.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:25 AM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning Chickies, hope you are all doing well. I'm still in a funk. Not eating horribly at all (save maybe too many nuts) but trying to keep afloat and just eat, you know? Getting showered and going food shopping today. First time out of the house in some time.

Anyway, just wanted to check in. Thanks for all the warm thoughts!
Closed Thread